AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

21 minutes ago, Elazar The Glorified said:

@azdimy - thanks for sharing, what's the current battalion setup for your list? Just curious. I'm struggling to find enough value from the other battalions to justify going above 1 or 2 drop for the priority by running a Battle Regiment or two but might just be my lists and/or style. 

@Enoby will have a look and a think and come back to you 🙂

I m running 1 warlord, 1 battle regiment and 1 hunter of the heartland in that list but without Be lakor I probably would run a 1 drop to go second every round and avoid the dreaded double turn for our glass army

I think those are good additions to the survey @Enoby Ultimately with COVID doing a number on tournaments, GW isn't going to have as much data to pull from to make changes as it normally would, so I feel the importance of community feedback is more prevalent than ever. The extra questions help better define the problems for them to address, the big uncertainty of course is whether they'll take it on board or not. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Enoby said:

Also, @Sorrow @AngryPanda @Carnith @CeleFAZE @LeonBox @Elazar The Glorified@azdimy @Nagashfan @Jaskier @MothmanDraws @TimeToWaste85 

(I know I've forgotten people - sorry! - I'm very bad with names, but I do remember your profile pics!)

As you're all quite active on this thread/have an interest in the survey, I thought I'd run these questions past you. These would all be in addition to the old questions, but I'm wondering about edits and additions :)

• A "how do you feel" question about each daemon (for points)

• Do you feel that AoS 3 Slaanesh is in a better or worse place than AoS 2 Slaanesh in terms of power

• Much better

• A bit better

• About the same

• A bit worse

• Much worse

•  
  • What would you like to see most in a supplement book or tome celestial (tick all that apply)

• An alternative use of depravity (so not for summoning)

• More support within the allegiance abilities for mortal only armies

• A rewrite to the Slaangor Warscroll

• More hosts/host options to theme an army around

• More ways to get depravity points 

• Synessa getting an extra spell to cast

• More synergies available

• More ways to use Slaves to Darkness and Beasts of Chaos in a Hedonites army

• Revised spell lores

• More core battalions available to Slaanesh

• More grand strategies available to Slaanesh

• More battle tactics available to Slaanesh

•  Do you like summoning being a large part of Slaanesh's playstyle (note, this does not mean 'a part at all', but rather referring to it being the arguably strongest part of the allegiance ability)

• I strongly dislike summoning being a large part of the Slaanesh allegiance ability 

• I somewhat dislike summoning being a large part of the Slaanesh allegiance ability

• I have no strong opinion

• I somewhat like summoning being a large part of the Slaanesh allegiance ability

• I strongly like summoning being a large part of the Slaanesh allegiance ability

• Out of the following warscrolls, please tick all you feel you would like to have a warscroll tweek or rewrite 

• None of them

• (List of all units, started with most requested first)

• Compared to other factions, how do you view the quality of the Slaanesh rules (note, this does not mean strength, but rather choices available, how fun the army is to play, how fun the army is to build lists for, how interesting the warscrolls are etc.)

• Much below the average battletome

• A little bit below the average battletome

• About the same as the average battletome

• A little bit above the average battletome

• Much above the average battletome

I feel like all of these are great questions and I feel can generate discussion. I would hope grand strats, tactics, and battalions would stay away. I get it for giants since they are locked out from most of the battalions, and while the current battle tactics aren't great thematically for slaanesh, on principle I do not want them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

So I’m thinking of doing an Archaon and Be’Lakor super-friends setup in each of the four books. My Khorne one is up (in the Khorne thread, of course), if anyone wants to look. Probably pure madness, but I don’t believe in doing any list by the book. 

I’m wondering what our best glutos/belakor list would be. Could u even make glutos/archaon work???

2 minutes ago, Nagashfan said:

I’m wondering what our best glutos/belakor list would be. Could u even make glutos/archaon work???

Hillariously, I just wrote this - 

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Godseekers Host
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
Triumphs:
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265)*
- General
- Command Trait: Speed-chaser
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (475)
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Judgement of Excess
Synessa, The Voice of Slaanesh (260)*
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)*
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)
11 x Blissbarb Archers (180)*
1 x Seeker Chariots (130)*
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 84
Drops: 3

Nothing especially mind-blowing, just a desire to get some big stompy cool models on the table.  I like monsters, and pseudo monsters (which the Exalted Chariot, and Glutos are).  That said, the archers + Enrapturess have done well for me in the past and the the general goal is to disrupt and delay until I can get some real meat onto the table with a couple summons.  With only 3 drops, I should be able to contend for first turn to ensure I can dictate the pacing of the opening exchanges - normally, I'd consider it a risk to offer the T2 double, but Be'Lakor really changes that particular math with the prospect of locking down their main hammer/lynchpin for a potential two turns.

