AoS 2 - Legion of Grief discussion

Sigwarus

7 minutes ago, Andrew B. said:

I've always wanted an excuse to try and take every 'roll against bravery and take mortal wounds' effect. The fact those of us who bought SC:Malignants can finally use that Mortis Engine is just a cherry on top!

Any idea whether it's legal to take a terrorgheist in the list?

No Terrorgheist cause of keyword restriction

16 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

LoN FAQ has a paragraph about chainguard battalion in LoN 

Nice blow. I concede my defeat. That is a bit sad! That is not the legion of Grief for nothing.

Dreadblade harrow is already a famous nighthaunt general , I really love him as a LoG general too.

Edited by kozokus

2 hours ago, Ahn-ket said:

The lore of deathmages and Vampires is LoN alliance Not LoG alliance so only the three spells from LoG

Isnt LoG part of LoN so wouldnt they get the same allegiance? Each Legion gets the base LoN stuff plus sub traits...unless they are doing something different for LoG

It is hard to makeout the actual rules in the video, but I don't see a restriction that prevents Nagash from being in a Legion of Grief.  I am assuming like @malakithe that LoG is considered part of LoN and thus all the rules in that Battletome would apply, but I could be wrong.  Would be interesting if Nagash could be included, but I highly doubt it.

12 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Isnt LoG part of LoN so wouldnt they get the same allegiance? Each Legion gets the base LoN stuff plus sub traits...unless they are doing something different for LoG

I think it is written in each legion description that this gives them access to lon spells. Soulblight gives only to vampires and Death not at all for example.

5 hours ago, kozokus said:

Yet we still have the kos on mount which does something similar. You might miss the caster part.

I'm missing Soulblight more in terms of fluff, not in terms of rules - would've liked to field a bunch of Ghosts and Vampires. Rulewise, things are certainly interesting. 

Edited by AHexInScarletRed

1 hour ago, sinksinksink said:

Does anyone know if the Legion of Grief has the ability to bring back a unit for a CP?

It's a command ability, bring back a destroyed unit on a grave site, they do not have another way to do it. GMG goes over everything (and everything is surprisingly little for legion of grief) in the video. I have to say though that the optimal builds for this don't look like they involves much nighthaunt,  You'll choose cheap battle line (which is not chainrasp), take a few nighthaunt units that punch people in the bravery, maybe some grimghast reapers, and then go nuts with allies and other factions.

1 minute ago, grimgold said:

It's a command ability, bring back a destroyed unit on a grave site, they do not have another way to do it. GMG goes over everything (and everything is surprisingly little for legion of grief) in the video. I have to say though that the optimal builds for this don't look like they involves much nighthaunt,  You'll choose cheap battle line (which is not chainrasp), take a few nighthaunt units that punch people in the bravery, maybe some grimghast reapers, and then go nuts with allies and other factions.

Yeah I was referring to the ability the other legions have, thanks.

This LoG is dependent on the ruling for battalions. 

If it's an army with zero access to battalions, I'm not particularly excited for it. If things like shriekerhost can get added, it might actually do something that the other legions couldn't already do. Wait and see for the FAQ in 3 weeks. 

I'm still getting the expansion regardless. I want the models. But the rules side of it seems odd if you create armies without battalions. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Elmir said:

If it's an army with zero access to battalions, I'm not particularly excited for it. If things like shriekerhost can get added, it might actually do something that the other legions couldn't already do. Wait and see for the FAQ in 3 weeks. 

I'm still getting the expansion regardless. I want the models. But the rules side of it seems odd if you create armies without battalions. 

I would be happy if they FAQ in just the shreiker host battalion, the rules seem pretty much designed for it.

51 minutes ago, pikachoux said:

Can we play that new legion in a normal game?

Someone asked the same thing on the facebook page and GW confirmed that both new allegiances can be used in all gametypes. So yes, you can.

I like a lot of what LoG got, but the restrictions are killing it for me. Can't use olynder or you miss out on -2 bravery. Skeletons are the best battleline for them as they give off the -1 bravery aura as well. While not being bad, thematically is lame as I wanna use all ghosts. Without Olynder we only have 1 spell wizards which makes getting Horrorghast and the -D3 bravery spell off next to impossible since the only buff would be Mortis Engine.  I think I'm just gonna wait for the GHB and hope Nighthaunt gets some buffs/point drops.

Edited by SleeperAgent

1 minute ago, SleeperAgent said:

I like a lot of what LoG got, but the restrictions are killing it for me. Can't use olynder or you miss out on -2 bravery. Skeletons are the best battleline for them as they give off the -1 bravery aura as well. Without Olynder we only have 1 spell wizards which makes getting Horrorghast and the -D3 bravery spell off next to impossible.  I think I'm just gonna wait for the GHB and hope Nighthaunt gets some buffs/point drops.

As I see it  reikenor is a must for a turn one horrorghast and then spamming the -d3 bravery spell.

Also, a 8+ cast for d3 bravery drop? I said it once I will say it a thousand times, GW know how strong the bravery phase could be, so they spam multiple massive ignore battleshock bubbles in all the new battletomes, making the entire phase a joke.

I hope that there is some clarification out ASAP for LoG, because so far it seems like the nighthaunt release; great ideas marred by strange design choices and a lack of play-testing.

honestly think LoG is underwhelming alternative to LoB who also have most of the nh units and the -1 bravery debuff. The only way to make it a viable option is to remove nh from LoB which i think they will do. So my theory is to use NH we will have to play LoG

15 minutes ago, soots said:

honestly think LoG is underwhelming alternative to LoB who also have most of the nh units and the -1 bravery debuff. The only way to make it a viable option is to remove nh from LoB which i think they will do. So my theory is to use NH we will have to play LoG

Yeah LoB has -1bravery but IT don't work with herridans cause you must allie them in LoB in LoG they get it

On 5/19/2019 at 11:10 AM, Elmir said:

I'm fairly sure that the battalions in the nighthaunt book are simply keyword "Nighthaunt", so we should be able to use that alongside the Deathmarch battalion in a Legion of Grief list.  However, as you say until we get the book in our hands (and subsequent FAQ) it's a big amount of guesswork.

• Like 1

Just now, Spears said:

Doesn't that make the battalion and everything in it allies though?

That's the way I read that rule too. I honestly think we are just going to have to wait, maybe something will be clarified if they do a pre-release post on warhammer community about the faction.

Has any seen any conversation on the army of lethis though? I can't find anyone outside of my local group discussing it. Is it flat terrible or something, I have no background with any of the armies so I have no idea what you miss out on when playing it.

On 5/18/2019 at 2:24 PM, Saren said:

Quick question about the Command Traits: if I want to play with Olynder she must be the general right? So is there a way to give the command trait that gives -2 to the enemy bravery to someone else in the army?

My understanding on the way it was read out- bear in mind I havent seen it myself- is that she only has to be the general if you take any 'Other' Mortachs.

Otherwise it reads as though she can be there but not the general- but Im sure this will get an FAQ fast, however doing this negates the bravery bomb and seems weird