AoS 2 - Legion of Grief discussion

Sigwarus

Nighthaunt getting access to gravesites is pretty good.

Spell lores is an interesting one, I can see them just giving nighthaunt wizards access to one of the two in LoN rather than the Nighthaunt lore or a brand new one. All will be revealed shortly :)

I really expect this to end up being an unclaimed rework of the Nighthaunt book. It launched too early and every army has gotten such a better update. The only reason Stormcast was ok coming out at the same time is because they have their own grand alliance worth of models. LoG should get all NH units and some new ones should be battleline, most likely Dreadscythe Harridans. Doubtful, but I would like to see just a new generic Banshee horde unit that's battleline otherwise. They'll hopefully get some really good bravery debuff things, like spells and terrain.

On top of that, some units need point drops. Olynder could go down 20-40 (compare to the Verminlords). Kurdoss could go down 20-60. Reikenor should go down 20. Guardian of Souls needs to go down 20 or be a 2 spell wizard. Both Knight of Shrouds could go down 10-20. Hexwraiths need to go down 20-40. Spirit Hosts should just be flat 100.  Mourngul needs a steep drop. Like 60-100. 

Glaivewraith Stalkers need a rework. There's just no reason to take them over other options. 

I've said it before, but Harridans needs to either go down in points or hit on 3's. This is assuming the bravery debuffs LoG get aren't entirely adequate. So this is more of a wait and see. They could be 140-160 for 10 if they were battleline. 

Black Coach should become a hero or drop in points. Staying at 280 as a hero is decent with the deathless save aura. Without it I could see coach going down 20-40.

Something needs to have the word Spooky in it. 

Edited by SleeperAgent
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think LoG will have all nighthaunt units plus some from LoN but keyword depending

I think they get 

Deathrattle

Deadwalker

Deathmages

Maybe Malignant

Maybe deathlords

Lady O get deathlords keyword 

LoG wizards with approriat Keywords get access to LoN spell lores maybe with Locus of shyish rule for all three spell lores

Different artifacts and general traits

Access to gravesite mechanic including endless legion command ability

Only thing i'm not confident about are Battle traits

1 hour ago, AverageBoss said:

I think it would be odd if they got everything other than Soulblight, one of their primary allies. If anything, I think they are the only for sure one.

By the picture they get skellies (blackknights wightking) zombies necromancer for sure

Aye, seems like its going to be Nighthaunt with a focus on attrition rather than speed (as you'll lose the 9" deep strike allegiance ability) presumably for something that messes with bravery.

Article suggests it will be all Nighthaunt units so that's pretty dope and the picture would indicate that there will at least be Deathrattle & Deadwalkers too. I think the units from the Legions book will be limited though, seeing as they get the entire Nighthaunt Roster...

Maybe it'll have a rule like: "-1 bravery for each of the following unit types within 6" NIGHTHAUNT, DEADWALKERS, DEATHRATTLE", encouraging you to go combined arms and full horror movie.

Spell lore is an interesting one as it could be Deathmages or Nighthaunt lores, a new mix of the two could be very cool though! Traits and Artifacts are probably a given aswell.

If LoG is treated like a full LoN addon faction then it would have full access to the rest of the LoN stuff. Lady O will be a Deathlord and thus have access to all spell lores. The Legion will have its own traits and items as well I would think. Grave sites, LoN allegiance plus sub Legion traits. 

Im curious what this means for the other Legions. Will they have full access to all Nighthaunt units as well? Battleline will probably be unchanged with the possibility of 'battleline if' situations

Linking the keyword tag “Nighthaunt” on warscrolls to various allegiance abilities would be a means to slip LoG into Battletomb:LoN and still encourage bedsheet use over others.

Ghouls are often limited in joint forces for not having “summonable” and spell lores are locked to forces from that Battletomb.  Deathwalkers/Deathrattle are pretty insular as well.

GMG Review Ongoing Live.
For what I could pick up about LEGION OF GRIEF (guy talks fast) :
- Keywords : Deadwalkers, Deathlords, Deathmage, Deathrattle, Nighthaunts
- If one Mortarch is Included, must be Olynder.
- Allegiance Abilities : Gravesites (same as LoN), Deathless Minions (same as LoN), -1 Bravery for our units at 6' range
- Command traits :
      - Become a Wizard / Can cast one more spell
      - Get a CP on 5+ when burn a CP
      - -2 Bravey at 12' range of the general
- Artefacts : hard to pick up, but nothing stellar apparently
- Spell lore :
      - On 5+, 12' : -1 to save rolls for enemy unit
      - Couldn't pick that one
      - On 8+, 12' : -D3 Bravery

Soooooo, basically…
Allegiance ability : -1 Bravery
Command trait : -2 Bravery
Death Banner : -1 Bravery
Horroghast : -2 Bravery
Necromancer with Overwhelming Dread : -1 Bravery
Our spell lore : -D3 Bravery

That means -4 Bravery just with good placement. And up to -(7+D3) with spells…
Hello Harridans and Banshees. ❤️ 
If the Harridan battalion get incorporated later in a mixed LoN bookn and can be taken in LoG… Well… Goodbye Inspiring Presence as well and start taking battleshock tests with possible -10 malus.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

We get half of everything (3 spells, 3 command traits, 3 arefacts), but it's all better. I was hoping to get -5 bravery, but it's looking like we can completely remove bravery from even 10 bravery stuff like Seraphon or Chaos. This is gonna get good real fast. Super happy with all I heard.

Edited by SleeperAgent

Quick question about the Command Traits: if I want to play with Olynder she must be the general right? So is there a way to give the command trait that gives -2 to the enemy bravery to someone else in the army?

2 hours ago, Ahn-ket said:

The necromancer can't take oveewhelming dread you only can choose from the lore of sorrow If i hear it right

Why not? Deathmages can choose from their own lore due to being a Deathmage. Unless it straight up says something like 'wizards can only chose from'

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

Why not? Deathmages can choose from their own lore due to being a Deathmage. Unless it straight up says something like 'wizards can only chose from'

The lore of deathmages and Vampires is LoN alliance Not LoG alliance so only the three spells from LoG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kokoshi said:

If the Harridan battalion get incorporated later in a mixed LoN bookn and can be taken in LoG

I don't see any allegiance keyword on this bataillon. I see no reason not to integrate it in your LoG army. Welcome to resurrecting 12 myrmourn for 1 cp.

3 minutes ago, kozokus said:

I don't see any allegiance keyword on this bataillon. I see no reason not to integrate it in your LoG army. Welcome to resurrecting 12 myrmourn for 1 cp.

Each battalion is fixed to the tome and alliance it stated in 

Cause LoG is a new alliance its stated as an ally battalion

I've always wanted an excuse to try and take every 'roll against bravery and take mortal wounds' effect. The fact those of us who bought SC:Malignants can finally use that Mortis Engine is just a cherry on top!

Any idea whether it's legal to take a terrorgheist in the list?