Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HERO

AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Drib said:

That won't work. You still have to roll one wound roll as each effect is only triggered once as of the Core Rules Designers' Commentary:
 

 

Blast. Here I thought I was on to something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 Not a super competitive list by any stretch, but one I would like to try. The general idea is to first turn engage everything (making sure to use the fane to take a mortal wound on my KoS to hopefully reroll hits), though only the KoS will be actually charging - the seekers will be piling in, and the hellstriders will go for the objectives. I hope to make a relatively safe first turn engagement which will cripple the front lines, and pretty much guarantee most of my models are in their deployment zone. It's a two drop list as well, which is nice.  

Invaders host

Keeper of Secrets 
- General 
- Skintaker
- Thermalrider Cloak
- Sinistrous hand
- Progeny of Damnation 

The Contorted Epitome
 - Sceptre of Domination 
 - Hysterical frenzy

Viceleader 
 - Lash of Slaanesh  

5× hellstrider

5× hellstrider

5× hellstrider 

10× Seekers 

10× Seekers 

5× Seekers 

Wheels of Excruciation

Dreadful Visage 

Prismatic palisade 

Supreme Sybarites 

Seeker Cavalcade 

 1940/2000

Or would it be better to swap two of the endless spells out for an infernal enrapturess (losing the below 50 cp as well)? 

Edited by Enoby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can anyone confirm if supreme syberites is limited to 1 hero in a pretenders host ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Has anyone tried the new battletome using a 1000pts army instead of 2000?

If so, how did you find it so far?

Edited by NinjaBadger7
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Enoby said:

 Not a super competitive list by any stretch, but one I would like to try. The general idea is to first turn engage everything (making sure to use the fane to take a mortal wound on my KoS to hopefully reroll hits), though only the KoS will be actually charging - the seekers will be piling in, and the hellstriders will go for the objectives. I hope to make a relatively safe first turn engagement which will cripple the front lines, and pretty much guarantee most of my models are in their deployment zone. It's a two drop list as well, which is nice.  

Invaders host

Keeper of Secrets 
- General 
- Skintaker
- Thermalrider Cloak
- Sinistrous hand
- Progeny of Damnation 

The Contorted Epitome
 - Sceptre of Domination 
 - Hysterical frenzy

Viceleader 
 - Lash of Slaanesh  

5× hellstrider

5× hellstrider

5× hellstrider 

10× Seekers 

10× Seekers 

5× Seekers 

Wheels of Excruciation

Dreadful Visage 

Prismatic palisade 

Supreme Sybarites 

Seeker Cavalcade 

 1940/2000

Or would it be better to swap two of the endless spells out for an infernal enrapturess (losing the below 50 cp as well)? 

I'd say if you really wanna engage turn 1, pack a set of cogs too. They're gonna be in every competitive Slaanesh list I ever field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rentar said:

I'd say if you really wanna engage turn 1, pack a set of cogs too. They're gonna be in every competitive Slaanesh list I ever field. 

Cogs could certainly work. That said, the two times I've tried them with our new book, I've found that I don't quite get use out of them; either they get unbound or the enemy was close enough anyway. Might have just been bad luck, though - Khorne's a tough one to cast against.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Cogs could certainly work. That said, the two times I've tried them with our new book, I've found that I don't quite get use out of them; either they get unbound or the enemy was close enough anyway. Might have just been bad luck, though - Khorne's a tough one to cast against.   

Start your Epitome WAY back maybe? Maybe it won't get in on turn 1, but everything else will. And subsequently when you summon... Those get the boost too if you can keep a wizard near it/can get a wizard to it.

Especially since you're building a low drop list, you should semireliably be able to get turn 1.

Edited by Rentar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rentar said:

Start your Epitome WAY back maybe? Maybe it won't get in on turn 1, but everything else will. And subsequently when you summon... Those get the boost too if you can keep a wizard near it/can get a wizard to it.

Especially since you're building a low drop list, you should semireliably be able to get turn 1.

Good shout - I'll try keeping her far back and running her to play catch up; with 14+d6 movement she shouldn't be far to the back. 

That said, for whatever reason my epitome is really unreliable at casting; with the reroll and the casting value of 7, you'd expect them to be able to reliably get the cogs or cast hysterical frenzy, but mine seem magically challenged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, NinjaBadger7 said:

Has anyone tried the new battletome using a 1000pts army instead of 2000?

If so, how did you find it so far?

I did a game versus squigs. I brought 5 hellstriders, 30 daemonettes, keeper and a sorc lord on manticore (which can be replaced with an epitome) 

he had a mangler boss, skarsnik, fungoid, 2 squig herds, and 10 bounders in a battalion. 

