AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

To be honest I will probably just get one of everything :P I'm not too bothered about how strong every single warscroll is because the people I play against aren't very competitive at all,  and from experience react poorly to strong units (so I've been using chaos warriors, knights, and beastmen). That said, I do hope our book is good but more importantly interesting. 

I really like the Lumineth allegiance abilities and how they allow changes in strategy mid game. I hope our allegiance abilities are responsive.    

I'm personally hoping we get some kind of combat drug mechanic for our mortals, considering all the of the potion vials on their belts. Something like the aetherquartz buffs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

I'm personally hoping we get some kind of combat drug mechanic for our mortals, considering all the of the potion vials on their belts. Something like the aetherquartz buffs.

Something like that  would be great. I may be remembering incorrectly, but Emperor's Children got combat drugs in Psychic Awakening that let them gets buffs - I can't remember if it was for just one turn or pick at the start of the game. 

If it could work like aethetquartz that'd be fantastic, and it'd be cool if they could take it to excess and get a bigger benefit with a much harsher penalty.

I have a feeling Sigvald will have a rule that stops him being affected by buffs or debuffs (inc rend) from other models as he's too vain. If he's like his Legends counterpart, he may have a 3+ rerolling too (with a penalty for failing as he gets caught up in his own reflection).

• Like 1

Less enamoured of the idea of an Aethergold or Aetherquartz equivalent simply because we've seen that in several armies already and I think let them have their own unique toy to play with.

We have Depravity points already and, as I mentioned before, I'd love for that to have a whole host of expanded uses. Let the Daemon side of Slannesh use it for summoning while the mortal side can use it to get bonus pile ins, extra movement, cast a spell, bonuses to hit or save or whatever.

Rather than us having a constant cycle of dying and resummoning we instead lose units and models as the game goes on but that just makes the remaining models we do have more powerful to compensate as they have a bigger pool of Depravity to spend for 'tech' effects.

I dunno. Maybe Blissbarb archers generate depravity for every wound they deal with their bows. They lock the enemy into writhing extacy which generates depravity for Slannesh. Etc.

But I'm just wishlisting :D

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SorryLizard said:

We have Depravity points already and, as I mentioned before, I'd love for that to have a whole host of expanded uses. Let the Daemon side of Slannesh use it for summoning while the mortal side can use it to get bonus pile ins, extra movement, cast a spell, bonuses to hit or save or whatever.

I agree, it'd be nice to see other options for Depravity points :) I think the only issue is it could become like Bloodtithe, which is frustrating to use as it forces you to choose between summoning and allegiance abilities. As an extra, it's great, I'd just like us to have a more permanent allegiance ability too that doesn't rely on gathering points or not summoning.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

I'd also like to see the fane reworked some.

Yeah, I'd love to see this too. It's not awful as it is - it's a nice bonus to combat heroes - but it's just boring doesn't interact with our army really at all. I like the idea of making bargains, but the current iteration isn't interesting enough. 

Also, I think this makes us the first army to have terrain and endless spells that may see a rework (although maybe Sylvaneth's woods were reworked? I can't remember). It'll be interesting to see if they're willing to make big changes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SorryLizard said:

Less enamoured of the idea of an Aethergold or Aetherquartz equivalent simply because we've seen that in several armies already and I think let them have their own unique toy to play with.

Rather than us having a constant cycle of dying and resummoning we instead lose units and models as the game goes on but that just makes the remaining models we do have more powerful to compensate as they have a bigger pool of Depravity to spend for 'tech' effects.

I dunno. Maybe Blissbarb archers generate depravity for every wound they deal with their bows. They lock the enemy into writhing extacy which generates depravity for Slannesh. Etc.

But I'm just wishlisting :D

I'd be in favor of it as long as it's distinct. Something like the old 3e Dark Eldar combat drugs, where you could take multiple effects at significant risk, or one fairly safely. It would be great if it's not a one-time use effect, but something that allows you to customize your units on the fly to adapt to situations at hand. That runs the risk of having one no-brainer always-take effect though, like we saw with the Ossiarch unit that had a similar ability with their stances.

• Like 1

The Slaangors are really really really good IMO.  I think it's sublte and they are a bit hunched over, but I have the Minotaur Slaanesh model from the 1987 range and these capture it well.  The combination of Gor and Slaanesh aesthetic is really top notch and they look enjoyable to paint.   

At first I was just going to convert 3 Gors up with the plethora of plastic Daemonette bitz i have but tbh I'm going to probably look at picking up at least one kit of Slaangors hoping they work for both BoC and Slaanesh or at least I can make them BL in HoS somehow for more casual fluffy games.  

2 hours ago, Siphon said:

Do we know if they are Bullgor equivalents?  They look bigger then regular gors right?

It would be a shame if they don’t get the Beasts of Chaos keyword.

they will be Tzaangor equivalents.  the Dread Pageant Slaangor has 3W and a profile akin to Tzaangors.  40 mm  base.  

I 100% agree  but since GW talked about them in regards to BoC I am confident they should get Brayherds

They will most likely be equivalent to enlightened just judging on the size.  

