AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

11 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

What else can we do?

You are a customer => you complain => you get better service (or not)

You are a customer => you cope => they're more than happy to keep on selling you the same meal you dislike (Slaangors ?)

But yeah, you're right, last 100 tournaments we had like 2 scoring lists with 1/4 Beasts of Chaos shooting units (praise the BoC)

There is room for improvement indeed, remember how we went back in 2019-2020 (before the 2nd BT) ? The locusing, the rampaging, the summoning, the customizing, the Fun !

Were we owing the meta like the Sons of Behemat, Seraphons, Lumineths, Idoneths, Stormdrakes, Maw Krushas ? I guess not, we were just A-ranking just like the others.  Are we seeing any HoS in the Worlds since 2020 ?

And for those who are coping with the "our summoning was too stronk", just try to play against a 2000+500 pts Flesh-Eater Courts or multi pinks Legion of the First Prince, or any Nurgle, or Soulblight zombies, or Stellar Seraphon, etc. There are armies with summoning and they aren't getting the same treatement as we do since the last 5 nerfs.

Is GW keeping on ranking us, Hedonites of Slaanesh, The Meme-Tier BT ?

27 minutes ago, Khendall said:

You are a customer => you complain => you get better service (or not)

You are a customer => you cope => they're more than happy to keep on selling you the same meal you dislike (Slaangors ?)

But yeah, you're right, last 100 tournaments we had like 2 scoring lists with 1/4 Beasts of Chaos shooting units (praise the BoC)

There is room for improvement indeed, remember how we went back in 2019-2020 (before the 2nd BT) ? The locusing, the rampaging, the summoning, the customizing, the Fun !

Were we owing the meta like the Sons of Behemat, Seraphons, Lumineths, Idoneths, Stormdrakes, Maw Krushas ? I guess not, we were just A-ranking just like the others.  Are we seeing any HoS in the Worlds since 2020 ?

And for those who are coping with the "our summoning was too stronk", just try to play against a 2000+500 pts Flesh-Eater Courts or multi pinks Legion of the First Prince, or any Nurgle, or Soulblight zombies, or Stellar Seraphon, etc. There are armies with summoning and they aren't getting the same treatement as we do since the last 5 nerfs.

Is GW keeping on ranking us, Hedonites of Slaanesh, The Meme-Tier BT ?

If complaining on forums the developers likely don't even read actually did anything we'd be S-tier by now. You'd be better off giving them snark on Twitter at their official accounts if you want something they'll actually see. Or better yet, email their customer service.

I'm just tired of all the screaming vitriol into the void hoping the right person takes notice. I've sent emails, participated in the community survey, gone to major tournaments, hell I've even been among the top Slaanesh players in the ITC at times when I was able to fit in more events. I've also done my fair share of bitching about the situation on this very forum.

At this point we have what we have. I'll continue to email GW regarding the competitive challenges we face (and for ******'s sake fix Slaangors scroll!), but until we get a true fix we're going to have to find ways to succeed with the tools available to us or just give up.

I don't know about you, but I already have my miniatures, and a tournament community of cool people I like to spend my weekends with, so I'm gonna throw some dice and see what works. I don't plan on buying more (third-party notwithstanding) until things improve however. 

• Like 5

Is that the only leak you guys found?  the other pages were leaked here too??  I didn't see them so I attached them. 

Some good responses and salt on twitter (surprised it's not more salt; perhaps Elon is garnering all that).  But I would be more interested to think about these post GHB 2022 if Troop(ers) are going to be more focussed.  Perhaps Daemonettes will drop in points.  

I guess we'll see.

In the interim an interesting comment was Hedonites start the game with -18 DP since you're going for that 5+ ward 1st turn.  

I guess natural evolution of the game will be daemons have a save that ends up going to a Ward akin to 4th edition Fantasy them having a "daemon save" that ended up being an armour save and an additional Ward save by 8th ed.  Shrugs.

I was hoping someone could clarify for the battalion is the chariot units were sans hero or would a blade bringer on chariot work?

IMG_6733.JPG

IMG_6732.JPG

IMG_6728.JPG

Edited by Popisdead

2 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Is that the only leak you guys found?  the other pages were leaked here too??  I didn't see them so I attached them. 

Some good responses and salt on twitter (surprised it's not more salt; perhaps Elon is garnering all that).  But I would be more interested to think about these post GHB 2022 if Troop(ers) are going to be more focussed.  Perhaps Daemonettes will drop in points.  