Turn 1 get some easy DP from the chariots (hopefully) and the archers/Enrapturess, bleed some DP on the opponents turn, and hopefully go into my second turn with enough to pull whatever I want out of my hat and drop it where needed.  That said, there's also the prospect of potentially removing a big threat with all the shooting if Synessa lands a juicy Pavane to soften up a dangerous target enough to where the shooting could potentially finish it off.

• Like 2

While not involving Glutos, I've been toying with trying out an Archaon/Be'lakor list recently. 

- Host: Invaders Host
 - Grand Strategy: Beast Master
LEADERS
Archaon the Everchosen (830)*
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)
- Allies
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)*
- General
- Command Trait: Delusions of Infallibility 
- Artefact: The Rod of Misrule 
Synessa, The Voice of Slaanesh (260)*
UNITS
5 x Hellstriders with Hellscourges (135)*
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
TOTAL: 1995/2000 WOUNDS: 78

Sacrifices shooting to fit Archaon in, and I figure an Enrapturess and Synessa together can still ping some DP from afar, but not having Blissbarbs certainly stings. Tonnes of CP and shenanigans though; I say good luck to anyone that tries to kill all three monsters to deny the Grand Strategy! It's also a very compact two drop which is always nice. Normally I'd be loathe to skip out on the extra +1 save command from Lurid Haze when running multiple big beasties, but Be'lakor not caring about save modifiers leaves less incentive to take it over keeping regular Invader stuff. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Jaskier said:

While not involving Glutos, I've been toying with trying out an Archaon/Be'lakor list recently. 

- Host: Invaders Host
 - Grand Strategy: Beast Master
LEADERS
Archaon the Everchosen (830)*
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)
- Allies
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)*
- General
- Command Trait: Delusions of Infallibility 
- Artefact: The Rod of Misrule 
Synessa, The Voice of Slaanesh (260)*
UNITS
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
TOTAL: 1995/2000 WOUNDS: 78

Sacrifices shooting to fit Archaon in, and I figure an Enrapturess and Synessa together can still ping some DP from afar, but not having Blissbarbs certainly stings. Tonnes of CP and shenanigans though; I say good luck to anyone that tries to kill all three monsters to deny the Grand Strategy! It's also a very compact two drop which is always nice. Normally I'd be loathe to skip out on the extra +1 save command from Lurid Haze when running multiple big beasties, but Be'lakor not caring about save modifiers leaves less incentive to take it over keeping regular Invader stuff. 

I was thinking about it and was about to post this same thing as my A&B super friend list. You beat me to the punch. Lol. Wasn’t sure on faction/sub faction/artifacts yet, but the model setup was gonna be the same. 

On 8/13/2021 at 11:42 AM, Enoby said:

Also, @Sorrow @AngryPanda @Carnith @CeleFAZE @LeonBox @Elazar The Glorified@azdimy @Nagashfan @Jaskier @MothmanDraws @TimeToWaste85 

(I know I've forgotten people - sorry! - I'm very bad with names, but I do remember your profile pics!)

As you're all quite active on this thread/have an interest in the survey, I thought I'd run these questions past you. These would all be in addition to the old questions, but I'm wondering about edits and additions :)

• A "how do you feel" question about each daemon (for points)

• Do you feel that AoS 3 Slaanesh is in a better or worse place than AoS 2 Slaanesh in terms of power

• Much better

• A bit better

• About the same

• A bit worse

• Much worse

•  
  • What would you like to see most in a supplement book or tome celestial (tick all that apply)

• An alternative use of depravity (so not for summoning)

• More support within the allegiance abilities for mortal only armies

• A rewrite to the Slaangor Warscroll

• More hosts/host options to theme an army around

• More ways to get depravity points 

• Synessa getting an extra spell to cast

• More synergies available

• More ways to use Slaves to Darkness and Beasts of Chaos in a Hedonites army

• Revised spell lores

• More core battalions available to Slaanesh

• More grand strategies available to Slaanesh

• More battle tactics available to Slaanesh

•  Do you like summoning being a large part of Slaanesh's playstyle (note, this does not mean 'a part at all', but rather referring to it being the arguably strongest part of the allegiance ability)

