AoS 2 - Legion of Grief discussion

Sigwarus

6 minutes ago, Thenord said:

Will this become a new alligence with abilities, new point etc. For matched play or will it only be a thing for open play?

It is for all types of games. You can use it in matched play, it has it's own allegiance abilities, spells, artifacts and general traits.

The point cost of units is the same as it is in whatever battletome/generals handbook you take them from.

Edited by Qrow

I have gone though the book and can confirm that what was seen in previews is what is in the book, there was nothing hidden or kept out of the reviews.

Still waiting for the AoS app to update to see if it includes any battalions or the ability to take terrorgheists, assuming they add LoG to the app...

Can anyone see a good use for fyreslayers or flesh-eater courts mercenaries in LoG? I'm not well versed in either army, so I'm not sure if they have anything intersting for us.

4 minutes ago, Qrow said:

I have gone though the book and can confirm that what was seen in previews is what is in the book, there was nothing hidden or kept out of the reviews.

Still waiting for the AoS app to update to see if it includes any battalions or the ability to take terrorgheists, assuming they add LoG to the app...

Can anyone see a good use for fyreslayers or flesh-eater courts mercenaries in LoG? I'm not well versed in either army, so I'm not sure if they have anything intersting for us.

Disappointing. Was hoping for more from the new legion. Guess we pin our hopes to the GHB now. Easily gonna be over a year (closer to 3) before Nighthaunt gets a new book. 

2 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

Disappointing. Was hoping for more from the new legion. Guess we pin our hopes to the GHB now. Easily gonna be over a year (closer to 3) before Nighthaunt gets a new book. 

Yeah, me too. However, I will likely still use the LoG, because I do think gravesites add a lot for us and the bravery effects can have a lot of impact. I have had two games using the LoG now and in both a felt quite powerful, though I really REALLY hope we can take terrorgheists.

4 minutes ago, Qrow said:

Yeah, me too. However, I will likely still use the LoG, because I do think gravesites add a lot for us and the bravery effects can have a lot of impact. I have had two games using the LoG now and in both a felt quite powerful, though I really REALLY hope we can take terrorgheists.

I wll probably try a couple games as LoG. But I'd rather focus on NH lists since that seems to be the long term viable option. Olynder having to be the general is what really killed LoG for me. Hopefully they just take one of the crappy NH command traits away and give them the -2 bravery debuff within 12" of general. 

54 minutes ago, Qrow said:

I’m happy with the in-house elite options so the Fyreslayers are out.  I might bring Ghouls as another source of self-reviving.  Although it’s tricky with how tight the point limits are.

I really like the Models of Nighthaunts ans the new LoG with gravesites mechanics. What books must I buy? The Nighthaunt Battletome and the Forbidden Power? But do I have to buy the Legions of Nagash tome for the gravesites mechanics?

17 minutes ago, Mordread said:

I really like the Models of Nighthaunts ans the new LoG with gravesites mechanics. What books must I buy? The Nighthaunt Battletome and the Forbidden Power? But do I have to buy the Legions of Nagash tome for the gravesites mechanics?

The gravesite mechanics are also in the forbidden power book, so you should be good to go without the LoN tome.

Also, the AoS app has an army builder that will help you figure out what units you can take and what their stats are

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Here's a thought I just had - has Legion of Grief been added because we're going to lose being able to take Nighthaunt within a Legions of Nagash army like we currently do - e.g. Grimghast capped at a smaller size or not at all?

I hope not cuz that will be terrible for LoN as a whole since all the LoN options are subpar in comparison to their NH equivalents. Really hoping for points reductions for LoN stuff

3 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Here's a thought I just had - has Legion of Grief been added because we're going to lose being able to take Nighthaunt within a Legions of Nagash army like we currently do - e.g. Grimghast capped at a smaller size or not at all?

I dearly hope not, I just started building Legion of Night with nearly half the points being Nighthaunt (Guardian/Chainrasps/Grimghasts/Black Coach as an ally). But since we already didn't have the option for e.g. Bladegheists, I figure we'll retain the option to field at least a few of the NH units without the need to take allies. 

e: But why Soulblight is not allowed in LoG is beyond me, tbh. 

e2: But since LoG is now an official Legion of Nagash, could it be that the Grand Host gets the option for all NH units? I wouldn't write that off. 

Edited by AHexInScarletRed

Apologies if this is a silly question, but do wizards in the Legion of Grief have access to lores other than the lore of Grief? Because its not mentioned in the Forbidden Power book and yet in the other Legions it is, I am assuming not, though I hope I am wrong!

9 hours ago, Evil Bob said:

Soooooo no Soulblight in LoG.  Except for Mannfred, then again that guy always was a cheater.

Neferata as well.

7 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I think I would be done at that point. It gets real old seeing your army split apart, stitched back together, then split apart again constantly.

4 hours ago, DesB said:

Apologies if this is a silly question, but do wizards in the Legion of Grief have access to lores other than the lore of Grief? Because its not mentioned in the Forbidden Power book and yet in the other Legions it is, I am assuming not, though I hope I am wrong!

Only the lores that are mentioned in the Allegiance are part of it, and the Legion of Grief has only the Lore of Grief (like the other legions of Legions of Nagash mention the Lores of the Dead)

14 hours ago, Qrow said:

From my understanding you can take a Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist in your army with the mercenary system. It's 400 points and only the Royal Terrorgheist is not allowed to be taken. And it's not even the keyword that isn't allowed, it's specifically the model itself (and the warscroll with the Ghoul King doesn't have the Royal Terrorgheist keyword anyway).

3 minutes ago, Saren said:

From my understanding you can take a Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist in your army with the mercenary system. It's 400 points and only the Royal Terrorgheist is not allowed to be taken. And it's not even the keyword that isn't allowed, it's specifically the model itself (and the warscroll with the Ghoul King doesn't have the Royal Terrorgheist keyword anyway).

How does the mercenary System works?

8 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

How does the mercenary System works?

I don't have the book at home but basically you can take some units from Fyreslayers or Flesh Eater Court in any army. There are some restrictions in the units you can take (thus the Royal Terrorgheist or Royal Dragon Zombie not being allowed) and you also don't earn the command point from your first turn if you have mercenaries with you.
I also know that every units summoned from mercenaries units gain the "mercenary" keyword. Other than that there might be a few more rules (I heard there something link to the bravery of mercenaries units) but I only took a quick look to the book at my local store.

9 minutes ago, Saren said:

I don't have the book at home but basically you can take some units from Fyreslayers or Flesh Eater Court in any army. There are some restrictions in the units you can take (thus the Royal Terrorgheist or Royal Dragon Zombie not being allowed) and you also don't earn the command point from your first turn if you have mercenaries with you.
I also know that every units summoned from mercenaries units gain the "mercenary" keyword. Other than that there might be a few more rules (I heard there something link to the bravery of mercenaries units) but I only took a quick look to the book at my local store.

Do they profit from alliance rules like the 6+ death save ?

How many points ?

Only FEC and fireslayers?