AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

That isn’t it how it is worded at all, where did that even come from?

”Infernal Entrapturess generates a depravity point for each Infernal Enrapturess that is in the battlefield and a part of a Slaanesh army” is how it is being read?  Why are people adding words to a rule that isn’t there?

”You receive 1 point per Entrapturess”

This doesn’t need to be faq’d, at all.  It is literally the correct way to say “you gain X DP per turn where X is the number of instances of this rule”.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darkfine said:

That isn’t it how it is worded at all, where did that even come from?

”Infernal Entrapturess generates a depravity point for each Infernal Enrapturess that is in the battlefield and a part of a Slaanesh army” is how it is being read?  Why are people adding words to a rule that isn’t there?

”You receive 1 point per Entrapturess”

This doesn’t need to be faq’d, at all.  It is literally the correct way to say “you gain X DP per turn where X is the number of instances of this rule”.

I think the claim is that you proc Harmonic Alignment once per Enrapturess (much like if it was a rule that said "This model heals d3 wounds" you'd proc it separately on each model). 

Then, each Harmonic Alignment itself says "you gain 1 depravity point for each Infernal Enrapturess on the battlefield" or something like that. Either way, the point is, if you have 6 Enrapturesses, you proc 6 copies of Harmonic Alignment in your hero phase, and each copy counts the number of Enrapturesses in your army and you get that many points.
i.e. broken as ****** and likely to be FAQ'd.

5 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

I think the claim is that you proc Harmonic Alignment once per Enrapturess (much like if it was a rule that said "This model heals d3 wounds" you'd proc it separately on each model). 

Then, each Harmonic Alignment itself says "you gain 1 depravity point for each Infernal Enrapturess on the battlefield" or something like that. Either way, the point is, if you have 6 Enrapturesses, you proc 6 copies of Harmonic Alignment in your hero phase, and each copy counts the number of Enrapturesses in your army and you get that many points.

I don't even think it needs an FAQ, it clearly states how many points you get and refer to you, not this model, so since their is only one you, you only get one proc.

Lots of command abilities are worded in the same way and no one is arguing that you get to proc command abilities once for each model with the ability every time you spend a command trait.

E.g. I have 3 keepers of Secrets with excess of violence, spend one  command point and get to select one target unit for each keeper. Clearly non-sense.

That said, even with a single DP per Enrapuress, I'd love to give a 5-6 Enrapuresses a substantial screen you could get lots of depravity while keeping your heros out of harms way and plinking away at any and all multi-wound targets, while happily producing tonnes of DPs. Would be funny if nothing else and magic heavy list would be cursing your name.

38 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

I don't even think it needs an FAQ, it clearly states how many points you get and refer to you, not this model, so since their is only one you, you only get one proc.

Lots of command abilities are worded in the same way and no one is arguing that you get to proc command abilities once for each model with the ability every time you spend a command trait.

E.g. I have 3 keepers of Secrets with excess of violence, spend one  command point and get to select one target unit for each keeper. Clearly non-sense.

That said, even with a single DP per Enrapuress, I'd love to give a 5-6 Enrapuresses a substantial screen you could get lots of depravity while keeping your heros out of harms way and plinking away at any and all multi-wound targets, while happily producing tonnes of DPs. Would be funny if nothing else and magic heavy list would be cursing your name.

Actually you see langauge that's about the same in magic the gathering as an example and it works exactly like that. Though they have different terminology for functionally the same thing magic uses in play aos use on the battlefield. So IE would stack that way as each IE ability would count all IE on the battlefield and that's how many dp  you would get. This may be were some one is coming to that conclusion by playing other games were that wording works as described and is not a problem. In aos it's broken as hell to use it that way to any one that can think.

Then again aos has let things stack multipletimes. Fyreslayers was allowing there save to reach 1+ from 5+ granted 1 always fail and this happened in thier new book because the wording allowed stacking until the faq fixed the wording. 

1 hour ago, Unit1126PLL said:

It doesn’t though, direct quote 

“At the start of your hero phase, you receive one depravity point for each friendly Infernal Enrapturess that is on the battlefield and part of a Slaanesh army.”

That is the ability word for word.  This isn’t even a case of trying to game a poorly worded rule.  To say I get 6 points for each of my 6 Enrapturess models is blatant cheating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Darkfine said:

It doesn’t though, direct quote 

“At the start of your hero phase, you receive one depravity point for each friendly Infernal Enrapturess that is on the battlefield and part of a Slaanesh army.”

