AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Just now, Grimrock said:

Also an interesting note, based on the artwork and the sprue pictures it's getting pretty likely that the chariot in the box is just a single kit instead of the double needed to create an exalted chariot. That definitely hurts the value for me since I really have no interest in a single seeker chariot running around. I guess I'll be waiting the 6 months for the character to come out on his own.

I had the same thought.  granted IMO the box doesn't really have value as even splitting it I would rather just wait and buy the single hero.  

Has anyone thought about the Infernal Enrapturess(es) lately?  I've been toying with them.  I'm seeing a lot of negativity towards magic in the meta in the BoC and Sylvaneth threads these days.  

24 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

I had the same thought.  granted IMO the box doesn't really have value as even splitting it I would rather just wait and buy the single hero.  

Has anyone thought about the Infernal Enrapturess(es) lately?  I've been toying with them.  I'm seeing a lot of negativity towards magic in the meta in the BoC and Sylvaneth threads these days.  

I've toyed with the idea of running some kind of weird Slaaneshi gunline with 6 enrapturesses to snipe out enemy heroes and make magic a risky gamble, but it would make the list really vulnerable to return fire and 24" is out of range for some of the more punishing spell builds that I'm aware of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Popisdead said:

I was doing a few experiments with multiple Enrapturess', but the points tends to proliferate quite quickly. 

You would need to be low drop as well to get it to function which means double battalion or something similar. 

19 hours ago, Popisdead said:

I tried running it vs Kroak Seraphon - it dies quite miserably to any amount of MW generation at range and it does not hinder spellcasters all that much.

I find Contorted Epitome to be the best anti-caster leader we have. It is all but immune to MW snipes and it has two unbinds with rr and it does other stuff with 4+ Locus bubble after rolling for regular Locus and somewhat decent melee profile.

Enraptures is a great model, but the most use I find for it is to be a backfield leader hero to be kept out of harms way in order to maintain summoning ability.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, KoganStyle said:

Anyone think we will get a new/re-jigged Hellstrider warscroll with Shadow and Pain? The box is definitely underwhelming currently on the Slaanesh side. Would re-jigged warsceolls bump up the value for us (Daemonettes getting something new would be nice too)

I think it's more likely to be in the Morathi book. if it happens in, that would be my guess.

And about that. I'm starting to think the Slaves to Darkness part in the book must be Slaanesh affiliated. Why else the combo box in the the Daughters of Khaine. Mortal Seekers, would be a cool thing with the 3 Chariot box. And a nice link to the Deepkin that are involved. 

8 hours ago, Golub87 said:

I tried running it vs Kroak Seraphon - it dies quite miserably to any amount of MW generation at range and it does not hinder spellcasters all that much.

I find Contorted Epitome to be the best anti-caster leader we have. It is all but immune to MW snipes and it has two unbinds with rr and it does other stuff with 4+ Locus bubble after rolling for regular Locus and somewhat decent melee profile.

Enraptures is a great model, but the most use I find for it is to be a backfield leader hero to be kept out of harms way in order to maintain summoning ability.

I was wondering about using Lurid Invaders and ambushing them but I don't have the Everchosen book so I'm not sure about the details in that or playing Lurid Haze.  

2 hours ago, KoganStyle said:

Anyone think we will get a new/re-jigged Hellstrider warscroll with Shadow and Pain? The box is definitely underwhelming currently on the Slaanesh side. Would re-jigged warsceolls bump up the value for us (Daemonettes getting something new would be nice too)

I wonder more if the hero will have the HoS keywords.  

Well... hmm. Interesting anyway. The Lord of Pain has a good combat profile and he's decently survivable for a standard foot hero. The biggest issue is the command ability only affecting Hedonite Mortal so... hellstriders, himself, and Archaon. Archaon can get better buffs by bringing along a chaos sorcerer or warshrine, not to mention that a chaos lord can just make him attack twice with the exact same range and cost as Paragon of Depravity. I'm assuming he's built with future hedonite mortals in mind so he'll be more useful as time goes on, but for now I don't see a use for him unless you're running huge blocks of hellstriders. Even then you'll be hard pressed to keep up with them to give out the buff. Maybe there'll be a future battalion where slaves to darkness swap out their S2D keyword for Hedonites? 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 2

Just now, azdimy said:

Beautiful model but don t really see a place for him in HoS lists for now

Well is there room for anything that isn't a Keeper of Secrets right now?  ;)

Heck his special ability to reflect damage actually makes him worse at generating depravity in terms of wounds taken; and only evens the score if attacked by multiwound enemies (since a single wound one will just die to the reflected attack and not generate depravity). 

But that's really issues with the weak link in the battletome which is depravity and how it basically invalidates any build that isn't focusing on depravity. 

2 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Well... hmm. Interesting anyway. The Lord of Pain has a good combat profile and he's decently survivable for a standard foot hero. The biggest issue is the command ability only affecting Hedonite Mortal so... hellstriders, himself, and Archaon. Archaon can get better buffs by bringing along a chaos sorcerer or warshrine, not to mention that a chaos lord can just make him attack twice with the exact same range and cost as Paragon of Depravity. I'm assuming he's built with future hedonite mortals in mind so he'll be more useful as time goes on, but for now I don't see a use for him unless you're running huge blocks of hellstriders. Even then you'll be hard pressed to keep up with them to give out the buff. Maybe there'll be a future battalion where slaves to darkness swap out their S2D keyword for Hedonites? 

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it clarified sometime ago that keywords referring to the specific name of the god army and god keyword are interchangeable? Meaning that anything that applies to HEDONITE applies to SLAANESH as well?

Still, Lord of Pain is quite underwhelming even if his command ability could go on any StD SLAANESH MORTAL, there are still much better buffing options (aforementioned Warshrine or Chaos Lord).

On 11/5/2020 at 11:05 PM, Popisdead said:

I was wondering about using Lurid Invaders and ambushing them but I don't have the Everchosen book so I'm not sure about the details in that or playing Lurid Haze.   

Lurid Haze is THE host for me. That said, you only get to ambush d3 units so you want to get something hard hitting and fast in the opponents backfield (like Marauders, they have all but guaranteed charge).

Lurid Haze command ability is also huge, giving +1 save to a chosen unit.

On the flip side, its artifact is underwhelming  (+1 W) so you can just toss it in the Fane. You will be wanting a sybarites battalion for extra CP generation anyway, so you can pick up a more interesting artifact trough that.

Edited by Golub87

5 hours ago, Golub87 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it clarified sometime ago that keywords referring to the specific name of the god army and god keyword are interchangeable? Meaning that anything that applies to HEDONITE applies to SLAANESH as well?

The only FAQ I'm aware of allowed the S2D battalions to be used in god allegiance armies, nothing about changing keywords, unfortunately.

Hellstriders with whips have been updated - they now have two attacks with the whips, and if they charged, they give -1 to hit (I can't make out the ability fully). They may have lost their soul hunters ability, but with the inbuilt extra attack it doesn't really matter.

I'm unsure if clawspears have been updated

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Hellstriders with whips have been updated - they now have two attacks with the whips, and if they charged, they give -1 to hit (I can't make out the ability fully). They may have lost their soul hunters ability, but with the inbuilt extra attack it doesn't really matter.

I'm unsure if clawspears have been updated

From watching the BoLS video, all i could see is that neither appear to have the Soul Hunters ability and tha Claw Spears profile is unchanged bu they have gained the "Piercing Strike" rule, which i couldnt read what it does, maybe +1 AP and/or D on the charge.

Edited by Vurtias