Beastclaw Raiders Start Collecting Assembly Options

DestroyerBirb

Also, is this good for a budget army?

It is heavily revolved around to start collecting boxes.

Huskard on Thunderhusk as General 360 

Mournfang Pack x4 Battleline 1 320

Huskard on Stonehorn 340

Mournfang Pack x4 Battleline 2 320

Thunderhusk Bestriders 340

Mournfang Pack x4 Battleline 3 320

Yes indeed!  The Thundertusk/Stonehorn kit can be made either way.  Beastclaw Raiders are a very very good army for budget and time constraints I think.  They can also be super duper good performers in the game.  Not sure about any  battalions they might have, but the start collecting boxes are excellent.  I know many players like those ice Yetis too, and some like the saber cats for outflanking, but the big guys and the Mournfangs are great to start. 

One guy I've played with has a Stonehorn general, 2 of the Thundertusks that breath icy death shooting, and 3x3 Mournfangs I think?  And like 6 Yetis.  Can't remember what else, maybe an allied Ogor Butcher with the Cauldron for a wizard.

They could be considered easier to paint than many other armies because of the low model count, but also they don't have loads of super teensy fiddly details like fancy pants Chaos or Aelvish models often have.  Washes and drybrushing will be good techniques, as may the new contrast paints (which I have not tried yet).

• 1 month later...

Also, its super easy to magnetize them in a way that will give you at least 4 options, even all 6 with just a little bit more work. You obviously magnetize the heads, always use the double saddle version, you can always put a second rider on there or just put a magnet in something like a treasure chest and put it on the second saddle when used as a frostlord/huskard. Magnetizing the heroes hand is optional imo, You can always give him both the spear and the bird and use him "counts as".

IMG_20190328_174849342.jpg

IMG_20190328_175015427_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190328_175107742_HDR.jpg

On 7/3/2019 at 8:21 AM, EddieWouldGo said:

Also, its super easy to magnetize them in a way that will give you at least 4 options, even all 6 with just a little bit more work. You obviously magnetize the heads, always use the double saddle version, you can always put a second rider on there or just put a magnet in something like a treasure chest and put it on the second saddle when used as a frostlord/huskard. Magnetizing the heroes hand is optional imo, You can always give him both the spear and the bird and use him "counts as".

IMG_20190328_174849342.jpg

IMG_20190328_175015427_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190328_175107742_HDR.jpg

What size magnets did you use?

• 2 weeks later...

My Start Collecting assembly advice is something along the line of...:

(1) Build the big beastie as a Frostlord on Stonehorn

(2) Sell Mournfang sprues.

(3) Sell kidneys.

(4) Sell children into slavery.

(5) Buy loads of Yhetees at 10 quid a pop.