AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

56 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

If you know anyone with a lot of DoK Witch Aelves they may well have a lot of spare whips which are considerably shorter and less fragile than the proper Hellstrider ones.

That said I find my Hellstriders are very rarely charging anything to activate the weapon bonus in any case, so choice of loadout probably doesn't matter all that much, really.

I built my Hellstriders out of Seekers kit-bashed with the whip and buckler arms from the Witch Aelf kit, and I much prefer them to the actual Hellstrider kit. The arms match up so perfectly that it almost feels like GW intended for Slaanesh-DoK kitbashing.

4 hours ago, docofallplagues said:

Are they worth magnetising? Did my first magnetised model not too long ago so wouldn't mind some more practice.

I did superglue the arms so it could be changed in the future as opposed to plastic glue. I don t think magnetising is worth it. Aos 2 allowed command group to carry different gears than the unit without effect so in a unit of 5 you only needed 1 to have 1 hellscourge to say that s what the unit has. Not sure if that changed with aos 3

1 hour ago, dicebod said:

Quick rules query - has it been ruled anywhere how Pavane of Slaanesh interacts with heroes that have a random move characteristic (i.e., Loonboss on Mangler Squigs)? 

22.2.4 suggests to me that you would just roll the appropriate random value and use whatever that is.  The rule says 'if you need to know the value of a random move characteristic... ...make the random characteristic role shown on the unit's warscroll.  The roll is the move characteristic... ...for the rest of the phase.'

No reference to it having to be rolled in the movement phase or anything, so I would say your opponent just rolls the dice in the hero phase and you use that value for the spell's effect.

• Like 1

This week I got to play the 4 mega gargant list with the white dwarfs additions
It was a taker tribe list with 3 artefacts of power
Gate breaker with amulet of destiny
Kraken eater with -1 to hit in melee and sandals giving extra rend and damage  (general)
Kraken eater, warstomper
My list:
Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Pretenders Host
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
Triumphs: Inspired
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)
Keeper of Secrets (420)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Command Trait: Master of Magic
- 2nd Command trait : monarch of lies
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Spell: Slothful Stupor
*Glutos (475)
Spell: battle rapture
* Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)
- Allies
11 x blissbarb archers (180)
5 x hellstriders (135)
5 x hellstriders(135)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Mesmerizing mirror (80)

We played Apex predato which really really favors gargants with their ability to break the rules on scoring
My opponent has 4 drops and I have 3, I decide to go first
I slothful stupor the kraken eater general
I score agressive expansion with belakor on on the right objective and glutos and keeper on the left scoring 5
On his turn he takes the objective back because of mightier gets rightier rule  scoring 5
I get the priority on turn two get crippling famishment in the kraken eater general and cast the mesmerizing mirror between 2 megas. I kill the warstomper with glutos and the keeper and I m now on 9 points
My opponents on his turn 2 fail to kill Belakor and goes to 8 on the score board as I used dark master on the gatebreaker
Turn 3 I win the priority and give my opponent the double turn. I remove the middle objective
He scores monstruous takover goes to 11
My turn 3 is where it goes down the drain with the magic phase failing me. I fail crippling famishment and slothful stupor making my opponent really happy.
I summon 30 deamonettes from the fane near the far right objective. The daemonettes fail the charge. Belakor goes in by himself and does 10 damage
Turn 4 priority we both roll a 1 and my opponent takes the turn all too happy. The kraken eater kills belakor and he s now on 18
My turn 4 I cast cripple famishment on the gatebreaker and slothful stupor on the general I m in combat with I send the 30 deamonettes on the kraken eater and leave him on 4 wounds and score 0 point this turn despute my hard work
My opponents win the priority turn 5 . His gatebreaker charges glutos despite crippling famishment rolls two 6s. He kills glutos, the keeper dies from his general attacks and he finishes the deamonettes with the other kraken eater now on 3 wounds and his score is now 23
My turn 5 I summon 5 seekers and charge the kraken eater on 3 wounds and kill him taking the objective and the monster bonus with zero battletactics left for me to achieve and the final score is 11-27 for my opponent