He went first, he moved up a little. I moved up a little. He got second turn and charged my daemonettes who left just in 3” from all sides that my keeper would get pulled in no matter what. I got locus off on the mangler. Many daemonettes died from a squig here and bounders thanks to itchy nuisance. Keeper piled in and killed the mangler in one go. 

My turn, I did some damage, killed squig herds and moved guys out of combat to a defensive position. Cacophonic choir actually did mortal wounds since it was a bunch of low bravery models. Summoned an  Enrapturess 

double turn. Keeper is free from combat. All that is left some bounders, skarsnik, fungoid and some squigs. Daemonettes with what is left move on the squigs. Manticore goes after the fungoid with 2 wounds left and keeper makes short work of the bounders. Everything dies on his end and he charge skarsnik into my 2 hellstriders, removing them, my only full unit loss, though I have 2 daemonettes remaining. The keeper charges and murders. 

 

Only depravity was from his models as I never took damage. I would have surely lost if the mangler got to attack, but forcing him last just makes him such a non-threat. If anyone want to be a ****** you could take at 1k, 2 keepers, and have 280 points left over, which could be 2 hellstriders, then take 2 endless spells for funsies 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, carnith said:

I did a game versus squigs. I brought 5 hellstriders, 30 daemonettes, keeper and a sorc lord on manticore (which can be replaced with an epitome) 

he had a mangler boss, skarsnik, fungoid, 2 squig herds, and 10 bounders in a battalion. 

He went first, he moved up a little. I moved up a little. He got second turn and charged my daemonettes who left just in 3” from all sides that my keeper would get pulled in no matter what. I got locus off on the mangler. Many daemonettes died from a squig here and bounders thanks to itchy nuisance. Keeper piled in and killed the mangler in one go. 

My turn, I did some damage, killed squig herds and moved guys out of combat to a defensive position. Cacophonic choir actually did mortal wounds since it was a bunch of low bravery models. Summoned an  Enrapturess 

double turn. Keeper is free from combat. All that is left some bounders, skarsnik, fungoid and some squigs. Daemonettes with what is left move on the squigs. Manticore goes after the fungoid with 2 wounds left and keeper makes short work of the bounders. Everything dies on his end and he charge skarsnik into my 2 hellstriders, removing them, my only full unit loss, though I have 2 daemonettes remaining. The keeper charges and murders. 

 

Only depravity was from his models as I never took damage. I would have surely lost if the mangler got to attack, but forcing him last just makes him such a non-threat. If anyone want to be a ****** you could take at 1k, 2 keepers, and have 280 points left over, which could be 2 hellstriders, then take 2 endless spells for funsies 

Awesome, thanks for the summary!

Looks like they can definitely hold their own at that points level, but can see how important the KoS is.

Anything you would change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the epitome in the start? I don’t know if  a keeper at 1k is ideal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On the topic of combos:
Sword of Judgement is amazing on the Exalted Hero of Chaos. Reasons:
1) Exalted Hero gets +1 to-hit against Heroes and Monsters triggering the Sword of Judgement on a 5+ instead of a 6 to-hit.
2) 6's To-Hit still generate an extra hit in addition to the D6 Mortal Wounds. 
3) Exalted Hero gets 2 attack rounds per time he charges, so he does not require the aid of a Keeper (which is good because he can't get it). This pile-in-and-attack-again happens immediately after the first round of attacks.
4) Any time the Exalted Hero kills a Hero or a Monster he doubles the amount of attacks he makes in the next combat phase; if this happens in the enemy phase or after a double-turn, he can re-charge in your own turn for 4d6 attacks hitting on 2s and doing d6 mortal wounds on a 5+ to-hit.
5) Now that Mortal Wounds count for depravity, this isn't literally a waste of time.

I once killed a Necromancer in one combat phase, then double-turned and charged Nagash for 4d6 attacks, re-rolling 1s from Daemonic Power. Every 5+ to hit did d6 Mortal Wounds, and I brought the God of Death down to 1 wound in a single phase (but also killed myself from MW bounceback. D'oh!).

In a Mortal Slaanesh army, he can benefit from the Chaos Lord's run-and-charge Slaanesh mark if you spend 1CP (perhaps gained by the Rod of Misrule artefact?).

Edited by Unit1126PLL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thor said:

can anyone confirm if supreme syberites is limited to 1 hero in a pretenders host ? 

