AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

51 minutes ago, Enoby said:

What rules preview are we hoping for today? Personally, I'm hoping for a look at allegiance abilities, but Glutos and Sigvald are a close second

Allegiance rules would be good, to gauge the way where new Hedonites are going.

I have to say that I am still hoping for a Black Library book or two dedicated to our faction. 

And in Slaanesh name, let them actually win one instead of losing like in every short story.

• Like 3

Top down for me. First set expectations about things like intended playstyle, what we should expect to change with this book (i.e.: just mortals, daemons getting a refresh, is this super locked down or open to mixing with StD etc.). Then with the allegiance abilities.

Are we keeping locuses, double hits on 6 and Depravity? Is that being extended to mortals in some way or is there something extra in there to support mortals rather than the daemon focus we have now?

I don't like the 'opponent strikes last' locus in general. It's too random for my tastes. Hard to plan how you'll play, I don't want to make a charge and hope for the 1/3 to trigger to make it worthwhile and it's just a feel bad for the opponent when it does trigger multiple times in a turn as they just watch their army get removed.

• Like 2

Just purely thinking about the models, is anyone else concerned that they might be monopose? Specifically thinking about the Myrmidesh/Symbaresh and the Slaangor. I'm not sure from looking at the photos that there will be any assembly options. It might work if the Myrmidesh/Symbaresh are intended to be small elite units, but when GW mentions a horde of a Slaangor, do you think a horde will be the same exact 3 models repeated over and over? 

I know this won't be an issue for many people, but it was a big reason why I was turned off the Lumineth. Obviously the Blissbarb and the Seeker variants look great, I'm just thinking of big infantry blobs... Do you think there'll be some scope for re-posing/kit-bashing a little?

Just now, NorthernNurgling said:

Just purely thinking about the models, is anyone else concerned that they might be monopose? Specifically thinking about the Myrmidesh/Symbaresh and the Slaangor. I'm not sure from looking at the photos that there will be any assembly options. It might work if the Myrmidesh/Symbaresh are intended to be small elite units, but when GW mentions a horde of a Slaangor, do you think a horde will be the same exact 3 models repeated over and over? 

I know this won't be an issue for many people, but it was a big reason why I was turned off the Lumineth. Obviously the Blissbarb and the Seeker variants look great, I'm just thinking of big infantry blobs... Do you think there'll be some scope for re-posing/kit-bashing a little?

It's hard to tell, but I think the myrmadesh and twin souls will be easy to repose - even if not intentionally multipose, it looks like it'll at most be snipping off the connector joint to a flat surface and gluing it how you please.

The archers have two handed bows so will be harder, but the ones with only one hand on the bow should be more simple.  

Slaangors look tricky, but again with the shoulder pads, a snip and redo shouldn't be too hard.

Characters, as usual, look to be monopose. 

• Like 1

There's always scope for kit bashing, but most modern GW kits only really go together one way (maybe with some optional weapon arms/heads for variety).  I'd wager a 'horde' of Slaangors is probably more like 9 models, so I don't think it'll look too weird even if you only build them as stock.

• Like 1

I think everything is going to be monopose. But seekers and myrmidesh/symbaresh come with 10 different heads, and with the myrmidesh you can replace some swords with the symbaresh weapons, then you can equip your symbaresh with some myrmidesh swords. As long as one unit have shields and the other dont they will be easily recognizable, that give you a lot of customization to do at least 4 variants of each (regular build, change of head, change of weapon, change of head + weapon) the only tricky one may be the guy with the two handed sword, but it may not be so out of place in a unit were the other 9 guys got shields. Also the leader of the Myrmidesh got a cloak but the leader of the symbaresh got a weird mirror, you can combine this pieces randomly too to create different leaders.

Slaangor will be monopose the same as fiends, but same as fiends the unit will probably be 3-9 models. You can use the one from Dread Pageant to repeat the models only once instead of twice. If they are the same as Fiends the leader of the unit will have a different head for the non-leader variant and probably two pincers instead of a pincer and a weapon, that make for another model not being exactly repeated.

• Like 2

I'm really hoping for Depravity that they do like they did with the Khorne book, so that you have options. I was really suprised when Tzeentch and Slaanesh only got summoning for their mechanics.

There is usually a few articles a day, so maybe we'll get one with some rules a little later. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

What I find interesting is that they specifically note that the woman on the chariot barge is a priestess. This might be telegraphing unique prayers for us, which would be pretty cool.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was just a title, but I'd love it if she had prayers. Even if we didn't have a prayer list (or just 3) it'd be nice to have a way around all of the +3 dispells.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2021 at 5:08 AM, SorryLizard said:

A Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc is considerably beefier than a Tzaangor so I'd imagine if Slaangor are of an equivalent beefiness (with a suitable Slaaneshi spin) that should satisfy the original desire.

