AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Hi all

I'd really appreciate some help with my list as I haven't played a game yet and the 3.0 points changes have thrown me off balance. I'm quite relaxed about how competitive it is, I just need it to be 2k points! I bought models I liked the look of... 

So far I have built:

11 Blissbarb Archers

10 Blissbarb Seekers

10 Twinsouls

Glutos

Sigvald

Shardspeaker

Converted Lord of Pain

Total is 2035 points, annoyingly.

I've also got a unit of Spire Tyrants wielding Myrmidesh shields who were going to be 2 blobs of chaos warriors. If things get really bad I do have Archaon on a shelf somewhere. I have a keeper and 10 daemonettes for summoning.

I figured if I made the Lord of Pain a general then 2x5 twinsouls and the blissbarbs give me enough battleline. But I can't figure out what to do.. I haven't built 5 of the seekers yet so these could be slickblades, but that would be even more points, yes?

Basically I'm sitting with a heap of models and a headache, and I'd be sooooo grateful for any help in tweaking the list down to a playable 2k.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Hi all

I'd really appreciate some help with my list as I haven't played a game yet and the 3.0 points changes have thrown me off balance. I'm quite relaxed about how competitive it is, I just need it to be 2k points! I bought models I liked the look of... 

So far I have built:

11 Blissbarb Archers

10 Blissbarb Seekers

10 Twinsouls

Glutos

Sigvald

Shardspeaker

Converted Lord of Pain

Total is 2035 points, annoyingly.

I've also got a unit of Spire Tyrants wielding Myrmidesh shields who were going to be 2 blobs of chaos warriors. If things get really bad I do have Archaon on a shelf somewhere. I have a keeper and 10 daemonettes for summoning.

I figured if I made the Lord of Pain a general then 2x5 twinsouls and the blissbarbs give me enough battleline. But I can't figure out what to do.. I haven't built 5 of the seekers yet so these could be slickblades, but that would be even more points, yes?

Basically I'm sitting with a heap of models and a headache, and I'd be sooooo grateful for any help in tweaking the list down to a playable 2k.

To be honest, I think the list you have is pretty good (despite being 65 points over) so you can tweak that a bit and get to a pretty good level :)

My recommendation would be:

Invaders (Lurid Haze for Sigvald missile)

Lord of Pain (general)

Glutos 

Sigvald (general)

Shardspeaker (general)

11 Blissbarb archers

10 Twinsouls

5 Blissbarb seekers 

5 Hellstriders 

I'd probably recommend the extra enhancement battalion (warlord?) to stick the rod of misrule on the shardspeaker :)

Sigvald is a great missile, you have a fantastic tank in Glutos, twinsouls do tonnes of damage, and you have good ranged support too. 

• Thanks 1

If you want to sneak under 2000 points with the models you have you could swap 5 exalted Seekers for the Daemonettes, which would let you keep the twinsouls in a more effective 10 model unit and put your points total somewhere round 1960 I think.  Otherwise grabbing some Hellstriders as Enoby suggests would be a good choice.

Personally I'd build the second set of exalted seekers as Slickblades, which are quite fun to zoom around with, but double blissbarbs probably works too.

• Like 1

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Invaders Host
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Dexcessa, The Talon of Slaanesh (280) in Battle Regiment
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140) in Battle Regiment
- General
- Command Trait: Delusions of Infallibility  
- Artefact: The Rod of Misrule  
Synessa, The Voice of Slaanesh (260) in Battle Regiment
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)
- Allies

Battleline
11 x Blissbarb Archers (180) in Battle Regiment
5 x Hellstriders with Hellscourges (135)
5 x Hellstriders with Hellscourges (135) in Battle Regiment

Units
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230) in Battle Regiment
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230) in Battle Regiment

Endless Spells & Invocations
Chronomantic Cogs (45)

Core Battalions
Battle Regiment

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 360 / 400
Wounds: 109

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Selpharia said:

I feel like that list might like Blissbarb seekers more. Dexcessa is already going to be the same sort of melee bully the slickblades are, and the striders ware solid walling chaff.

