AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Hmmm. No infantry with glaives and the new persian style have been previewed. Unless they're hiding something that makes our mortal infantry horde still marauders.

But the maurauder models suck and don't have the persian look anyway.

What's out there in fantasy or historicals that fits the bill?

Victrix has their new Persian Infantry for good quality hard plastic and cheap

https://www.victrixlimited.com/collections/persians/products/persian-unarmoured-spearman

Anything else out there?

23 hours ago, Overread said:

One thing that is shocking is that over the last 30 years slaanesh hasn't had any new demon monsters; despite the rich lore and infinite possibilities they are still running around with the same core that they've had for years. The mortals are being fleshed out a lot this time around and the leaders are fleshed out - I really hope at some point GW could put their creative heads together and come up with some new "monsters" and demons for the army. Perhaps something with wings and flight or something totally warped and crazy. Something to join the fiend as a demon that isn't humanoid. 

Something that isn't a re-release of old designs or a reinvention of a current model. Something new and fresh and exciting to pair with the exciting new stuff we've had thus far. 

I have been in WHFB/40K for almost 18 years. Chaos player first and foremost. Managed to gather pretty much every Chaos lore book out there.  It is very clear that Slaanesh has never been GW favorite god, so to speak. Nurgle and Tzeentch have a coherent philosophy and I would even use word theology for them. Khorne is relatively straightforward. Of all Chaos gods, Slaanesh is the only one of infinite possibilities, which is quite paradoxical given how Slaanesh has been treated in WHFB/40K/AOS.  That is to say, Slaanesh has been the neglected one since day one. Over the years, I read and saw explorations of Slaanesh by various fans and while most were below average, some were excellent. That is the thing with Slaanesh, a good dosage of creativity is required to truly make Slaanesh shine.

I did not pull that perfume/fragrance idea out of nothing. Years ago, I read a blog where one woman was writing a incredible lore for existing but also completely new daemons and mortals, with accompanying artwork for each hero, unit and monster. In her own words, she took a concept, in this case, the olfactory sense, and explored it in context of Slaanesh. I curse myself for not saving her lore and art, for she deleted he r blog and I was never able to find it again.

But to give a example that all of you can read right now.  A Slaaneshi Kurnoth: http://hgpowell.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-woods-of-bloody-thorns-slaaneshs.html

• Like 2

NOTE this months free Warhammer coin at participating Games Workshop Stores (not 3rd party) is - SLAANESH! Contact your local GW store for details (esp if they are currently locked down to see if there's any reserve lists or the like). 

Free model looks like it might be Slaanesh as well, but I would wager many of us are not in dire need of a free deamonette and it can be great to leave them for newer gamers and new Slaanesh players to be tempted into the hobby and army :)

• Like 1

When Warhammer’s not live, and you’re waiting for all the new Space Marines, Necrons, and Warhammer Underworlds goodies you pre-ordered this weekend to arrive,* Warhammer Community will have loads of articles for you to enjoy, including a White Dwarf preview, a speedy new community painting contest, a dive into the lore of the Hedonites of Slaanesh, and the very first entry in a new regular series.

Finally.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Do we know DoK is coming out at the same time?

Yep it was confirmed in the web page article for the preview weekend. DoK are coming right alongside the Slaanesh forces. 

We know for certain that DoK are getting a new Battletome and Endless Spells. If anything else it would be nice to get the Warcry troop box for Shadowstalkers as well. After that we don't know anything else. Eg we don't know if either army will get dice, accessories or anything else.

DoK could do with a terrain feature and Hedonites could do with a new Herald (which would then mean the entire current line is plastic and not 1 bit of finecast left - at least in the core army). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Yep it was confirmed in the web page article for the preview weekend. DoK are coming right alongside the Slaanesh forces. 

We know for certain that DoK are getting a new Battletome and Endless Spells. If anything else it would be nice to get the Warcry troop box for Shadowstalkers as well. After that we don't know anything else. Eg we don't know if either army will get dice, accessories or anything else.

DoK could do with a terrain feature and Hedonites could do with a new Herald (which would then mean the entire current line is plastic and not 1 bit of finecast left - at least in the core army). 

