RuneBrush's Golden Demon Bits

Just thought I'd pop up the couple of AoS entries I put into Golden Demon this weekend (there were three 40k items that are on my Twitter).  No Demon for me this year, but I wasn't expecting it as nothing had been painted specifically for the event.

First up, I somehow got a pin and made first cut with my Skullreapers 20190513_105327.jpg.e6b805746ca781a361d53dd5e287c3a7.jpg

To say I'm shocked is an understatement as they're just ones I grabbed off a shelf as I had a spare plinth...

Next up is my Megaboss, which some of you have seen on here - I had a bit of a push and finished him off and sorted out a base.  Sadly no pin, however being realistic the single miniature categories are super tough to get any form of placing in.

20190513_102616.jpg.384830e29b332aa0e90951f73d0529ea.jpg

20190513_102628.jpg.4eb8077d06a3e15c1c5c1f239f0046d4.jpg

As somebody who at the end of Saturday genuinely didn't think I was getting even a pin (no stickers on all five of my entries), so I was really chuffed to come away with 3 in total (Skullreapers, Stormlord Super Heavy Tank & Primaris Inceptor).  I know that my brush skills have improved significantly over the last couple of months too, so hoping next year to do some specific entries.

For anybody planning on entering one observation I made was that entries that had some kind of dioramic element (with a narrative) were making the first cut far more quickly than "gaming" miniatures.  This is certainly something to consider for next year, probably creating a scenic base/environment alongside working on the actual entry.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 5/15/2019 at 1:08 AM, phizzco said:

where do you buy the bases for these dioramas , like the round one you have for your megaboss for example?

Various places (sorry, I know that's not helpful).  I think that one I got custom made a number of years back - sadly I can't find the details of where I got it 😢.  The best starting point would be Googling "wooden display plinths" or "wooden display bases". 

Dark Messiah Bases sells a really good range of black resin bases if you're after a resin one.