AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

19 minutes ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

A bit of an odd question for you all. So I have a lot of hellstriders back from when there weren't any other themed slaanesh stuff. Do you think it's possible to build a list around them? I realize that they aren't an ideal unit ... I just have 25 of them after shadow and pain.

For reference, my area is currently in some sort of competitive arms race. (I have no idea why) Like the kindest list I've fought (outside of the couple of newbies) is a Khorne bloodthirster spam.

How about a low drop Seeker Cavalcade list with something like 4x5 hellstriders, 2x5 slickblades, Glutos, Bladebringer on exalted chariot. This should end up at around 2k points. If room, there's always room for more seeker chariots in the Seeker Cavalcade to maintain a low drop. A good mix of spears/scourges gives you a mix of utility and offence. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

A bit of an odd question for you all. So I have a lot of hellstriders back from when there weren't any other themed slaanesh stuff. Do you think it's possible to build a list around them? I realize that they aren't an ideal unit ... I just have 25 of them after shadow and pain.

For reference, my area is currently in some sort of competitive arms race. (I have no idea why) Like the kindest list I've fought (outside of the couple of newbies) is a Khorne bloodthirster spam.

Any hedonites battleline is in a bit of an odd spot right now just because of points cost, and Hellstriders (of both varieties) feel this a bit more than the rest of the book.  They caught a 40-50 points hike for no real reason with the new battletome.

That said, they aren't useless.  14" 2W cav isn't terrible, and they can do a good job of finishing off heavily wounded units with claw spears.  And don't forget that you can get them up to a 3+ save with the Lurid haze command ability - that kind of tankiness is rare in this book.

I suppose you could build a list with big bombs of 10, but they're just too expensive that it's probably not that feasible.  Right now, I'd just take them in units of 5 to fill battleline slots.

• Sad 1

Hi all,

I've decided to keep the previous survey with the suggested changes as we've had a surprising 21 responses already without any sort of publicity outside of this thread - thank you all who've taken part :)

I've made a small update to the survey just asking for general opinions, however if you've already answered this survey - don't worry, I'll be creating a thread in this forum for you to share your thoughts which will also be sent over, so no need to redo the survey (this is more for outside social media users to use) :)

Please find the updated survey here: https://forms.gle/qgBHm3ZoAvWbuTVK8

Note, this is the same survey as the changes were minimal and I didn't want to lose all 21 responses. I will be creating a thread on here tonight, but will be publicising tomorrow as otherwise we'll be competing with new Kroak model on social media. 

(Find the thread here 

Or look on the general AoS discussion forum for the other thread)

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/11/2021 at 6:01 PM, umpac said:

Locus is a lot more potent than LRL double activation. IDK has their own "unreliability" since they have to wait for turn 3 to get the most out of their engages. If high tide was on a 4+ per unit but you had it every turn and your heavies got it on a 3+, would it really be worse? Soulrenders and Cathallars in those factions also have to roll dice to get their abilities off, but then again they are cheaper. The reason Bad moon sucks is because it's a combination of too random (much more so than Locus), has a weak effect and is the only faction ability they have outside Loonshrine stuff. 

I gotta disagree with Locus being more potent. It requires a daemon hero to be in combat for it to work (no more 6" range) and only goes off on a 4+ (or 3+ on an expensive, fragile unit less and less worth taking). The LRL double activation requires no rolls and is faction-wide. It's extremely reliable and the LRL player can plan their combat phase around it. We can do no such thing with Locus, and if we actually need for it to go off in order to ensure a key victory in the combat phase, even taking the artifact that lets you re-roll it isn't anywhere near close to guaranteed. 

On an unrelated note, last night I rolled four ones in a row for the Rod of Misrule. This is pertinent to nothing, but I'm salty as hell about it. 

• Like 3

1) Hello everyone! I have a question about Sigvald and The Light of Eltharion. When Sigvald attack The Light of Eltharion, does Spirit Armour halve the damage of Sigvald's attacks? I asked that because of Shardslash rules-that says that SIgvalds attackes cannot be negated.

2) Can you give any tips, how to play vs Skaven players.(they have a lot of artillery potential)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AronQ_ said:

1) Hello everyone! I have a question about Sigvald and The Light of Eltharion. When Sigvald attack The Light of Eltharion, does Spirit Armour halve the damage of Sigvald's attacks? I asked that because of Shardslash rules-that says that SIgvalds attackes cannot be negated.

2) Can you give any tips, how to play vs Skaven players.(they have a lot of artillery potential)

Unfortunately I believe the damage is still halved as Eltharion doesn't negate the damage. 

For artillery, Lurid Haze teleport can help apply pressure quickly; the goal is to be aggressive so they only get a round of proper shooting at most. It can help to stay out of range besides some cheap chaff (chaos warriors) sitting on points. Once the warmachines move forward, you can make a move. Sigvald is probably the best teleport target 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dicebod said:

I suppose you could build a list with big bombs of 10, but they're just too expensive that it's probably not that feasible.

