AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

1 hour ago, Grimrock said:

Got a game against another slaanesh player last night. He was pretty new to the book so hadn't had a chance to tweak his list yet, but the mirror match was pretty brutal. He ran pretenders with two keepers, exalted bladebringer, enrapturess, in the sybarites and 2x20, 1x10 daemonettes in the revelers. I had a keeper, exalted bladebringer, epitome, enrapturess, masque, in sybarites, 1x30 daemonettes, 2x5 hellstriders and 2x5 seekers. 

Scenario was knife to the heart. He chose to go first to try for the alpha and moved half his army up (general, chariot, 20 daemonettes) while keeping the other half back to defend the objective. Unfortunately for him due to scenery and deployment he failed his chariot charge and the daemonettes were too far out. That was the only turn he got. I charged his general with a keeper and chariot, killing it with just the chariot. His chariot and forward daemonettes died to a contorted, daemonettes, and a unit of hellstriders. Locus and mirror meant he only got to attack with his damonettes and kill a few of mine. The masque and one unit of seekers started to flank.

I got the double, hit his enrapturess and 10 daemonettes in the backline with my masque and seekers, charged my keeper into his and sent my other heroes into his last unit of daemonettes. Locus whiffed on both sides so my keeper went first and one shotted his, and my masque and seekers killed his enrapturess. He had 46 depravity but no heroes left so we called it there.

So for anyone planning on running fewer heroes make sure you have at least one that's extremely well protected. He could have come back that round and done some real damage but losing that last hero clinched it. Also when a glass cannon hits a glass cannon, stuff dies shockingly fast. Go figure haha.

How did the Masque fare? I'm curious and I've heard of/seen relatively few examples of it being played.

56 minutes ago, Rentar said:

How did the Masque fare? I'm curious and I've heard of/seen relatively few examples of it being played.

Pretty well actually. Speed 10 with run and charge got her around a screen and into the back line at the start of turn 2, and the extra attacks with rerolls did 4 wounds to the enrapturess in cover. The flying pile in could've allowed her to land close enough to the keeper for a double activation if I had thought of it at the time.

I've tried her a couple times now and she tends to be good for her cost. She has a big tool kit of abilities, but her damage is a touch low. Good at clearing out chaff or basic heroes. Seems to definitely beat out the viceleader and worth the 120 if you have space in a list. 

I've tried her a couple times now and she tends to be good for her cost. She has a big tool kit of abilities, but her damage is a touch low. Good at clearing out chaff or basic heroes. Seems to definitely beat out the viceleader and worth the 120 if you have space in a list.

would u take her over the Infernal Enrapturess?

2 hours ago, blubearbare said:

Would u take her over the Infernal Enrapturess?

That would be a tough call. I think having a single enrapturess sitting on the fane is pretty foundational for a summoning point and consistent depravity, but I would definitely take the masque over a second one. The increase in damage, consistency, and mobility are pretty huge.

Edited by Grimrock

On 5/20/2019 at 10:53 PM, CB42 said:

So looking towards the minimum number of purchases: One more start collecting box, the new Hedonites of slaanesh battletome, a Keeper of Secrets, a Contorted Epitome, and the Fane of Slaanesh.

In your purchases, you’d end up with a little over 2000 points of units.

One thing worth noting: With these purchases, you’d either want to build 2 Bladebringers on Exalted Chariots, or you’d want to build 1 Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot and 2 Seeker Chariots (instructions for Seeker Chariots can be found online).

Tentative list, Godseekers Host:

Leaders: Keeper of Secrets (General, Thrill Seeker, an artifact of your choice, spell: progeny of damnation), Contorted Epitome (spell: hysterical frenzy), Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot (spell: lash of Slaanesh), Infernal Enrapturess (spell: soulslice shards)

Battleline: 30 Daemonettes, Seeker Chariot, Seeker Chariot

Other Units: 10 Seekers, 5 Seekers

Battalion: Supreme Sybarites

It’s not a perfect list, but I think it matches up reasonably well against semi-competitive but not tournament-level lists. Quick ways to improve it even further: Buy 30 more Daemonettes, a box of 5 Hellstriders, pick up Chronomantic Cogs off of eBay... and if you really want to splurge, maybe find a way to fit a second Keeper of Secrets in there.

Thanks a ton I appreciate it, just got a deal

off Kijiji and got 30 demonetts,  and 10 seekers for 40 bucks to go with it so have a good core. Let’s me splurge a bit more on 2 keepers I’m thinking now. 

Hi guys! I'm so glad to hear that our God is back (I mean, rulewise back🙃).

I found many hedonites players prefer the syberites to the revelers in terms of battalions. Is CP so important than mortal wounds these days? Sorry for my silly question since I haven't been playing the game for a long time.

Also, is there any good combo using our new terrain of fane? I'm considering exploiting the enrapturous, but still seeking other ways (bacause this is my favorite design of model in the game!)

r190525.jpg

Edited by Dr.E
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr.E said:

I found many hedonites players prefer the syberites to the revelers in terms of battalions. Is CP so important than mortal wounds these days? Sorry for my silly question since I haven't been playing the game for a long time.