That is the ability word for word.  This isn’t even a case of trying to game a poorly worded rule.  To say I get 6 points for each of my 6 Enrapturess models is blatant cheating.

Right, I agree with you, but the problem is that it's on a warscroll rather than an allegiance ability. If it were an allegiance ability, it would be clear it happens once, but on a warscroll, some people believe it happens one time for every copy of that warscroll.

2 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

Right, I agree with you, but the problem is that it's on a warscroll rather than an allegiance ability. If it were an allegiance ability, it would be clear it happens once, but on a warscroll, some people believe it happens one time for every copy of that warscroll.

Ah, got the point.  

*WARNING* Long post to follow

So I had a chance to take the new book out for a tournament spin this weekend. It was just a one day, 3 round shindig at my local FLGS. We had a total of 16 people playing (including a bye buster). Simple rule set - realm artifacts in, no realm rules though (no spells, features, or command abilities). I was also able to get a copy of each my opponents lists so I'll be able to include that. 

My list was:

Godseekers - Aqshy
Keeper of Secrets - General (Speed-Chaser), Thermal Rider Cloak, Sinistrous Hand, Progeny of Damnation
Daemon Prince of Slaanesh - Essence of Vulcatrix
The Contorted Epitome - Soulslice Shards
Infernal Enrapturess
Great Bray Shaman
-20x Ungors
-10x Ungors
-10x Ungors
-30x Bestigors
-10x Seekers
Depraved Drove
-Chronomantic Cogs
1950/2000
*6 Drops, 129 Wounds, 39 Depravity Point Wounds

Overall the strategy is go fast and to get into key combats basically on the first turn and start generating depravity as quickly as possible. With the cogs up you're getting anywhere from 18" to 33" from the Bestigors (avg. 26"), 23" to 43" for the Seekers (avg. 33"), and 25" to 35" for the Keeper (avg. 30") - the threat range is just unreal, unless your opponent wants to deploy 4 or 5" from his deployment edge its hard to stop this army from charging in the first turn. I was comfortable with the drop count - I can get out dropped by most of what does so isn't a big enough turn one threat to concern me.

Round 1 - Scenario Total Commitment, Opponent Gloomspite Gitz

Opponent's List

Spoiler

Loonboss on Mangler Squigs - Fight Another Day, Gryph Feather Charm
Loonboss
Fungoid Cave Shaman - Itchy Nuisance
Troggoth Hag
-60 Stabbas - Spears & Shields
-20 Shootas
-10 Squig Hoppers
-Sneaky Snufflers
-5x Sporesplatta Fanatics
-Mangler Squigs

The only terrain of note is there was a fairly large sized LoS blocking hill/rocky outcropping that was in the center of the table and a forest near my left objective was mystical. 

(I'm going to bullet point these games as I'm not a phenomenal written story teller)
-I finish deploying first, my opponent has underestimated my overall speed and deployed either on the line or close to it so I choose to go first.
-He has committed his big Stabba horde + supporting pieces & Hag to his right objective and his shootas/squig crew to the left. He puts his Loonshrine near his right objective
-I deploy my Ungors, Enrapturess, and Demon prince on my left objective (across from his stabbas) and everything else goes right, I place the Fane about 6" in front of my objective (mostly angling to use it as a wall).
-In the first two turns I manage to clean off his Squigs and Shoota side while he pressures my Ungor side. However I've set up my Ungors specifically to delay (keeping them spaced about 3.5" apart from one another) and I was able to plink some wounds off his hag with the Enrapturess.
-On turn 3 I was able to bring the remaining Bestigors, Seekers, and Keeper to bear on his flank. 
-For the rest of the game he did a good job of killing a lot of my units, I lost all the Bestigors, Seekers, and Keeper but between my summons and just using my units to keep him pinned where he was he was unable to push to my objective until the bottom of turn 4 which put me firmly in the lead.
-End Score was 17-12. My game plan worked out and I was able to use my superior movement to win the battle.

Round 2 - Scenario Duality of Death, Opponent Idoneth Deepkin

Opponent's List

Spoiler

Ishrann Tidecaster - Born from Agony, Steed of Tides
Ishrann Soulscryer
Ishrann Soulscryer
Ahkelian King - Ethereal Amulet
-10x Thralls
-10x Thralls
-10x Thralls
-9x Morsarr Eels
-9x Morsarr Eels
-10x Eternal Guard (Wanderers)

Terrain was fairly inconsequential for this game, there were two nice area ruins in the center of the table on each side about 6" from the edge.