I guess we'll see.

In the interim an interesting comment was Hedonites start the game with -18 DP since you're going for that 5+ ward 1st turn.  

I guess natural evolution of the game will be daemons have a save that ends up going to a Ward akin to 4th edition Fantasy them having a "daemon save" that ended up being an armour save and an additional Ward save by 8th ed.  Shrugs.

I was hoping someone could clarify for the battalion is the chariot units were sans hero or would a blade bringer on chariot work?

IMG_6733.JPG

IMG_6732.JPG

IMG_6728.JPG

There was also a page of open play rules, this seems to be everything that's relevant to matched.

Unfortunately the battalions seem to be a dud, since the way they're written they do not include heroes.

• Like 1

Here's my new list I'll be trying out in a few weeks. It's a little reliant on good rolls, but it's entirely possible to get 18 depravity turn 1 if everything goes according to plan:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Godseekers Host
- Grand Strategy: Predator's Domain
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265)*
- General
- Command Trait: Speed-chaser
- Artefact: Enrapturing Circlet
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
The Contorted Epitome (255)**
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation

Battleline
11 x Blissbarb Archers (170)*

Units
10 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (290)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (290)*
- Reinforced x 1
1 x Fomoroid Crusher (100)**
- Allies
1 x Slaves to Darkness Chaos Spawn (55)**
- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh
1 x Slaves to Darkness Chaos Spawn (55)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Battle Regiment

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 100 / 400
Wounds: 125 Drops: 3

• Like 1

I'll be doing a 1.5k point game tonight with the new rules - no clue what I'm bringing yet, but I'm hoping to go for a tankier list. I'll be against Warclans. 

I care less about whether I win or lose and more about seeing how these buffs feel, so I'll report on that! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just had the game, this was my list:

- Army Faction: Hedonites of Slaanesh

- Army Type: Invaders

- Subfaction: The Lurid Haze

LEADERS

Sigvald (265)

BATTLELINE

Blissbarb Archers (170)

Blissbarb Archers (170)

OTHER

Myrmidesh Painbringers (145)

Symbaresh Twinsouls (330)

Slickblade Seekers (230)

TERRAIN

1 x Fane of Slaanesh (0)

TOTAL POINTS: 1455/1500

Unfortunately I can't say loads about the game; I can say that the rally on a 5+ brought two painbringers back (out of 3 dead) which was nice, and the +2 move got the Slickblades in.

The reason I can't say much is because it was a massive stomp in my favour due to amazingly good luck on the Twinsouls where they killed Brutes, Megaboss on foot, and a Warchanter  and then made every save on 9 6 damage attacks (and kept saving everything else too). They annihilated the core of his army with only three deaths due to some ridiculously good rolls. 

So the abilities did seem useful, but I didn't need them because the Twinsouls went to work and the rest of the army (besides Sigvald) did well too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

Just had the game, this was my list:

LEADERS

Sigvald (265)

BATTLELINE

Blissbarb Archers (170)

Blissbarb Archers (170)

OTHER

Symbaresh Twinsouls (330)

Slickblade Seekers (230)

TERRAIN

1 x Fane of Slaanesh (0)

TOTAL POINTS: 1455/1500

Unfortunately I can't say loads about the game; I can say that the rally on a 5+ brought two painbringers back (out of 3 dead) which was nice, and the +2 move got the Slickblades in.

The reason I can't say much is because it was a massive stomp in my favour due to amazingly good luck on the Twinsouls where they killed Brutes, Megaboss on foot, and a Warchanter  and then made every save on 9 6 damage attacks (and kept saving everything else too). They annihilated the core of his army with only three deaths due to some ridiculously good rolls. 

So the abilities did seem useful, but I didn't need them because the Twinsouls went to work and the rest of the army (besides Sigvald) did well too.

Twinsouls are so frustratingly dependent on either matchup or luck. Amazing to hear they did so well for you! I've largely relegated mine to the bench for now, on account of how many 3+ on profile saves are running around at the moment, but I may need to give them another look.

Is an allied Festus the Leechlord our only source of armor debuffs? I've been considering running him alongside some twinsouls to give them some amount of armor penetration, but I'm curious if there's anything I can stack him with.

