AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

12 hours ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

I just checked my WD: if the hero does/takes a wound or mortal wound that generates DP, you get two instead of one. The wounds or MWs lead to damage taken that leads to a battleshock test. RAW...Syll Eske host allows for 2DP per W/MW that has an effect in the Battleshock phase caused by and dealt to your heroes. Just not when it comes from ESs or rank and files (unless they do damage to your heroes).

Okay.... I will check the FAQ and than deside. If it is possibel, who that would be a very powerfull way to Generate DP.

12 hours ago, umpac said:

Still isn't gonna help against shooting though.

Is still killing Syllsk and the Keeper or so in Round One = so ….not very Helpfull.

Let me Say 2 Words About my game against DoK Tomorrow:

He played Morathi. Medusa, HagQueen and the Speziall HagQueen and a Meluscini, 20 Blood Stalker, 15 Blood Sister, 5 Blood Sisters...

Ich played 

Allegiance: Slaanesh (5er bis 8er Drop)
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (340)
-
Sinistrous Hand
- Artefact: The Rod of Misrule
- Host Option: General
- Spell: Born of Damnation
Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (150)
-
Artefact: Oil of Exultation
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Judgement of Excess
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (260)
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (400)
-
General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
Lord of Afflictions (190)
-
Allies

Battleline
20 x Chaos Marauders (160)
-
Axes & Shields
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
-
Hand Weapon & Shield
11 x Blissbard Archer (160)
Battalions
Supreme Sybarites (150)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Balewind Vortex (40)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 190 / 400
Wounds: 92

So what could i say i lost 14 to 20 after Round 5 (but round 4 and 5 we just calculated but it is fine)

So he had some very bad dice for his Spells and Priest, i didnt realy make game mistakes, nobady hab a doppelturn but.....i didnt realy had a Chance.

Some Ideas to the single Units:

Keeper of Secrets (340): he/She died's as fast as bevore but the dmg Output is decrease About 50%. Just good for the Points if u can support a second Unit or u summon him. Not happy with this.

Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (150) he is okay but he must be very near by the Enemy. Still 20 Points to expensive but, okay.

Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (260): just killing 5 B-Sister, and then…. he is way too slow (6") and too Juice, Little Morathi kill him. Not sure how you use him correct. Any Idea? Without for his Points I buy Shalaxi :D:D

Lord of Afflictions he dies very quick against Morathi Shoot (4 Wounds) and against 8 Blood Stalker, Maybe the Burning HEad and a Infernell Enrupter ist better

Chaos Marauders still okay but less good because of the lack of explodet 6ses. Now to expensive but (everything is to expensive)

Blissbard Archer for me they are too expensive. Both games i had they go for, shoot one time and then died. sry not enough for 160 Points. The litlle Range from 18" in Range let them Always be attackt in the Next round. Maybe they get better when they still cost 130 (would be okay) or 120 (okay that would be awesome)

The Winner.....

Chaos Warrior: For they 90 Point they make 4 DP, give GO look out Sir, Hold a Objetive and blocked the Blood Stalker 2 CC-Rounds. Always okay (okay no Hedonit Unit :D:D:D:D)

Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony

So good. Very good caster. With gymini and debuffs Awesome. Hold 15 Blood Stalker 4 Rounds (with a litlle Help of the CW) in the Middel of the Field, destroyed all (with the doubel ativation of a summond Keeper) und bring BIG MorathiSnake from 14 to 2 Wounds before dying.. He is the Reason for 9 (or 10) DP over the game so he + the CW summon alone a new Keeper so....his cost of 400 Points are totally okay. Best Unit in my army.

Next week…..I try some sort of Seeker Kalvake against Seras….

• Like 1

The more games I play and more reports I see, the more I think that the Keeper is a trap now.  So many points for ok damage output on a weak body. Yes the command ability is good really doesn't suit our play style.