Afterthoughts: I m really happy with the mirror and it feels a lot more useful than cogs in the list. It provided a lot of depravity as I summoned 30 deamonettes, an enrapturess and 5 seekers this game. The strategy was sound and if the dice god had not failed me on both the stupor with reroll and crippling famishment in the same turn it would have been a very different ending. I was in it the first 3 turns while the scenario highly favored sobs ( some consider this scenario to be an auto win for them)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

Seems we got a mention in the last metawatch - nothing groundbreaking, but at least they're aware of where we sit tournament wise :)

Screenshot_20210910-140227_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210910-140255_Facebook.jpg

Oof.

Requires 9 of the bottom to get up to 11+ 4 or more wins. 75 4+ wins are within the top 6, 52 4+ wins with the rest. Additionally, the majority of 5 wins sit among a small selection of armies. To no one's surprise we see the usual suspects up there. Although IDK have dropped off the map.

However, the positive part that they've actually acknowledged there is a balance issue (unlike the 40k article).

Personally, I've taken a step back from AoS for now. FAQs for FAQs and general frustration with GW has pretty much taken the joy out of the game for now. On the upside I've discovered other skirmish games (having your "army" be a handful of models has been a really nice change of pace). I just want to make it clear this ain't some dramatic "I QUIT!" post. Just burnt out, it is supposed to be fun after all, and I hope you all keep having fun with both HoS and AoS. I'll probably stick my pristine and glorious mug in every once in awhile.

In the immortal words, I'll be back. Probably. Very likely. 🤗

• Like 5

On 9/10/2021 at 6:00 PM, pnkdth said:

Personally, I've taken a step back from AoS for now. FAQs for FAQs and general frustration with GW has pretty much taken the joy out of the game for now. On the upside I've discovered other skirmish games (having your "army" be a handful of models has been a really nice change of pace). I just want to make it clear this ain't some dramatic "I QUIT!" post. Just burnt out, it is supposed to be fun after all, and I hope you all keep having fun with both HoS and AoS. I'll probably stick my pristine and glorious mug in every once in awhile.

Hope the break helps bring some joy back to the game :) To be honest, with how long it may take to see some changes in Slaanesh (December at the earliest I reckon), it might be a nice change if and when you come back to a better Slaanesh. 

I hope to see you back when you want to be back, but you definitely made the right call to stop when burned out :)

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, DrThunder said:

Quick rules question from a Beast player that would like to expand into Slaanesh. This may have been covered.

With the new coalition rules, if I bring in a unit of Bullgors do they still get the Euphoric Killers allegiance ability?

They do not unfortunately as Euphoric killer only applies to Hedonites units in the new tome. They do get the mark Slaanesh however and you can get a few other buffs that way

• Thanks 1

So I’ve had to take a hobby break from Slaanesh (I keep multiple projects to avoid army burnout). Finally finished sculpting my Valkia the Bloody conversion since an awesome guy on FB sent me some DoK wings. Shameless plug of my work (painted pictures to follow soon). Just have to sand down some edges that were sculpted last night. 

C3A75378-B6C5-468B-A203-852DA4F9732B.jpeg

C4B30730-691E-423D-B878-091393763A23.jpeg

• Like 4

So with the Orruk book finally being leaked for all the world to see, it definitely feels out book maybe was made for third after all. Both 3rd edition books really take away what the subfactions bring, leaving only a single buff. Even other allegiance abilities went away and moved to command traits or are just gone. we just have a bit more CT/Artifacts than normal. Obviously the style is of a second edition book. 

