AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Am I the only one to think this will NOT be an addition to Hedonites and instead a stand alone faction?

Based on the amount of new kits hinted at by the background of the video, this would bloat the range of hedonites to Stormcast level. I don’t recall, SC aside, such a large upgrade to the range of was rolls on an existing faction. Also, the video showcases the new army, like they did lumineth, DoK, etc. Later we will see the full display. The fact that there does not appear to be a single hedonite of slaneesh model there tells me it ma not be Hedonites.

Hellstrider no longer being battleline in Hedonites may be because they want to further split daemons and mortals of slaanesh. Hellstrider may become a battleline choice in this new army...

Of course, just speculating here; I’m interested in arguments for both scenarios.

23 minutes ago, Silphid said:

Am I the only one to think this will NOT be an addition to Hedonites and instead a stand alone faction?

Based on the amount of new kits hinted at by the background of the video, this would bloat the range of hedonites to Stormcast level. I don’t recall, SC aside, such a large upgrade to the range of was rolls on an existing faction. Also, the video showcases the new army, like they did lumineth, DoK, etc. Later we will see the full display. The fact that there does not appear to be a single hedonite of slaneesh model there tells me it ma not be Hedonites.

Hellstrider no longer being battleline in Hedonites may be because they want to further split daemons and mortals of slaanesh. Hellstrider may become a battleline choice in this new army...

Of course, just speculating here; I’m interested in arguments for both scenarios.

No, because of the shadow and pain box. All other tomes has daemons and mortals, I see no evidence of GW changing that now. The video is advertising new models, that's it's purpose. It's the same reason why you don't see old cron and space marine models in their reveal videos. 

Edited by shinros

I doubt they will split it between mortals and daemons.  The hedonites line is pretty small once you think about it with only one infantry squad.  If they do release a squad of genie-pants marauders, the dual kit they showed and hopefully some slaangors that would put them up there as the same number of units as khorne or tzeentch.  
plus one of the units they previewed are like skulltakers in that they are partially daemonic, though those faces are kind or horrendously terrifying.  Seriously where’s the nose going there.

So my thoughts are this
Sigvald
Lord of Pain
Some sort of Caster.
There looks to be some sort of Big based thing. Perhaps a Slaaneshi Palanquin? Like a support hero or wizard on top to hand out buffs?

Units
We've seen the 5 man elite squads  with painbringers and the possessed.
It looks like some sort  of Slaangor unit, perhaps a 3 man beefy unit sorta like Fiends? These would perhaps be our "enlightened" or maybe while tzeentch gets gors, we get something like bulls?
We've also seen Archers, perhaps they are another dual kit with some sort of spear infantry or slaanesh specific marauder-esque unit (cheap chaff). 

Unless something else is missing, this could be anywhere from 7-10 warscrolls.

• Like 1

I'm thinking of 1-2 scenarios

The christmas/new years preview show shows off the rest of slaanesh and it comes with the next broken realm book which deals with Slaanesh and probably Sigvald and the models are released over 2 weeks. We know the january coin is Slaanesh, so that gives hope. But it could be a set up and march/april is a supplement book just to give slaanesh players the tools to actual play their models until a proper second book. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, carnith said:

So my thoughts are this
Sigvald
Lord of Pain
Some sort of Caster.
There looks to be some sort of Big based thing. Perhaps a Slaaneshi Palanquin? Like a support hero or wizard on top to hand out buffs?

Units
We've seen the 5 man elite squads  with painbringers and the possessed.
It looks like some sort  of Slaangor unit, perhaps a 3 man beefy unit sorta like Fiends? These would perhaps be our "enlightened" or maybe while tzeentch gets gors, we get something like bulls?
We've also seen Archers, perhaps they are another dual kit with some sort of spear infantry or slaanesh specific marauder-esque unit (cheap chaff). 

Unless something else is missing, this could be anywhere from 7-10 warscrolls.

What image did you see that you are basing all of this off of?

2 minutes ago, Cambot1231 said:

That would be the blurry background of the images posted earlier in this thread in correlation with the direchasm slaanesh war band.  As well as this bit from the preview insinuating that these were only a small part of the things to come.

80AE8661-72DF-42F7-86CE-BC026090331F.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Silphid said:

All they would need to be part of hedonites is the Slaanesh keyword (that's the keyword they use, which is why you can also include slaves units in allegiance). Would be very strange if these models do not have said keyword.

The "peek at some things to come" suggests there'll be more - with 'peek' suggesting a small look, but it doesn't guarantee there'll be a lot more (though I hope so). 

I'm confident in at least Slaangors and another small hero, and I think there may be archers (though I'm struggling to see them) as well as a big something at the back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cambot1231 said:

There is what seems to be five unidentified units in the background of the reveal. Slaangors behind the twin souls and an unidentified model on the cliff to the left of them (base can be seen clearly on the white surface, but the model is cut off at what seems to be third of the way up).

Behind the Painbringers there is much more going on - Lord of Pain can be seen to the left, opposite him is an unidentified hero with a staff with circular gold head with blue energy ball inside it. Behind them there seems to be some large model, similar to warshrine. Looks like a gold palanquin on the back of some brutish creature . Then all the way to the right a hand with a bow can be seen.

If you cross reference direchasm Slaanesh what we have seen here, you will see that the heavily armed warrior is clearly some sort of Painbringer, we have a Slaangor that matches those in the background of the reveal (but is not the same model) and we have a light infantry archer, along with a spear armed counterpart (indicating a possible dual box of light infantry?).

As for the wild speculation what those things actually do, my guess is that our heavy infantry will be similar to Chaos Warriors in stats but with more focus on offense than on defense. 6" move (can't really see 5" for Slaanesh), 4+ save, 2 wounds. There will be some rend. Painbringers will have some sort of an ability tied to their shields. Twin souls will have some kind of debuff ability.

I hope that Sigvald will be more creative than LoP rules-wise. I hope that Palanquin-thing will be a buffer similar to Warshrine, rather than another large base that dishes out the damage (we don't need those).

Of course it all hinges on the allegiance ability reworks. If it stays as is, it will just mean that Sigvald gets added to the rotation with Keepers and everything else gets  FOR PAINTING ONLY keyword.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gorthor21 said:

Does anyone else think that Sigvald is going to be a daemon prince.  Based on the skeletons on his base he is definitely in that size range.

I am definitely getting both DAEMON and MORTAL vibes from him. Same goes for twin souls. This is fairly evident I think. If Syll'Esske host remains focused on balancing it will be much easier to construct with these.

Now wild speculation time:

I do not think Sigvald will be a caster and while he will be solid in a fight, I think his primary use will be in utility and force multiplying. Similar to Katakros but more front-line. Not sure why I feel that way, but I do. Maybe something along the line of the more models he kills the better buffs he gives to his army?

• Like 1

The twinsouls faces are just deep enough into the uncanny valley where we usually find celebrities that has gone too far with their plastic surgery and whatnot. Perfectly Slaanesh, I will be getting a lot of them when they come around.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Yokai said:

The twinsouls faces are just deep enough into the uncanny valley where we usually find celebrities that has gone too far with their plastic surgery and whatnot. Perfectly Slaanesh, I will be getting a lot of them when they come around.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about the twin souls, my avatar is artwork of a slaaneshi warrior from the warhammer fantasy age of reckoning mmo. Slaanesh has champions that fits our human standards in terms of what is attractive, but slaanesh still does warp followers into his idea of what "perfection" and "beauty" is. Considering what his daemons look like? Get ready for some uncanny valley/grotesque mutations as you said. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 2