Let's speculate on the upcoming 1k games specific rules

1k needs 4' x 4' or else it would be really squished. 

For me I echo those above. My wishlist would be :

No batallions

Max point cost of a unit 

Limit on behemoths

Scale abilities that don't scale automatically

Proper 4 x 4 mission maps

Unique missions for 1k that don't resolve around 6 objectives or heroes with artefacts as there's too few units around at 1k for that. 

Edited by Carnelian
  • Like 1

Dear fellow wargamers, would you want me to launch a preferential vote on the upcoming 1k rules like I did for the upcoming Death reveal ?

Because I have limited access to TGA from work, feel free to consolidate all suggestions by the community

10 hours ago, jaebird said:

okay my wildest, out there hope is that they some how make it work on a similar 22x30 sized board, like Kill Team and Warcry. I don't want to need a huge table to play a game, imo.

1k is not Skirmish... If you want smaller boards play Skirmish. 1k fits perfectly fine on a 4x4 Board.

7 hours ago, Platypus said:

The new skirmish battleplans from WD Jan 2019 are for a 30x40 sized board. Could that be a thing for these 1k rules?

I would hazard to guess that is more of a Warcry board size than a vanguard (1K) size board.  4x4 is really the money at 1K.

Another thing I would like to see are battleplans that lean on battleline units to score points.  Something like a capture the flag scenario where only battleline units can carry the flag.  Putting a little more emphasis on the importance of battleline at this size "may" help to mitigate abuse (wishful thinking and not based on anything substantial).

Edited by Equinox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Equinox said:

I would hazard to guess that is more of a Warcry board size than a vanguard (1K) size board.  4x4 is really the money at 1K.

Does anyone know how big the Warcry board will be? There a picture of it in the Warcry thread, but I’m bad at guessing it’s size. Kill Team has a 22”x30” board so that is smaller than the 30”x40” skirmish battleplans.

I'm guessing Warcry will also be on a 22"x30" board. GW already has everything in place to design boards of that size, and looking at the picture of the starter contents, the board looks pretty similar in size to a Kill Team board to me.

1K AoS I can see getting something like 3'x3' and up or something. 4' x 4' seems most likely though.

On 5/14/2019 at 12:09 PM, jaebird said:

It would be really messing and kind of weird to try to change every warscroll on the fly. It seems like it would be easier just to limit squad sizes to only one upgrade past their first. But even still, in 1000pts you can field 7 minimum sized units of goblins. That's 140 wounds with enough points for a Loonboss. Honestly, I'm not convinced that larger units are necessarily a problem. Slow, low offense units dependent on a command ability to be useful seem like they would be easily to deal with by screening them with smaller units, or giving up an objective to focus on others.

The problem is not that single powerful units would be unbeatable. They are just incredibly boring. 

24 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

The problem is not that single powerful units would be unbeatable. They are just incredibly boring. 

Sure, but then I think we're talking about fundamental flaws with the AoS system at least.