Best AoS Movement Trays?

9 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

Thanks for the offer, shippings a bit steep though!  

Are all your trays/sheets branded?

If so is there an option to have them without branding?

Whats the benefit of your trays/sheets that other manufacturers don’t offer?

I’m happy to wax lyrical about the advantages of my trays but it may be better to point you here. 

https://plasticcraic.blog/2019/09/23/product-review-mini-mag-trays/

it’s an independent review by one of my customers. 

Shipping expensive? I do my very best to keep costs low. £6 worldwide isn’t too bad. On any orders over about £40 I actually loose money. 

Mom happy to remove branding if you really want too. Just let me know. 

• Like 2

I really like those low profile minimag trays. For those who've decided to use these across different armies. What numbers and shapes have you purchased?

I'd be using them for Moonclan, squigs, 40k cultists, Genestealers. 

My first thoughts are mostly the 5 cloud shape with some of the strips.

Would that work well in both games?

6 hours ago, Eldarain said:

My first thoughts are mostly the 5 cloud shape with some of the strips.

Would that work well in both games?

I only use them in AOS (don't really play 40K although I'm keen to get into it more).  In AOS I would say that's bang on the money. 

Clouds are the most consistently useful in my experience, but you'll want some strips in your toolkit too.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I only use them in AOS (don't really play 40K although I'm keen to get into it more).  In AOS I would say that's bang on the money. 

Clouds are the most consistently useful in my experience, but you'll want some strips in your toolkit too.

Yes having options for what and how you deploy your troops. It’s worth noting that these trays are much less restrictive than normal trays so you have a fair bit of flexibility. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There was a mixup with my order and I didn't receive my cloud trays (Mini Mag fired some in the mail immediately after I contacted them)

Was able to get my gobbos magged up and played a few games with the strips. They really are great. Bit unwieldy to use just the strips for now but the speed up in gameplay was super noticable and being able to pile in without removing the trays is fantastic.

Looking forward to getting the workhorse trays as I can already see how much better my games are going to be.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2019 at 2:08 PM, Sedge said:

So MinimagTRAY, thats me.

I've approched this as a 'What do I really want to use' kind of project. The issues I see with current designs are this:

Rims, lack of flexibility, cost, not ready to use, usable for the entire game not just T1

So from my site... www.minimagTRAY.co.uk

Fully magnetic trays: Made of high grade, precision cut steel the trays are fully magnetic to allow your magnetised troops a surface to really stick too.

No RIM! Finally, no rim around your troops. This allows your troops to get into base to base contact with the enemy. No more ‘counts as contact’ but correct placement of your troops in the combat phase without the need to remove your tray to do it.

Low profile. Steel means thin and strong. Profile less than 1mm means that they can easily stack on top of each if the situation calls for it.

Practically invisible when in use. We don’t really want to see the movement tray, it’s the models we want to see. Low profile, no rim and practically invisible when in use. This delivers this like no other design.

Ready to use. MiniMagTRAY are ready to use. No building, gluing or painting required to use. Just magnetised models and your ready to go. Don’t worry if you’ve never magnetised an army.

Magnetising models is sooooo easy. I've always done it for transport so it makes sense to use it on the table. I did a skaven army in one night. The whole lot.

I am going to expand the range to include some of the larger sizes but alos ways to really get the best use out these trays. Designed for fighting with rather than just deployment.

These look great, I would like to order some. Do you ship to Germany? 

2 hours ago, Naem said:

These look great, I would like to order some. Do you ship to Germany? 

Yes I do. I ship worldwide for a flat fee of £6. This is an added bonus for those that order large. Much cheaper than most worldwide shipping I've seen

1 hour ago, schwabbele said:

@Sedge any plans on more 40mm versions? like a 5 tight, and 5 wide.  Or could you custom make them when payped upfront?

Currently I do these bad boys.  

https://www.minimagtray.co.uk/?product=5-combat-cloud-40mm

The thinking is this. If models are killed it doesn't matter where you remove them from, they always stay in 1"  coherency.  Very practical on the table. I would advise that more than one magnet is placed under the model due to extra weight of tray and models. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eldarain said:

There was a mixup with my order and I didn't receive my cloud trays (Mini Mag fired some in the mail immediately after I contacted them)

Was able to get my gobbos magged up and played a few games with the strips. They really are great. Bit unwieldy to use just the strips for now but the speed up in gameplay was super noticable and being able to pile in without removing the trays is fantastic.

Looking forward to getting the workhorse trays as I can already see how much better my games are going to be.

Yeah just me in the mail office I'm afraid so can't fire myself 🤣 All I can do is apologise 🙂

Glad you enjoy them. I've had a lot of great feedback about the trays from those that have tried them. It's why I offer free trays and magnets for anyone that would like to have a go.

2 hours ago, Sedge said:

Yes I do. I ship worldwide for a flat fee of £6. This is an added bonus for those that order large. Much cheaper than most worldwide shipping I've seen

Sounds great! I will ask around my group and place an order. Thank you :)

9 hours ago, Tidings said:

I've been searching for something more elegant, will definitely give the minimags a shot!!

