AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

54 minutes ago, Piether said:

Like a Godseekers host must contain 0-2 epicurean revellers and 2-4 seeker cavalcades. Sounds lkke a must have without I'm not able to play this host. But I couldn't find any tournament list that contains this amount of battalions while they're a Godseekers host. 

Main question: is my english this bad or isn't it a must that I need to play a special host? 

Thanks for your help! 

The hosts require no battalions on their own (so you can play godseekers with 0 seeker cavalcades). The 2-4 seeker cavalcade is in relation to the big battalion (the hedonite host) as the host you are changes the requirements on that. 

• Thanks 1

What about this list for Syll's host:

Keeper
Shalaxi
Exalted Chariot
Epitome
Syll
4x5 Hellshriders
Mesmerizing Mirror
Cogs

What i found is that it's hard to do a decent charge with your keepers and still be within 12" of Syll's double depravity bubble even if you use CP to guarantee he moves 14 just as the non-flying ones. In case double turn procs for your opponent you might as well lose most of the keepers while they're out of range of that ability. Cogs should help with that a bit and mirror is in general a great spell to deal with weak buffing heroes. Plus when i take 3 keepers i'm always missing the amount of attacks the big chariot has. 3rd Keeper is only better vs tough single targets like bloodthirsters and in a sense that he doesn't die as easily but double depravity should help with that by providing enough depravity to re-summon keeper as soon as he dies.

Found this on Twitter (@TinyDino_aos) so credit goes to them. 

It's a pretty dumb list, but at the same time it could be  disgustingly effective in a way that most would not expect.

The list is:

Host: Syll'Esske host

Realm: Hysh

Syll'Esske 

Keeper of Secrets 

- sash of ten paradises 

- progeny of damnation

Herald on hellflayer

- Luminary rod (d3 mortal wounds to everything in 9", once per game) 

Herald on hellflayer 

Herald on hellflayer 

Herald on seeker chariot 

5× hellstriders 

5× hellstriders 

5× hellstriders

5× hellstriders 

5× hellstriders 

Seeker cavalcade 

Wheels of excruciation 

Emerald lifeswarm 

1cp

1990 points 

Step 1: Start with 2+d3 command points 

Step 2: Gather everyone around Syll'Esske

Step 3: cast wheels and run over your own heroes 

Step 4: use the luminary rod on all of your own heroes

Step 5: use the fane on someone who can survive it 

Step 6: 58 average depravity points 

Step 7: ???

Step 8: profit 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Actually, thinking on that list, so long as the wheels touch everyone (who all have a 4+ save, so 3 mw average - triggering on a 1, 2, and 3) and the luminous rod blasts everyone (2mw average), we should get 60dp - enough for 2 free keepers. If we turn those hellflayers heralds into seeker chariot heralds, we'll save 80 points for some cogs. 

Providing averages hold up, we should be able to hit the front lines with 3 keepers (2 at full health, 1 taken 3 wounds when healing is considered) and have nearly 1600 points backing us up.

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Actually, thinking on that list, so long as the wheels touch everyone (who all have a 4+ save, so 3 mw average - triggering on a 1, 2, and 3) and the luminous rod blasts everyone (2mw average), we should get 60dp - enough for 2 free keepers. If we turn those hellflayers heralds into seeker chariot heralds, we'll save 80 points for some cogs. 

Providing averages hold up, we should be able to hit the front lines with 3 keepers (2 at full health, 1 taken 3 wounds when healing is considered) and have nearly 1600 points backing us up.

That's assuming you get first turn, which is rather hard with 7 drops, and that spells actually go off, which is also not guaranteed. Not to mention you may end up killing something unintentionally or not generating enough depravity for that to matter. If the stars don't align perfectly you'll end up with a bunch of wounded weak heroes.

I'll try it out today.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sobakaa said:

That's assuming you get first turn, which is rather hard with 7 drops, and that spells actually go off, which is also not guaranteed. Not to mention you may end up killing something unintentionally or not generating enough depravity for that to matter. If the stars don't align perfectly you'll end up with a bunch of wounded weak heroes.

I'll try it out today.

It's not going to break the meta by any means, I don't think, but it's hardly impossible to get off - just need to cast a 5+ spell, roll average ish for the damage (which is likely for that spell considering the amount of dice that will be rolled), and then use the rod. Tbh, I think the biggest issue will be going second, which is why I think you should try turtle Sylle'Esske behind some LoS blocking terrain.

Please say how it goes :)

4 hours ago, Enoby said:

I will go with this list though:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Syll'Esskan Host
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- Ritual Knife
The Contorted Epitome (200)
Herald  (120)
Syll'Esske, the Vengeful Allegiance (200)
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (100)
Seeker Cavalcade (140)
Wheels of Excruciation (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000

I feel like it'll be rather hard to put all the chariots into 9" straight line. Plus, considering how crucial it is to cast wheels i'd feel more comfortable with the Epitome.