-My opponent put both Eels in the Ethersea, deployed his boats in such a way as to attempt to block me from getting to the objectives (this ended up in an argument during turn 1 because he was unaware I could simply climb over/into the boats). He stacked his Thralls towards the right (my right) objective along with 1 Scryer (not in the Sea) and his Tidecaster. The Eternal Guard were deployed in a forest with his Akhelian king towards the other objective. 
-I (knowing I had the first turn) deployed my Bestigors supported by the Epitome, Prince, and Shaman on the right and then stacked my Ungors, Seekers, Keeper and Enrapturess to the left. I deployed the fane just shy of his boat.
-In the first turn I was able to get my Prince and Keeper to their objectives screened by Bestigors and Ungors. My seekers made a long bomb charge and wiped out a unit of Thralls to exert pressure. 
-He ambushed his Eels towards my Ungor Screen and charged and obliterated the 20 and 1 10 man but because of my positioning I was able to keep the last 10 alive. 
-During Turn 2 I didn't engage his Eels on my turn - to take away some of his high tide potency. I shot and magic'd them (Soulslice Shards is pretty good against Eels). I was also able to summon in a 10 Daemonette Unit to act a further screen for my left objective. On the right side I spread the Seekers out to block his Thralls and slow down his characters. During his turn 2 he did some serious damage but because of my screens (I had the Daemonette unit 3.1" away from the keeper so she couldn't get volted/piled in to) I kept both objectives through turn 2. 
-After his High Tide was over I felt pretty in control of the game, I slammed my Bestigors into one Eel unit and removed it and then slipped my KoS into the 2nd and chunked it down further. At the end of his turn 3 I still held both objectives and we called it there.  I was sitting on 12 points with 2 turns left and he was out of Eels at that point. He likely would have taken my right objective in the next turn with his King and remaining Thralls but it was too little too late.
-Final Score was 21-3 (we gave him holding the right objective for the last two turns as my model count was pretty heavily depleted at this point).
-This game was closer than it looks, had he taken a double turn at any point it probably would have gone his way. But he couldn't pick up a priority roll and I know how to screen Deepkin so I was able to keep the teeth of his high tide out my flesh. 

Round 3 Scenario Starstrike, Opponent Skaven

Opponent's List

Spoiler

Verminlord Warspeer - Cunning, Ethereal Amulet
Plague Priest on Plague Furnace
Greyseer on Screaming Bell - Death Frenzy
Greyseer - Warpgale
Warlock Bombadier
-40 Clan Rats
-20 Clan Rats
-20 Clan Rats
-40 Plague Monks
-Warplightning Cannon
-Warplightning Cannon
-Warp Lightning Vortex

Terrain wise we ended up with an Arcane ruin in the dead center of the table and a mystical forest in my right corner. Other than that nothing that really stood out.

-Before I start just a bit of whine here - why are Skaven so ludicrously cheap compared to everything else?
-I set up with the intent to maximize seekers, Keeper, and Bestigors in this game. I supported the Bestigors with the Epitome and kept the Prince close to the seekers. I knew my only chance in this game was to move very quickly and crash his lines before he could establish control. He set up in a classic 2 towers set up with a clan rat screen in front of each and then had his Warpseer in the middle. He placed the cannons away from the Keeper and Seekers. His basically set his gnawholes up to be arcane terrain for him with no real intent to use them to move about the table. I set the Fane up basically as close to dead center as I could with the intent of hiding behind it where I could. 
-I took the first turn and engage in operation smash 'em to bits. It worked as well as could be expected, I was able to slip around one screen with a incredibly long Bestigor charge (they moved 31" in the first turn) to tag the big clanrat unit behind them. The seekers and Keeper engaged the other clan rat screen and blew it to bits. He in turn charges the keeper and secrets with the big plague monk blob, I did get super lucky and stopped death frenzy on them which was a huge boon. He killed all the Seekers and wounded the keeper badly between the plague monks and one WLC but she was alive with 3 wounds remaining. 
-The first objective comes down in the dead center of the table but fortunately I keep the turn. I retreat the Keeper out and over and straight into a WLC. I continue to grind his bell rats as well. My goal this turn was to get as much of my army in position to keep him on his half of the table as I can. Its effectively the only way I can win.
-I'll summarize the rest of the game because it basically ends up being a pretty grindy game where he kills my Keeper,  my bestigors, basically most of my army but I also manage to kill a ton of his army as well. The primary fight is at the center of the table, he has his Verminlord there who is more than capable of grinding off small units I put in to but I continue to summon into it and push Ungors towards it. 
-The 2 3rd turn objectives fell in places where neither of us could realistically push for them, mine was in an enchanted forest on the side of the table with the Bestigors who did an admirable job of crashing their flank, wrecking 60 clan rats and a bell before getting run over by the bus that is Plague Monks. His objective fell in the center of his side of the table and given how he won his flank he was able to take it with his plague monks before obliterating my Bestigors. 
-Final Score was 20-18 my win, I held the center objectives on turn 3 and turn 5, for a two point lead over his turn 2 and 4 holds. 