Yeah I just built them as slickblades, but I’ll try them as proxy’s for the archers 

2 hours ago, Nagashfan said:

Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140) in Battle Regiment
- General
- Command Trait: Delusions of Infallibility  
- Artefact: The Rod of Misrule  

If your opponents harbour anything like the hatred mine do for the Enrapturess, she's gonna get focused hard. It's more expensive but I find the Epitome a better rod bearer because of its protection against ranged MWs. 

Edited by LeonBox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LeonBox said:

If your opponents harbour anything like the hatred mine do for the Enrapturess, she's gonna get focused hard. It's more expensive but I find the Epitome a better rod bearer because of its protection against ranged MWs. 

Yeah I just have a hard time spending that much on the epitome. I’ll try to hide the IE just to use her item

2 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys a question about sigvald weapon. It says wounds cant be negated.  It means no normal saves and ward save? Thx!

Only affects Ward saves and similar abilities, not normal saves or defenses that don't negate saves - like Morathi's Iron Heart of Khaine. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys a question about sigvald weapon. It says wounds cant be negated.  It means no normal saves and ward save? Thx!

They still get to make normal saves, but no ward saves :) It's especially good now as ward saves have become much more common on big monsters with the amulet of destiny  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AngryPanda said:

Now that the new edition and it’s FAQs have been out for around a month, what are your guys general experiences with the army? Are Painbringers terrible after losing the reroll saves? 

I've only had a limited number of games (5? Won all but 2, which were a tie and a loss) but thus far I've done well.  Slaanesh doesn't have the overwhelming power of my other army, DoK, but its not bad. The game I lost was also a game where I was on track to table my opponent or leave them with nothing on the table to my army which was (post summoning) north of 1500 points.  

Everything is overcosted, but our Summoning is very strong.  Most of of the time, I'm summoning something good every turn after the first - the "worst" I've had to settle for is an exalted chariot, which is far from bad (probably my favorite unit we have, honestly).  It's definitely a toolbox though - sometimes what you need is more killing power (exalted chariot on turn 2-3) and sometimes what you need is just bodies to exist on an objective (daemonettes turn 4-5).  Sometimes, what you need is the potential mortal wound output you can get from a KOS with Dark Tempations and rolling for 6s on wound rolls.  

Not to mention that you can get surprising reach by moving a hero and then summoning a unit well outside of where your opponent may have assumed you'd end up.  

Some units, like Daemonettes and KOS, are mostly useful just from summoning as the tax on them feels pretty oppressive. 

I'm hoping to try post update painbringers soon - I think there're expensive, but I think the math says not much more than anything else.  Based on observations of other players and games (and especially chaos warriors), I think early opinions of 3e vastly undervalued a free +1 to save on a unit and its relative value.  They also have MW, which are extremely valuable in a Meta where save stacking is the power play. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

does anyone else think that the bodies from Stormcast Vindicators, the new models, will be perfect for Myrmadesh? Im strongly considering. 10 of them for $50 with the arms leftover from making Twinsouls sounds about right

I think they might be a little too big to fit comfortably on 32mm bases?  But I'd love to hear otherwise, I'm also in the market for suitably swanky armoured bodies I can stick the spare Painbringer arms on.  Chaos Warriors seem the obvious shout, but they're not clean enough for my tastes, I think.

4 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

Now that the new edition and it’s FAQs have been out for around a month, what are your guys general experiences with the army? Are Painbringers terrible after losing the reroll saves? 

I've found them a lot better than previously thought, including Painbringers (though the rerolls helped a lot more than the +1 to save, they're not awful - perhaps controversial but I think they're in a better state than chaos warriors as they can actually do a bit of damage). We're not overwhelmingly strong, but I've not felt frustrated even when I lost - it's usually been my fault, or at least poor luck at play rather than the army lacking in something. Importantly, I've seen a lot more new players win with Slaanesh, which means we're not quite as finnicky as we were in AoS 2 as we have access to many more buffs. Interestingly enough, in three games I've seen from new players, they've said Painbringers were their MVP. I've personally not found them MVP material though. 

I've found our biggest issue is that we start with a really small army and so have very little board presence initially, though our summoning means the presence decreases at a much slower rate compared to other armies. 