I think we actually have a very competitive, if not quite top tier book with probably the best late game of anyone.  The trick is to survive the first few turns reasonably intact and having not fell too far behind in the objectives game.  If you can do that and get a solid turn 2 summon off (I'm thinking 9+ depravity for Bladebringer on exalted chariot, 3 seeker chariots, 30 Daemonettes or a Keeper) you're laughing.  We always had the best summoning in the game, but now with Glutos and summoning off the locus it nearly impossible to shut down (if your not crazy aggressive turn 1).   Shooting armies won't be easy, but once you start dumping 30 warm bodies a turn into their back lines you're more than able to compete.  With this sort of game plan in mind Keepers are just a bad choice, they aren't survivable enough to sit back and force you to go for a more aggressive turn1-2 than is advisable, as well as pushing you towards over investing in heros (or avoiding the bastion of summoning that is Glutos).

Also if you can pull it off a Keeper is often the best choice for a turn 2 summon as they can have an impact even if you fail the charge (command ability) and give you a fast summoning point for future turns.

Sure, point for point are units aren't the best value but those allegiance abilities more than make up for it.

With all this in mind, I'm thinking of a list something like this:

Godseekers Host

Bladebringer on Exaulted Chariot: General, Speed-chaser, Enraturing Circlet, Borne of Damnation

Glutos: Battle Rapture

The Masque

11 Blissbarb Archers

2*5 Chaos Warriors with double hand weapons

2 * 5 Slickblade Seekers

2 * 5 Blissbarb Archers

Geninids of Uhl-Gysh

Command point

Total: 1990, 10 Drops

Thoughts?

Edited by Magnus The Blue
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Magnus The Blue said:

The more games I play and more reports I see, the more I think that the Keeper is a trap now.  So many points for ok damage output on a weak body. Yes the command ability is good really doesn't suit our play style.

I think we actually have a very competitive, if not quite top tier book with probably the best late game of anyone.  The trick is to survive the first few turns reasonably intact and having not fell too far behind in the objectives game.  If you can do that and get a solid turn 2 summon off (I'm thinking 9+ depravity for Bladebringer on exalted chariot, 3 seeker chariots, 30 Daemonettes or a Keeper) you're laughing.  We always had the best summoning in the game, but now with Glutos and summoning off the locus it nearly impossible to shut down (if your not crazy aggressive turn 1).   Shooting armies won't be easy, but once you start dumping 30 warm bodies a turn into their back lines you're more than able to compete.  With this sort of game plan in mind Keepers are just a bad choice, they aren't survivable enough to sit back and force you to go for a more aggressive turn1-2 than is advisable, as well as pushing you towards over investing in heros (or avoiding the bastion of summoning that is Glutos).

Also if you can pull it off a Keeper is often the best choice for a turn 2 summon as they can have an impact even if you fail the charge (command ability) and give you a fast summoning point for future turns.

I think u Right in almothst every Point. The only Problem, we are no Top Tier. Why? In a normal competaitv game the game is in Tunr 3 over. And no we dont Survive until Turn 3.

I Play Nurgle too and even with them surviving ist dificult. 

1 hour ago, Magnus The Blue said:

With all this in mind, I'm thinking of a list something like this:

Godseekers Host

Bladebringer on Exaulted Chariot: General, Speed-chaser, Enraturing Circlet, Borne of Damnation

The Masque

11 Blissbarb Archers

2 * 5 Slickblade Seekers

2 * 5 Blissbarb Archers

Geninids of Uhl-Gysh

Command point

Thoughts

I like this List. What i dont like are the Blissbard Archers (i think for 160 Points they are totally ******) And i dont Know if the Bladebringer is okay for 250 Points AND a defensive Playstyle. Maybe Sigvald is better here.

So Gyminis are very good. Maybe a Infernel Enraptures because of Spellcasting Heavy Armys and her Posibility to cause Wound with a Missel Attack ?!