Once everything was tallied up I took first place with my Depraved Hedonites of Slaanesh! It was a great weekend and a really good time playing the army. A few key takeaways and I'll leave you alone:

-The Bestigors are unreal, they hit like an absolute truck. They die pretty quickly but if you can line up that first punch it can be crippling. 
-The speed in this army is unreal, the real reason I won my games was the ability to dictate the pace of play. I kept the action where I wanted it all weekend.
-I really liked Cogs in this list to add to the ability to just keep my foot on the gas.
-Hedonite Summoning is a really potent tool box, I'd like to expand what I currently have (30 Daemonettes, 2 Seekers, 1 Exalted, 3 Fiends, and an Enrapturess) to include a few more choices. 
-I almost never found myself in a position to toss my used up Essence of Vulcatrix into the Fane for the bonuses. Not sure if I positioned it wrong (I used it to block LoS/create lanes more than anything) or if that's just not a consistent strategy. Maybe next time I'll take a different item. 

Edited by SwampHeart
Corrected an Error in Artifacts
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, carnith said:

How did you get 3 artifacts?

That was a typo - I originally was running Supreme Sybarites but I didn't play with the Cameo. Just the Essence and Thermal Rider. Still had that variant's characters saved in my notepad (ended up dropping Supreme for 10 Extra Ungors and the Cogs at the last minute). 

Edited by SwampHeart

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Just wondering, how would we best deal with heavy shooting lists like some Skaven or Stormcast have?

Line of sight blocking terrain, prismatic palisade and moving FAST into close combat.

You've only got spells and the Infernal as ranged attack power (if keeping to pure demons) so you've got no way to win a war at range.

Line of sight blocking terrain should be normal on any game board, read the board and see where the protected spots are and use them as best you can to get as close as you can whilst you're protected from ranged fire. You can modify this with things like the Prismatic Palisade endless spell to give you some additional ability to control the board - this might be important in helping you block off a protecting close combat unit; or to let you advance whilst not under crippling fire. 

Slaanesh moves fast, most of the units are speedy and eager to get into combat - maximise this and get into close combat with those ranged units as fast as you can. Try to prioritise as well. Make sure you're charging the actual threats in the enemy force. 

The only ability you've got to put units further into the battlefield is summoning, remembering the limitations on ranges. Charging a leader forward far into the enemy might have the bonus of letting you get a drop of units just far enough behind them; but often as not a shooty army is going to dig in a bit so you might not be able to easily get behind them. Note the new bone-bridge endless spell might actually help here once we see its full rules. 

Overread is right. There should be things to block line of sight. It’s completely fair to ask especially because stormcast can just drop anywhere to shoot you. Really hoping ghb 2019 brings their prices up since 2 units of 9 vanguard raptors is only 540 and with anvils of the heldenhammer, they throw out a stupid number of shots. 

Nurgle player here popping in to say WOW.. Slaanesh is fun and scary to play against! 

I play a VERY tanky list. 25-30 blightkings, 40 marauders, multiple "save after saves" and lots of healing. I use the Glottkin in EVERY game I play. I make those 40 marauders have 80 wounds. I played a slaanesh army and he had 51 depravity points by turn 2!! Because he basically got 1 depravity point PER marauder, and everytime he touched the blightkings..it was insane. I will be keeping an eye out for this next time I play Slaanesh. From my perspective.. the ability to make my unit sin particular strike last is not that potent. My build in particular is fine with double turns and ASL abilities because I'm so ok with taking damage. Double turns for me are actually sub optimal because it reduces the potency of my healing abilities. My biggest weakness against your guys' army is the speed. I cant hang. I have one unit that outflanks (gutrot spume and 5-10 blightkings) and other then that its 4-6" movement. So getting trapped in my own deployment zone while you rack up VP is a big problem for me. 

Just thought I'd offer some perspective from an opponents point of view. Although because the plague fathers power is waning at the moment, you're not likely to face a Nurgle army.. and if you do its 80% chance its 3x GUO.