For example, stormcast do not just natively get -1 to hit anymore when they drop down from the heavens. That's a command trait that does it. Ironjaw players used to enjoy being able to fight by using Mighty Destroyers, a free +1 to charge, and a once per game +1A. The fighting in hero phase is gone, the charge is gone, and the +1A is gone and replaced with a once per game +1 Charge and an increase of rend by 1.  Some rather big changes! 

What this could look like in a future Slaanesh book would likely mean vastly decreased artifact choice. Ironjawz alone used to have 9 artifacts, down to 3 (megaboss only). Had 9 traits, down to 5 (3 for megaboss, 2 for shaman). spells went from 6 each for bonesplittaz and ironjawz, down to 4 each. 

If they decided to keep the 3 subfactions and keep the benefits minimal, we might be fine in that regard since most of faction buffs still don't apply much to us. I would expect fewer spells, but hopefully more useful spells since our lore is quite the stinker outside the healing spells.

Warscrolls seemed fairly bare with not too much going on at times. Felt a lot what we saw in our warscrolls with just how barren they are. 

Overall: I could see us getting a tome Celestial and calling it there for a long time. Warscrolls are fine (sans slaangor), just an update on perhaps some core stuff and that could be it. 

• Like 3

Got in a local one-day team tournament today, which was actually a lot of fun. I tried out a list using two large squads of foot blissbarbs, which while rather swingy were still exceptionally good at removing or diminishing key targets. The Contorted Epitome continues to be an unfortunate disappointment, and I don't foresee including it in my list again any time soon (though as a summoning piece I can see some value). Sigvald always surprises me with his resilience, but it's so critically important to be careful with your target selection, and line up your charges to minimize return damage. Also a word of advice while using him: do not get greedy with your charging. If he can make it in with what you rolled, keep it. In my hubris I rerolled a 7 to a 2, missing the charge by less than an inch and eating a countercharge from phoenix guard and a frostheart anointed the next turn. From a combination of finest hour, heroic recovery and mystic shield he survived long enough to tie up more than double his points for enough time to clinch the win, but I would've preferred he tore apart half the squad before they got to strike in the first place instead.

I definitely missed the +1 charge of godseekers, though the ambushing from lurid haze was so critical to the scalpel style of play we center around that I'm not sure I'd be willing to switch back from it any time soon, unless I needed the extra few points that seeker chariot battleline would afford me.

While the event itself was not a great test case for our faction as a whole (my partner ran SoB, which gave us resilience and capturing power that we really can't achieve one our own), it definitely gave me insights into potential routes to build towards in the future. I may explore using a mercenary gargant in future lists, but the lack of the amplified objective presence their own allegiance provides gives me some pause.

Edited by CeleFAZE
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Carnith said:

So with the Orruk book finally being leaked for all the world to see, it definitely feels out book maybe was made for third after all. Both 3rd edition books really take away what the subfactions bring, leaving only a single buff. Even other allegiance abilities went away and moved to command traits or are just gone. we just have a bit more CT/Artifacts than normal. Obviously the style is of a second edition book. 

For example, stormcast do not just natively get -1 to hit anymore when they drop down from the heavens. That's a command trait that does it. Ironjaw players used to enjoy being able to fight by using Mighty Destroyers, a free +1 to charge, and a once per game +1A. The fighting in hero phase is gone, the charge is gone, and the +1A is gone and replaced with a once per game +1 Charge and an increase of rend by 1.  Some rather big changes! 

What this could look like in a future Slaanesh book would likely mean vastly decreased artifact choice. Ironjawz alone used to have 9 artifacts, down to 3 (megaboss only). Had 9 traits, down to 5 (3 for megaboss, 2 for shaman). spells went from 6 each for bonesplittaz and ironjawz, down to 4 each. 

If they decided to keep the 3 subfactions and keep the benefits minimal, we might be fine in that regard since most of faction buffs still don't apply much to us. I would expect fewer spells, but hopefully more useful spells since our lore is quite the stinker outside the healing spells.