BTW: This is my next List i will try:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
Realm: Ghur or Chameon
Leaders
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (400)
-
General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation

- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
The Masque (130)
-
Host Option: General
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (150)
-
Artefact: The Rod of Misrule
Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (150)
-
Artefact: Oil of Exultation
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Judgement of Excess

Battleline
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
-
Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Hellstriders with Hellscourges (150)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (140)

Units
5 x Blissbarb Seekers (180)

5 x Blissbarb Seekers (180)

5 x Sickblade Seekers (200)

Battalions
Seeker Cavalcade (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
The Burning Head (30)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 125

What Did u think Realm: Ghur (Maske, Sickbladeseeker for better CC) or Chameon (more Defense 4 GO)

Edited by ibel
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ibel said:

I like this List. What i dont like are the Blissbard Archers (i think for 160 Points they are totally ******) And i dont Know if the Bladebringer is okay for 250 Points AND a defensive Playstyle. Maybe Sigvald is better here.

So Gyminis are very good. Maybe a Infernel Enraptures because of Spellcasting Heavy Armys and her Posibility to cause Wound with a Missel Attack ?!

You're not wrong the Archers and Bladebringer are the units I'm least sure about.  Archers are there to fill up that battleline and give a third ranged thread which I feel is the sweet spot for maximising depravity without over investing in mediocre shooting.  Similarly the Bladebringer isn't great value but does give a lot of utility: healing, retreat and charge general (amazing with godseekers), extra dispel and locking units down with no-retreat.  Sigvalds main advantages for me are Lurid Haze charge (not an issue in this list) and being very survivable for a mid-level hero (again not an issue as I have 2 very easy to keep alive heros in Masque and Glutos).  But all that said I'm very open to swapping them out depending on how play testing goes. 

The book is not a good piece, but that is separate and distinct from the ability to game. The army is playable, and points drops can even make it a strong book, it would still be bad though. The immense level of non-cooperative mechanics makes building a list an exercise of labour and frustration rather than love.

What you want is an experience where I see fiend bloods, love the models, run to the book and there is some guidance and sign-posting on how to make an army utilizing those models. 
Even ignoring that fiend bloods are a bad combat unit, how can you go about using them? This book is very similar to the the GSG book in that they have hyper-siloed each thing essentially down to what it says on the warscroll. For example there is only 1 model that interacts with the mortal keyword they have just dropped a massive release on... how does that make any sense from a design perspective?

Points doesn't address why the DoK book is good and why the HoS book is bad. But, points will let people play the army for the foreseeable future so they should be addressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Godseekers Host

The Masque

11 Blissbarb Archers

2 * 5 Slickblade Seekers

2 * 5 Blissbarb Archers

Geninids of Uhl-Gysh

Command point

Thoughts?

I'd rather take a Keeper than a Bladebringer and Masque, but I do see the value in 2 fast Locus enablers. The warriors want shields, 5 warriors won't do any damage and you want them as tanky as you can get them because that's their only role. Glutos + Geminids is a good combo but it depends on lot on your meta, even with ´+1 to cast there are so many armies that can easily shut it down. I think endless are decent with Epitome but I've had big trouble getting them off properly. 10 drop means you usually go first though, and Geminids can do some turn 1 DP generation so worth trying out at least.

Seekers cavalcade is strong and contains our best units right now, opens up a lot of abusive 2.9" play which can turn your units into absolute tanks in melee. If you take out the +CP and switch something else out you could put your 4 seeker units in the battalion.

14 hours ago, Boar said:

Aren't there like 3 guys total working on AoS?

If that is the case such meeting may not be that hard to coordinate. Or maybe they actually make an excuse in not having enough workers to loss a working day doing such a thing.

5 hours ago, Yoid said:

If that is the case such meeting may not be that hard to coordinate. Or maybe they actually make an excuse in not having enough workers to loss a working day doing such a thing.