Ahhh, must have missed that :) I'm kinda hopeful that out release will be just one week, rather than split. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SorryLizard said:

Hmmm. No infantry with glaives and the new persian style have been previewed. Unless they're hiding something that makes our mortal infantry horde still marauders.

Victrix has their new Persian Infantry for good quality hard plastic and cheap

https://www.victrixlimited.com/collections/persians/products/persian-unarmoured-spearman

Anything else out there?

Since the aesthetic of the minis is kind of a Middle Eastern mishmash rather than historical Persian, I've been printing these for my marauders: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-arabian-nights-warriors-145636

They fit pretty well.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Overread said:

The Shadowstalkers are already available as a separate box.

23 hours ago, SorryLizard said:

I've been searching for a good alternative for a while but imo the only good option is converting GW models. Cultists or warbands with weapon and headswaps seem solid. 

15 minutes ago, umpac said:

I've been searching for a good alternative for a while but imo the only good option is converting GW models. Cultists or warbands with weapon and headswaps seem solid. 

I'm wondering if the archers will be easy to convert. It's hard with a two handed bow, but some snipping, repositioning, and greenstuff would help.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm wondering if the archers will be easy to convert. It's hard with a two handed bow, but some snipping, repositioning, and greenstuff would help.

It would be pretty easy to convert the bow arms to shield hands, and a good deal of the archers are bow/ccw equipped already, so I think it'd probably be a rather straightforward conversion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

It would be pretty easy to convert the bow arms to shield hands, and a good deal of the archers are bow/ccw equipped already, so I think it'd probably be a rather straightforward conversion.

Revisiting the archers, a lot of them only have one hand on the bow anyway so a conversion would be super easy. That said, I'm unsure on base size

Screenshot_20201225-122535_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20201225-122431_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20201225-122510_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Revisiting the archers, a lot of them only have one hand on the bow anyway so a conversion would be super easy. That said, I'm unsure on base size

image.png.18ee998f996677c421799da12bbcdebe.png

Based on a comparison of the rim size in the overlap there, I'm fairly certain they're on 25mm, though there's a chance they could be on a weird new base size that's close. I think there's at least something on a 28mm, maybe in Warcry?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CeleFAZE said:

image.png.18ee998f996677c421799da12bbcdebe.png

Based on a comparison of the rim size in the overlap there, I'm fairly certain they're on 25mm, though there's a chance they could be on a weird new base size that's close. I think there's at least something on a 28mm, maybe in Warcry?

I'd thought 25mm beforehand, but it looks like the humanculous is on a smaller base - maybe it's just the angle?

Blissbarb-Archers-Age-Of-Sigmar.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucentia said:

The Shadowstalkers are already available as a separate box.

Aye but only their warcry box which comes with the warcry cards/tokens. Traditionally the Warcry bands have two boxes, one for Warcry and one for AoS - with the AoS box offering a lower price per model due to the lack of needing to include cards. The Chaos versions also had 2 full sets to a box, not sure if they'll do the same for Shadow Stalkers since they aren't a swarm/horde unit but we'll find out in time.

It's basically GW future proofing those models for when/if Warcry closes down or if its card stock content changes or runs out etc...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'd thought 25mm beforehand, but it looks like the humanculous is on a smaller base - maybe it's just the angle?

Blissbarb-Archers-Age-Of-Sigmar.jpg

I can't believe I missed that. Also considering the extreme height difference of the daemonette compared to the archer, I'm no longer nearly as certain as I was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CeleFAZE said:

I can't believe I missed that. Also considering the extreme height difference of the daemonette compared to the archer, I'm no longer nearly as certain as I was.

I am hoping they're on 25mm, but I'm expecting 32mm. I am wondering what that homonculous will do - it's rare that you get a unit with a model separate to the other models. I can think of Squig herders and Warcry/Underworlds Warbands if you count them, but not much else.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Enoby said:

. I am wondering what that homonculous will do

I think he/she/it will buff the Bows of the Unit as Long as he/she/it is on the field/in the Unit. Remember there are Mechiks to Sniper a separat Modell fropm a Unit (like the Archer or Bowman by the LRL, there are as Long a Wizzard as the Champion life (fly in with a SCDrakestar, eat them and no longer mortals they spread)