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Like 2

Ey guys. Im new to slaanesh (actually been following the slaanesh releases almost a year now, preparing to start AOS with slaanesh once the battletome arrive) i used to play orcs in fantasy 12 years ago and now im ready for the new game. Anyways, i have been struggling to choose between the potential of a Daemon Prince and a Bladebringer on Seeker Chariot. Before the battletome i was really confident in the potential of the Daemon Prince as a 8 wounds piece capable of generating some good depravity points and keep in play with his atack first shenanigans, but now the Bladebringer cost the same in points, got the same wound and save characteristic, the locus of diversion act as a different but equivalently effective atack order shenanigan, the damage output of both units looks quite similar. The Daemon Prince can equip the axe for -2 rend but the chariot is gonna proc d3 mortal wounds every turn by retreat and charging wich offer almost the same tool to deal with armored targets, also both move the same (the Daemon Prince fly tho). The chariot can use a spell to reroll 1s to hit, but the Daemon Prince can pick the blade for a better martial prowess too.

Now that the Fiends i got from wrath and rapture are nerfed and a little out of place in the army, i was planning to convert them to Daemon Princess (actually was planning to give them daemonettes heads anyway, i think they will look extremely cool as Daemon Princess) but im wondering if the Daemon Prince is also outclassed by the chariot. Since im planning to get a start collecting box, and you can buil 2 chariots with it (and even read something about not exactly following the guide to make both an exalted chariot and a seeker chariot, wich i plan to try)

Anyone interested on disscusing this matter?

Also im into cheap stuff, so probably gonna convert my own heros, not sure if gonna be able to have a Keeper of Secrets ever, would love to convert some Fiends into a Keeper, but they seem just too small for any good result. (Almost guarantee to do my own Contorted Epitome with two daemonettes and a little kitbash, probably the extra daemonettes that suposedly come in the start collecting box for the different chariots variances)

Overall the Chariot is probably going to do more for you as it has much more utility. The biggest things the Daemon Prince has going for it is the ability to fly without costing an artifact and the "first strike" ability it has.

A winged Daemon Prince is going to be best used as an assassin that you get past the other player's screening units to strike at heroes or ranged units in their backline. Ranged units are going to be our biggest threat so having something that can go after them will be useful but you probably will not want more than one and will need it to have wings.

running the following list currently (sometimes as invaders sometimes as seekers, so relics and command trait not set either)

Shalaxi

keeper

Keeper

epitome

infernal enrapturess

infernal enrapturess

supreme sybarites

10x daemonettes

10x daemonettes

10x daemonettes

probably not the strongest list but its something I have and its done really well so far.

hey all!

im looking into running as God Seekers with the following, but need to see what would best help me finish out my last 200 points:

Keeper - General,  Speed-Chaser, Thermal rider Cloak

Enrapturess x2 - 1 with Cameo of Dark Prince

Epitome

Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot

30 Daemonettes 

5 Hellstriders x2

Supreme Sybarites

Cogs and Mirror

my original plan was to use Syll’Eske becaice its an amazing model...but I don’t want him as my general and it’s the only way to use his command ability.  So, 200 points to spare, I have the following options:

Enrapturess or Masque + Geminids

Enrapturess or Masque + Nothing for extra CP

second Epitome

im leaning towards second Epitome and just locking down enemy casting completely,2 Epitomes + 2 enrapturess + summoning Enrapturesses?!?

thoughts? Thank you in advance!!

Played my first game with the new tome v SCE. I lost this one, unsurprisingly, mostly because of errors I made getting to know the new rules, and a massive first turn mistake in which I charged a big unit, (30) of bestigors in before I remembered the 'wholly within 12" stipulation. Oh well, lesson learned. I also got caught out of position........more than once.

Next game v Nurgle was a slaughterfest. He never knew what hit him. I had over 50 DP by the end of turn 1, and he conceded as he realized that he'd never get any objectives back. Brutal.

His list:

GUO w/ Bell and blade

Sorcerer

Blightlord

Gutrot and 10 kings

30 plagueboys

6 drones 

kept points back for CPs and endless spell, Cogs.

I brought:

Helaxi

KoS

KoS 

IE

30 dnettes

5 striders x2

To be fair, he played poorly, turtling up around one of 4 objectives, so I jumped on 3 of them and took the fight to him with 2 KoS.

Game over.

Edited by Tasman

To the guys that have gotten quite a few games done with the new tome already - Do you ever see yourself summoning in Seeker Chariots? I bought 2 SC boxes and made an Exalted Chariot out of the first. I'm considering making a second, but I'm not sure how often I'd run with double Exalted in my list, however I just don't see myself summoning in Seeker Chariots, much less including them in my start list.