On a second though, though, the epitome has 2+ save from mortal wounds so you'll lose some output from the wheels... I wonder how impactful it'll be.

Edited by Sobakaa
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 12:52 PM, Enoby said:

My apologies, the game yesterday got cancelled so i had to postpone a test one day.

Played this list against the daughters of khaine unoptimized list (so i won't mention the actual combat results):
Keeper
Enrapturess (taken for her small base)
Herald (can cast spells and has small base)
Exalted Chariot hero
Exalted Chariot hero
Syll
5x5 mortal horseys

Opponent gave me first turn. I somehow managed to fit all of that in 9" line for the rod during deployment, rolled average of 2 mortal wounds per character, 11 -> 22. Then the wheels generated a ton, i lost the herald and the enrapturess to them but in the end i had 64 depravity turn one even before my move phase. Healed some damage with spells, but not much. Moved, summoned 2 keepers and ended up turn 1 with +720pts of fresh models on the table, ensuring it all was in 12" bubble (learned from previous mistake). So yeah, the maths holds true.

The problem is, you bank it all on that casting roll. If you fail to cast that endless spell or it is dispelled you just spent 140 points (additional mortal horses and a spell) on the models that probably won't do anything, not to mention a non-optimal setup of heroes. I would love to add an epitome there but that's minus 10 depravity on average due to her mortal wounds save.
Oh, and you don't get the crazy CP generation of other hosts so you're always short on it, need to pick who would fight twice a bit smarter.

Edited by Sobakaa
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2019 at 8:35 PM, Lucentia said:

I have picked up a box of Wild Riders/Sisters of the Thorn with intent of turning them into centaur-style Hellstriders, though I have yet to get round to chopping them up to see how feasible that actually is...  When I do so I'll try to remember to report back with the results.

I am now reporting back, turns out it's actually pretty easy!  I just used a modeling saw to get a clean cut through the horse necks, and a tiny ring of green stuff to cover the gaps.

Much more dynamic than the actual hellstrider kit, though I may go back and add some daemonette claws or something to slaanesh-ify them more.

20191027_111706.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, heromaster said:

Hey guys im looking at getting into HoS and wondered how this list looked or a 1000pts tournament at my lgs

keeper of secrets
infernal enrapturess
30x daemonettes
5x hellstriders w/claw spear
5x hellstriders w/claw spear

Looks solid to me :) The Keeper will be your big hitter, and could carry at 1k points.

That said, I'd suggest swapping the infernal enrapturess and hellstriders for a contorted epitome - that thing is amazing, and will give you a lot of magical defence and offence. 

Normally I wouldn't suggest pretenders, but it might work well for you - give your keeper Sliverslash on its claws and it'll blend everything. Plus, your daemonettes will always be rerolling 1s. With your extra 40 points, I'd suggest the wheels of excruciating - great for picking of pesky wizards.  

At 1k I've been running a Keeper, Epitome,  The Masque, 2x10 Daemonettes, Wheels of Excrutiation and the Mesmerising Mirror, which has yet to lose a game (though how much of that is the merit of the list and how much of that is, well, Slaanesh, is up for debate).

As stated above Pretenders is not a bad pick at 1k, though the Keeper is your only real damage source.

On 10/30/2019 at 8:55 PM, heromaster said:

do you summon much in at 1k or not? im trying to work out what to buy!

I only own just over 1k in models, so I don't summon a lot usually, just bring squads back when they die, or an Enrapturess sometime.  A spare exalted chariot and 10-20 extra daemonettes probably wouldn't hurt.

13 minutes ago, Saiken said:

Pretty excited about the StD release announcement, and that chaos chaos Lord in particular.

With updated rules, are there any particular StD units we should look after that could be interesting in a Slaanesh army ? 

I think, with our new host, anything that appears in that should have another look. So if Chaos Knights actually become the harbingers of destruction they're meant to be, that 3d6 charge that (through other command abilities and warshrines) that can be combined with a run and rerolls may become something seriously worth considering. 

In addition, that new hero may be useful - even if he's not a Hedonite, he fits into our new battalion as a mounted Slaanesh hero.

• Like 1

Took masochists of slaanesh to a tournament:

Syll'esske Host

Syll
Keeper w/ Eatherquartz broche
Shalaxi
Bladebringer Herald
Epitome w/ Luminary rod
4xHellstriders
Cogs
Suffocating Gravetide
Wheels of Excruciation

2 endless spells and the rod provide enough self-damage to get 50-60 depravity before moving on turn 1, i'm not sacrificing combat effectiveness since my heroes are what i'd take anyway in other hosts and i'm only loosing CP generation mostly (which broche helps with a bit). Also charging on 7 after summon is more than doable.

Only lost to Hallowheart with 80 phoenix guards, 20 crossbowmen, frost phoenix, 3 mages, spellportal, purple sun and geminids. I'm not sure any other slaanesh list would do better against it with their 5+ ignore of spells, mass 3+ 4+ fnp battleline and -1 to hit and to wound on your best pieces.

• Like 1