This is correct, you may only take 1 SLAANESH HERO in a Supreme Sybarites battalion in a Pretenders host. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

Are there any interesting combos we've been finding have potential? I haven't had the opportunity to test them yet, but I feel like a lot of the realm weapons that have an effect on a 6 to hit would synergize well with Euphoric Killers. I was eyeing an alpha strike with the Carving Blade and Into the Fray on a Godseekers Lord of Chaos for 4d6 auto-hitting auto-wounding damage with the reaper blade.

I have used lord of chaos with into the Fray in 3 or 4 games now.  I have tried thermal rider, girdle and no artifact on him.  Playing vs ignore rend opponent made it a little less exciting: I have done three damage with daemonized reaperblade so far.  That being said, there's gonna be some games where their general is not 3+/4+ unrendable.  Even without the damage, he's been good.  Might consider having one in list without into the Fray.  His turn to spawn ability can tie a unit up for an extra round, which can be invaluable for keeping your higher priority targets away from shooting for one round.  (Bastiladons chew through daemons, but this guy tied one up all game). The change in base size when he transforms can also pull in nearby units to prevent a charge they were planning on another unit.  (Ok evocators, blast my spawn instead of capturing that objective.). If you are taking seeker cavalcade you can probably achieve a similar effect for 100 pts instead of 140 by piling in to 2.9inches.  

Another one is goblet of draining on bladebringer on exalted seeker chariot.  When it damages a hero roll a d6. 5+ is d3 mortals.  It can hit multiple heroes in hero phase, charge phase, start of combat, actual combat, and with symphoniac command trait, again in start of combat, then 3 of those 5 again in their turn.  So 8 procs per battle round, possibly on multiple heroes.  Let's say you average being near 1.5 heroes: 60 procs per game.  That will never really happen as the heroes will die if you maximize its value, but it's just too fun to think about and not try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contorted epitome, infernal enrapturess, malevolent maelstrom means there are 5 ways their spell does not go off.  Fiends give -to cast, bloab ally gives -to cast, -to hit, and work well with chariots as his spell works similar to the goblet.

Everyone is looking for ways to gain depravity, so I've been trying to find ones that arent focused on that.  You don't need to summon as much if their team is either dead or shut off from magic.

Might be a waste of points, but kairos can add a 6 to a mirror trigger.  Probably not worth it, as most of the time it would add 1, 3 or 5 mortals.

Aqshy realm spells are awesome for the army, but that's true for most armies.

Giving contorted epitome ethereal and rerollable saves with cogs could be fun since it already stops most mortals.  Probably makes their spell the heal. (Specifically for scenarios like 3places of arcane power if your army is lacking in a plan for those ones)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NinjaBadger7 said:

Has anyone tried the new battletome using a 1000pts army instead of 2000?

If so, how did you find it so far?

Played one last night. My army was pretenders, bladebringer on exalted general, infernal, contorted, hellstriders, 30 daemonettes. Up against khorne.

In the beginning I was rolling really poorly so some combats just took forever. Highlights include a summoned unit of 3 fiends doing a single wound to a 4+ save hero, and a unit of 9 bloodreavers lasting 2 turns (not rounds, turns) in combat with 10 daemonettes. General also blew a critical locus roll and died early. It really hurt not having the keeper there to help the daemonettes and give the better locus. I would have had to drop the enrapturess to get one though, which was clutch for generating the last few points for a big summon or two. Also the contorted was fantastic, the mirror was huge even if the combat was a little lackluster.

In the end we played out to the full five turns and it came down to scenario which I won because of the hellstriders launching across the board and just barely grabbing one of my opponents objective. Still could've gone either way if my opponent had made a couple clutch run rolls. Slaanesh feels very... Unfinished at 1000 points. Definitely missing some important synergy without the keeper. Needing a 4+ on a majority of rolls is also really crippling sometimes and you need something to help mitigate that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When should we expect the FAQ to drop based on recent precedence? The book came out two weeks tomorrow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord Slyght said:

When should we expect the FAQ to drop based on recent precedence? The book came out two weeks tomorrow...

I think it tends to be a month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chaos marauders with flails may be a good battline horde choice. So 5 to hit 3 to wounds because of there barabarian hord typically 4 to hit occasionally 2 to wound. Built in reroll 1 to hit.  If You take a chaos sorcerer the slaanesh spell that makes it so you can get +1 to hit a unit if you beat there bravery mostly for hordes. You can get them to 3 and 3 with horde sometimes 3 and 2 rerolling 1. Then take the invader banner for +1 to hit. So 2 and 3 sometimes 2 and 2 rerolling 1 to hit and 6 explode into 3 hits. This could be a good way to deal with with other hordes if you dont want to use BoC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Lord Slyght said:

When should we expect the FAQ to drop based on recent precedence? The book came out two weeks tomorrow...

