AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

29 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

The Enlightened come in boxes of three, though admittedly they also come with discs.

Right. But the initial comment was that @Lucentia hoped the Slaangor would be beefier than mere Tzaangor.

A Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc is considerably beefier than a Tzaangor so I'd imagine if Slaangor are of an equivalent beefiness (with a suitable Slaaneshi spin) that should satisfy the original desire.

I don’t see the being any more of a glass cannon than khorne armies are.  They still have access to all the slaves to darkness units and are getting painbringers which seem as though they will be equivalent to chaos warriors or blood warriors.  I feel like they will have a 5+ save then 5+ save after the save based on the direchasm warscroll for  Vasillac and the Lord of Pain.  
the hedonites won’t be tanking wounds like fyreslayers but they will handle wounds just about like all the other chaos armies. 

• Like 3

To be honest, in current state AoS, you're either built to tank or your not. Damage is super high atm so unless you have a tonne of wounds, a great save, or a shrug you won't tank much - that means, even if we end up as a very glass cannon, that should be fine as we wouldn't have been very tanky anyway :) As always, a good offense is the best defence 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gorthor21 said:

I don’t see the being any more of a glass cannon than khorne armies are.  They still have access to all the slaves to darkness units and are getting painbringers which seem as though they will be equivalent to chaos warriors or blood warriors.  I feel like they will have a 5+ save then 5+ save after the save based on the direchasm warscroll for  Vasillac and the Lord of Pain.  
the hedonites won’t be tanking wounds like fyreslayers but they will handle wounds just about like all the other chaos armies. 

The Myrmidesh will 100% have a 4+ save at minimum, Direchasm/etc warscrolls represent mixed units so you have cases where even the Tzaangor in the Tzeentch unit has a 6+ save despite the actual Tzaangor warscroll having a 5+ save. They tend to take the weaker (i.e. higher) rounding when averaging out the save for the different models. 

@Sorrow That was always how the top Slaanesh lists played before shooting meta; pretty much all the top Slaanesh lists were super elite, glass cannon lists that relied on the Locus of Diversion and their innately high offensive power to offset their fragility. I can't see the new mortals making us more of an elite glass-cannon style army given our top lists used to be built around triple-Keepers. If anything, the new mortals will almost certainly (for the most part) be more durable than what we currently have - Sigvald and Glutos will probably rate amongst our tankiest heroes, Myrmidesh look set to be at least as tough (but probably tougher) than Chaos Warriors with runeshields, and those Exalted Seekers will almost certainly have either a 3+ save or 3 Wounds each (or both!) The Archers (both versions) and Shardspeaker look to be the only units that are going to be fragile. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 1

I should have clarified, I love glass canon playstyle. Not just in GW products, I do play Legion of Everblight in Warmachine/Hordes.

It is lore fitting for us to be glass canon faction. That being said, I would like to build a Hedonite tank list.

Something based around Glutos, Myrmidesh and Slaangors maybe?

The Decadent Wall-shield?

38 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Something based around Glutos, Myrmidesh and Slaangors maybe?

Im betting hard on Slaangors being glassy as hell, in their intro article they were described as: "In combat, they’re engines of wanton destruction, shock troops with no care for their own lives as long as they can snip some enemy heads with their impressively sharp appendages."

Maybe they're getting pile ins after they die? Myrmidesh looks to be pretty beefy though, gonna be interesting to see how they differentiate from regular Chaos Warriors. As mentioned by @Enoby  in current AoS you need to be ultra tanky (2+ Ws, good save with rerolls or ignore rend, at least some form of ward save) to actually be tanky. High damage units in this game can easily force 30-60 saves at rend -1 so even 3+ save and 2 wounds is gonna feel like tissue paper, so you are better off being a glass cannon than somethin in between.

Edit: oh preview is up

Edited by umpac

Blissbarb Archers form the Battleline of a cult’s army, showering their foes in a storm of poison-tipped arrows while laughing with sadistic glee. Although they may be the lowest class of Sybarite, they’re no less dangerous than their more exalted brethren.
SundayPreview Feb07 HoSBlissbarb2d8cu3

• Like 1

From @Beliman

Bastión de Máscaras (Tokens for Staff of Masks: +1, +2 and +3 attacks (same as what we already have for The Maque).
Ronda de Batalla: Aperitivo (Battleround: appetizer): Something for Glutos I suppose.
Ronda de Batalla: Digestivo (Battleround: Digestive): Something gor Glutos too.
Festín de depravaciones (Fest of Depravaties): ???
At the top, it's a bit blurred but has a -2, -4 and -6 on it.

