Orruk/BCR

MouthPollution

On 5/17/2019 at 4:56 AM, MouthPollution said:

Hey I'm new to aos and im wanting play a 2k list of BCR and Orruks. Atm I'm thinking of running a base Braggoth with a extra unit of mornfang and grunta and a maw crush.  Was wondering what yall think of it.

From my understanding, the Maw Crusha cannot  be allied into BCR and is not in the battalion, so you would lose all your Battleline and BCR allegiance...

If you're fine with picking up some genetic battleline like some Savage Orruk squads or Stabbas/Shootas from Gloomspite, then it might be able to work.

@flamingwalnut is correct is saying that in matched play that is going to be an illegal list unless you add in 3 units of generic destruction "battleline". mornfang and gruntas are "battleline if" and your missing the "if" in the list you are thinking about.

There are 3 ways to play aos, matched/open/narrative. If you are playing open/narrative there are currently no rules on constructing an army so go for it. Additionally, Braggoth will look great and be a good base for when IJ or BCR get updated. 

If your playing matched your going to need to add in those generic destruction units which I think is a huge waste of money and time for a new player to invest in. Imo you would be better sticking to a full IJ or full BCR army with 400 points of allies. You can still build the Braggoth but the MK will have to be dropped since he is 420 and thus not an ally.

Assuming you are playing matched you can use https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/ to play around and see if your list is legal. The smallest legal Braggoth army would look like this. 1410 points and you have 400 points in allies left if you are playing a battlehost army at 2k (or 300 if you are playing 1.5k)

Leaders: 1/6
Battlelines: 3/3
Behemoths: 1/4
Artillery: 0/4
Artefacts: 0/2
Allied Units: 0/6
Allies: 0/400

Allegiance: Beastclaw Raiders

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (420)

Battleline
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers

Units
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Pig-iron Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Pig-iron Choppas

Battalions
Braggoth's Beast Hammer (230)

Total: 1410 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 12
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 79

Edited by svnvaldez

On 5/17/2019 at 1:56 AM, MouthPollution said:

2k list

7 hours ago, MouthPollution said:

I'm not playing competitive

1 hour ago, MouthPollution said:

Guys I have already said I'm not playing matched

2k list generally means matched. Matched does not mean competitive. I think you need to read the rule book. Start on pg 308 and read to 311 for what matched play is. Then read starting on 266 to find out what open play is. Point values of armies are a concept of matched play which comes with unit and ally restrictions. In open play you can do what you want. Are you planning to play open play with matched points values but no restrictions? (That is fine and discussed on pg 267). You need to be clear what you are playing with your buddies and what your goals are when playing with them. ie fun, winning, painting, talking, etc

Open Play pg 267

image.png.7ff9ac47953580c5de32cdc0395ae563.png

Matched Play pg 309

image.png.f190d96390288ab2d9b0d7aa6cf95046.png

image.png.cc08ae51bbec851b9d28548430d036a2.png

Edited by svnvaldez

2 hours ago, MouthPollution said:

So please just give an answer.

Your list is illegal in matched play. Matched play has nothing to do with competitive play, it is a system to construct a standard list that 2 players can play a game with. 

If you mean to say your playing open play then it is hard to give any feedback since open play lists needs to be worked out between 2 players and generally both players are trying to just have a little fun with no thought to list building or wanting to win.

Edited by svnvaldez
  • Like 1