AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

10 hours ago, Popisdead said:

I heard in Wrath of the Everchosen there is an Invaders option that gives you D3 units that can be pulled off and put into "Ambush"?  Is it correct that you can take the Depraved Drove as Slaanesh and then have them be WotE as well?  

Correct. The Lurid Haze is basically a more specialized version of the Invaders Host, and in exchange for having to take a specific command trait and item you get the ambush rule and a rather nice command ability that gives +1 to saves for a unit. If you're not taking the Syll'Esskan Host it's probably one of the strongest current options for us.

2 questions that have been bothering me. 

First, why didn't GW clear up the command trait in the Pretenders Host sub faction in Wrath of the Everchosen? Imo it can be read as getting a third trait.. 

Second, how come Syll'esske Host is not an option in the AOS army builder app? This really bothers me 😑

On 3/3/2020 at 8:54 PM, CeleFAZE said:

Correct. The Lurid Haze is basically a more specialized version of the Invaders Host, and in exchange for having to take a specific command trait and item you get the ambush rule and a rather nice command ability that gives +1 to saves for a unit. If you're not taking the Syll'Esskan Host it's probably one of the strongest current options for us.

Thanks kindly.

I mainly play Depraved Drove for Slaanesh or some weird chariot/Seeker/Hellstrider combo.  I cannot afford the new Keepers so playing more with everything else :S

Speaking of KoS... I have been toying with the idea of plopping down 6xInfernal Enraptures - this will give 36 depravity points per turn, allowing  summoning of one KoS per turn from T2 onward.

This sounds quite powerful, is there something I am missing? Are there better value summons? Is there a weakness in running 6 IE that cannot be offset with summoning?

(I would have to use proxies naturally, but it sounds like fun, potentially cheesy list I'd like to try)

Edit: also, question regarding summoning. If summoned unit is a wizard, do I get to pick a spell for it?

Edited by Golub87

30 minutes ago, Golub87 said:

Speaking of KoS... I have been toying with the idea of plopping down 6xInfernal Enraptures - this will give 36 depravity points per turn, allowing  summoning of one KoS per turn from T2 onward.

This sounds quite powerful, is there something I am missing? 

It was FAQ'd so that the ability only counts the total number of Enrapturess on the field once, and not per Enrapturess

2 minutes ago, KoganStyle said:

It was FAQ'd so that the ability only counts the total number of Enrapturess on the field once, and not per Enrapturess

Ah, that makes so much more sense. I did not see it in the FAQ, but I found it in the designer's commentary.

Well, that makes IE stacking much less of an inviting prospect.

3 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Thanks kindly.

I mainly play Depraved Drove for Slaanesh or some weird chariot/Seeker/Hellstrider combo.  I cannot afford the new Keepers so playing more with everything else :S

If you can't afford keepers, the next best things are a bladebringer on exalted chariot for melee, and the contorted epitome for magic. I don't have much experience with beastmen, but they seem like they could get some decent mileage out of what the army has to offer.

• Like 1

Heej,

I have a tournament on the 5 of April.

I want to bring this:

Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
Doombull of Slaanesh (100)
- Host Option: General
Great Bray Shaman of Slaanesh (100)
- Artefact: Gargant-bone Dice
Doombull of Slaanesh (100)
Shalaxi Helbane (340)
- Shining Aegis
- Spell: Song of Secrets

Battleline
10 x Gors of Slaanesh (70)
10 x Ungors of Slaanesh (60)
10 x Ungors of Slaanesh (60)

Units
6 x Bullgors of Slaanesh (280)
6 x Bullgors of Slaanesh (280)

Battalions
Depraved Drove (150)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Mesmerising Mirror (60)
Wheels of Excruciation (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 127

I am wondering  how to equip the bulls. And isn't maby pretender with the faultless blade better

• Like 1

Looking for some clarification on two items:

1. If I run the Lurid Haze invader's sub-allegiance, do all three generals gain access to the new command ability "Intoxicating Pall"?
  2. If I take the "Fallacious Gift" invader's artifact, does the targeted enemy hero count as having an artifact of power for the purposes of the Depraved Drove battalion buffs?