They won't be infantry they will be elite infantry like Enlightened.  Same W count, more dmg

On 2/7/2021 at 6:13 AM, Jaskier said:

The Myrmidesh will 100% have a 4+ save at minimum, 

I suspect it will be 4+ as a default not a minimum.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:17 AM, Carnith said:

We need to see how things are changing for the army overall. The masque being poor in depravity generation might not be much of a thing to worry about. 

I don't think the army overall will change much it will hopefully just be refined.  You didn't like the Masque?  I heard she was really good and showed up in most top tournament builds.  Natural heal ability and a flank harassment.  

On 2/7/2021 at 12:24 PM, Sorrow said:

Myrmidesh as battleline? Possibly. They could run with Sigvald, after all, there is something of the Mirror Guard in them.

Symbaresh would work good with Syll'esske host from lore aspect.

Something will have to be BL for Sybarites to not have Deamons.  

On 2/8/2021 at 5:14 AM, Lucentia said:

I'm honestly a little surprised Hellstriders weren't cut for this new book, but I suppose another plastic kit to fill out the roster is worth more than retiring old/bad sculpts.

Cut out?  I think they are good sculpts that still hold up.  They aren't 1992 Era Genestealers or Ork trukks, just 8th ed models (and later 8th).  Plus they fill a good niche.  Unless they change Seekers I can see them sticking around.  

On 2/8/2021 at 6:21 AM, Enoby said:

Interestingly it sounds like we're keeping the hosts

And gaining new battalions making me think we keep what we have!

7 hours ago, SorryLizard said:

Are we keeping locuses, double hits on 6 and Depravity? Is that being extended to mortals in some way or is there something extra in there to support mortals rather than the daemon focus we have now?

I don't like the 'opponent strikes last' locus in general. It's too random for my tastes. Hard to plan how you'll play, I don't want to make a charge and hope for the 1/3 to trigger to make it worthwhile and it's just a feel bad for the opponent when it does trigger multiple times in a turn as they just watch their army get removed.

Locuses have been around for well over a decade in both game systems and Depravity has defined Slaanesh for AoS.  Those are staying unless there is some bizarre shift.  

You could reasonably expect the Activation Wars to go away to some degree but again, Slaanesh has had some form of ASF since I think 2nd ed Fantasy.  The idea of them being quick even in combat is a Slaanesh thing.  Just hoping it's not a wording nightmare.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t count on her actually having any prayers in the vein in stormcasts or DoK but I could definitely see her have a passive ability on the warscroll.  Seeing as slaanesh doesn’t have any other priest keyword models it wouldn’t make much sense for there to be a table just for that one retinue model.  Perhaps they just call her a priestess but she is really a wizard?

I hope they have three different spell lores though much like the Disciples of Tzeentch have for the three different sub factions.  Sybarites, Daemons, and generic mortals would make a lot more sense.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Just purely thinking about the models, is anyone else concerned that they might be monopose? Specifically thinking about the Myrmidesh/Symbaresh and the Slaangor. I'm not sure from looking at the photos that there will be any assembly options. It might work if the Myrmidesh/Symbaresh are intended to be small elite units...

The legs are the same on both units so I suspect they are like the Skull Reaper/Wrath monger box, 10 bodies/arm options etc... but only 5 leg parts to make 5 complete models. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Symbaresh/Myrmidesh are priced similarly to Blightkings/Skullreapers, so I think we can expect them to be comparable. Elite, heavy infantry... maybe Battleline? I don't play either of those armies so I don't know.

Would make sense. Blightkings are battleline and used (practically) exclusively in Maggotkin mortal lists. If they are aiming for smth similar, I'd expect the Symbaresh/Myrmidesh to be battleline too, in order for mortal lists to work.

• Like 1

They already comented about Blissbarb archers being the battleline, since daemonettes (and maybe hellstriders) are gonna be battleline too, i think they already have the mele+ranged(+possibly cavalry) battleline covered. By the way they were talking i bet myrmidesh and symbaresh are not battleline. They still may have special rules like Sigvald making them battleline or something.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yoid said:

They already comented about Blissbarb archers being the battleline, since daemonettes (and maybe hellstriders) are gonna be battleline too, i think they already have the mele+ranged(+possibly cavalry) battleline covered. By the way they were talking i bet myrmidesh and symbaresh are not battleline. They still may have special rules like Sigvald making them battleline or something.

I bet there’s going to be ways to make myrmidesh and symbaresh battleline, and also ways to buff the respected units, through the use of special characters or battalions. I’m hoping that if their warscrolls are subpar/average, strong battalions will make the new mortal units worth taking. 

• Like 1