11 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

Twinsouls are so frustratingly dependent on either matchup or luck. Amazing to hear they did so well for you! I've largely relegated mine to the bench for now, on account of how many 3+ on profile saves are running around at the moment, but I may need to give them another look.

Is an allied Festus the Leechlord our only source of armor debuffs? I've been considering running him alongside some twinsouls to give them some amount of armor penetration, but I'm curious if there's anything I can stack him with.

I think Festus may be, unfortunately. 

Twinsouls are in a weird spot, sometimes they perform amazingly (like my game), sometimes the opponent shrugs their attacks like they don't care. I'm hopefully going to a 1.5k tournament in a couple of weeks; I'm thinking of swapping 5 twinsouls for a Lord of Pain. I could swap 5 painbringers instead, but I like the two I have for holding an objective while being tanky enough to need attention to take off the objective.  

I suppose one thing to note is that I never felt weak in this game; twinsoul luck notwithstanding, I felt like my army helds its own. 

14 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

Is an allied Festus the Leechlord our only source of armor debuffs? I've been considering running him alongside some twinsouls to give them some amount of armor penetration, but I'm curious if there's anything I can stack him with

Hurler of obscenities command trait in Invaders is also a possibility if you dont run lurid haze and make your general a support piece.  I ve had good results with it on a contorded epitome

• LOVE IT! 1

12 hours ago, azdimy said:

Hurler of obscenities command trait in Invaders is also a possibility if you dont run lurid haze and make your general a support piece.  I ve had good results with it on a contorded epitome

Huh, I hadn't considered that. Between hurler of obscenities and Festus we could have a 10 man mob of twinsouls slapping a hero at the equivalent of -2 rend. That's actually kind of a hilarious way to smack down gargants and god heroes, since twinsouls can put out a truly ridiculous amount of wounds.

On top of that, with an epitome and horrible fascination you can keep that god hero from attacking while you proceed to pound it into the ground, and if you don't finish it off and you've cast flaming weapon on the epitome it's more than capable of obliterating it when it finally attacks. 

This actually has some teeth to it.

Edited by CeleFAZE

- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
     - Triumph: Inspired
LEADERS
Lord of Pain (155)*
     - General
Festus the Leechlord (150)*
The Contorted Epitome (255)**
     - General
BATTLELINE
Symbaresh Twinsouls (330)**
Blissbarb Archers (170)**
Blissbarb Archers (170)**
Myrmidesh Painbringers (145)**
OTHER
Blissbarb Seekers (220)*
Fomoroid Crusher (100)*
Blissbarb Seekers (220)**
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
1 x Umbral Spellportal (70)
CORE BATTALIONS
 -  *Battle Regiment
 -  **Battle Regiment
TOTAL POINTS: 1985/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

Here's a quick list for the twinsoul smackdown. Festus' spell also works at range, so it synergizes well with the ranged elements of the list, and the big friendly cyclops, who is basically a permanent resident of my lists, is there to hug a bunch of depravity into our units from the fane.

Edited by CeleFAZE
  • Like 1

So my group are looking at a 1250pt league and I'm thinking good time to finally collect my Slaanesh force. 

I've gone with a Godseekers army leaning on the MW output of the chariots, and using cogs for a +2 to charge for more DP. What do you think? Will be going up against new Sylvaneth, Bloodbound and likely SC with 2 dragons.

- Triumphs:
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265)*
- General
- Command Trait: Speed-chaser
- Artefact: Threnody Voicebox
- Lore of Slaanesh: Pavane of Slaanesh
The Contorted Epitome (255)*
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation
1 x Seeker Chariots (130)*
11 x Blissbarb Archers (170)*
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (145)*
1 x Fomoroid Crusher (100)*
Chronomantic Cogs (45)
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1240 / 1500
Reinforced Units: 0 / 3
Allies: 0 / 300
Wounds: 60
Drops: 1

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 5:02 AM, Starfyre said:

So my group are looking at a 1250pt league and I'm thinking good time to finally collect my Slaanesh force. 

I've gone with a Godseekers army leaning on the MW output of the chariots, and using cogs for a +2 to charge for more DP. What do you think? Will be going up against new Sylvaneth, Bloodbound and likely SC with 2 dragons.

