Basic battleplan for intro games

Also, the player who wins the initial roll off should get to decide if they set up first or second. Some players like to deploy to counter what the other player sets down where. Hope the games go well and everyone has fun!

3 hours ago, JPjr said:

one suggestion, just for clarity would it not be better to create a 9" (or indeed 18") no man's land strip between the armies?

I mean by deploying 9" away enemy territory, there is already a 18" no man land in the middle right or do you mean physically mark it?

2 hours ago, Lobeau said:

Also, the player who wins the initial roll off should get to decide if they set up first or second. Some players like to deploy to counter what the other player sets down where. Hope the games go well and everyone has fun!

Just following the GHB where the winner puts down first as well as picking side :)

7 minutes ago, AaronWilson said:

I mean by deploying 9" away enemy territory, there is already a 18" no man land in the middle right or do you mean physically mark it?

yeah, it's a personal choice but I'd physically mark it. 

just in terms of ultra-clarity, as it stands you're saying this blue or red area is your territory which you can set up in.

oh but you have to then deploy 9" away from enemy territory.

so people have to remember that, measure it etc etc. now obviously that isn't exactly hard to understand, but as the territory then plays no further part in the game for determining points or anything like that, just reducing each army's respective territory means you don't have to insert the 2nd clause, people just set up within their territory, job done.

I realise that I've just written several sentences to justify removing about 5 words so 🤷‍♂️ but just me thinking with my editor/copy-writing head on.

3 hours ago, JPjr said:

yeah, it's a personal choice but I'd physically mark it. 

just in terms of ultra-clarity, as it stands you're saying this blue or red area is your territory which you can set up in.

oh but you have to then deploy 9" away from enemy territory.

so people have to remember that, measure it etc etc. now obviously that isn't exactly hard to understand, but as the territory then plays no further part in the game for determining points or anything like that, just reducing each army's respective territory means you don't have to insert the 2nd clause, people just set up within their territory, job done.

I realise that I've just written several sentences to justify removing about 5 words so 🤷‍♂️ but just me thinking with my editor/copy-writing head on.

We’ll territories do matter for things like placing terrain, some will say “wholly within your territory” so that area which you can’t deploy in but is your territory is still relevant.