Well if you want to you can always try the free tray and magnets on my site or just go for what you need.

Getting some great feedback from customers so far so I'm fairly confident there should be useful for you.

AND, you get a free sticker!  😁

9 hours ago, Sedge said:

Well if you want to you can always try the free tray and magnets on my site or just go for what you need.

Getting some great feedback from customers so far so I'm fairly confident there should be useful for you.

AND, you get a free sticker!  😁

I was originally going to just get the free one first but because of the shipping I went ahead and ordered some of the cloud ones too. But I'd still love to try the free one with that 1" spacing! Might order a bunch of those after. 

• LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the trays and played a game with them! First impressions: shipping was a bit faster than I expected (UK to Canada) and the trays are nicely made. No sharp edges, paint seems fairly durable though there's a couple spots of metal shining through. Using them was a bit tricky at first though. Will definitely take some getting used to. I love the idea of not have edges, but now I realize how much I used the edges to pick up and move my other trays. With the metal models I was using, it was pretty finicky to move the trays around. I'm going to a 3 game tourney this weekend and will use plastic models with the trays, so I'll give my thoughts after that. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tidings said:

Just got the trays and played a game with them! First impressions: shipping was a bit faster than I expected (UK to Canada) and the trays are nicely made. No sharp edges, paint seems fairly durable though there's a couple spots of metal shining through. Using them was a bit tricky at first though. Will definitely take some getting used to. I love the idea of not have edges, but now I realize how much I used the edges to pick up and move my other trays. With the metal models I was using, it was pretty finicky to move the trays around. I'm going to a 3 game tourney this weekend and will use plastic models with the trays, so I'll give my thoughts after that. 

Yes with metal models you may need an extra magnet to increase the hold they have to tray. If enough weight is added the can become a little trickier to use. 
it’s a balance between getting the right hold and being able to remove them. This is key to getting all the advantages from MiniMagTRAYs. 

5 hours ago, Sedge said:

Yes with metal models you may need an extra magnet to increase the hold they have to tray. If enough weight is added the can become a little trickier to use. 
it’s a balance between getting the right hold and being able to remove them. This is key to getting all the advantages from MiniMagTRAYs. 

Yeah that's what I figured, I'm pretty sure the plastic models will be easier as well. If I picked up a tray of 5 models (metal) by 1 model, he would separate because the weight of the other 4 would be too much for the 1 magnet to hold. I was also playing on a very hard, bumpy table, so they didn't push around well cause the edges would frequently get caught on stuff. On most tables, this wouldn't be an issue at all though!

• 1 month later...

Few months late but hopefully some of you are still around... I have a question about trays!

I am starting AoS (currently a 40k) player and end up between 40 and 80 chainrasps...  I think it is definitely the right time to use movement trays 😉
I had reservations about using trays due to piling but it looks like the MiniMagTray trays might work out even with piling.

However I am lost about what to buy!

- Cloud 5?
- 3 man Straight Open trays? (it looks like you can stick 5 guys on it in close formation)
- 4 man Straight  Open trays? (it looks like you can stick 7 guys on it in close formation)
- 3 man Straight Close Formation?

Any recommendation from people who are using them?

15 hours ago, TakTak said:

Few months late but hopefully some of you are still around... I have a question about trays!

I am starting AoS (currently a 40k) player and end up between 40 and 80 chainrasps...  I think it is definitely the right time to use movement trays 😉
I had reservations about using trays due to piling but it looks like the MiniMagTray trays might work out even with piling.

However I am lost about what to buy!

- Cloud 5?
- 3 man Straight Open trays? (it looks like you can stick 5 guys on it in close formation)
- 4 man Straight  Open trays? (it looks like you can stick 7 guys on it in close formation)
- 3 man Straight Close Formation?

Any recommendation from people who are using them?

I'd say it depends on the unit in question.  For large units of chainrasp, my preference would be cloud 5.  It'll allow you to facilitate big blobs and get the most into combat (second rank is within 1") and they tesselate together very well

Yes it is very much dependant on what you would like to achieve with your units.

If they are small 10 man speed bumps then I would look at 3 and 4 man open. This allows quick and accurate spacing taking up the most space. They can easily collapse into tighter formations.

For bigger units its either the staright or cloud. Both do the same thing really.

For smaller high quality combat units I would go 3 man close. These are ace where exact positioning is useful. Especially good with 2" reach models. Why? Well if one model is touching all models must be in combat.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

MiniMagTray ones are great, you can move your minis fearless and they go practically unvisible on the table. Also if you place a magnet on the centre of the miniature you get some space to move the minis around when you remove some death ones or when you pile in.  I made a big order a bit around and they came in and i am trully surprised by them, besides @Sedge  followed very closely my package to canary islands because we have some special rules for importing, he gives  a very good customer support.

• Like 1