From me:

I think the -2,-4,-6 relates to Phantasmagoria (from what I can make out). The current spell has this effect: Casting Value 7. Pick an enemy unit within 18" that is visible to the caster. Roll 6d6, for each 5+, the enemy's bravery is reduced by 1 to a minimum of 1. 

It might have the same effect though it's strange in multiples of 2, unless the other side are the odd numbers.

IVXloSOmhGY3X8Y9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Carnith said:

Update: It was the best day in human history

No no its not - the best day is release day where we get to put our hands on these wonders of plastic! ;):)

Though yes its a great release and I'm really looking forward too it - even if I can't afford it all. I'll certainly be grabbing the battletome, likely the cards and some seekers because those new seekers are awesome and perhaps my favourite of the whole release (right after slaanesh getting proper ranged units with the blissbarbs). Tempted by the slaanesh dice, but I do have lots of dice and GW tends to price their dice rather high. They are pretty dice and they do look functional (Some of Gw's others are very fancy and pretty but not always so functional to use) 

• Like 3

Would you look at that, everything is dropping on the same day AND we're getting cool Slaanesh dice!? Aside from the lack of rules previews - I am curious how my dear Masque changed but can't read the language her warscroll is shown in - this definitely is the best news to wake up to :D I'm imagine it's gonna be an expensive week for a lot of people, but so, so worth it! 

17 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Just heard on the video that the seekers will be the fastest unit in AoS. Of course, this probably isn't accounting for teleports, but I'm curious if they'll have any tricks to take advantage of that speed

If they're faster than normal Seekers, that would be truly incredible to see considering Seekers already have an average charging threat range of ~28"! 

Apparently the Masque is unchanged which I'm perfectly happy with. She's actually got really good rules as it is, she's just not terribly efficient as a Depravity generator so she tends to get passed over for the bigger leaders; I personally run her every chance I get, as there's just so much value for the 120 points you pay there. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 1

The Archers being confirmed as Battleline is nice; having the option to fill those slots with cheap ranged chaff will be a real godsend for us. 

I still wager there will be a way to run Myrmidesh as Battleline, but I guess we'll have to wait for man-reads-book to know either way. At the very least, we should get some juicy rules previews for both factions starting from tomorrow :D I'm betting a big Depravity change is coming! 

Slaanesh has always (since they got the plastic chariots) had a "seeker" focused subarmy group. Traditionally its Seeker chariots that get to become battleline, but it wouldn't surprise me if another seeker unit got to join them. Even if not you can still take cheap deamonettes or chariots for battleline and then add more seeker riders on top. 

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I am curious, if this does say this on the marker, then this is what our Depravity point system is currently called (well, feast rather than fest but close). However our current system doesn't need tokens whereas this one needs the use of a single token (or maybe more we can't see). Maybe it's going to be some sort of location based system - as in, you try to develop depraved areas on the board and use this. Total speculation, mind you :P

Edited by Enoby

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

From @Beliman

Bastión de Máscaras (Tokens for Staff of Masks: +1, +2 and +3 attacks (same as what we already have for The Maque).
Ronda de Batalla: Aperitivo (Battleround: appetizer): Something for Glutos I suppose.
Ronda de Batalla: Digestivo (Battleround: Digestive): Something gor Glutos too.
At the top, it's a bit blurred but has a -2, -4 and -6 on it.

From me:

I think the -2,-4,-6 relates to Phantasmagoria (from what I can make out). The current spell has this effect: Casting Value 7. Pick an enemy unit within 18" that is visible to the caster. Roll 6d6, for each 5+, the enemy's bravery is reduced by 1 to a minimum of 1. 

It might have the same effect though it's strange in multiples of 2, unless the other side are the odd numbers.

The tokens from the previous set of warscroll cards has the odd numbers on the reverse, so I'd expect that to be the same here.

• Like 1