Anyone tried the new battleplan in White Dwarf yet?

JPjr

I know it hasn't been out long but wondered if anyone had had a crack at the Forbidden Powers tie-in battleplan yet, it looks fun. I especially like the inclusion of Wild Troggoths, takes me back to playing old games of WHFB with a GM who controlled a few creatures. Kind of thing I'd love to see a lot more of going forward really.

I made up a battleplan a while ago to act as a minor side battle that could slot midway into a bigger campaign, two smaller forces trying to find a magic weapon in a cave that was inhabited by some kind of unruly beast. I was unsure how best to 'operate' the neutral creature without a GM but should be easy enough to rejig these rules.

wildtroggoth.jpg

I do like the look of it though. Especially the Wild Troggoth rules. I have always felt the Ghur realm rules a bit off thematically. I feel it should be a bit more  random with some battles with no wandering monsters, others with  maybe some hound sized beasts and then others with big maw crusher sized visitors. These new rules seem a bit more thematic.

• Like 1