Necromancer

40x skeletons with spears

10x skeletons with swords

10x skeletons with swords

30x Grave Guard with greatblades

10x Black Knights

1930 / 2000 points

1 extra command point

The thing is I'm not sure about which allegiance to choose: Grand Host of Nagash or Legion of Sacrament.

I know the +3`` movement from LoS is fantastic and adds an awesome movement capacity to the 4`` Deathmarch movement, so it makes the army insanely fast and makes up for one of the main weaknesses of this army (slowness). But aside from that, it feels to me that the other stuff from GHoN is just too powerful to ignore since it potentiates survability and offensive power from these units so much: Lords of Nagashizzar, Ossific Diadem... As well as other stuff that might become quite in handy such as Legions Innumerable (though the +3`` from LoS seems quite better).

Which one do you think is a better choice? Is LoS worthy just for that increased movement capacity?

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

Yes. It’s  worth it.  Add 5 more black knights, turn one charge buffed to the hilt is scary as hell.

For me it feels quite tough to maneuver and move all 15, not to mention that it is quite unlikely that all of them would be able to pile in and attack in combat phase, that's what I thought that 10 Black Knights would be just enough for that purpose.

Yet I get your point and I'm more and more leaning towards the conclusion that LoS synergizes extremely well with Deathmarch simply because of the `+3`` movement regardless of any other allegiance.

32 minutes ago, ogmaadn said:

simply because of the `+3`` movement

Not only that, but you have two casters, and you really want the necro to do his stuff. so that +1 from LoS gives them a small buff to cast their spells... 

I run a similar list and always struggle to decide between the two. Lord of Nagashizzar and Legions Innummerable are pretty tasty for all those boney hordes. 

In the end however, Mastery of Death and The Black Disciples always swings it for me. The Master's Teachings is something I'm yet to pull off though. When it does come off, imagine I'll be pretty pumped to have it! 

Edited by lare2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

There ist no option for a WK on steed in LoN

It is said on the Wight King warscroll that he can be mounted on a skeletal steed... So yes it is an option I assume.

I'm leaning towards LoS over GOhN now since there are also powerful realm artifact options such as the Ethereal Amulet, and a +7'' extra movement becomes so much important in order to be able to charge on turn one with Black Knights (which is a key part of the strategy).

Edited by ogmaadn