Warscrolls seemed fairly bare with not too much going on at times. Felt a lot what we saw in our warscrolls with just how barren they are. 

Overall: I could see us getting a tome Celestial and calling it there for a long time. Warscrolls are fine (sans slaangor), just an update on perhaps some core stuff and that could be it. 

Judging from the current design philosophy, I have to agree. With a decent points revision (and a slaangor makeover) we'll be in a serviceable spot for sure.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 9:22 AM, CeleFAZE said:

Judging from the current design philosophy, I have to agree. With a decent points revision (and a slaangor makeover) we'll be in a serviceable spot for sure.

I agree.

Honestly, just a point decrease for a few units and Slaangor rewrite. That is all we need.

Let us pray to Slaanesh that GW takes a look at our survey data.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Sorrow said:

I agree.

Honestly, just a point decrease for a few units and Slaangor rewrite. That is all we need.

Let us pray to Slaanesh that GW takes a look at our survey data.

I think you're right. There's a lot we could benefit from, but not a lot we absolutely need. That's not to say we'd be perfect with better points, but I think we'd feel much less restricted in what we could take. 

I've been playing a bit of Slaves to Darkness, a battletome some AoS personalities really rate, but when you look at their forum on this site it seems most people are negative about it. I see it from both sides - on one hand, the battletome is pretty fun and there are a lot of buffs and cool control moves you can do that make it interesting to play. On the other hand, only about two units feel good to use without buffs (marauders and Archaon) - everything else relies on these buffs and/or control tricks to work, otherwise you're left with lackluster warscrolls. 

It's almost the opposite battletome to ours, where we have very few buffs and high points but usually pretty good base warscrolls, S2D have low points and good buffs, but some really poor base units. I think in some ways, it's a case of the grass being greener on the other side. 

It's admittedly more fun to build an S2D list, even a bad one, as you can think on all the little buffs you'll give them and how each unit/ability can help the other. But on the other hand, when the buffs go badly or a condition isn't met (e.g. a charge bonus), S2D can be a massive drag to play as what you do on the tabletop is totally different to what you would expect in the lore. I think there are also far more bad warscrolls in S2D - as in, units that will be poor no matter the cost, with cultists being the worst offenders and in all honesty the concept of Darkoath and generic chaos monsters feels totally underutilised. I'd even say that around 50% of the warscrolls in S2D feel like they were tagged on with no real place for them. 

I mention this as, as mentioned before, a lot of AoS personalities really rate the S2D book and strongly dislike ours. That's fair enough, but after going back to the S2D book a little bit, I think the only real difference is fun when building lists, and I find Slaanesh more fun to play in general. 

That said, I would say the Lumineth book is the highest quality battletome they've released for AoS and I'd prefer every battletome was of the same rules quality. 

• Like 1

I must be in the minority, because I actually think the Blades of Khorne book is very well designed. You can go INSANE horde, monster mash, or elite troops. The problem isn’t that book, it’s books like Luminoth, Seraphon or Tzeentch that pulled out the hallucinogens when writing. 

I’m primarily a Slaanesh fan. But I can admit our book, in a vacuum, doesn’t have the internal synergy of BoK. 

also, the new app is up in beta and it’s awesome. 

Edited by TimeToWaste85
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 4:57 PM, Enoby said:

That said, I would say the Lumineth book is the highest quality battletome they've released for AoS and I'd prefer every battletome was of the same rules quality. 

I think we could do with a more synergistic battle tome but not anything so overtuned as LRL; they're over-designed to the point where they don't really have any appreciable weaknesses anymore (except to massed mortal wounds, and even then they're one of the armies most able to deal with it given their easy access to 5++ bubbles). 

