The Weeping Woods - Sylvaanesh Hybrid army

Melcavuk

Sylvaanesh are my latest project, aiming to convert between the two factions to have dual purpose units to use as either (Treelord/Keeper Hybrid, my Branchwych is able to be seperated from her Harp when an Infernal Alluress, Daemonettes/Dryads etc)

Working on Lore for a deity of the forest, broken and wounded during the invasions of Nurgle and left to fester in her own failings. In time she dragged her broken form to the mirrored lakes where the sprites of the lake (Daemons of Slaanesh,) tended her wounds and whispered to her own fractured mental state. In time her own failings were all she could see, so she turned to the failing forests and cleaved from them all sickness, that they might grow strong. And for a time she was sated, yet as the years passed again she looked upon them and found no satisfaction, and cleaved again that they might grow beautiful. When she came for the third time upon the forest no longer did they lean away from her blade, instead groaning at the very winds caress as they sought the blades affection of their aster.

Once revered as Our Lady of the Harvest, or Our Lady of the Fall by the local settlements the deity provided fertility and bountiful crops to those who made their lives nearby. As her corruption grew however the crops became all the sweeter, the richer and to those who had tasted them no other food would suffice. Her shrine in the forest became a temple of affluence as they offered all for the Ladies blessings, no longer tending their fields, feeding their lifestock all they could crave was what the Lady offered.

These settlements eventually collapse into hedonistic tribes, no element of culture survives prolonged exposure yet as the forests grow more risk fallings under her sway.

Now the deity is known only as Our Fallen Lady.

IMG_5962.JPG

IMG_5965.JPG

Edited by Melcavuk
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

10 of the Corrupted Revenants for the Sylvaanesh now assembled, complete with full command staff of champion, icon, banner and musician. They have a nice amount of oomph to their appearance whilst still (to my mind) looking Slaaneshy and Sylvanet

IMG_5973.JPG

IMG_5971.JPG

IMG_5972.JPG

• Like 6

Cool and interesting work as always. Be interesting to see what they look like with some colour. The greys and purples of traditional slaanesh against the various shades of the life cycle should be an interesting challenge.

• Like 1

Building to the first 1000 points the aim is:

Envoy of the Fallen Lady - Keeper of Secrets
Sinisterous Hand
Strongest Alone
Strength of Godhood
Sliversash

Siren of the Murkwood - Infernal Enraptures

Reaper of Sin - Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot

Seeds of Dissent - 10 Daemonettes (Dryad/Daemonette Hybrid)

Corrupted Revenants - 10 Daemonettes (Tree Revenant/Daemonette Hybrid)

Mesmerising Mirror (Endless Spells)

Enrapturess.jpg

Envoy.jpg

IMG_5980.JPG

IMG_5985.JPG

• Like 10

Some early morning pre-work painting on my Keeper. Adding in metal tones and what hopefully looks to be an appealing shade of red to the apple. Using quite a muted pallette across the model with the red hopefully standing out. Now what colour for the spear tip?

IMG_5993.JPG

IMG_5994.JPG

IMG_5995.JPG

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

With the Enrapturess table ready that brings my Sylvaanesh to 3 Heroes for my 1000 point list. Still to paint Herowise are my summoning pool of 2 Bladebringer Seeker chariots and a normal Keeper of Secrets if depravity is being generous.

IMG_6030.JPG

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

With the recent re-release of the Corvus Black I've managed to edge up the bases of all of my current Slaanesh with the army now being as complete as possible for tabletop standards! Along with a vanity shot of the most recent conversions from all my projects

IMG_6098.JPG

IMG_6100.JPG

IMG_6101.JPG

IMG_6104.JPG

IMG_6105.JPG

IMG_6106.JPG

IMG_6107.JPG

IMG_6108.JPG

IMG_6109.JPG

IMG_6110.JPG

IMG_6111.JPG

IMG_6117.JPG