I did have another game recently with a similar list, though I decided to try Pretenders (it wasn't for any good reason - Invaders or Godseekers would have been better, but I wanted to try Pretenders for the Rod of Domination, which unfortunately never went off)

My list was 

Lord of Pain (general) - Hunter of Godbeasts, Inspirer, Rod of Domination

Glutos

Synessa

Dexcessa

5 Painbringers

10 Twinsouls

11 Blissbarbs

Spell portal 

Cogs

To keep it short, everything performed well besides Synessa who was just refusing to do anything besides a randomly high burst of damage against some Kruelboyz in combat (before being shot off the board by mortal wounds). I lost in the end, but it was my fault as I pulled a risky gambit that relied on me not being double turned, but I ended up getting double turned and it went very downhill from there. 

Glutos was an absolute MVP, tanking a Rogue Idol and buffed Kruelboyz (doing mortal wounds on 5+s). In the end, he took 30 damage, but his healing (heroic healing and his command ability on a single remaining Kruelboy kept him coming back from the brink). He made up for all the times he did nothing in combat by putting 13 wounds on the rogue idol and about 20 on the Kruelboyz (including overkill, which healed him 10). 

Twinsouls did a tonne of damage and cleared 400 points a single round of combat with a KoS's command ability. They then failed every save in retaliation from a counter charge, which was unfortunate. 

My gambit was basically leaving my big objective open and charging Dex to the right flank, hoping they'd send some units there to chase her and their big stuff to come down the middle to get chewed up by Twinsouls and shot by Synessa while Dex left any stragglers to take their big objective. It was working, and had I gotten second turn priority (I went first) I would have almost certainly won the game as Glutos would have killed the idol before it could heal, and Synessa would have done damage to the brutes as Dexcessa capped their back objective with little challenge - not to mention I had 12 DP exactly by the end of turn 1). Unfortunately, as it ended up happening, Synessa was shot to death by 5 mortal wounds and Dexcessa was dogpiled by more orks which killed them. Glutos was hurt even more and the idol was healed 3 by the healing beat as the orks buffed themselves more with their own allegiance. Mostly, them killing and tying up most of my stuff in the double turn meant they came too far ahead on objectives and by the time I'd cleared their stuff, it was impossible to win on points. 

As for what I learned, I think the spellportal is a cool gimmick, as are the cogs with Synessa, but I am thinking it may be better to just have a cheap screen taken from BoC to try mitigate double turns. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

Quite simply: if I take a strong list (Glutos, warded Keeper, Siggy, Invaders host) I win, and if not I lose. Glutos and Sigvald are generally MVPs -- Glutos is such a toolbox and pretty potent in combat if he gets a choice target, and Siggy murders anything he touches. The Keeper remains too swingy to be reliable in combat, and remains mostly useful as a cost-inefficient way to let Siggy double pile-in before the opponent can answer him. 

I haven't tried Painbringers yet as I have yet to finish painting mine and am reluctant to proxy. 

In a moment of questionable sanity I decided to paint 10 slickblades all in one go.

It took 2 solid months if regular hobby time but man am I proud of these. Definitely need a break though!

75304EE8-41D4-4130-8A2A-28446B2E0F8D.jpeg

930F9603-C545-44C6-B5F4-D185DF2B133B.jpeg

1BC331BD-CC36-4479-971C-E9A3F5043FB2.jpeg

857D94DF-66A9-4387-A733-7F8D31F7A055.jpeg

Edited by dicebod
Edited to remove some blurry photos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

2 hours ago, dicebod said:

In a moment of questionable sanity I decided to paint 10 slickblades all in one go.

It took 2 solid months if regular hobby time but man am I proud of these. Definitely need a break though!

Beautiful work but I second questioning your sanity! I don't know if I could handle painting two units at the same time (and in fact have handed my own Exalted Seekers off to a commission painter). 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Selpharia said:

What is that pink paint called?  It’s so striking!

Thank you! The pink is Warlord Purple from Vallejo Game Air. This picture is blowing it out a bit, it’s a tad more understated in person!

• Thanks 2

I did 5 slickblades in one batch, but that took long enough for me, 10 would be an alarming prospect!

But whilst we're sharing photos the sun finally stopped microwaving my room long enough for me to put the last touches on everyone's favourite fancy lad:

E7Eb1yUXEAsNYWb.jpg.7e82e87d2a3e2a2b9a87a668229eddbc.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4