• I strongly dislike summoning being a large part of the Slaanesh allegiance ability 

• I somewhat dislike summoning being a large part of the Slaanesh allegiance ability

• I have no strong opinion

• I somewhat like summoning being a large part of the Slaanesh allegiance ability

• I strongly like summoning being a large part of the Slaanesh allegiance ability

• Out of the following warscrolls, please tick all you feel you would like to have a warscroll tweek or rewrite 

• None of them

• (List of all units, started with most requested first)

• Compared to other factions, how do you view the quality of the Slaanesh rules (note, this does not mean strength, but rather choices available, how fun the army is to play, how fun the army is to build lists for, how interesting the warscrolls are etc.)

• Much below the average battletome

• A little bit below the average battletome

• About the same as the average battletome

• A little bit above the average battletome

• Much above the average battletome

I think as a good addition a question like "What do you think should be the core feature of an Hedonites of Slaanesh army? As in wich rule must be pushed to be core to the HoS army identity?"

Because even if currently is summoning and that is already a question, i read some really good ideas over here in the past (like someone thinking combat drugs should be the focus). Me personally, i think high rend was a core identity of HoS 1.0 before Battletome (our battleline having -1 rend was the envy of battlelines) and would like to see it pushed to a theme again. Slaanesh is not specially punchy and that can change if we become queen of rend (but not raw damage). The spam of mortals wound would also make high rend somewhat unique. Imagine Daemonettes with -2 rend (maybe only in the charge or something but you get what i think). Slaangors and Fiends with -2 rend base. KoS with -3 rend... Of course a lot of people think speed is enough to be the core. I like the idea of some form of invulnerable save too, an expansion of the current rule in Viceleader/Masque. Simply having a ward save is too much like Nurgle, but maybe something like "Before rolling an armor save you can choose to use your Ligthning Reflexes, if you do the armor save cannot be modified (not even by rend) and becomes 5+"

• Thanks 1

I’ve been thinking about alternatives to summoning, and I’m drawn to the idea of every unit having a bonus ability on its warscroll activated by spending 3-6 depravity points. Something like giving Twinsouls MW on 6s, letting slickblades move 6” in any direction after they fight, the Lord of Pain granting his 5+ ward in an aura, or Synessa getting an extra/+1 to cast.

• Like 1

So as much as I’d love to join in on the wishlisting, I fully expect that the book and the core of our rules won’t ever be changing. At least not for a long while. As such I’ve returned with more thoughts. 

I see a lot of talk about our “big” options. Gluttos, Be’lakor, Archaon, and even Keepers or multiples of Sigvald/Dexcessa/Synessa. My question I’ve been asking myself is which of these are good, which aren’t, and most importantly how many are too many (well how many points can we spend on them and still do well). 

I will state off the back, that I may have a very different opinion than most, but the answer is not many. I believe either Gluttos or Be’lakor are playable if you’re not taking Sigvald or the Twins. I believe you can play two between Sigvald and the Twins. But that’s about where it stops. I believe Keepers are only summonable, and as nice as they are they’re far too many points to play straight up. Likewise while Archaon is solid; I believe he doesn’t play to our strengths. 

In the first book we had, we only ran heroes because of Depravity. With the new book in last edition we focused heavily on heroes because well our points were high on our regular options, and this hasn’t changed. However I truly believe after about 35 games that our mortals (and even some Daemons) are the core to playing our faction to a decent level consistently. You need to have a good number of units to take damage and trade into to generate DP. As I’ve said before our summoning is bonkers, like really good. So good I’ve had a few comments telling me our faction is broken (lol).

Now obviously there are easier to pilot armies/lists that can get you solid results. But if you’re like me and want to actually play Hedonites this edition you really need to hone in on the faction and what it’s strengths are. And that is 100% trading up in a unique way. Sacrificing our mortals (or daemons on the board) to summon. This means that too many heroes cannot be as effective unless they have ways to constantly be attacking and hurting 3+ units. This means that units that are cheap (for us) and able to do something are important. For that I’ve found Hellstriders and Blissbarbs to be particularly effective. I’ve also found that (sadly) I still enjoy using Painbringers. They are usually able to deal some damage, and always take some. They’re still hard to kill, and by putting them on objectives/where the enemy has to go to play the game; they’ve been darned effecting at generating depravity for me. 