10 of them with whips + Lurid Haze CA could be pretty annoying to deal with or at least tie up units the opponent wants to be elsewhere. Not the tankiest unit in the game but speed helps with getting there before numbers dwindle too low. If we assume Seeker Cavalcades this could help you dictate the game further.

The extreme choice being to cannibalise and kitbash them into a Slickblades. That said, it be hilarious if one of BR books then makes them more viable again. :D

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

Hellsriders are in a weird spot, they're priced like elites but perform like basic battleline. The one thing they have going for them is speed, but I have absolutely no clue who decided to make them 150 pts. On the other hand, I do think the -1 to hit could be useful as a very forward screen (as in, use them as a screen by charging the front lines of something strong), esp with a +1 save; this also works on shooting units left too close to the front. I think the best use of them would be to use their speed to waste the opponent's actions. It's also battleline that can be included in the Seeker Cavalcade.

• Like 1

Also, this is just a plain bad list but it's good to know we can do include our megebattalion:

Lurid Haze host

Heroes:

KoS (general) with command trait

Contorted Epitome (general) with rod of misrul artifact

Shardspeaker (general) with rr run artifact

Battleline

30 daemonettes

10 daemonettes

10 daemonettes

10 daemonettes

Battalions

Supreme Sybarites 

Epicurean revellers ×2

Hedonite Host 

There isn't really a 'goal' to this list so much as just seeing if I could include the Hedonite Host in something kind of functional. On the bright side there are between 5 and 9 command points first turn, so the KoS should be on a 3+ save for most of the time and having most things pile in twice. It's also a one drop which is nice, which (with the fane) starts with an average of 3 DP without combat needed. 

It won't win much, but it's kind of nice to know it exists.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

Unfortunately I believe the damage is still halved as Eltharion doesn't negate the damage. 

For artillery, Lurid Haze teleport can help apply pressure quickly; the goal is to be aggressive so they only get a round of proper shooting at most. It can help to stay out of range besides some cheap chaff (chaos warriors) sitting on points. Once the warmachines move forward, you can make a move. Sigvald is probably the best teleport target 

Ok thank you! What can you say about fighting vs Lumineth, can you give any tips about tactic or roster? What should I have, archers maybe for DP. Which new cavalery is better - Slickblade Seekers or Blissbarb seekers?

• Like 1

Slickblades and Blissbarbs have different roles, but overall I don't think you'll hear any argument that, overall, Slickblades are the better unit as they're probably the best Warscroll in the entire battletome right now. I can't say much about LRL specifically, just be aware that our squishy and expensive support Heroes are very much in danger from 30" no LOS 5+ MW sniping if a load of Sentinels are taken in decent numbers. But there's not really a lot you can do about that if you cannot deploy outside of their range. 

3 hours ago, AronQ_ said:

Hello everyone! I have a question about Sigvald and The Light of Eltharion. When Sigvald attack The Light of Eltharion, does Spirit Armour halve the damage of Sigvald's attacks? I asked that because of Shardslash rules-that says that SIgvalds attackes cannot be negated.

Altharion is Way better than Sigvald (and cheaper) Keep Away from the Spirit Armor.

Ticks Against LRL. Take a Unit of 15 Sickblades and hope u get the Doppelturn with Luzirad Haze. So on.

36 minutes ago, AronQ_ said:

Ok thank you! What can you say about fighting vs Lumineth, can you give any tips about tactic or roster? What should I have, archers maybe for DP. Which new cavalery is better - Slickblade Seekers or Blissbarb seekers?

It really depends on what the Lumineth player is playing, but at a competitive end there tends to be a lot of MW spam. They're also nasty with bravery mechanics which we have to be careful with. 

Thankfully, outside of MWs, when I've played LRL their damage seems pretty low (cows nonwithstanding). I've not tried this list against LRL but it's held up against MW spam before very well and can hit back. 

Lurid Haze invaders

Glutos, battlerapture (BS immunity spell) - 400pts

Contorted Epitome, general 1, Lurid Haze command trait, Hysterical Frenzy, Rod of Misrule - 210pts

Viceleader, general 2, Lurid Haze artifact, Born of Damnation - 130pts

Battleline

3×5 chaos warriors with shields - 270pts (90 each)

Other

10×Twinsouls (340pts)

5×Slickblades (200pts)

5×Slickblades (200pts)

Seeker cavalcade (140pts)

Wheels of Excruciation (50pts)

Extra command point (50pts)

Most things in this list have a MW save, and you can hide the Viceleader behind Glutos. The Seeker Cavalcade can provide threat but you always want to send the CWs forward to cap objectives before making any moves. The Viceleader is a healbot for Glutos, and it'll be a mistake for the opponent to shoot at him (but many do anyway). The Twinsouls are mostly meant to keep their 5++ until they are safe to strike. Remember the Lurid Haze can give a +1 to save when needed, and summon at 8+ DP rather than saving otherwise you end up with excess.

