Preferential vote on the potential new Death release

pseudonyme

Interesting that although "1st place", the new faction option was also the 2nd most to be completely rejected.  It looks like Soulblight is actually more popular in terms of people who voted good or better.

EDIT:  I voted for neither, btw :D

Edited by Zanzou

I would be actively hostile to a return of the Tomb Kings. I don't want GW to be so stupid as to explicitly kill off a line only to bring them back. I'd be alarmed about what stupid thing they'd do next. It's better for all of us if GW knew what they were doing when they dropped the Tomb Kings because it presages smarter decision making in general.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zanzou said:

Interesting that although "1st place", the new faction option was also the 2nd most to be completely rejected.  It looks like Soulblight is actually more popular in terms of people who voted good or better.

EDIT:  I voted for neither, btw :D

The method: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majority_judgment

You pointed the 3rd thing that surprised ( and disappointed me 😛 ) : some people rejected the idea of a complete new faction. This, I don’t understand. I could have understood that some wanted refreshed old factions before a new one, but rejecting it?

12 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

I would be actively hostile to a return of the Tomb Kings. I don't want GW to be so stupid as to explicitly kill off a line only to bring them back. I'd be alarmed about what stupid thing they'd do next. It's better for all of us if GW knew what they were doing when they dropped the Tomb Kings because it presages smarter decision making in general.

I more or less agree. Not that I don’t like some of their models, but I would prefer GW to go forward and not recycling things. Once again, I would be happy with any of the first 3 factions, but I would be far more excited by a complete new one.

14 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

You pointed the 3rd thing that surprised ( and disappointed me 😛 ) : some people rejected the idea of a complete new faction. This, I don’t understand. I could have understood that some wanted refreshed old factions before a new one, but rejecting it?

I get it, actually. It's important to be cautious about expanding your design space. A design space can only be expanded so many times before it starts to lose what makes it unique. I understand players being leery of too many new factions being added while "basic" occupants of a design space haven't been fully realized.

14 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

You pointed the 3rd thing that surprised ( and disappointed me 😛 ) : some people rejected the idea of a complete new faction. This, I don’t understand.

Well they kinda underwhelmed with the bedsheets. And a complete new legion would then deviate strongly from the known variety, that is very wide in model base and beloved in fluff...

although i could like an army of golems and constructs fresh from the fleshpits of the mad biomancers

On 5/18/2019 at 12:21 AM, ElectricPaladin said:

100% disagree.

A lot of people really really like them moaning ghostly things, I personally and kinda lonely just don’t like them (though luck for me I guess).

what I really meant with that statement is...prepare to pour salt over uneducated nonesense... that they are just mediocre at best in the power balance against other factions and most of my resentment stems from their units being better in my LoN than in their original faction.

Chainrasps as battleline seem to be so much better in LoN as well as the grimghast and the stalkers. That just baffles and bugs me to no end, fills me with resentment, hate and anger. 

(being the only Servant of Nagash in my surroundings, as I said bring the salt for my statements)

maybe I‘m just wrong in all my assumptions XD 

but that is why I think GW botched the NH release

On 5/15/2019 at 6:24 PM, pseudonyme said:

Dear fellow Nagash worshippers,

I created a preferential vote poll concerning the potential upcoming Death release.

I have 2 goals with this poll:

- With the obvious upcoming of a new Age of Sigmar Death release, I would like to know which faction people would prefer

- Test the preferential vote system Disclaimer: description of the choices are half wishful thinking based on absolutely nothing.

So... Beyond telling you that I will share the results if there is enough voter, that's pretty much what I wanted to say 😅

https://jugementmajoritaire.net/vote/4822964bafed1891358249806b8e5e99c0a187e0498

I’m a bit confused, how exactly do you vote at this website??

2 hours ago, Honk said:

A lot of people really really like them moaning ghostly things, I personally and kinda lonely just don’t like them (though luck for me I guess).

what I really meant with that statement is...prepare to pour salt over uneducated nonesense... that they are just mediocre at best in the power balance against other factions and most of my resentment stems from their units being better in my LoN than in their original faction.

Chainrasps as battleline seem to be so much better in LoN as well as the grimghast and the stalkers. That just baffles and bugs me to no end, fills me with resentment, hate and anger. 

(being the only Servant of Nagash in my surroundings, as I said bring the salt for my statements)

maybe I‘m just wrong in all my assumptions XD 

but that is why I think GW botched the NH release

Must confess that I thought you were talking about their sculpts.

From a french YouTube channel review of the Legion of grief, I agree that it is a pity that « pro » thinks that it invalidates the Nighthaunt battletome. I don’t know how GW could fix that issue in the next GHB.

42 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m a bit confused, how exactly do you vote at this website??

The vote lasted 48h. For each proposal, you have to select a judgement from « « Excellent » to « No ****** way!!!! ».

Would you guys be interested in a preferential vote on battletome internal balance and another on external balance? Or any topic in fact.

Edited by pseudonyme
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

I don’t know how GW could fix that issue in the next GHB.

There is a line of discussion in the LoG threat, that makes sense: throw out NH units out of general LoN and only make them usable in LoG.

but still, read a post of somebody trying LoG out and it just feeling right... that is what i meant with „botched/messed up faction“.

Style and stuff is just to personal for me to express my (existing) distaste 😜

I‘m an old Vampire Courts and then FEC player, that was enough trouble till AoS 2.0... I‘ll pass on the NH-LoG drama XD