Basically at this point I’ve managed to summon an average of 1500+ points a game. 1500 points. Even if you believe we are 25% over costed that means I’m still playing the game with around 2600 points to most armies 2000. It’s massive, even with a 25% over costed army. The ability to summon what we need; when we need it is 100% the way we will win. That means your list needs to be formulated to be getting hopefully 12+ Depravity every single round. Obviously 30 Daemonettes or a Keeper are my go to summoning, and they’ll likely be the standard, but others have a place that we will all learn as we go. But regardless of what you summon you need to be doing it as often as you can for whatever you need. 

Anyways that’s my experience so far; and it’s likely not anything new. But I truly believe we are hurting our armies limited strengths by spending 50-70% of our points on heroes. Yeah they do work, and can often hit well and sometimes even above their point cost, but at the end of the day the bonus we get from MSU depravity is far stronger I think. 

In other notes I’ll be playing an Escalation League (750/1000/1500/2000/3000) in the coming months starting next month. So I get to see how Hedonites do at all the weird point levels that people play at. I’m likely going to include battle reports and pictures somewhere for those interested. Keep on being depraved you Slaaneshy fiends. 

• Like 4

I pretty much agree, with the caveat that the smaller heroes (IME Enrapturess/Masque and probably LoP) provide enough value that they’re competitive with any equivalent multi-model unit. I love my Keeper bunches because she looks amazing and has a high spike result, but it’s hard not to look enviously at Be’lakor or an Exalted Bladebringer + Masque for the points

So I got the opportunity to run this list I talked about earlier today, into a IronJaws list with both Kragnos and a kitted out Mawkrusha lord.

- Host: Godseekers Host
Triumphs:
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265)*
- General
- Command Trait: Speed-chaser
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (475)
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Judgement of Excess
Synessa, The Voice of Slaanesh (260)*
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)*
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)
1 x Seeker Chariots (130)*
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 84
Drops: 3

Who-boy, it was a nail biter.  I probably would have had a serious early advantage, except that Kragnos insisted on making two charges on 11's (needing 11's) to cross insane distances and keep himself relevant.  Instead, the game ended up with a tie with me having reduced my opponent to a partial unit of Brutes against Glutos, my Enrapturess, and a summoned exalted chariot and seeker chariot.  My opponent managed to lock me out of scoring via durability one turn and I missed a battle tactic in another due to Be'lakor dieing to Kragnos' baby screams after I nearly killed him in one go by putting a couple exalted chariots into him.

Kragnos does not like exalted chariots to the face.  

Speaking of which, the nature of the game meant I was more stretched than normal for DP... so all I summoned was two Exalted chariots and a Seeker chariot (the MW helped out a ton).  

All in all I liked the list - it was disruptive and crippling for long enough to get some harder hitting exalteds on the table and start doing real work.  Nothing I'd really change for this build, as it worked more or less how I hoped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think there's absolutely a place for both more bodies and the more hero-heavy approach; the question you need to ask of your list is whether it is mobile (more important than ever right now I feel) and can trade well enough both at range and up close not only to generate DP effectively, but to deal with high value threats that you can't or shouldn't be trading with. Sometimes you will need to wipe something out to help your chances of victory and lose out on some DP, and that's the balance you've got to strike to do well with this army. Summoning efficiency is nice and all too, but if you present your opponent with a bunch of very hard targets in a mission pack suited to those kinds of models, you're going to cause them problems - especially given those big models oft are tanky or scary enough that they can balance out the DP coefficient by simply surviving and winning you the game the more 'traditional' way.

Archaon is over-powered full stop, and even if he might be better in certain other allegiances, he's still fantastic for us; in my experience even pre-3.0 with this book, Archaon works wonders because he's super tough to a point where he is a Depravity machine as people will be forced to fight him (he's so strong that he can't simply be ignored) and being on such a massive base makes it very easy to threaten multiple targets at once. The other thing to note in Archaon's case is that he's so strong that you don't mind not potentially summoning as much as you might using 830 points of other stuff, because he does so much damage and is so hard to kill that he can and often will just destroy over half an army by himself. That kind of value for us, an army that's fairly fragile overall and has issues dealing with those high save big monster heroes running amok, is just out of this world good.