Personally,  I think that the whole mortal Hedonite release was a lazy rush job. There are viable units and list combinations, but a lot of our army is simply not viable.

I could point this from poorly written rules, fundamental lack in which direction to take mortal Hedonites to,  rush jobs on most new art pieces (some are excellent),  and a genuine lack of new Slaanesh lore. I meant, other factions often get a full novel dedicated to their faction upon release, some like Lumineth got several. We? Nothing, which is rather strange if we take into account that Newborn is around and Hedonite are rising across all Realms.

Alright, so to preface, I had a smallish Slaanesh mortals army back in AoS 1 as a part of my everchosen stuff. (All of my chaos except beasts is themed that way) Now with the new mortals stuff I wanted to get back into it. I also might have been inspired by an old model that called out for a lord of Pain conversion. Regardless, I wanted some advice.  

I have  this stuff below.

Spoiler

19 chaos warriors, 10 with 2handed weapon

10 chosen converted from liberators

10 seekers/hellstriders

5 hellstriders with whips

Lord of pain

I wanted to ask what I should purchase moving forward with my mortals theme. They seem to be in an awkward place. I understand that painbringers aren't great, but I'm going to get some and had intended to use the spare parts to convert up some twinsouls (likely from my chosen). Is there a way to focus the list around the lord of pain without it being hot garbage? It's very sad that he doesn't boost StD, but such is the way of things. I'll probably proxy my warriors. The old cloak boys seem basically impossible to make into any of the new types though. 'Tis sad.

I have no intention of winning tournaments with this, but I've played armies that can't do damage AND couldn't survive. It was very frustrating. I'd like to avoid that here. Have a fighting chance and all that. My initial idea is hammer and anvil tactics with the warriors/painbringers and the Lord of pain being the advancing anvil with the seekers/hellstriders being the hammer. I'm not opposed to taking some daemons but I'll be converting them to be humans.  Thoughts? Changes to the strategy? Suggested Purchases? Amusing/helpful anecdotes?

I'm rambling at this point. Any help would be appreciated,

Have a wonderful day (For the Everchosen!)

On 2/26/2021 at 5:17 AM, umpac said:

This seems unlikely but if Syllesske host gets FAQ'd to work completely with the new rules, as in all units that generate DPs within 12" gives you 2 DP instead, then that will certainly give the army a potential shot in the arm in terms of power level since it has basically the best DP and CP generation of all hosts. 

Just want to chime in and say that while Syll'Esskan Host does start with the most CPs, a proper Invaders list will generate way more CP over the course of the game if you can keep your Hog/Rod users alive. CPs are pretty much the main appeal of Invaders, after all! 

I do hope Syll'Esskan Host gets FAQ'd, if only because I think it'd be a shame to introduce mortals only to leave the mortal-centric host by the wayside. 

1 hour ago, Carnith said:

Has anyone watched the entirety of the Warhammer weekly Slaanesh Review? 

It was very difficult to watch for me due to a certain guest, but by the end of it I agreed with Tom where largly the book is fine if the points come down and fiendbloods get an errata (this is my opinion), then from there they can do interesting things with our broken realms book. Overall I agreed with the opinion in their weekly video that the new slaanesh book is paying for the sins of the past and the changes or lack of changes is due to complaints from the internet. But in the end, I do agree with vince with such a book you can only go upwards and overall this book will result in far more positive play experiences if you don't abuse the 2.9 nonsense. 

• Like 6

I agreed with a lot of their points, I disagreed with their guest on a few points. Pretenders wasn't good already, and the nerfs it took (losing +1 attack on silverslash, strenth from godhood nerf, reroll 1's to hit for ranged unit nerf) weren't close to being warranted. 

