AOS 2 - Lethisian Defenders Discussion

JackStreicher

7 minutes ago, Doko said:

I really dont know,but i see maaaaaaany tournament list that arent stormcast and bring one as ally one mage stormcast and the stormcast endless spell.

So i guess you can use fyreslayer endless spells also even if you arent a fyreslayer army

yeah i think you can use the fyreslayer invocations.

• 5 months later...

Does anybody know if Lethisian Defenders have survived the transition to AoS3? 

I've been telling myself if the allegiance gets removed that I could make it work with grand alliance order but it seems like that might not be an option anymore. 

The Lethisian dream is over (in matched play). All armies need to be single faction and the list of books where you can get these factions from doesn't include Forbidden Power.

I have my last game with my list on Thursday this week then I shall pivot to Fyreslayers until, I hope, there is a duardin equivalent of the Orruk warclans book or some other mash up opportunity.

@Tomplex

@Forehead

Lethis is noted as one of seven great fortress cities in the new Corebook as CoS' representative city for the Realm of Death(probably because Glymmsforge didn't get rules) so it might get a rules update in a new battletome.

I imagine it could wind up a Anvilgard 2.0 if they don't get a rebellion faction so the Anvils of Heldenhammer have a new place to call home in their main realm since they lost the fire realm port.

On 6/21/2021 at 1:47 AM, Forehead said:

The Lethisian dream is over (in matched play). All armies need to be single faction and the list of books where you can get these factions from doesn't include Forbidden Power.

I have my last game with my list on Thursday this week then I shall pivot to Fyreslayers until, I hope, there is a duardin equivalent of the Orruk warclans book or some other mash up opportunity.

I'm a little fuzzy on the rules for what can and can't be taken. Theoretically, say I take Stormcast as my book. I take 3 battleline and a leader. Now the rules say 1 in 4 could be allies that don't exclude you from taking Stormcast allegiance, so if I played MSU I could still bring IDK, KO and FS as token units without losing my allegiance abilities. But what if I take more? I lose the allegiance abilities but could I still go to a tournament with a legal, albeit self-nerfed army? 

I hope Lethis stays a choice but i imagine it will be CoS heavy rather than our current mix of factions. This is probably a good call for balance purposes and i'll wait to see if a mixed duardin book happens in the next 6 months before buying into gyros and irondrakes/breakers.

@Tomplex You're still limited to 400 points of allies so if you go over this you wont be legal. https://www.goonhammer.com/ruleshammer-age-of-sigmar-3-0-list-building-changes/

• Sad 1

On 6/25/2021 at 9:40 PM, Tomplex said:

Now the rules say 1 in 4 could be allies that don't exclude you from taking Stormcast allegiance, so if I played MSU I could still bring IDK, KO and FS as token units without losing my allegiance abilities.

Probably why they're being put in Cities so that's easier since it combines so many armies.

If it makes Deepkin apart of that city(very possible looking at the other aelf cities) so you can freely take 1 in 4 of them then the Stormkeep CoS rule would let you have a large Stormcasts force to cover those parts while bringing in either KO or FS as allies.

So it can be a good successor.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ouch, I was just looking into Lethisian Defenders given the new SCE banner bearer grants healing/respawning and that complements Lethis. It's a shame they're ignoring it despite still selling the supplement... Moreso because core battalions and universal traits/artefacts would've really helped the allegiance, right? 

I'm sure you could still play outside of tournaments, it's not like it'd be particularly broken for a friendly matched play game but... Yeah. Hopefully CoS 2.0 supports it. Gotta miss the Excelsior Warpriest option though 😂

• Like 1