Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HERO

AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

Recommended Posts

Has anyone else noticed that the old Exalted Keeper of Secrets warscroll from Monstrous Arcanum is still legal for matched play?

What are people's thoughts on this? She's missing the Hedonite keyword, which kinda sucks, but she preserves the ridiculously good Command Ability (which can compensate for not-striking-last if you fail the Locus of Diversion roll or the like) and still has a boatload of attacks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

Has anyone else noticed that the old Exalted Keeper of Secrets warscroll from Monstrous Arcanum is still legal for matched play?

I wouldn't count on this as anything other than an oversight that will be fixed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

I wouldn't count on this as anything other than an oversight that will be fixed. 

Fair enough. I mean it got its points changed in GHB2019 with an asterisk and everything, so I assumed it was deliberate.

I'm still not sure it's any good even if it is deliberate, but I wanted to see what whackyness people could come up with even though it may not be good without the Hedonites keyword.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rules pondering - a Lord of Chaos with the Mark of Slaanesh can grant run and charge to another unit as his command ability.

So if one were to take Thrillseeker as the command trait would the +3 to run rolls on his existing run and charge ability be extended to the unit? 🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tamthethird said:

So if one were to take Thrillseeker as the command trait would the +3 to run rolls on his existing run and charge ability be extended to the unit? 🧐

No, the Command Trait only applies to the character, its not a transferable ability. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the results of Flying Monkey Con i noticed a rather unusual (to me) Hedonites list - fairly normal depraved drove but with Verminlord Corruptor and a Warp Lightning Vortex. That's not something i've thought about before, but it makes sense - Corruptor is a good performer by itself and Vortex with its d6 mortal wounds every move phase and run/fly denial seems useful either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sobakaa said:

Looking at the results of Flying Monkey Con i noticed a rather unusual (to me) Hedonites list - fairly normal depraved drove but with Verminlord Corruptor and a Warp Lightning Vortex. That's not something i've thought about before, but it makes sense - Corruptor is a good performer by itself and Vortex with its d6 mortal wounds every move phase and run/fly denial seems useful either.

I think allies have legs in a HoS army. I routinely run Kairos in my lists to make Slothful Stupor a real threat and to add magical threat to the list, the Corruptor is a solid hitter with a good spell and can lay down WLC to set up the trap. I'd love to be able to slot in the Warpseer but unfortunately the Corruptor is the only one you can get an ally in HoS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SwampHeart said:

I think allies have legs in a HoS army. I routinely run Kairos in my lists to make Slothful Stupor a real threat and to add magical threat to the list, the Corruptor is a solid hitter with a good spell and can lay down WLC to set up the trap. I'd love to be able to slot in the Warpseer but unfortunately the Corruptor is the only one you can get an ally in HoS. 

What kind of list do you use with Kairos? I like the idea of him and umbral spell portal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kasper said:

What kind of list do you use with Kairos? I like the idea of him and umbral spell portal.

My current list (that I've been having a pretty good run of success with) is:

Pretenders - Ulgu
-Keeper of Secrets - General, Sinistrous Hand, Strongest Alone, Strength of Godhood, Slothful Stupor, Sliverslash (Claws)
-The Contorted Epitome - Hysterical Frenzy, Sword of Judgement
-Great Bray Shaman
-Kairos
-30x Bestigors
-10x Ungors
-10x Ungors
-10x Ungors
-10x Seekers
Depraved Drove
-Chronomantic Cogs

I've taken some inspiration from @CB42's lists for sure. I was using a pretty similar shell but I like what the Seekers bring to the table and the SoJ Epitome is a really solid option. I've taken 2 of the most recent FLGS tournaments with the list and I'm hoping to take it to some bigger events towards the end of this year as well.  

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't you afraid you'll loose your only 2 frontline slaanesh leaders and with that access to summoning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sobakaa said:

Aren't you afraid you'll loose your only 2 frontline slaanesh leaders and with that access to summoning?

In general, the Great Bray Shaman stays fairly far back (20-28 inches from the enemy’s front line) and is the primary source of summoning if things go poorly. Note that the GBS counts as a Chaos Slaanesh Hero due to the Depraved Drove.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CB42 said:

In general, the Great Bray Shaman stays fairly far back (20-28 inches from the enemy’s front line) and is the primary source of summoning if things go poorly. Note that the GBS counts as a Chaos Slaanesh Hero due to the Depraved Drove.