Thanks!

On 3/7/2020 at 12:41 AM, CeleFAZE said:

If you can't afford keepers, the next best things are a bladebringer on exalted chariot for melee, and the contorted epitome for magic. I don't have much experience with beastmen, but they seem like they could get some decent mileage out of what the army has to offer.

I have one of those and love it!!  Really want a second.  Are there slaanesh builds that favour using chariots as HQ within the book?  I have a descent army as well of old Juan Diaz girls.  60 infantry, 20 mtd, some hellstriders etc.   

5 hours ago, Popisdead said:

I have one of those and love it!!  Really want a second.  Are there slaanesh builds that favour using chariots as HQ within the book?  I have a descent army as well of old Juan Diaz girls.  60 infantry, 20 mtd, some hellstriders etc.   

I've actually considered running more exalted chariots and less keepers recently. It really feels like my keepers have been bouncing off of enemies more nowadays and dying with alarming speed, and chariots don't degrade as they take damage. They also throw out ludicrous amounts of attacks and a steady stream of mortal wounds, as well as being really efficient to summon with depravity points.

With what you have you could probably run an Epicurean Revellers list with two mobs of 30 daemonettes and a unit of 5 hellstriders as a cheap 3rd battleline. If you're concerned with numbers of drops you could split the daemonettes into 30 20 10 also. Epicurean is generally not seen as that great of a battallion, as its a lot of points that doesn't increase your damage ceiling, but just helps against heavily armored opponents, so it's better depending on your meta. Petrifex elite 3+ saves are actually where it mathematically gets good, so it might be decent now? It bears testing that I haven't had the chance to do. If there are a lot of 3+ saves in the new seraphon book it could prove to be better than before.

Mounted daemonettes, seekers, are actually pretty good, but generally aren't seen in lists since you want to maximize heroes for depravity generation. I think you could get some mileage out of them though, as they'll pop up to 6 attacks a model in the turn after they cause any casualties. Generally you would just use them to run at obscene speeds to eliminate backline threats like unprotected characters and artillery.

If you're not fielding keepers, you're going to probably want at least one,  but maybe two Contorted Epitomes to give you a better shot at making your enemies strike last,  and also give you an edge when it comes to magic. Since the errata changed locus to a 5+ you really want the extra chance the epitome provides, but keep in mind they are exceedingly fragile in combat.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

I've actually considered running more exalted chariots and less keepers recently. It really feels like my keepers have been bouncing off of enemies more nowadays and dying with alarming speed, and chariots don't degrade as they take damage. They also throw out ludicrous amounts of attacks and a steady stream of mortal wounds, as well as being really efficient to summon with depravity points.

With what you have you could probably run an Epicurean Revellers list with two mobs of 30 daemonettes and a unit of 5 hellstriders as a cheap 3rd battleline. If you're concerned with numbers of drops you could split the daemonettes into 30 20 10 also. Epicurean is generally not seen as that great of a battallion, as its a lot of points that doesn't increase your damage ceiling, but just helps against heavily armored opponents, so it's better depending on your meta. Petrifex elite 3+ saves are actually where it mathematically gets good, so it might be decent now? It bears testing that I haven't had the chance to do. If there are a lot of 3+ saves in the new seraphon book it could prove to be better than before.

Mounted daemonettes, seekers, are actually pretty good, but generally aren't seen in lists since you want to maximize heroes for depravity generation. I think you could get some mileage out of them though, as they'll pop up to 6 attacks a model in the turn after they cause any casualties. Generally you would just use them to run at obscene speeds to eliminate backline threats like unprotected characters and artillery.

If you're not fielding keepers, you're going to probably want at least one,  but maybe two Contorted Epitomes to give you a better shot at making your enemies strike last,  and also give you an edge when it comes to magic. Since the errata changed locus to a 5+ you really want the extra chance the epitome provides, but keep in mind they are exceedingly fragile in combat.