- Triumphs:
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265)*
- General
- Command Trait: Speed-chaser
- Artefact: Threnody Voicebox
- Lore of Slaanesh: Pavane of Slaanesh
The Contorted Epitome (255)*
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation
11 x Blissbarb Archers (170)*
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (145)*
1 x Fomoroid Crusher (100)*
Chronomantic Cogs (45)
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1240 / 1500
Reinforced Units: 0 / 3
Allies: 0 / 300
Wounds: 60
Drops: 1

Looks like a fairly solid little list. We suffer a bit at lower points due to the smaller number of units on the table, so I would definitely focus on summoning what you can rather than chasing after the ward save.

I would recommend flaming weapon on the chariot, it's such a boost to their damage that it'll serve you better than pavane. Pavane is an okay spell on its own, but it's at its strongest on Synessa, where she can hit evasive high-movement heroes with it from across the board. 

I'm not sure I rate the threnody voicebox that highly, but it depends on your meta. If you're dealing with beatstick heroes with lots of weapon profiles it can be decent, but absent that I'd much rather have the circlet for control. With more and more armies having rally bonuses it can be nice to be able to keep them locked in combat, and with a speed-chaser general you still have the option to retreat and charge on top of that. That way you deny a retreat on their turn and a rally in yours, and you can move on to wherever else you need your general while you finish off the survivors with something less important. I also think the lash may have some play for depravity generation, but really the cameo is such a solid winner that I rarely deviate from it.

My majestic troupe of Hedonites has now fought in three battles, and been thoroughly trounced in all three (bare in mind that these were my first three games of Age of Sigmar ever!) Firstly they were massacred by a Tzeentch coven - couldn't even vaguely keep up with all the spells that were flying around. Secondly they were outdone by whatever those doepy new High Elves are called - managed to summon my Keeper of Secrets, but too late to turn the tide. And finally, and it was very final, a complete pasting from the mega-gargants. How the ****** does anyone manage to stop those huge fat pillocks from doing whatever they want!? 

It seems a steep climb lies ahead. But I shall persevere. I'm determined to retain a deeply Slaaneshi attitude towards things. For one thing, my army was far more gorgeous than their opponents every time, cavorting across the field of battle in fabulous violets, iridescent gems and perfect gleaming golds! And even if my devotees of the Dark Prince fall, Slaanesh will always have the last laugh. The aelves and the gargants may have smote my Entrapturess, but her dying song will haunt them forevermore, robbing them of their peaceful slumber and gnawing at their subconscious. Enemies may think they can triumph on the field of battle, but we, the Slaaneshi, will ultimately glut ourselves on their pathetic souls. 

So there. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Wordy9th said:

Sounds like you had fun at least!

What was your list? :)

Invaders host...

Lord of Pain

Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot 

Shardspeaker

Chaos Sorcerer Lord

11 x Blissbarb Archers

10 x Symbaresh Twinsouls

10 x Chaos Warriors

5 x Hellstriders

1 x Warshrine

1 x Cygor 

Dreadful Visage

Just a lot of my favourite models thrown together, really. 

I tried the new rules and got to test out a few things I've yet to use - my game opportunities have been infrequent at best and my tournament focus has been on other armies - and I think they are a nice, but not game-changing boost. It definitely will not shoot the faction straight to the top tables but it's a nice alternative to just waiting for the big summons and gives a bit more incentive to using smaller summons to retain the bonuses.

In my game, I got to 18 Depravity/the 5++ by the bottom of my turn two leading into round three which helped offset my opponent's damage in their subsequent turn after they won priority; it's going to be super useful against slower armies that have weaker shooting and from which you can easily farm Depravity, like Nurgle. For a lot of armies though it's business as usual, especially if you're like me and you don't abuse Fomoroids or other Depravity 'farms.' Even against another struggling faction in Ossiarchs I still felt how weak we are on objectives; our only proper high body count unit is one that folds like paper and should'nt be used sacrificially, and everything else is too expensive to fit much of it in.

Here's hoping for some good point decreases in the GHB, as otherwise I'll be waiting for a new battletome before taking Slaanesh to another tournament and it pains me to say that given they are by far my most played army. For reference, it's less to do with how 'good' the army is but more that it's playstyle is so stale now which points reductions could change by making other units more viable. It's just not as fun or engaging as the other factions I own, which is pretty bad given it's Slaanesh of all things. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 1

Yeah man I feel you, there's some good points here (unlike in the battletome hoho) which reasonably sum up my own issues with the army.

