AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

32 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Where do you see that? I've been looking at the scroll on the AoS app and as far as I can see all of the prayers can be used by a shrine regardless of its mark, and they can target any S2D unit regardless of their mark. The only condition is the stronger effect is reserved for a unit whose mark matches the prayer. 

You're right, i've been looking at stronger effects, the ordinary ones seemed like typical fluff text at first glance.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Xasto said:

So, does any of the stuff from S2D sound appealing in a Slaanesh army? Would the big boy himself Archaon be viable?

He's got the hedonite and mortal keywords, so between a keeper and a chaos lord we can make him fight 3 times in a combat phase. I'm not sure he's 800-points of good, but we can certainly make him do work.

10 hours ago, Tmaffers said:

I might be missing something. But is the exalted greater daemon of slaanesh with these rules allowed in matched play? 

DBA795EE-87C4-4577-8128-8C4E71EA321A.png

7CC5C009-9689-4BC3-8EE9-DF6DBC02007D.png

45028B4E-7A6F-47D0-95FF-B00C5A65651C.png

I think it is as it has the Slaanesh keyword and points, but it doesn't have the Hedonite or Greater daemon keyword so it's not that useful - at least, not that useful compared to a normal KoS. Then again, if it wasn't in the most recent Forgeworld update then there's a strong possibility that it's no longer matched play legal.  

3 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Seems fair to me. Re-balances the worst offenders without completely neutering our summoning.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if we can use the White Dwarf Battalions in other Hosts?- points drop on Soul Grinders makes that battalion very tempting but I hate the Syll host.

Unfortunately, when checking again, we can't :( it says on the last line of the host's abilities. Shame, really, as I'd like to use mortals.

I'm guess the answer is no, but if we mark all Slaves units as Slaanesh but put them in a Slaves battalion, we can't use them (except as allies) can we?

3 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Seems fair to me. Re-balances the worst offenders without completely neutering our summoning.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if we can use the White Dwarf Battalions in other Hosts?- points drop on Soul Grinders makes that battalion very tempting but I hate the Syll host.

It's only for the Syll'Esskan host, unfortunately.

I'm still mulling over the change, we got hit pretty hard but it wasn't undeserved, ultimately. Locus on a 5+ is worst for lists without keepers (which aren't likely to be seen, really), and is going to make them more necessary than before. This also makes the Epitome even more useful, to the point where I might expect to see 2 of them in some lists. Probably worthwhile now to bring in some allied sphiranxes as a way to shore up the change as well. Alongside princes that always attack first I think we're actually not terribly bad off in the realm of dictating combat.

As for the change to depravity, it's a mixed bag. Everything largely is 5 points more expensive, with the only exceptions being daemonettes and keepers. I'm not entirely sure if this is going to solve our problems with list homogeneity, or just make everyone optimize harder for DP generation to compensate. I would've liked to have seen a larger increase in prices and allowing all of our stuff to generate depravity instead, so we can have more variety in lists and chaos warriors/knights and fiends would immediately have a place in the army. Buuut I suppose that would be a more fundamental change than tweaking numbers.

We're going to have to adapt, but it's not a huge shift. Not the change we needed to make the army more fun, but at least the change the game needed to be more balanced.

21 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Unfortunately, when checking again, we can't :( it says on the last line of the host's abilities. Shame, really, as I'd like to use mortals.

I'm guess the answer is no, but if we mark all Slaves units as Slaanesh but put them in a Slaves battalion, we can't use them (except as allies) can we?

You are correct. There's one S2D battalion that we don't have to ally in explicitly but it's basically a conditional seeker cavalcade, which I don't see as being much use to us aside from keeping our drops low.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

You are correct. There's one S2D battalion that we don't have to ally in explicitly but it's basically a conditional seeker cavalcade, which I don't see as being much use to us aside from keeping our drops low.

Thanks :) Which battalion is this, if you don't mind me asking? Is it certain we can take it? 

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Thanks :) Which battalion is this, if you don't mind me asking? Is it certain we can take it? 

Pleasurebound warband. It and the 3 other god-specific battalions have a little text blurb explicitly making them multi-faction, to my recollection. I'll have to double check in a week or so when I have the book in front of me to be 100% on it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CeleFAZE said:

Pleasurebound warband. It and the 3 other god-specific battalions have a little text blurb explicitly making them multi-faction, to my recollection. I'll have to double check in a week or so when I have the book in front of me to be 100% on it.

