AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

On 11/18/2020 at 2:24 PM, Enoby said:

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but despite the name, I fear we won't be getting any mortals this preview. At first I was optimistic, but none of the teasers in the lead up really look like ours. 

I'm fairly confident that we are at least getting a teaser, the colour of the word decadence? The handwriting? The hedonite coin? The events surrounding broken realms? The facebook posts surrounding the newborn? I think Slaanesh mortals is the big shebang of the preview. Hence the colour text use, they used purple instead of the green decay, decay seems like a smaller part of the preview.  

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shinros said:

I'm fairly confident that we are at least getting a teaser, the colour of the word decadence? The handwriting? The hedonite coin? The events surrounding broken realms? The facebook posts surrounding the newborn? I think Slaanesh mortals is the big shebang of the preview. Hence the colour text use, they use purple instead of the green decay, decay seems like a smaller part of the preview.  

At first, I would definitely have agreed with you - and I do, to a point. Decedence is stylised for Slaanesh, and Slaanesh had been getting good attention on the Facebook page. But on the other hand, I'm worried we're being overhyped for a book release with no new models - so just the announcement of 'Broken Realms: Slaanesh'. It's nice, sure, but not quite what we'd want on it's own. This is mostly because the preview images don't seem Slaaneshi at all (for now); you'd think, if we were getting a big Slaanesh mortal release, we'd have seen more previews that would suggest they were coming. 

I would love to be wrong! 

• Like 1

Im ashamed to admit despite owning close to 1.5k points of slaanesh daemons now, getting the chariot in shadow and pain is the first time I've bought a slaanesh chariot. As a quick question can you, and should i buy another chariot kit (likely from somebody selling the same one from S&P on eBay) and assemble it as an exalted seeker chariot?

I know such questions are not the best on these forums, but it's hard to know how good or bad the chariots genuinly are given how much we depend on depravity points.

42 minutes ago, Vurtias said:

Im ashamed to admit despite owning close to 1.5k points of slaanesh daemons now, getting the chariot in shadow and pain is the first time I've bought a slaanesh chariot. As a quick question can you, and should i buy another chariot kit (likely from somebody selling the same one from S&P on eBay) and assemble it as an exalted seeker chariot?

I know such questions are not the best on these forums, but it's hard to know how good or bad the chariots genuinly are given how much we depend on depravity points.

As far as chariots go you cant go too wrong with an exalted chariot in either AoS or 40k. I'd say its a safe buy. Outside of that you should really have a plan or just expect mediocrity out of the modest hellflayer or seeker chariot. 

12 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

To think I was getting a bit miffed about my purchase of Shadow and Pain. Super nice mortal sculpts. Prefer the helmeted ones I think. The box hero will look ace with them. 

I had a feeling more mortals were coming, also shadow and pain will be the only source for the lord of pain until its released. Such heroes take more than half a year to come out sometimes.

This just goes to show GW has been listening to what peoples complaints about their products what with new mortals being revealed.  
An aside does anyone else feel like there is going to be a bigger range of releases based on the wording at the end of the community post.  I’m curious to see where they go with the newborn from broken realms.  Hopefully it’s something like they did with Katakros and Lethis, but who knows.  I really hope it’s not just Sigvald but some new daemon model that is on par with the other god models they have.

I'm loving these new models and I'm very glad to be wrong. I'm hoping that, with these, we get a big update to our rulebook (either with a new book or Broken Realms). These new models will hopefully mix up our playstyle a lot, especially if there's more to come. 

I have a feeling Sigvald will be similar in ability to the Light of Eltharion - a really good duelist that will beat most things 1v1.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Someone on Facebook suggested that you might be able to see Slaangors in the background in the video. Not the Direchasm Slaangor, either; it looks like different horns.

Might be wishful thinking, but who knows?