Oh, i missed that he's a slaanesh hero because of the battalion, my bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the Shaman is definitely a hunkered down summoning unit. Additionally I rarely find myself summoning in a TON of stuff - I usually bring an Enrapturess, 30 Daemonettes, and 1 Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot. Given that two of those 3 are also heroes I don't normally have an issue with summoning what I need when I need it. I've stepped back from the threshold of 'this is a summoning army, summon everything' and started viewing it the same way I view BoC summoning which is 'I summon in key pieces when needed to win games but I don't over invest in the capacity'. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's probably been asked before, but how do people arm their ungors? Small units seem obvious to give mauls but what about the 40 man? Given their speed and general likeliness of being mashed up real bad it seems like there is only a small window where spears are better. 3 rows of 13 doesn't seem that much easier to get than 2 rows of 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So Bestigors would have 6” base, +2 from cogs, +3 from shaman, then D6 run with +1 from banner. So with a CP they run 18”. On the charge they get +1 from Godseekers and +2 from Cogs. Meaning minimum 23” charge turn 1. Have I missed anything? First time mixing BoC with another army. 

Edited by Kasper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kasper said:

So Bestigors would have 6” base, +2 from cogs, +3 from shaman, then D6 run with +1 from banner. So with a CP they run 18”. On the charge they get +1 from Godseekers and +2 from Cogs. Meaning minimum 23” charge turn 1. Have I missed anything? First time mixing BoC with another army. 

They have a larger pile in as well, so you can usually get more in base to base than you would expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2019 at 6:40 PM, Satyrical Sophist said:

It's probably been asked before, but how do people arm their ungors? Small units seem obvious to give mauls but what about the 40 man? Given their speed and general likeliness of being mashed up real bad it seems like there is only a small window where spears are better. 3 rows of 13 doesn't seem that much easier to get than 2 rows of 20.

I run my 40 Ungors with swords and clubs. If I charge them in, I can get 2 rows of 20; if I get charged while they’re screening my army, enough of them will die that they won’t fight in 3 ranks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the latest updates for my wendigo army, including what I went with for bestigor conversions.

20190630_090740.jpg

20190630_090840.jpg

20190628_195011.jpg

  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Enoby said:

Here's the latest updates for my wendigo army, including what I went with for bestigor conversions.

20190630_090740.jpg

20190630_090840.jpg

20190628_195011.jpg

Is that a Mawloc keeper of secrets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Is that a Mawloc keeper of secrets?

It is - though with heavy conversions :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Enoby said:

It is - though with heavy conversions :)

The conversions part is pretty obvious :) most mawlocs don't have hands or beast heads. It looks good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019 at 3:35 AM, Kasper said:

So Bestigors would have 6” base, +2 from cogs, +3 from shaman, then D6 run with +1 from banner. So with a CP they run 18”. On the charge they get +1 from Godseekers and +2 from Cogs. Meaning minimum 23” charge turn 1. Have I missed anything? First time mixing BoC with another army. 

You've got it correct - add in a 4" pile in as well for the Bestigor banner. 

On 6/28/2019 at 5:40 PM, Satyrical Sophist said:

It's probably been asked before, but how do people arm their ungors?

Hand Weapons for sure - I wish mine were armed with Hand Weapons instead of spears but I bought them all 2nd hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how Into the Fray works. Is it literally just the first attack the general makes. Or is it the first attack every time they fight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arcce said:

Is it literally just the first attack the general makes. Or is it the first attack every time they fight. 

Its literally just the first attack the general makes - its not very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few questions:

does a Lord of Change/Kairos get affected by an Infernal Enrapturesses Discordant Disruption (mortal wounds on a double)?  Since it’s not a “roll”, but change dice to match highest...I didn’t see it in the FAQ unless I missed it?!?  After rereading both rules, my thought is no, but want to be clear.

Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot: Pungent Soulscent states “at the start of the combat phase”, if the bladebringer is affected by a KoS command ability to attack twice, do they get to use the Pungent Soulscent twice?  My thought is no, you can’t use Pungent twice, but wanted to verify.

Thanks everyone!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...