34 minutes ago, ibel said:

Altharion is Way better than Sigvald (and cheaper) Keep Away from the Spirit Armor.

Ticks Against LRL. Take a Unit of 15 Sickblades and hope u get the Doppelturn with Luzirad Haze. So on.

I foolishly charged Eltharion with Glutos last night, thinking I'd brute force my way through, but his unrendable armour plus halving all damage makes him a super tough nut to crack. Does he also halve MW damage? 

Just now, LeonBox said:

I foolishly charged Eltharion with Glutos last night, thinking I'd brute force my way through, but his unrendable armour plus halving all damage makes him a super tough nut to crack. Does he also halve MW damage? 

He doesn't - in fact, he melts to MWs very quickly (not a good pick against Tzeentch, I found out the hard way!)

• Like 1

I've just posted the survey to all of the Facebook groups and Reddits that I'm involved in; we have 65 answers so far, which is good to see :) if anyone could help me come up with a list of channels or social media personalities who would be good to get in contact with to promote the survey, that would be really helpful

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking for some help.  My daughter has decided to get into AoS with Slaanesh. She has made an outline of a list based on the models she likes. Im looking for help in fine tuning it with abilities, spells, etc.

Basically the list is this: 

3 KoS(can be any variety including FW and the named character) 

30 daemonettes 

9 fiends

Thanks in advance

here my 2cents:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Godseekers Host
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (340)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Command Trait: Speed-chaser
- Artefact: Plate of Perfect Protection
- Spell: Paths of the Dark Prince
Keeper of Secrets (340)
- Sinistrous Hand
- Artefact: Girdle of the Realm-racer
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
The Contorted Epitome (210)
- Artefact: Cameo of the Dark Prince
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)

Units
6 x Fiends (360)

Battalions
Supreme Sybarites (150)
Epicurean Revellers (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Chronomantic Cogs (80)
Malevolent Maelstrom (10)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 89

10 minutes ago, ibel said:

here my 2cents:

- Host: Godseekers Host
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (340)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Command Trait: Speed-chaser
- Artefact: Plate of Perfect Protection
- Spell: Paths of the Dark Prince
Keeper of Secrets (340)
- Sinistrous Hand
- Artefact: Girdle of the Realm-racer
The Contorted Epitome (210)
- Artefact: Cameo of the Dark Prince
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)

Units
6 x Fiends (360)

Battalions
Supreme Sybarites (150)
Epicurean Revellers (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Chronomantic Cogs (80)
Malevolent Maelstrom (10)

Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 89

Thanks, but it has to have the aforementioned units

9 minutes ago, David B. said:

Thanks, but it has to have the aforementioned units

U mean excat These Units ?!

okay than…. take all the Units and... have fun. As lot as Fun u can have with ecxat These Kombo ?!?!

Than try this (the kombo of precisely These Unit Kombo downsize the List Varantz very):

- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
Mortal Realm: Ulgu
Keeper of Secrets (340)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation
Keeper of Secrets (340)
- Sinistrous Hand
Keeper of Secrets (340)
- Sinistrous Hand
- Spell: Born of Damnation
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
9 x Fiends (540)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)
The Burning Head (30)

Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 108

• Thanks 1

Can you custom make a Chronomatic Cog piece? Some steampunk cogs from Michael’s/HobbyLobby/AC Moore, etc will do it (three cogs, size 1/2”, 3/4”, 1”) on a 40mm base will do it. 

I’ll second using the Lurid Haze from WotE book, only one or two keepers as generals (keep the third as a non-general). Those three are half your points. 
ER battalion will soak up the fiends and daemonettes, but you can’t get all 9 fiends in (with or without the cogs). Take battalion with 6 fiends, or skip battalion for all 9. 
make and take the cogs, put all the fiends into a single unit (-1 to hit and wound them). If Haze gives 1 outflank unit, outflank the fiends, cast the Cogs. 
If it gives two, outflank 2 keepers (one general, one regular) cast cogs. 
If it gives 3, do 2 keepers and the fiends. Cast cogs. 
Try to keep the Keeper casting cogs far back and away from dispel range. You need that spell if outflanking. 

33 minutes ago, AronQ_ said:

And one more question, which unit is better and why- symbaresh twinsouls or myrmidesh painbringers? I don't know what to build

I don't think you can answer that straight up, they are different units that do different jobs, which is better will depend on what else is in your list and what you need them to do! 

1 hour ago, AronQ_ said:

And one more question, which unit is better and why- symbaresh twinsouls or myrmidesh painbringers? I don't know what to build

I personally prefer twinsouls, but @zombiepiratexxx is right that they fill different roles; painbringers are good at defending against no or low rend chaff, whereas twinsouls are better at damage or defending against high rend or mortal wounds :)