Thanks :) even if the ability is rubbish, if it decreases our drops then it could well be worth it if we want to run S2D in a none-Syllesske host list.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Thanks :) even if the ability is rubbish, if it decreases our drops then it could well be worth it if we want to run S2D in a none-Syllesske host list.  

Yeah, I've really wanted to run mortals for so long that I'll take any excuse to make them viable, especially if I can do so in a godseekers list.

On that note, I think marauders are amazing for us. S2D lists have issues keeping them in radius for the extra hit buff, but since we give it to them baseline we're free to let them do exactly whatever they need to, with or without support. With godseekers they get an absolutely disgusting 8 inch minimum charge, and they benefit well from acquiescence. I'm not looking forward to building 40 of the jerks. The horsemen are also good for generating depravity by retreat -> charging in godseekers.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to make chaos warriors useful for us? I love the models, but I'm a little stumped on how to make them really shine, especially when for the same price we've got hellstriders.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

Yeah, I've really wanted to run mortals for so long that I'll take any excuse to make them viable, especially if I can do so in a godseekers list.

On that note, I think marauders are amazing for us. S2D lists have issues keeping them in radius for the extra hit buff, but since we give it to them baseline we're free to let them do exactly whatever they need to, with or without support. With godseekers they get an absolutely disgusting 8 inch minimum charge, and they benefit well from acquiescence. I'm not looking forward to building 40 of the jerks. The horsemen are also good for generating depravity by retreat -> charging in godseekers.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to make chaos warriors useful for us? I love the models, but I'm a little stumped on how to make them really shine, especially when for the same price we've got hellstriders.

Good news is that the battalion is super open "1 Mortal STD Slaanesh Hero, 6 Mortal STD Slaanesh units" which means we can get a lot in there. ****** ability doesn't matter much when you get an artefact  and a free CP plus a small number of drops.

11 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

Chaos warriors are a little difficult. In order to run them your probably looking at 15 men units so 300 points. Probably run 10 as dual weapons and 5 with shields and halbreds. The dual weapons will get reroll to hit they are 10 plus so they naturally reroll saves. The shields give a 5+ mortal wound protection. They can go grab an objective. They are a hard to shift unit not so much a hard hitting unit.

Hi Everyone! I recently got a slaanesh start collecting box as a prize in a painting competition and was thinking about using it to start my second army, but I'm kind lost in what I should get. We don't play 2k points game often around here, mostly game are at the 1500 points range. Would a lista like this work? 

Spoiler

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Invaders Host

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Trait: Skin-taker
- Host Option: General (Invaders Host)
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Pavane of Slaanesh
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)

Units
10 x Seekers (240)

Battalions
Supreme Sybarites (120)

Total: 1500 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 76

The list is simple a start collecting + half of the wrath&rapture + a keeper and a epitome. I don't have mostly of the models, so I'm open to any sugestions to make it better (model/host/spells/artifacts wise, the unique thing I don't thing i can get soon would be a second keeper).

A last question, what extra unities would be good to get for summoing after I finish the main list? 

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

Hi Everyone! I recently got a slaanesh start collecting box as a prize in a painting competition and was thinking about using it to start my second army, but I'm kind lost in what I should get. We don't play 2k points game often around here, mostly game are at the 1500 points range. Would a lista like this work? 

Hide contents

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Invaders Host

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Trait: Skin-taker
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Pavane of Slaanesh
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)

Units
10 x Seekers (240)

Battalions
Supreme Sybarites (120)

Total: 1500 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 76

The list is simple a start collecting + half of the wrath&rapture + a keeper and a epitome. I don't have mostly of the models, so I'm open to any sugestions to make it better (model/host/spells/artifacts wise, the unique thing I don't thing i can get soon would be a second keeper).

A last question, what extra unities would be good to get for summoing after I finish the main list? 

Yeah, I think this would work well :) For summoning, I'd say have a few test runs and see how many points you acrew. 

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

Yeah, I think this would work well :) For summoning, I'd say have a few test runs and see how many points you acrew. 

Thanks for the advices! I guess that I can always use the points to bring back dead unities in the beggining (which is good for my wallet 😆)