So far, I've had more than 10 games with it, (I've won my fair share too) and my issue is that nothing seems to 'do' anything. There is virtually zero synergy across the army and everything is pointed on the assumption that you're rolling out an exalted chariot every turn and you're pushing mad exploding sixes every round. 

Here's a few bullet points that summarises my main issues with the army except the obvious such as points and bad warscrolls.

• Locked into the lurid haze subfaction. Sigvald is such a powerful piece that almost requires you to take this subfaction, which then locks you into some insultingly bad command traits and artefacts. You can't even take warlord without sacrificing the one drop which feels so essential to surviving and getting that potential double turn with summoning. Missing out on choosing artefacts and command traits isn't a feel good moment. 
  • Locked into taking non-Slaanesh options. Be'lakor, Cockatrices, the Krondspine. All units I didn't get into the faction for. 
  • Non-congruent rules. Keeper with -1 rend and 7 average damage,, Daemonettes on 4s and 4s. This isn't so much about the warscrolls being bad but not making sense or having any satisfaction in what they do.
  • No synergy. Taking units with acquiescence to give reroll ones to both ranged and allied units is about the extent of it. Sigvald and the Keeper being a very expensive missile option.
  • Stale gameplay: farming depravity forces a gameplay style that acts against the instincts of a strategy game, namely destroying units so they don't kill you.

I still enjoy Slaanesh and these points aren't meant to hate on the faction, but rather bring to light some design issues that lie outside of the power/tier dynamic which I hope will be addressed in the coming book. I'm really interested to know if having more units on the board as a result of lower points will make the experience more of a satisfying one, or if pushing around an extra 150-200 points will help to alleviate some of the core issues with the book (likely not!)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wordy9th said:

I'm really interested to know if having more units on the board as a result of lower points will make the experience more of a satisfying one, or if pushing around an extra 150-200 points will help to alleviate some of the core issues with the book (likely not!)

I don't think it will "cure" our book, but I think it will give a more satisfying experience simply because we could build a more rounded army.

As an example list, if we knocked 20% off all our units (which I think is the summoning tax, though realistically a 20% drop is very unlikely):

LEADERS

Sigvald (210)

Glutos Orscollion (380)

Lord of Pain (125)

Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (120)

BATTLELINE

Blissbarb Archers (135)

Blissbarb Archers (135)

OTHER

Myrmidesh Painbringers (115)

Myrmidesh Painbringers (115)

Symbaresh Twinsouls (265)

Slickblade Seekers (185)

Slickblade Seekers (185)

TERRAIN

1 x Fane of Slaanesh (0)

TOTAL POINTS: 1970/2000

Note: I'm not saying this would be balanced, just using this to illustrate my point.

In the above list, there's a bit of everything and some space to add your own design - for example, you could trade out Slickblades for more archers. One thing to say about our units, besides Slaangors and the KoS, is that they do their job even if they are too expensive. This is in comparison to something like Blood Warriors, who will never live up to their name no matter their points.

So in the above list, your army has multiple ways it can take on a situation which allow the army to feel more varied. For example, against hordes the Twinsouls would be good, against monsters Glutos can tank, against shooting units Sigvald and the Slickblades can get to them early, the archers can hold objectives in the mid protected by Painbringers, and the Shardspeaker can try use her ability and inevitably roll a 2. 

In real Slaanesh, you would have to forgo many of these options (or at least lose a lot of functionality) because everything's so expensive. That leaves you with an anaemic list with no wiggle room besides your core options. This means that every list lives and dies on its 'gimmick' with no room for mistakes, and no chance for experimentation. 

I also play Slaves to Darkness, and while they do have access to more buffs (from the overtuned Chaos Sorcerer that you will definitely include in every list), their warscrolls are often bland and usually weaker than ours. I've found them fun to play because they're cheap and you can take a wide variety of units to fill out different parts in an army.

If Slaanesh got considerably cheaper, it wouldn't solve a lot of the issues you have, but I think it would make them a lot more fun to play.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Slaanesh Battleforce last Christmas (impulse buy) and it has been sitting on my shelf for a few months now. I think I am finally going to start assembling them and building an army.

I just bought myself a Lord of Gluttony because it's such a gorgeous model so I'm not far off from having a 1500 point army.

If get a Lord of Pain I could do this list.....

Is this list any good?

I don't have a Battletomb I'm just messing around on the AoS builder

Screenshot_20220607-133441_Bromite.jpg

Edited by AirbrushThreepwood
  • Like 1