I feel Syberites is taken so often because we have a lot of heroes in our list and getting them all down in one drop is very important. But CP is very important to us due to the Keeper's command ability. 

1 hour ago, Dr.E said:

Also, is there any good combo using our new terrain of fane? I'm considering exploiting the enrapturous, but still seeking other ways (bacause this is my favorite design of model in the game!)

I've found it's good for single use items, such as the Cameo of the Dark Prince - you can get the command point and then trade it in for rerolls to hits. Even just taking a MW for a turn can give you all the rerolls you need - especially if you opponent gets a double turn as it lasts until your next hero phase. My games have all been over by turn 2 so I've not seen our summoning in action properly, but it's a useful boost. I would even think it's worth taking an 80 point Slaaneshi Exalted Hero of Chaos just for a cheap summoning anchor that hides behind the fane - 80 points to ensure you always can summon is worth it imo.  

• Like 1

The lack of FAQ for what will nearly be a month is odd. Perhaps our book is just really well designed and all questions are just variations of the rules writer going "Do we REALLY need to answer this?"

Also i heard a rumor some BoC Slaanesh list took a tourney. Anyone confirm/deny this? 

10 hours ago, carnith said:

The lack of FAQ for what will nearly be a month is odd. Perhaps our book is just really well designed and all questions are just variations of the rules writer going "Do we REALLY need to answer this?"

Also i heard a rumor some BoC Slaanesh list took a tourney. Anyone confirm/deny this? 

I doubt it. There are quite a few odd interactions that require a FAQ. I'm guessing they are finishing the last bits and it will come next week.

7 hours ago, Kasper said:

I doubt it. There are quite a few odd interactions that require a FAQ. I'm guessing they are finishing the last bits and it will come next week.

Was merely a joke based on no faq yet

Fought against beasts of chaos running a desolating beastherd. 

Invaders

keeper skintaker

Syll’Esske 

epitome rod of misrule 

vice

Bladebringer exalted blade of symmetry. 

2x30 daemonettes

5 hellstriders. 

Had a lot of command points and while I forgot to not keep my generals separate, both of them still fought well

On 5/25/2019 at 6:16 PM, Enoby said:

I would even think it's worth taking an 80 point Slaaneshi Exalted Hero of Chaos just for a cheap summoning anchor that hides behind the fane - 80 points to ensure you always can summon is worth it imo.  

Thanks for your advice, Enoby. I'll be actually playing my enrapturous to do a similar thing. She won't loose her fighting performance at the back (y'know it's mostly based on the shooting), while working as a summoning anchor near the fane. Though I'm not so sure of the benefit of 1DP/turn, but it's free bonus anyway.

And I'm also considering hiring the Masque as a cheap distracting model. Her new 4++ would help her to be durable a bit, I guess?

41 minutes ago, Dr.E said:

Thanks for your advice, Enoby. I'll be actually playing my enrapturous to do a similar thing. She won't loose her fighting performance at the back (y'know it's mostly based on the shooting), while working as a summoning anchor near the fane. Though I'm not so sure of the benefit of 1DP/turn, but it's free bonus anyway. 

And I'm also considering hiring the Masque as a cheap distracting model. Her new 4++ would help her to be durable a bit, I guess?

I can understand the desire to keep her way out of danger, but I really like being able to force your opponent to reroll sucessful casts.

Edited by Kasper

35 minutes ago, Kasper said:

I can understand the desire to keep her way out of danger, but I really like being able to force your opponent to reroll sucessful casts.

24" on the disruption means that if the Fane is dead centre of a 4x6, you can hide her and still cover everything but the side edges and the rearmost bit of the opponent's territory.

This is for Head to Head deployments more than Conquest deployments, but in nearly every plan, her aura covers almost everything if she's hiding in the middle. 

2 hours ago, Rentar said:

24" on the disruption means that if the Fane is dead centre of a 4x6, you can hide her and still cover everything but the side edges and the rearmost bit of the opponent's territory.

This is for Head to Head deployments more than Conquest deployments, but in nearly every plan, her aura covers almost everything if she's hiding in the middle. 

True that is a good point, but if you have her out in the front to ping with her shooting, she might be within danger of being pinged off by shooters etc. Obviously depends on the list you are facing. On the other hand, if the enemy wastes shooting on her over your other units/heroes, it might actually be ok.

Edited by Kasper

So in my eternal quest to play as many different lists as I can and never get consistent practice with a single list I gave the following a try over the course of a few games this weekend. These were just friendly/testing games against friends rather than a tournament or anything. I picked up a win over SCE and Nurgle and lost a close game against Fyreslayers. 