We could definitely do with an overhaul of our factions, perhaps split along the lines of Slaanesh's 3(4) biggest faces right now: Sigvald, Glutos and the Twins. Just spitballing, but for instance: 

The Vainglorious Host (Sigvald) 

• Preening narcissistic footsoldiers who prize swordplay above all. Emphasis on Twinsouls, Painbringers and their Daemonette groupies. The more they hurt the enemy, the more powerful they get. 
  • Sadistic strikes: Vainglorious Host units gain an extra -1 rend on 6s to wound. 
  • Sigvald buffs Vainglorious Host units -- perhaps Sigvald generates a +1 to-hit bubble as his sycophants strain to impress him. 

The Debauched Host (Glutos) 

• Emphasis on the more debauched aspects of Slaanesh worship: Shardspeakers, Slaangors, Fiends etc. This host is all about hurting themselves or their allies in order to empower themselves. 
  • Can inflict mortal wounds on themselves in exchange for bonuses, e.g. Slaangors take D3 mortal wounds to increase charge range, Shardspeakers use their or their ally's pain to feed their spells for casting bonuses, etc. etc. 

The Prodigal Host (Twins) 

• Emphasis on Daemons and summoning. Initially small in number and fragile, but can overwhelm the army with summons if not denied. 
  • Glass cannony with an emphasis on finesse strikes using Keepers, Twins, Seekers and chariots. Bonuses to charge and lots of retreat and charge, but fragile. 
  • Summoning is most potent in this host (maybe the only host with access to summoning?) with their getting a Stormcast-esque super deepstrike, with daemons manifesting at 7" but taking a negative to hit if they do so. 
  • Can be either more casty or more fighty depending on which Twin is taken/worshipped as Slaanesh's most important child. 

This is just off the top of my head, but I think it's representative of the sort of fluffy, interesting mechanics we could actually have if our last book wasn't just a half-baked rehash of the previous one, left by Jervis on his way out the door. 

Edited by LeonBox
typo
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hopefully from what we've seen of HoS, SBGL, the new SCE, and OWC that have a more streamlined set of warscrolls means that those outliers like Lumineth might get toned down when they eventually get their 3.0 book. We can but hope but it does seem like every so often a Battletome/Codex really excites the developers and they just go nuts with it. 

Looking at the bonesplitterz in particular in the upcoming Warclan tome, it feels they got nerfed in the same way our Hedonite of Slaanesh tome did. GW removed the allegiance ability they had against monsters, they removed the spells that made them work, completely reshuffled the battelines moving each unit battleline in a specific subfaction forcing you to have little variety of units in your lists. That s my second army after Hedonites where I no longer have the battlelines to play a 2k match play anymore upon a new book release (well with slaanesh I had the deamonettes but they are not competitive to bring as your battleline units). Their Warscrolls lost many abilities without access to unique enhancements like the new stormcasts got which usually offset that loss, the loss of allying any warscroll from the warclan book that is not a bonesplitters, loss of horde discount hurts them the most as a an army with zero monster and only low wounds heroes, hordes of troops is pretty much all they can do but at what price now

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LeonBox said:

I think we could do with a more synergistic battle tome but not anything so overtuned as LRL; they're over-designed to the point where they don't really have any appreciable weaknesses anymore (except to massed mortal wounds, and even then they're one of the armies most able to deal with it given their easy access to 5++ bubbles). 

We could definitely do with an overhaul of our factions, perhaps split along the lines of Slaanesh's 3(4) biggest faces right now: Sigvald, Glutos and the Twins. Just spitballing, but for instance: 

The Vainglorious Host (Sigvald) 

• Preening narcissistic footsoldiers who prize swordplay above all. Emphasis on Twinsouls, Painbringers and their Daemonette groupies. The more they hurt the enemy, the more powerful they get. 
  • Sadistic strikes: Vainglorious Host units gain an extra -1 rend on 6s to wound. 
  • Sigvald buffs Vainglorious Host units -- perhaps Sigvald generates a +1 to-hit bubble as his sycophants strain to impress him. 

