AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

How does Tyrants of Blood interact with Locus of Diversion?

Khorne's battalion says:

After a model from this battalion has fought in the combat phase fort he first time, you can pick another model from the same battalion that has not yet fought in that combat phase and is within 3" of any enemy units. That model fights immediately, before the opposing player picks a unit to fight in that combat phase

So if an opponent has 3 bloodthirsters and a single one of them wasn't locused to fight last, Khorne player can pick that one bloodthirster and the rest will still fight right after because of the battalion, right?

1 hour ago, Sobakaa said:

How does Tyrants of Blood interact with Locus of Diversion?

Khorne's battalion says:

So if an opponent has 3 bloodthirsters and a single one of them wasn't locused to fight last, Khorne player can pick that one bloodthirster and the rest will still fight right after because of the battalion, right?

Pretty much.

Hi there, a quick question : Can a great bray shaman in a depraved drove battalion, in a HoS army, pick a spell from the Twisted wild domains, in the Beast of Chaos battletome? Nobody mentioned it, so it's a little unclear.

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Daneel said:

Hi there, a quick question : Can a great bray shaman in a depraved drove battalion, in a HoS army, pick a spell from the Twisted wild domains, in the Beast of Chaos battletome? Nobody mentioned it, so it's a little unclear.

Thanks!

no

4 hours ago, Daneel said:

Thanks!

He can't get a spell from any Battletome. He doesn't have the keywords for Slaanesh spells, and he isn't in a Beast of Chaos army to use the Wild.

He does give you someone to cast the BoC endless spells though.

What do you guys think about this list? It is ofc heavily inspired from a recent list I've seen somewhere, with little tweaks. Is Kairos worth its cost? Also I was thinking about maybe trying to fit the purple sun to help vs the fyreslayers matchup, what do you guys think? Cheers!

Depraved Drove.PDF

3 hours ago, Xyxel said:

What is your gaming experience on maxing up to 6 heroes in 2000 points army? When they lose wounds DP is gained, so its a potential discount to price of those heroes.

It's not that straight forward unfortunately.

I think HoS and Depravity in particular are a different sort of animal to play with and against then any of the other top tier factions. So yes on simple observation you aren't incorrect, but a lot of the strengths and weaknesses come from in the table play.

Key to playing against HoS is knowing which heroes to kill and when to kill them. Players who don't understand this are going to get rolled, because they are giving up their place in the interaction as the opposition to Depravity. 

Many players see KoS and think it's big and killy they need to bring it down last turn. But, in reality it doesn't do that much outside of combat, and when you kill it I will just bring on a new one possibly closer than the one you just killed. 

Opponents to HoS need to start seeing each hero like a deep strike beacon. Looking at the board and figuring out where the HoS player can spend those points to bring new units on. It isn't any different in that regard then playing SCE, or Ghoul Patrol. The difference is that you have to maintain that concentration until the game is won similar to a unit like heartrenders. 

Stopping them, either by zoning or killing the model that puts those units in prime territory to play a role in the game. 

I think two KoS lists will stick around because realistically we lack a mobile, affordable, punchy unit. But, there are definitely reasons to not go that route as a HoS player Pretenders notwithstanding. 

Ironically I don't think most HoS armies include the tools to defeat HoS armies which is an interesting mirror match to say the least. 

6 hours ago, Xyxel said:

What is your gaming experience on maxing up to 6 heroes in 2000 points army? When they lose wounds DP is gained, so its a potential discount to price of those heroes.

I'm usually running 5 (My usual setup has begun to revolve around a Keeper, Great Bray Shaman, 2 Epitomes, and then a revolving 5th slot). I usually find I'd rather have the points for units over the 6th character. 

13 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

I'm usually running 5 (My usual setup has begun to revolve around a Keeper, Great Bray Shaman, 2 Epitomes, and then a revolving 5th slot). I usually find I'd rather have the points for units over the 6th character. 

How well do 2 epitomes perform? I have to admit I've never tried that.

9 minutes ago, spenson said:

How well do 2 epitomes perform? I have to admit I've never tried that.