I can’t wait to see what happens when waaaagh! Gordrakk and the combined Sigvald and glutos horde descend on Excelsis in the next Broken Realms book.  My gut feeling is the orruks will breach the walls and the slaaneshi host will show up afterwards to claim victory much like what happened when Morathi came out and lead the counter attack that crushed the besiegers in her book.

I hope they just let Destruction have the win. They've been so neglected for a while and it would be cool for all of this build up and hints and such throughout the fictions to pay for for them.

Sigvald is Magnificent. Gluttos is gonna love eating his way across the realms.

Let Gordrakk be the unquestioned poster boy for Destruction.

• Like 3

I want to see Bigteef come barreling into Sigvald and knock some of his magnificent teeth out.  I know he’s the best representation of vainglory in the realm of all things slaaneshi but I just never really liked him and his novel didn’t really help 😛

2 hours ago, Overread said:

*fingers crossed for info this sunday*

It is torturing that they are giving us some awesome short stories and lore stipites, but nothing regarding rule teasers! I feel the hype building speed; the Slaanesh release is so exciting that it feels like a holiday.   Everyone is seems to be on the edge of their seat and very positive, and I am on the same boat; hopefully sometime this weekend they give us a rule tease.

Regarding the recent teasers, the Lord of Gluttony parallels distinctively from Sigvald, yet both are very much Slaaneshi. I really like this, and I hope that in the future releases that the writers and GW continue to creatively explore Slaanesh's diversity. I also assumed the Lord of Gluttony would be a cannibal, but I didn't expect him to be eating the raw brains and flesh of his victims so carelessly; the way they described him biting into the brain like it's a common snack and having the fluids rip from his mouth is vividly shuddering and gross. Imagining his followers going into a feasting frenzy after the battle also isn't pleasant to imagine. This is the type of behavior I would expect from beastmen, skaven, or other mindless/animalistic chaos followers. It seems that the creative teams/writers aren't holding back when it comes to the grittier and darker realty that Slaanesh represents. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

It is torturing that they are giving us some awesome short stories and lore stipites, but nothing regarding rule teasers! I feel the hype building speed; the Slaanesh release is so exciting that it feels like a holiday.   Everyone is seems to be on the edge of their seat and very positive, and I am on the same boat; hopefully sometime this weekend they give us a rule tease.

If memory serves, rule previews usually comes after the first preorder announcement (ie next week if the first preorder announcement comes this sunday).

• Like 1

I just want to see how Depravity is changing. I need to know that all those gorgeous new units aren't going to be nigh useless because of a core faction mechanic that disincentivizes their use, and most of all, I want Fiends to get some love! 

Edited by Jaskier

2 hours ago, Carnith said:

It will be the largest disappointment in all of human history if Slaanesh isn't announced for preorder tomorrow. 

We will get our new range, I am just hoping that rules are good.

I am mildly worried that some units will be left irrelevant or made irrelevant. Fiends, possibly Slaangors.

Twin souls? Hammer? Painbringers? Anvil?

Also, I think that playing without Sigvald or Glutos will be rather difficult.

• Like 1

Interesting call, I think they've generally done a pretty good job making armies work well whether you choose to use the unique characters or not (off the top of my head I can't think of a faction which falls back on a 'must take' unique character.  Morathi perhaps, but you can still run plenty of decent DoK lists without her.)  But it doesn't look like Glutos and Sigvald are going to have generic hero equivalents, and I suspect Slaanesh is still going to be leaning more towards heroes than other factions might, so you may well be right.

Personally I'm hoping that Slaangor are going to be a bit beefier than mere Tzaangor and that the Underworlds statline is an undersell (as we saw with Mollog), I'd love if they were on 50mm bases, 5+ wounds, etc.   But we'll see I suppose, the Tzaangor equivalent is probably more ikely.

• Like 2

I think it's kind of a shame there isn't going to  be any native melee chaff for Hedonites. A bunch of lightly armoured drugged-out skirmishers for screening the good stuff seems totally in keeping with the faction to me. As it stands, I guess we're still gonna have to use ungors/marauders? 

The new Seeker models look sick though. Can't wait until we start seeing some rules for the new stuff. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lucentia said:

Interesting call, I think they've generally done a pretty good job making armies work well whether you choose to use the unique characters or not (off the top of my head I can't think of a faction which falls back on a 'must take' unique character.  Morathi perhaps, but you can still run plenty of decent DoK lists without her.)  But it doesn't look like Glutos and Sigvald are going to have generic hero equivalents, and I suspect Slaanesh is still going to be leaning more towards heroes than other factions might, so you may well be right.

Personally I'm hoping that Slaangor are going to be a bit beefier than mere Tzaangor and that the Underworlds statline is an undersell (as we saw with Mollog), I'd love if they were on 50mm bases, 5+ wounds, etc.   But we'll see I suppose, the Tzaangor equivalent is probably more ikely.

Tzaangor come in boxes of 10+ while all the pictures of Slanngor are of 3 models. That suggests they're bigger and meaner than a Tzaangor.