Nighthaunt vs Everchosen/Slaves BattleTraits

Slaves

Question

I'm a newish player playing with another newish player - we've played several games and are gradually adding more rules as we got the hang of the basics.

We're now looking at battle traits, command traits etc.  My opponent has a nighthaunts army and he apparently has 6 really quite powerful battle traits - in addition to all the ridiculous amount of buffing he already gets.  Last night one of my large units got slaughtered after being charged by 3 of his units that all got 10+ charge rolls - which allowed each of them to attack with their ridiculous number of dice before the combat even started, and then one of them got another attack at the start of the combat phase before what was left of my unit got a chance to fight back... which seems a tad over powered, especially given the charge bonuses and hero buffs they were already getting.

But I'm trying to find out what battle traits I get for having an everchosen / slaves to darkness army and I can't find any. at all.  So his army is buffed like crazy plus has 6 mostly powerful battle traits and I get naff all.  Am I missing something?

8 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Slaves said:

I'm a newish player playing with another newish player - we've played several games and are gradually adding more rules as we got the hang of the basics.

We're now looking at battle traits, command traits etc.  My opponent has a nighthaunts army and he apparently has 6 really quite powerful battle traits - in addition to all the ridiculous amount of buffing he already gets.  Last night one of my large units got slaughtered after being charged by 3 of his units that all got 10+ charge rolls - which allowed each of them to attack with their ridiculous number of dice before the combat even started, and then one of them got another attack at the start of the combat phase before what was left of my unit got a chance to fight back... which seems a tad over powered, especially given the charge bonuses and hero buffs they were already getting.

But I'm trying to find out what battle traits I get for having an everchosen / slaves to darkness army and I can't find any. at all.  So his army is buffed like crazy plus has 6 mostly powerful battle traits and I get naff all.  Am I missing something?

First off, Wave of Terror (free combat on charge roll of 10) must be unmodified. That means the dice have to say 10 or more, he cannot give any boost for that to go off. But yes Wave of Terror is great if it goes off.

Everchosen/Slaves to Darkness do not really have a battletome right now. The Slaves to Darkness have allegiance abilites in the General's Handbook 2018 that are current. But the new General's Handbook 2019 comes out next month and they may get updated. On top of that a lot of people expect them to get their own battletome soon which may or may not have Everchosen rolled into it.

17 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

First off, Wave of Terror (free combat on charge roll of 10) must be unmodified. That means the dice have to say 10 or more, he cannot give any boost for that to go off. But yes Wave of Terror is great if it goes off.

Everchosen/Slaves to Darkness do not really have a battletome right now. The Slaves to Darkness have allegiance abilites in the General's Handbook 2018 that are current. But the new General's Handbook 2019 comes out next month and they may get updated. On top of that a lot of people expect them to get their own battletome soon which may or may not have Everchosen rolled into it.

Yes, they were unmodified.  Can you re-roll 1 of the dice with a command point though?

Ah, found them in the generals handbook, but they are pants.  Basically re-roll git rolls of 1 if within 8" of a hero... lame...

2 minutes ago, Slaves said:

Yes, they were unmodified.  Can you re-roll 1 of the dice with a command point though?

Ah, found them in the generals handbook, but they are pants.  Basically re-roll git rolls of 1 if within 8" of a hero... lame...

You can re-roll them with a command point once. You pay one command point from a hero within 6" or your general within 12" and you re-roll BOTH dice (cant keep one and re-roll the other). You cannot re-roll a re-roll though so it only works once. And yes, sometimes the dice are hot and he will hit multiple unmodified 10's. 

Look at Cities of Firestorm abilities, there is an Allegiance called Fist of Everchosen that combines Everchosen, StD, Khorne and Tzeench and gives the army re-rolls of charge rolls and smtg else. Within this allegiance you have traits and artefacts of general Chaos. ATM it's the most you can get without playing a single god army using Blades of Khorne/Maggotkin of Nurgle/Disciples of Tzeentch/Hedonists of Slaanesh books

On 5/23/2019 at 12:19 PM, SleeperAgent said:

You can re-roll them with a command point once. You pay one command point from a hero within 6" or your general within 12" and you re-roll BOTH dice (cant keep one and re-roll the other). You cannot re-roll a re-roll though so it only works once. And yes, sometimes the dice are hot and he will hit multiple unmodified 10's. 

Can you let me know which manual/page it talks about using command points to reroll please?  Having trouble find it.

3 hours ago, Slaves said:

Can you let me know which manual/page it talks about using command points to reroll please?  Having trouble find it.

It’s under the Hero phase in the core rules section. Command abilities.  Page 3 in the azyr app. 

Forward to Victory: You can use this ability after declaring a charge for a unit with 6” of a HERO or 12” of your general. If you do so, reroll the charge roll.