Ultimately, every unit in your army has to have a place, and you need to make sure that you have an answer of some kind to whatever you expect to face. This is another reason why you're seeing lots of heroes in lists, because our heroes offer those answers that we might not necessarily have elsewhere; i.e. Sigvald is our answer to Gotrek and anything with a good ward save, Be'lakor is our answer to big scaries like Archaon/Maw-Krushas/Kragnos and so on, then you've got heroes that are just so versatile or strong that they are always worth considering, like how Synessa has a tool for every situation, Archaon is just a beast right now, and Glutos is so stupidly tough with a great combo of unique spell and command that he's always worth a look. I think there's a delicate balance to be struck as I think it's fair to say most of our power/"tools in the toolbox" currently comes from our heroes, but you don't want to be too light on bodies as outside of a select few our heroes generally aren't tough enough to survive actual pressure. Finding that balance will vary from player to player and meta to meta, but right now I can say with surety I've zero qualms dropping 50% or thereabouts of my points allocation on heroes, as that still leaves plenty of room for some meat.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sorrow said:

@Enoby

Our time in the sun has passed. Other factions need attention. Quite a lot of them.

I think that our rules and cost will remain as they are for years.

Well, cost change every year in the GHB, who knows.

• Like 2

I think it's still an important part to let our opinions about the faction be known. We may be 2-3 years before our next book, but let them start thinking of it and when it gets time to make Hedonites 2.0, they can have some input from the community about what Slaanesh should be.

Honestly, all of the summoning factions should have some other mechanic that deals with their summoning points as an alternative way of playing. 

Blood Tithe, for all of its flaws, does this well. You can give buffs or stop spells with it, Or summon. That's huge. I love it. 

Or it could work like Waaaagh points instead for some sort of Slaanesh faction. 

Imagine something like
6 DP: Units gain a 6+ Ward.
12 DP: Units can run and Charge or Retreat and Charge
18 DP: Units can generate 2 hits on unmodified hit rolls of 5+, and ranged units now generated 2 hits on 6's. 
24 DP: A keeper of secrets is spawned and your DP goes to 0. or it could be some sort of capstone ability that's hugely beneficial but still drains your DP as the hedonites finally have that release. Could even be battleshock immunity. 

And as we had also talked before in previous pages, while if they really want to keep the lazy story of invaders, pretenders, and godseekers DESPITE Slaanesh's location is known by Archaon, and the Twins, and pretty much all of its forces... then at least give us certain factions. I want to see what Sigvald's boys are like. Glutos clearly has a warband, how do they fight differently from Sigvald? Shalaxi seems like a force of nature for Slaanesh and doesn't make sense she would have her own faction. Syll'Esske should have their own. 

There is a lot of neat and interesting design space they can do with Slaanesh. We need to pressure them to actually do it. I know it's old to compare our book to the DoK book, but it's such a stark  difference. Temples that just make unit play style actually desirable. You want snakes? Here you go! You want witch elves? Which 3 temples do you want? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am always willing to help with the survey and its distribution to as many people who play Slaanesh as possible.

But AOS 3. will heavily feature updates for factions that are outdated, whether in rules or models, such as BoC, Skaven, Idoneth.

We can do a survey and since I am on first name basis with a individual who works in their UK customer service, the survey will 100% be sent to proper departments. Beyond that, it is up to people working in those departments.

@Enoby

I was thinking of making a thread, where we could write what potential models we would like to see as part of Hedonites one day. Completely new models, reflecting various concepts linked to Slaanesh.

Do you think there would be interest?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've just finished a 4000pts mini Apocalypse game vs Warclans (and some goblin allies). I will say in advance that the game at 4000pts isn't really balanced so you can't really take away much from this power wise, when it comes to looking at 2000 point games. The list wasn't competitive, it was just for fun and a bit of a monster/hero mash by the end of it. 

However, we played with no real 'tactics' besides the basics, so it's a good show of how much punishment certain models can take before cracking, and how much they can dish out with no holds barred. It did let me use Archaon and see how they pan out (when used like a blunt instrument). 

My list was 

Invaders

Glutos 

Archaon 

Sigvald

Dexcessa 

Synessa

Chaos Sorcerer lord

Lord of Pain

10 Twinsouls

5 Painbringers

5 Painbringers 

5 Painbringers

11 Blissbarb archers

11 Blissbarb archers

5 Slickblade seekers

Wheels of Excruciation 

Chronomatic Cogs

1597221197_Fangs4000pts.jpg.fd73644dbf4832815eaa820e2295963f.jpg

The game was over partway through turn 2, in my favour. 