I've got a (perhaps too optimistic feeling) that we might have quite a bit more from this release. Just judging by very blurry shots in the background, I can see a few things that seem good for us. It looks like two Slaangors (makes no sense for them both to be the same Underworlds model), a single hero of some sort on the steps (maybe a caster? Very hard to tell), and what might be a much larger model behind everyone (though this is incredibly difficult to work out).

Screenshot_20201122-000157_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20201122-000247_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20201122-000320_YouTube.jpg

• Like 2

That puts us at how many new warscrolls?

Sigvald, LoP, two armored units are 100% confirmed, that is 4.

Then we have Slaangors, Archers (and quite possibly Spears as an option), Hero in the background, that big model behind the hero, and tall model on the cliff to the left of Slaangors, so 5-6 more?

9-10 new warscrolls sounds like a new book, meaning new allegiances and subfactions... let's hope that GW puts some thought into it, rather than releasing first draft like they usually do with Chaos, resulting in nonsense, broken or useless.

My preference for depravity would be to generate 1 DP at the end of phase for each unit that took damage but was not destroyed. That would give equal usefulness to units and heroes, while reducing bookkeeping as you would count much less points per turn and it would avoid annoying situations with KoS charging into multi-wound, multi-model units and then figure out how many wounds were not lethal.

• Like 3

It really does look like it's going to be a big release, which hopefully means a whole new Battletome and not just a Broken Realms update (tjough I'd be perfectly happy with that too!) After losing Hellstriders as Battleline, it's a guarantee at least one (Slaangors) of the new units will be a Battleline option which will shore up a big hole in our roster. The new mortals give us something we previously relied on Slaves for; elite heavy infantry, and new mortal heroes will hopefully give us cheaper ways of generating depravity so we can field the new toys and not feel penalised for spending points outside of the leader slots.

Sigvald and both kits they've shown are absolutely fantastic aesthetically; Sigvald in particular is just...wow! There are super exciting times ahead for us, fellow Hedonites :D

Edited by Jaskier

1 hour ago, Golub87 said:

That puts us at how many new warscrolls?

Sigvald, LoP, two armored units are 100% confirmed, that is 4.

Then we have Slaangors, Archers (and quite possibly Spears as an option), Hero in the background, that big model behind the hero, and tall model on the cliff to the left of Slaangors, so 5-6 more?

9-10 new warscrolls sounds like a new book, meaning new allegiances and subfactions... let's hope that GW puts some thought into it, rather than releasing first draft like they usually do with Chaos, resulting in nonsense, broken or useless.

My preference for depravity would be to generate 1 DP at the end of phase for each unit that took damage but was not destroyed. That would give equal usefulness to units and heroes, while reducing bookkeeping as you would count much less points per turn and it would avoid annoying situations with KoS charging into multi-wound, multi-model units and then figure out how many wounds were not lethal.

Seriously, half of my games with Slaanesh are just me making tally marks to keep track of my depravity.

Even just the new mortals that have been explicitly shown are everything I wanted out of an update. If we get more units (as the blurry background finds seem to indicate) I'm basically buying a second army of Slaaneshi mortals with zero regrets. It's so weird to see my faction getting so much love after languishing for as long as we have, but I'm living for it.

Best thing to come out of 2020.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

With the likely assumption we'll get more, what do you guys think we need to make our mortal side really stand on its own?

We have fast cavalry in Hellstriders, two combat heroes (LoP and Sigvald), and two infantry (in the Painbringers and Two Souls, though we're not sure how tanky they'll be, I'll guess 2 wounds).

6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

With the likely assumption we'll get more, what do you guys think we need to make our mortal side really stand on its own?

We have fast cavalry in Hellstriders, two combat heroes (LoP and Sigvald), and two infantry (in the Painbringers and Two Souls, though we're not sure how tanky they'll be, I'll guess 2 wounds).

It likely comes down to what we can expect our army-wide rules to look like after this update.

We're currently lacking support buffing capabilities, mortal mass-battleline infantry, ranged support, -2 rend in anything beyond our heroes for the most part, and dedicated mortal casters. Any of those would be an amazing addition to our toolkit.

• Like 2