The Debauched Host (Glutos) 

• Emphasis on the more debauched aspects of Slaanesh worship: Shardspeakers, Slaangors, Fiends etc. This host is all about hurting themselves or their allies in order to empower themselves. 
  • Can inflict mortal wounds on themselves in exchange for bonuses, e.g. Slaangors take D3 mortal wounds to increase charge range, Shardspeakers use their or their ally's pain to feed their spells for casting bonuses, etc. etc. 

The Prodigal Host (Twins) 

• Emphasis on Daemons and summoning. Initially small in number and fragile, but can overwhelm the army with summons if not denied. 
  • Glass cannony with an emphasis on finesse strikes using Keepers, Twins, Seekers and chariots. Bonuses to charge and lots of retreat and charge, but fragile. 
  • Summoning is most potent in this host (maybe the only host with access to summoning?) with their getting a Stormcast-esque super deepstrike, with daemons manifesting at 7" but taking a negative to hit if they do so. 
  • Can be either more casty or more fighty depending on which Twin is taken/worshipped as Slaanesh's most important child. 

This is just off the top of my head, but I think it's representative of the sort of fluffy, interesting mechanics we could actually have if our last book wasn't just a half-baked rehash of the previous one, left by Jervis on his way out the door. 

Something like:

Vainglorious host:

Sadistic Strikes: Attacks by friendly Slaanesh units that roll an unmodified 6 to wound gain an additional -1 rend.

Mirror Guard: Myrmadesh Painbringers and Symbaresh Twinsouls may be selected to pile-in within 6" of enemy units and may pile-in an additional 3" in the combat phase

Exemplar of Excess: Sigvald may be your general in addition to your chosen general.

Martial Depravity: At the end of your battleshock phase you gain d3 depravity points if any enemy models were slain by attacks from friendly Slaanesh models during the preceding combat phase. In addition, instead of summoning a unit in your turn, you may spend 6 depravity points in your hero phase to provide up to d3 friendly Slaanesh units one of the following bonuses until your next hero phase (different units may select different bonuses): +1 attack to all weapons, +1 to wound, or +1 to save

Debauched Host:

Masochistic Glee: During your hero phase any number of friendly Slaanesh units may take d3 mortal wounds. If they take damage in this way this unit may select one of the following bonuses until the beginning of your next hero phase: +1 to charge rolls for every mortal wound received, immunity to battleshock, or +1 to casting and unbinding rolls for every mortal wound received.

Pleasure from Pain: Slaanesh units in your army have a 6+ ward.

Lord of Debauchery: Glutos Orscollion may be your general in addition to your chosen general.

Gorge on Depravity: At the end of your battleshock phase gain d3 depravity points if any of your units received wounds that were not negated this player turn. In addition instead of summoning a unit this turn you may spend 6 depravity points in your hero phase and select d3 units, you may heal these units for d3 damage, or if no wounds have been suffered by these units your may return slain models to these units with a combined wounds characteristic of up to d3. You may select the same unit multiple times.

Prodigal Host:

Dance of Death: Slaanesh daemon units in your army may retreat and charge in the same turn. In addition Slaanesh daemon units in your army do not need to pile-in towards the closest enemy unit when they make a pile-in move.

Grandiose Entrance: Slaanesh daemon units in your army may be set up in reserve in the realm of chaos instead of set up on the board during deployment. You may set up one unit in the realm of chaos for every unit that starts on the board. At the end of any of your movement phases you may set up a unit from reserve anywhere on the table outside of 9" of an enemy models. Any units set up this way may change the lowest die rolled for any charge rolls made that turn to a 6. Any units not set up by the 4th battle round are considered slain.

Progeny of the Divine: Dexcessa and/or Synessa may be your generals in addition to your chosen general

Avatars of Depravity: Gain d3+1 depravity points at the end of your battleshock phase. When summoning a unit using the Feast of Depravities allegiance ability, if you choose to set up the unit within 12" of either Dexcessa, Synessa, or a Keeper of Secrets you may deduct 3 from the depravity point cost of the summoned unit.