When running chariots, my assumption is that I should always stick a Bladebringer on it, in order to generate more DPs, correct?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Golub87 said:

When running chariots, my assumption is that I should always stick a Bladebringer on it, in order to generate more DPs, correct?

I can't foresee a situation where I'd ever run a chariot without a bladebringer. Only corner case would maybe be for battleline seeker chariots in a godseekers list, but I'm not terribly convinced that there's a good reason to do that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

The changes to locus make the chariots an uncertain combatant. But the exalted does do work against Mortek guard where a KoS might struggle.

Even on the KoS I've been using the Ragged Cloak more and more combined with a successful locus roll it can let you dominate whole sections of the board. 

I do agree in general though that 1 KoS is probably the best choice given the known information. Which immediately changes how fast you can kill things, which means you need to have more blocking, board control, and probably the ability to grind somewhere in your list. 

I think the epitome has a place in a mortal or heavily daemonette styled list where you aren't so concerned with keeping it safe from harm, but doubt it's mandatory inclusion in say a msu styled list. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

The changes to locus make the chariots an uncertain combatant. But the exalted does do work against Mortek guard where a KoS might struggle.

Even on the KoS I've been using the Ragged Cloak more and more combined with a successful locus roll it can let you dominate whole sections of the board. 

I do agree in general though that 1 KoS is probably the best choice given the known information. Which immediately changes how fast you can kill things, which means you need to have more blocking, board control, and probably the ability to grind somewhere in your list. 

I think the epitome has a place in a mortal or heavily daemonette styled list where you aren't so concerned with keeping it safe from harm, but doubt it's mandatory inclusion in say a msu styled list. 

I agree with a lot of that, especially having at least one KoS, as their command ability is a major force multiplier. However I've found the epitome is really helpful against caster heavy lists with rerollable unbinds. Considering the prevalence of caster- dependent lists at the moment I might even start including enrapturesses in more of my lists alongside the epitome to help in that regard.

I am looking for an alternate sculpt for the hellstrider rider models. Any recommendations?  I know some people use deamonettes with whip on them but I want my riders to be humans not deamons but not nearly as muscular as the current model and I hate how the current model legs are  spread way beyond  the mount it s riding

3 minutes ago, azdimy said:

I am looking for an alternate sculpt for the hellstrider rider models. Any recommendations?  I know some people use deamonettes with whip on them but I want my riders to be humans not deamons but not nearly as muscular as the current model and I hate how the current model legs are  spread way beyond  the mount it s riding

I used Sisters of the Thorn with Claws instead of the non-shield hand and Wych heads (I used the Wychs bodies with Daemonette heads for Daemonettes).  Looks good as they are all similar scale models and the Stags have some great poses.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

I used Sisters of the Thorn with Claws instead of the non-shield hand and Wych heads (I used the Wychs bodies with Daemonette heads for Daemonettes).  Looks good as they are all similar scale models and the Stags have some great poses.  

Thanks, I d like to keep the steed of slaanesh as a mount if possible . I need to try fit the sisters of the thorn/wild riders lower body on it but I don t think it will work. Do you have a link where I can see a picture of yours?

1 hour ago, azdimy said:

Thanks, I d like to keep the steed of slaanesh as a mount if possible . I need to try fit the sisters of the thorn/wild riders lower body on it but I don t think it will work. Do you have a link where I can see a picture of yours?

Might work, look to be a similar size.

IMG_20200310_142945.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 9:04 AM, azdimy said:

I'm using dark elf Dark Riders on Steed of Slaanesh myself.  They have lances which I use as the clawspear.

• Like 1

A lot of the elven cavalry would probably work so long as their fancy pants fit in the seeker saddles.  Personally I've been using some converted centaur style hellstriders using the sisters of the thorn kit which fit the bill if you're looking for a more sleek/less spiky aesthetic.

Edited by Lucentia