I was under the impression that they shoot for 2 weeks, but I think khorne was 3 so it's not set in stone. I imagine it depends if the need to do much playtesting or many changes, khorne had at least one significant change so that might be why it took longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey guys. I’ve just gotten back into Slaanesh since my buddy wants to start up Deepkin, and was hoping some of you guys could help me put  together a 1k and 2k list.

 

I have:

1 Infernal Enrapturess

2 Keepers of Secrets, 1 built with a sinistrous hand, the other still NOS. I like Shalaxi but I’m not sure how good s/he is and may just buy another Keeper of Secrets down the line anyway.

1 Syll’Esske

1 Masque

1 Contorted Epitome

Total of 3 SC boxes which include:

30 Daemonettes

15 Seekers

1 Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot (built)

4 chariot kits unbuilt

 

Worth mentioning, I have a SC! Beasts of Chaos and a box of Gors as well.

 

I’m hoping to get 30 more Daemonettes, and 2 more boxes of Beasts of Chaos, but as I don’t have them right at this moment I’d prefer working with what I’ve got.

Edited by Rarity Nouveau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rarity Nouveau said:

Hey guys. I’ve just gotten back into Slaanesh since my buddy wants to start up Deepkin, and was hoping some of you guys could help me put  together a 1k and 2k list.

 

I have:

1 Infernal Enrapturess

2 Keepers of Secrets, 1 built with a sinistrous hand, the other still NOS. I like Shalaxi but I’m not sure how good s/he is and may just buy another Keeper of Secrets down the line anyway.

1 Syll’Esske

1 Masque

1 Contorted Epitome

Total of 3 SC boxes which include:

30 Daemonettes

15 Seekers

1 Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot (built)

4 chariot kits unbuilt

 

Worth mentioning, I have a SC! Beasts of Chaos and a box of Gors as well.

 

I’m hoping to get 30 more Daemonettes, and 2 more boxes of Beasts of Chaos, but as I don’t have them right at this moment I’d prefer working with what I’ve got.

You seem to have what you need for a good army. I suppose, before I give any list advice, how friendly do you want these lists to be? Just to determine the number of KoS to use :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

You seem to have what you need for a good army. I suppose, before I give any list advice, how friendly do you want these lists to be? Just to determine the number of KoS to use :P

My buddies are a little competitive but I don’t plan on taking my daemons to any tournaments any time soon, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rarity Nouveau said:

My buddies are a little competitive but I don’t plan on taking my daemons to any tournaments any time soon, though. 

I've had a lot of luck with hero focused lists, especially KoS focused lists - the locus of diversion, high damage, and depravity points mean that they deal with most things before they get a chance to respond, and then leave the rest of the army as summoning fodder. 

If you're feeling particularly brutal, you could fit 2 KoS and some battleline chaff into a 1k list, along with some endless spells. However, if you wanted a more well rounded list then I'd suggest always using at least 1 KoS along with 30 daemonettes, 5 hellstriders, and a contorted epitome. It's less brutal than 2 KoS, but it gives you a little bit of everything. The rest of your models can come about through summoning, and you'll likely have a lot of summoning to do. 

For 2k, you start to be able to use battalions. I'd suggest the Supreme Sybarites with two KoS, a contorted epitome, and you could go with two bladebringers in there too (think this comes to about 1480), you could then have 30 daemonettes and 2 units of 5 hellstriders to complete your battleline (bringing you to 1980). It's not the most competitive list in the world, but it's well rounded so will give you a good taste of the army and let you see what you like and what you don't like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Enoby said:

I've had a lot of luck with hero focused lists, especially KoS focused lists - the locus of diversion, high damage, and depravity points mean that they deal with most things before they get a chance to respond, and then leave the rest of the army as summoning fodder. 

If you're feeling particularly brutal, you could fit 2 KoS and some battleline chaff into a 1k list, along with some endless spells. However, if you wanted a more well rounded list then I'd suggest always using at least 1 KoS along with 30 daemonettes, 5 hellstriders, and a contorted epitome. It's less brutal than 2 KoS, but it gives you a little bit of everything. The rest of your models can come about through summoning, and you'll likely have a lot of summoning to do. 

For 2k, you start to be able to use battalions. I'd suggest the Supreme Sybarites with two KoS, a contorted epitome, and you could go with two bladebringers in there too (think this comes to about 1480), you could then have 30 daemonettes and 2 units of 5 hellstriders to complete your battleline (bringing you to 1980). It's not the most competitive list in the world, but it's well rounded so will give you a good taste of the army and let you see what you like and what you don't like.

Unfortunately I don’t have any hellstriders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...