Edited by CeleFAZE
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

Something like:

Vainglorious host:

Sadistic Strikes: Attacks by friendly Slaanesh units that roll an unmodified 6 to wound gain an additional -1 rend.

Mirror Guard: Myrmadesh Painbringers and Symbaresh Twinsouls may be selected to pile-in within 6" of enemy units and may pile-in an additional 3" in the combat phase

Exemplar of Excess: Sigvald may be your general in addition to your chosen general.

Martial Depravity: At the end of your battleshock phase you gain d3 depravity points if any enemy models were slain by attacks from friendly Slaanesh models during the preceding combat phase. In addition, instead of summoning a unit in your turn, you may spend 6 depravity points in your hero phase to provide up to d3 friendly Slaanesh units one of the following bonuses until your next hero phase (different units may select different bonuses): +1 attack to all weapons, +1 to wound, or +1 to save

Debauched Host:

Masochistic Glee: During your hero phase any number of friendly Slaanesh units may take d3 mortal wounds. If they take damage in this way this unit may select one of the following bonuses until the beginning of your next hero phase: +1 to charge rolls for every mortal wound received, immunity to battleshock, or +1 to casting and unbinding rolls for every mortal wound received.

Pleasure from Pain: Slaanesh units in your army have a 6+ ward.

Lord of Debauchery: Glutos Orscollion may be your general in addition to your chosen general.

Gorge on Depravity: At the end of your battleshock phase gain d3 depravity points if any of your units received wounds that were not negated this player turn. In addition instead of summoning a unit this turn you may spend 6 depravity points in your hero phase and select d3 units, you may heal these units for d3 damage, or if no wounds have been suffered by these units your may return slain models to these units with a combined wounds characteristic of up to d3. You may select the same unit multiple times.

Prodigal Host:

Dance of Death: Slaanesh daemon units in your army may retreat and charge in the same turn. In addition Slaanesh daemon units in your army do not need to pile-in towards the closest enemy unit when they make a pile-in move.

Grandiose Entrance: Slaanesh daemon units in your army may be set up in reserve in the realm of chaos instead of set up on the board during deployment. You may set up one unit in the realm of chaos for every unit that starts on the board. At the end of any of your movement phases you may set up a unit from reserve anywhere on the table outside of 9" of an enemy models. Any units set up this way may change the lowest die rolled for any charge rolls made that turn to a 6. Any units not set up by the 4th battle round are considered slain.

Progeny of the Divine: Dexcessa and/or Synessa may be your generals in addition to your chosen general

Avatars of Depravity: Gain d3+1 depravity points at the end of your battleshock phase. When summoning a unit using the Feast of Depravities allegiance ability, if you choose to set up the unit within 12" of either Dexcessa, Synessa, or a Keeper of Secrets you may deduct 3 from the depravity point cost of the summoned unit.

Love it! Especially love the Marauder-esque "change the lowest die to a 6" ability, which goes nicely with 6 being Slaanesh's holy number. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LeonBox said:

Love it! Especially love the Marauder-esque "change the lowest die to a 6" ability, which goes nicely with 6 being Slaanesh's holy number. 

At this point I'm tempted to just write my own battletome for us and submit it to GW with a proposal for freelance rules writing. They obviously need someone who's interested in exploring background-oriented rules for our next update. The only problem is that they could run into issues with work-for-hire if they are already working on similar rules, so I'll need to include language that gives them permission to do so even if they don't have any interest in bringing on more writers, which is the most likely outcome.

I'm also in the process of writing warscrolls for a lord of pain on Exalted seeker-wyrm and shardspeaker on Exalted seeker-wyrm for fun to give us a mounted hero option.

At this point I just want our rules to feel like they really represent our force as it stands in-universe.

Edited by CeleFAZE
  • Like 2