Best decision I've ever made? It is 400 points but they're so effective. And it means I can equip one with a weapon to take advantage of its 9 attack profile, making one a tailor made seeker missile and the other I can use to support other units as needed. Additionally you're getting 4 re-rollable casting attempts as well as 4 re-rollable unbind attempts. Really after running 2 I just can't see not running 2 in any list I write.  

This is just my personal preference, but I´m a bit disappointed that the Slaanesh tome is so hero-centered.

Massed infantry and cav supported by heroes and warmachines (chariots in this case) was my ideal vision of how an army should look.

I might be mistaken, but I will handicap myself if I play with  minimum leaders/heroes and spend the points on units?

Just by theorycrafting it seems to be better to invest heavily in characters, togenerate DP 

Just now, Are Verlo said:

This is just my personal preference, but I´m a bit disappointed that the Slaanesh tome is so hero-centered.

Massed infantry and cav supported by heroes and warmachines (chariots in this case) was my ideal vision of how an army should look.

I might be mistaken, but I will handicap myself if I play with  minimum leaders/heroes and spend the points on units?

Just by theorycrafting it seems to be better to invest heavily in characters, togenerate DP 

Slaanesh is a really nice army in that any build can work; a KoS on its own, especially in pretenders if you only want one or two heroes. I don't think, from what I'm aware, there's a bad unit in our tome. Some are better than others, but there's nothing I recall that is actually bad. 

So go ahead and make a troop heavy Slaanesh list - it could work well, especially in Pretenders :) 

Got my first pure Hedonites 2k game tomorrow. Up until now I've had a mixed list with Beasts, using Pretenders for a God mode Keeper (Silverslash, Strongest Alone and Hunter of Godbeasts) which has been doing well but I want to got for something more subtle this time. Here is the list I'm thinking about, Invaders host:

Keeper of Secrets (Sinistrous hand, Progeny of Damnation)

Keeper of Secrets (Sinistrous hand, Song of Secrets)

Blade-bringer of Exalted Chariot  (Hysterical Frenzy, Rod of Misrule)

Infernal Enrapturess (Aetherquarts Broach, General: Glory Hog)

Seeker Calvalcade Battalion

5 Helstriders with Spear-claws (Icon)

10 Seekers (Icon + Banner)

10 Seekers (Icon + Banner)

2k on the nose.

Should be command point rich, so have only included 1 general to avoid getting them locked down. Seekers will act as an Alpha Strike and/or clear chaff. Helstrider will focus on objectives while the Keepers and Chariot will hunt down multi-wound units to get some depravity up quickly.

It's low model so might struggle wit board control if I don't get summoning quickly, but with Enratress, Invaders bonus depratity and two keepers hitting turn 2 at the latest that shouldn't be an issue.

Any thought on tweaks/improvements?

Edited by Magnus The Blue

Hi everyone!

Its my first post on this forum.

I have game (2000points) against Seraphon this week so i join to ask everyone what is the weakness points for Seraphon to beat him.

I read a lot about them, and they got a lot of spell power....

Thx!

58 minutes ago, jaivol said:

Hi everyone!

Its my first post on this forum.

I have game (2000points) against Seraphon this week so i join to ask everyone what is the weakness points for Seraphon to beat him.

I read a lot about them, and they got a lot of spell power....

Thx!

Seraphon are quite flexible in how they play, even if they're limited in terms of competitive options. I haven't seen them on the tabletop since GHB2019, so I can't really say specifically, but I'm guessing the primary 3 lists will still be:

1. Skink Saurus focused
  2. Shadowstrike
  3. Engine of the Gods summoners

The issue with playing against Seraphon is that while they're fantastic spellcasters, it's rare to see them really cast spells in turn 2-3 unless they're desperate or penned in. Two main ways of dealing with them:

1. Just run a list with anti-horde capability, but you also want a fast, MSU army with a few small blobs of units you can scatter around to prevent them from teleporting and summoning.
  2. Go hard, go fast with lots of MW (Exalted Chariots are great for this) and give your Keeper of Secrets the Thermalrider Cloak from Aqshy in order to let it get into their backlines and smash the Slann (and any Engines of the Gods).

Having an Infernal Enrapturess or two (summoned in, in all likelihood) helps a lot with keeping the casting to a minimum, too.

• Like 1