The amount of non-combos in the book is also more than i realized. I thought depraved carnival was already bad because the heroes they force you to use don't synergize with the archers, but when you look at it... there's 2 buffs in the entire book that help archers. Acquiescence and dark delusions. Acquiescence will be hard to find in the army since Exalted Herald is pretty costly and dark delusions requires so many games... cast the spell, don't have the spell be unbound, then roll 2d6 and roll over their bravery... essentially cast a second spell with CV their bravery. It's a pretty trash spell, but its the closest we get to 3/3 archers, which COULD be really good with a 61 shots from a 480 points unit... yeah, not great. 

Their thoughts on that trying to summon and maximize it will just cause you to lose and the 2.9 abuse will be real. 

Here's hoping we get something like a hero such as a Lord of Seeker (or even caster on seeker) that unlocks Nu-seeker battleline.

7 hours ago, Carnith said:

Has anyone watched the entirety of the Warhammer weekly Slaanesh Review? 

Yes. What do you want to know?

Imo all the book needs is some accessible way for BS immunity and huge point drops. I agree on the Fiendbloods part, that they need an errata to put their weapons at dmg 2 or three.

Edited by JackStreicher

I stopped at the list building segment, but most of what they said on WW was pretty spot on.  After rereading the book, listening to them, a couple other youtubers, reading forum posts, it's kind of a bummer that almost nothing in the book is appropriately costed.  In the WW video,they stated and kept stating that it's a pain to build lists and it is.  Don't know if many others of you played WarmaHordes but HoS feels like the new Skornergy, but over pointed lol

• LOVE IT! 1

52 minutes ago, BaronBanana said:

I stopped at the list building segment, but most of what they said on WW was pretty spot on.  After rereading the book, listening to them, a couple other youtubers, reading forum posts, it's kind of a bummer that almost nothing in the book is appropriately costed.  In the WW video,they stated and kept stating that it's a pain to build lists and it is.  Don't know if many others of you played WarmaHordes but HoS feels like the new Skornergy, but over pointed lol

Legion of Everblight and Protectorate of Menoth player here. Played WMH since MK1.

This is, hands down, the best description of new Hedonites.

Skornergy, but overcosted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaronBanana said:

It‘s really painful to build a list... I tried several times and it always feels bad - You can barely fit any new models in 2k points...

Edited by JackStreicher

7 hours ago, shinros said:

It was very difficult to watch for me due to a certain guest...

Dude went as far as to compare Vince to Ben Shapiro. I was really looking forward to the show and was delighted to see it is that long. But in the end we got an adequate, but not spectacular show with Mephiwhatever derailing it and being rude every few minutes.

• Like 1

Not sure if we are talking about the same book...i even wonder if you made one game with.

confronted it twice and saw a couple of other games. 
Each of them was pretty much the same :

-6" pile for half your army is broken and hard to counter.

-No pile in  is even better than striking last in most situation, equals not fighting at all.

-The summoning is out of control once again. You got to summon 4 times 30 daemonettes RELIABLY EACH GAME. Almost impossible to overcome for some armies.  Fortunately that is "only" daemonettes, not too hard to kill but still 30 extra bodies to flood objectives.

Complaining about unit prices would be justified if you could compare the units to other battletomes.

Spoiler, you can't because you play with 1200 extra points  of slaanesh worth every game.

If you don't have 12 Depravity at the start of any of your turn, you are probably missing  the whole point of the battletome. Aim for it.

1 hour ago, kozokus said:

Not sure if we are talking about the same book...i even wonder if you made one game with.

confronted it twice and saw a couple of other games. 
Each of them was pretty much the same :

-No pile in  is even better than striking last in most situation, equals not fighting at all.

-The summoning is out of control once again. You got to summon 4 times 30 daemonettes RELIABLY EACH GAME. Almost impossible to overcome for some armies.  Fortunately that is "only" daemonettes, not too hard to kill but still 30 extra bodies to flood objectives.

Complaining about unit prices would be justified if you could compare the units to other battletomes.

Spoiler, you can't because you play with 1200 extra points  of slaanesh worth every game.

