2019 What Army/Armies do you play poll?

THE 2019 "WHAT ARMIES ARE YOU CURRENTLY COLLECTING" POLL   

337 members have voted

1. 1. What Age of Sigmar army/armies are you primarily a collector of as of 2019?

• Aelves (Darkling Coven and Wanderers included)
    • Daughters of Khaine
    • Dispossessed
    • Free Peoples
    • Fyreslayers
    • Idoneth Deepkin
    • Kharadron Overlords
    • Seraphon
    • Stormcast Eternals
    • Sylvaneth
    • Beasts of Chaos
    • Blades of Khorne
    • Disciples of Tzeentch
    • Everchosen/Slaves to Darkness
    • Hedonites of Slaanesh
    • Maggotkin of Nurgle
    • Skaven
    • Flesh-eater Courts
    • Legions of Nagash
    • Nighthaunt
    • Beastclaw Raiders
    • Bonesplitterz
    • Gloomspite Gitz
    • Gutbusters
    • Ironjawz
    • Grand Alliance Order
    • Grand Alliance Order
    • Grand Alliance Chaos
    • Grand Alliance Death
    • Grand Alliance Destruction
    • Legions of Azgorh

Thought I would do a grand update to the 2018 what armies do you play poll. This would be the armies you consider your main/primary armies, since some people literally collect almost every army. 

It bears mentioning that this time around I am only using the armies as listed on the GW website in the format they are listed on said website + the Legion of Azgorh from forgeworld, so please spare me the vitriol re: no Tomb Kings or Brets. I don't mean to cause offense.  If the armies are added back to the GW website for sale in the coming years I will certainly add them to the poll. 

Also I have a link below to the google form as well if you want to use that but this will require a google sign in so someone can't submit their response 100 times etc. 

https://forms.gle/6Fu72YJTmftf89iHA

Cheers!

PS: A sticky would be rad!

Edited by Lord Veshnakar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Daughters of Khaine, Skaven and Slaanesh! 

I could possibly have tacked on Slaves to Darkness, but right now I'm only focused on Slaanesh and I'm also sort of waiting to see what GW does with the mortal side of Chaos. I'm sure I'll get some of them even if its just to bring in things like chimera and cockatrace as well as some Chaos Warriors. Right now one big boon is that one box of warriors and knights basically gives me all I'd likely need from both in terms of an allied force - heck for pure chaos warriors and knights are insanely well priced based on tehir in-game points value. 

• Like 1

Started playing with Beats of chaos and became soon after a part of the brettonian themed squigs o Gob (Gloomspite gitz).

But if I had to choose my main army it would be skaven, since I already own 15000points of them and for some reason really want to push that up to 31000p. I also really, really like the fluff and since we got a battletome, the game mechanics of pushing the damage but possible dying afterwards is what really keeps me at the army (don’t care about plague monks and Warplightning vortex)

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

Got into tabletop Warhammer a month or two after the release of the Wood Elf DLC for Warhammer Total War - it was love at first battle. It's been all Wanderers for me since day one, and I've never really been tempted to take any allies either. I have almost 3000 points of Wanderers and about 4000 points total of Wanderers plus Wood Aelves that were collected from when they had the Wanderer keyword in AoS 1.0.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Tricky, I have at least a small force for everything in Death and Order, except Fyreslayers. However, I don't consider all of them equal. For example I am not too fussed about stormcast, I've just acquired them by accident through duel boxes. Likewise my free peoples army is mainly made up of Empire and Brett models I've picked up in job lots second hand while buying other stuff! They get used a fair bit though, despite being accidental!

I aim to have a Grand Army for each alliance.

At present these are Lizardmen/ Seraphon, Tomb Kings, and Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of Azgorh.(I like to be awkward.) My destruction army will be Gloomspite\ Night Goblins, but that is still very much a work in progress. 

I also have the skaven from spire of dawn, and the start of a beasts of chaos force. So my chaotic forces are slowly expanding. Most st of these are barely at 1000 pts though, only the grand armies are comprehensive. 

Obligatory "Where's Firebellies?" post.

Seraphon is my main army, but I'm currently working on finishing my Free People this summer.

I just started Beasts of Chaos this past New Year and I love 'em! It's my first Chaos army in 14 years of Warhammer. I find the play style similar to my Tyranids in 40k and the Nids were my 1st Warhammer love.

😁

Edited by Kamose

I have 3 Stormcast armies (Warrior Chamber, Vanguard Chamber and Sacrosanct Chamber) at 2k each. 

But the army I've played the most is Blades of Khorne (2k Bloodborne and 2k Deamons; with 1k Slaves to Darkness to mix in).

Then I have 2k+ of Disciples of Ttzeentch, 2k+ Nighhaunt and 1k Fyreslayers. 

• Like 1

I have used Stormcast pretty much since AoS hit, just over 5000pts of that. I have about 10000 pts of Slaves to Darkness (Warriors of Chaos really), Wood Elves and Dark Elves that I retired simply down to square bases. Shame really. 

Currently I have about 4000pts of Nighthaunt that I am painting up, haven't used them yet though.

Free Peoples are my main force, but my other army is Fimir and Trolls, as individually they are more aesthetically pleasing to me than Free Peoples, but collectively Free Peoples are more aesthetically interesting and playing them is more fun.

Free Peoples also function as a classical army and there's a lot to do with them; they have the means to tackle almost any opponent and put up a good fight, even if they aren't particularly strong. Their rules interactions are also fun to use, and I think the Greatsword kit and the heroes are excellent.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:05 PM, Lord Veshnakar said:

Thought I would do a grand update to the 2018 what armies do you play poll. This would be the armies you consider your main/primary armies, since some people literally collect almost every army. 

It bears mentioning that this time around I am only using the armies as listed on the GW website in the format they are listed on said website + the Legion of Azgorh from forgeworld, so please spare me the vitriol re: no Tomb Kings or Brets. I don't mean to cause offense.  If the armies are added back to the GW website for sale in the coming years I will certainly add them to the poll. 

Also I have a link below to the google form as well if you want to use that but this will require a google sign in so someone can't submit their response 100 times etc. 

https://forms.gle/6Fu72YJTmftf89iHA

Cheers!

PS: A sticky would be rad!

I gave a sad face, because there was no 'All' option.

3 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Surprised with the huge number of players with armies without battletomes.

Don't forget many had legacy armies from the Old World who have likely stuck with them waiting for their Tome! 

Plus some of the armies in waiting are pretty solid certain forces that will get a tome and are also really great themes. So they can easily generated popularity of their own within a niche (remembering the internet tends to more strongly reflect the niche market of any hobby when one is dealing with forums) 

• Like 1