A few thoughts on each unit in such a large game, and what they did during the game. 

Archaon - Did absolutely massive damage when rerolling hits and wounds, and the +2/-2 to bravery is amazing, combined with the much easier healing. They killed a colossal squig, 10 Kruelboyz, 1 Megaboss, 10 Ardboys, and caused 2 gorgruntas to flee. I did use them like a blunt instrument in the spirit of the Apocalypse game, and the chaos sorcerer buff is super important for them to work correctly for the points they cost. However there is one area where Archaon has fallen in AoS 3 from 2 - the loss of rerolling saves from Oracular Visions change is a big hit, and it's hard to understate it, though it's easily overlooked. The Rogue Idol killed them in the end as, even with a couple of +s to save, rolling a few 2s and 3s on a save roll on 6 damage attacks will ruin their day - that loss of bad luck protection is really missed, so watch out when using Archaon in a normal game that he isn't in too deep without screening or support as they're normally a much larger part of the army. 

Glutos - Didn't have the chance to do loads, but tanked on the last turn (turn 2) and provided that great -1 to hit and spell/dispell/unbind support. You can't go wrong with Glutos; he does feel tankier than Archaon thanks to the 5+ ward providing him more protection against big damage attacks. 

Sigvald - He got a round of combat with 10 attacks into the rogue idol, which finished it off in a single round of combat. I wasn't using Lurid Haze and he does feel slow without it, but not useless by any stretch - his large charge range can help with that. I do think, in a small point game, he is more reliant on Lurid Haze as he is only really useful in combat and getting them there ASAP is top priority. 

Dexcess - They killed 2 brutes but didn't have much of a chance to do anything else. Can't really comment on them because they weren't really needed 

Synessa - Did a lot of mortal wounds, including 5 to a mangler squig with Pavane and 5 to a bunch of squigs with their shooting attack. Their shot is really good, but a bit like their casting, it's not super reliable so they're much more of a support piece than a key piece. 

Lord of Pain - Didn't really do much at all - I guess got one depravity from the fane.

Chaos Sorcerer Lord - I think they are mandatory when running Archaon. Daemonic Power is just so important in making sure 800 points of your army doesn't end up fluffing. Oracular visions is now a free mystic shield for Archaon which is nice, but as before it's important to notice that this version is much worse than the previous version for Archaon as it's no longer as much bad luck protection for an 800 pt model. While I didn't use them in this game, I think a Chaos Lord would probably be useful too, though in the past they have had trouble keeping up with Archaon. In all honesty, a KoS may be better than a Chaos Lord as even though they are much more expensive, they will always keep up and provide good combat support as well (though let's hope for a points reduction) 

Twinsouls - Loads of damage as usual - didn't really get the chance to use it, but they did kill a unit of squigs and a squig riding hero. 

Painbringers - Did very little, but as known, mortal wounds really ruin their day due to their cost and lack of protection. In this particular game, the points here would have been better spent on more archers, but I don't think this is universally true. 

Blissbarb archers - These did really well for me, finishing off the 6 wounds remaining on the mangler squig and ensuring it couldn't wreak havoc. Of course, they fold to melee but their ranged damage is considerable, especially when given +1 to hit. Their biggest weakness is how expensive they are vs how easy they are to deal with, which is made much worse in smaller games with fewer ways to mitigate the loss of so many points. 

Slickblade seekers - I think like many have said, these usually perform but they don't feel as if they perform enough for their cost. They did some decent damage, but they didn't feel impactful for a 220 point unit. That said, I think they are very much redeemable with a points decrease. 

Overall, I won by nearly a tabling with turn 2 so we seemed really strong at a high points value (as we get to use all of our toys without running into redundancy like some armies do). 

---

1 hour ago, Sorrow said:

@Enoby

I was thinking of making a thread, where we could write what potential models we would like to see as part of Hedonites one day. Completely new models, reflecting various concepts linked to Slaanesh.

Do you think there would be interest?

I would definitely be interested in a thread like this :) I don't know how much traction it would get, but I would definitely be interested in contributing to it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Didn t see anything on twitch non 40k the whole we unfortunately .

I got the list from someone that was at the event

- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
Triumphs: Bloodthirsty
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (265)*
- Host Option: General
Keeper of Secrets (420)*
- Sinistrous Hand
- Spell: Slothful Stupor
Lord of Pain (155)*
- General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (475)**
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (160)*
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (160)**
*Warlord