If you don't have 12 Depravity at the start of any of your turn, you are probably missing  the whole point of the battletome. Aim for it.

6" pile in and locus are good... vs melee armies. AoS is not a melee game. Wasn't for some time now. So yeah, tome is very good for some other meta, and it melts in current meta.

As for the summoning... Would you be so kind to explain HOW you get to those numbers. I am quite sure that everyone here would love to hear it and use it.

Also, while you are at it, please tell me how to use Slaangors, Painbringers, Twinsouls... I really love the models but they seem to not really do anything. You say they are not overcosted. Ok, I believe you. How would you use them with their point costs?

Thanks in advance for all the valuable tips and tricks.

• Thanks 2

Its strong, very potent against most armies but useless against some (anything shooting heavy for example). This is one of those things that has a high probability of getting changed in AoS 3.0 but right now, yeah its busted. Slaanesh isn't the only army with this though, DoK for example has cheap battleline with the same ability without the need for a warscroll.

Strongly disagree with "in most situations". Sometimes its way better, but old Locus was always good and it was good regardless of whose turn it is. Its 1" range as well so if I charge something with a Kipper and freeze them in place with Locus then unless I kill that unit, they just remove casualties to either no longer being in Locus range or not even being in combat, then in their turn they can charge or pile in freely. If you manage to engineer situations where it's effective then its great, if your opponent prevents you from doing so then its pretty lukewarm. I do agree that it has great potential though. 

My experience is very different. I usually get 2, maybe 3, 12 point summons per game and I have tons of DP enablers (this is out of 8 games). Your turn 1 generation is limited unless your opponent makes mistakes and as unit starts dying in later turns (both yours and theirs) it gets harder and harder to generate 12 per turn. It's still a very powerful mechanic but please explain how you reliably get 12 DPs at turn 2.

Again, yes summoning stronk, but its not really 1200 pts. Aside from the fact that you're often not getting 4x 12p summons, daemonettes are NOT worth 330 points and those turn 4-5 summons will have much less of an impact than stuff that starts on the board. You're also limited to summoning around your Fane or heroes and summoning 30 daemonettes in your backfield in turn 4 because all your heroes are dead are worth closer to 0 pts than 330.

I've mentioned it a lot before in this thread but I think the book is strong, especially if the shooting meta goes away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Golub87 said:

AoS is not a melee game

That is a stupid legend perpetred by a couple of armies that enjoy beeing into the spotlight at the moment. When you enter a tournament with a decent number of players. 95% of armies are melee armies and sometimes they have a bit of backup of shooting. Most battletomes doesn't even have shooting option. P

38 minutes ago, Golub87 said:

As for the summoning... Would you be so kind to explain HOW you get to those numbers. I am quite sure that everyone here would love to hear it and use it.

Play a couple of archers, split fire, profit. Charge Stay at 6" from multiple things

Simply play the game normally and aim for your objectives, summoning is one of them.

39 minutes ago, Golub87 said:

Also, while you are at it, please tell me how to use Slaangors, Painbringers, Twinsouls... I really love the models but they seem to not really do anything. You say they are not overcosted. Ok, I believe you. How would you use them with their point costs?

I concede about Slaangors... you got a point.

About the armored footsloger, i lack any experience with tem. but rerolling saves is not something you joke with and twinsouls can deliver enormous dammage on paper.

7 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Yes. What do you want to know?

Imo all the book needs is some accessible way for BS immunity and huge point drops. I agree on the Fiendbloods part, that they need an errata to put their weapons at dmg 2 or three.

It was just on your thoughts on what they had said. BS immunity, sure, but BS is just a poorly designed part of the game that they have yet to fix. I don't want every army to just ignore a phase of a game to be good. 

If our seekers were allowed to retreat/charge/shoot  or run/charge, it would definitely make them earn that moniker of "fastest unit in the game".