Godseekers - Aqshy
-Keeper of Secrets - Thermal Rider Cloak, Speed-Chaser, Sinistrous Hand, Slothful Stupor
-Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot - Hysterical Frenzy, Enrapturing Circlet
-The Contorted Epitome - Born of Damnation
-Great Bray Shaman
-Kairos Fateweaver
-30x Bestigors
-10x Ungors
-10x Ungors
-10x Ungors
The Depraved Drove
-Umbral Spell Portals
-Aethervoid Pendulum 

5 Drops, 110 Wounds

• I really like what Kairos brings to the table as an ally. While he represents a loss in DP generation both his built in MW spell and more importantly his ability to cast our spells better is amazing. Being able to push Slothful Stupor through the Spell Portals into a Stardrake during the first turn was such a clutch play for me. 
  • I've tinkered with double keepers but I think I like the Keeper/Exalted Chariot setup a little better. The Exalted Chariot is an absolutely consistent unit that can provide support for Bestigors or do an amazing job of killing off small units of things like Vulkite Berzerkers on its own.  I especially like the Circlet for the Chariot - it both increases its suite of MW aura abilities and ensures you'll keep the unit you need pinned down.
  • Unlocking access to the Epitome feels like such a big bonus for the army. It really helped me layer up my magic defense (proving utterly frustrating for my Nurgle opponent this weekend) while also giving me a strong chance to make sure my Bestigors swing first. I do think I'll probably swap the two spells I take (keeping the same spells but putting Damnation on the Chariot and Frenzy on the Epitome). 

Overall I really like the way this list played out, I was still in drop contention for first turn with 5 Drops (except against my Nurgle opponent). I think I'm pretty committed to the Kairos train at this doing, I've played about 6 games with him now and I just like the added tool box he represents. I think I've also had a chance to really nail down my summoning pool - having access to 30 Daemonettes, 10 Seekers, 1 Exalted Chariot, and 3 Fiends I think pretty much covers all my bases for summoning needs. Hopefully this action reports and the like help other others out to see some different ideas in action. 

• Like 3

Another short question: can I still try the locus when I fail in the ability of the epitome? (which is effectively the locus to multiple targets)

I know the locuses cannot be duplicated for the single target, but is the limitation also applied to the epitome’s too?

Edited by Dr.E

10 minutes ago, Dr.E said:

Another short question: can I still try the locus when I fail in the ability of the epitome? (which is effectively the locus to multiple targets)

I know the locuses cannot be duplicated for the single target, but is the limitation also applied to the epitome’s too?

You can, it s a different named ability. The limitation on the locus ability does not apply to the eptitome ability

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr.E said:

Yes you could just in different order of operations because the locus happens at the end of the charge phase and the Epitome's ability happens at the start of combat. Which until they FAQ it looks like the way to cause units that have fight at the start of the combat phase to fight at the end if you trigger both. The locus would count as neither rule being active then the Epitome would cause them to fight at the end.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2019 at 1:42 PM, carnith said:

Also i heard a rumor some BoC Slaanesh list took a tourney. Anyone confirm/deny this? 

I’ve been playing BoC Slaanesh in two tourneys in the past month and I’ve placed 2nd at the battlegrounds GT in Boston (pre-battletome) and 3rd at the Bay Area Open GT, so maybe that might be it. I’d be curious to hear if anyone else has been seeing tournament success with BoC Slaanesh.

3 hours ago, Draconaught said:

Yes you could just in different order of operations because the locus happens at the end of the charge phase and the Epitome's ability happens at the start of combat. Which until they FAQ it looks like the way to cause units that have fight at the start of the combat phase to fight at the end if you trigger both. The locus would count as neither rule being active then the Epitome would cause them to fight at the end.

Correct, so to answer the original question, you CANT locus a unit after your Epitome fails its Horrible Facination.

the order of operation would be:

End of Charge Phase: Epitome triggers Locus of Diversion...pass or fail

Charge Phase Ends

Start of Combat Phase: Epitome triggers Horrible Facination...pass or faiL

a unit can be under the effects of both Locus and Horrible Facination, however, you CANNOT trigger Facination before Locus as they happen in specifically different phases.  

Hope this makes sense??

• Like 2

23 hours ago, carnith said:

Fought against beasts of chaos running a desolating beastherd. 

Invaders

keeper skintaker

Syll’Esske 

epitome rod of misrule 

vice

Bladebringer exalted blade of symmetry. 

2x30 daemonettes

5 hellstriders. 

Had a lot of command points and while I forgot to not keep my generals separate, both of them still fought well

Glad to see someone showing some support for Invaders.

I think there is a lot of potential in the Invaders host.

depravity generation is better than pretenders

CP generation is better than god seekers.

yes the host ability isn’t great and can be limiting, but it’s the best way of utilising syll’eskke, and can be easily worked around (such as not selecting your keeper as a general).

artifacts have some crackers - I really like beguiling gem for helping your KoS survivability, and rod of misrule is great for CP generation in a CP hungry army.

Godseekers seems v popular with a thermal rider Cloak, but I would be concerned this makes your army quite one dimensional (alpha strike) with a KoS that can be very swingy in combat.

Invaders seems like a solid choice to me!

• Like 1