AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

1 hour ago, DesB said:

Has the Host of Syl Esske been squatted? I know the battalions don't have a cost in GHB 2020, but does this mean the rules associated with them are gone?

Yeah its dead

So since people were talking about the BoC/HoS and I mentioned I had been playing it when the book initially dropped, I'll post my initial list and then what the new version is that way you can see the evolution and maybe I can explain how I got to where I got.

Summer 2019 Hedonites of Slaanesh
Godseekers

Keeper of Secrets
General: Huntress Supreme
Thermalrider Cloak

Keeper of Secrets
Girdle of the Realm Racer

Contorted Epitome

Supreme Sybarites

10 Hellstriders

Doombull
Magmablade

3x10 Ungors

2x20 Ungor Raiders

Depraved Drove

3 Drops

GHB 2020 Hedonites of Slaanesh
Invaders
Lurid Haze

Doombull
General

Doombull
General
Oil of Exultation

Great Bray-Shaman
General: Feverish Anticipation
The Rod of Misrule

40 Marauders
Axes and Shields

40 Marauders
Axes and Shields

20 Gors
Axes and Shields

5x 10 Ungor Raiders

3x 10 Bestigors

Depraved Drove

Malevolent Maelstrom 

3 Drops

I'd like a behemoth in the new list but the tradeoff is a bit too high for my liking, I'd have to test if a cygor chucking a rock at a skink is at all effective or not. 

• Like 1

Host of Syll is dead for the most part. It falls under "Ask your opponent or TO if you can bring it", but outside of summoning, since there are no traits or artifacts, you have to bring a realm artifact and most of them are bad now, at least before you could give a keeper thermal rider for some speed and the ability to fly. 

9 hours ago, JackOfBlades said:

What is the strategy supposed to be for the Dreadful Visage and Wheels of Excruciation endless spells? When are you supposed to take them for what uses?

They both have a strong mortal wound ability, especially against low armoured heroes. They have their uses as ranged damage, but they're not pivotal to our lists  

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/24/legendary-battalions-update/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Jp8AWDibSM2831yA.pdf

Q: When choosing an army for a Pitched Battle, what publications can I use without my opponent’s permission?

A: You can use the warscrolls for units with a Pitched Battle profile listed in the General’s Handbook 2020 (excluding those listed in the Legends Pitched Battle Profiles section) and the warscrolls for units with a Pitched Battle profile in a publication that has a release date of August 2020 or later. In addition, when choosing your army, you can use rules from any of the following publications and any that have a release date of August 2020 or later:

Tome Celestial: The Host of Syll’Esske – White Dwarf October 2019

This army is fully legit for play now as GW have reversed their stance and made old battalions from White Dwarf and other supplements legal without requiring permission.

Hopefully it breathes some life back into the long time HoS players who want a good army not a broken OP or weak army.  

I only wish they had included the Depraved Drove.  Syll'Eske and a retinue of Doombulls would have been fun and I think with Keepers being tricky and shooting being prevalent a bunch of lower level heroes, maybe Exalted Chaos Champs or Ex BB Chariots are good options.

Edited by Popisdead

14 hours ago, plavski said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/24/legendary-battalions-update/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Jp8AWDibSM2831yA.pdf

This army is fully legit for play now as GW have reversed their stance and made old battalions from White Dwarf and other supplements legal without requiring permission.

Wonder if this will really have an impact on Slaanesh. The meta ATM is very much shooting/magic and Syll'Esske isnt exactly that tanky.

3 hours ago, Kasper said:

Wonder if this will really have an impact on Slaanesh. The meta ATM is very much shooting/magic and Syll'Esske isnt exactly that tanky.

They're certainly not tanky, but they do help us regain our lost troops. I don't know if it will impact the meta, but it gives us another option. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Enoby said:

They're certainly not tanky, but they do help us regain our lost troops. I don't know if it will impact the meta, but it gives us another option. 

Im just thinking since the current meta is very much shooting/magic that many of the top armies will simply remove Syll'Esske turn 1, then you wont really benefit from the host. KO, Tzeentch and Seraphon should be able to take out Syll'Esske fairly easily even turn 1. 

The host was much better when much of the gameplay revolved around close combat armies.

After the Malign arefacts are gone I think about a tripple Keeper List with Shalaxi. But I am not shure if he is worth it.

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Pretenders Host

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Command Trait: Strength of Goodhood  
- Artefact: Sliverslash  
- Host Option: Strongest Alone 
- Spell: Born of Damnation
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- Sinistrous Hand
- Artefact: Cameo of the Dark Prince  
- Spell: Hysterical Frenzy
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince(210)
- Axe
- Axe
Shalaxi Helbane (360)
- Shining Aegis
- Spell: Slothful Stupor

Battleline
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Pair of Hand Weapons
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Pair of Hand Weapons
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Pair of Hand Weapons

Battalions
Supreme Sybarites (150)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 88

5 hours ago, Drazhoath said:

After the Malign arefacts are gone I think about a tripple Keeper List with Shalaxi. But I am not shure if he is worth it.

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Pretenders Host

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Command Trait: Strength of Goodhood  
- Artefact: Sliverslash  
- Host Option: Strongest Alone 
- Spell: Born of Damnation
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- Sinistrous Hand
- Artefact: Cameo of the Dark Prince  
- Spell: Hysterical Frenzy
- Axe
- Axe
Shalaxi Helbane (360)
- Shining Aegis
- Spell: Slothful Stupor

Battleline
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Pair of Hand Weapons
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Pair of Hand Weapons
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Pair of Hand Weapons

Battalions
Supreme Sybarites (150)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 88

Cameo of the Dark prince is a godseeker artefact where your list would probably fare better imo. Sliverslash is very strong but that keeper will be the first to die unless your opponent doesn t know what it does and that s only what you re getting from your host selection. With 40pts left, I would trade shalaxi for a 3rd regular keeper of secret since you have the points. I ve had good success with the daemon prince but I would trade one for a contorded epitome who provides a reliable magic source and fares well with all the ranged mortal wounds attacks in the game

I d also suggest swapping the warrior paired weapons for hand weapon and shield to make them a bit more survivable

• Thanks 1

Does this look like a functional army list? I am not aiming for min-maxed optimisation, but I do want it to be playable.

I figure that even though I don't have many bodies of my own, that the Bladebringer fighting twice with Acquiescence and rerolling to wound can wipe out a horde unit per turn, and so I can at least equalise that. I love Fiends and so I was glad to see the new points reduction and Choir of Torments seeming to make them pretty good. The Prismatic Palisade will hopefully prevent my forces from being shot to shreds before they can be effective in what I've read is a ranged-heavy meta. And the Wheels of Excruciation and Mesmerising Mirror I know I could exchange for more bodies but I really like them,  and I figure I can use them for some area denial, damage, and actually making use of my spellcasting at the longer range.

Total: 2000 Points
Faction: Slaanesh, Invaders

950 - Heroes
220 – Bladebringer Herald on Exalted Chariot; General, Best of the Best, Rod of Misrule, Born of Damnation
380 - Keeper of Secrets; Sinistrous Hand, Progeny of Damnation
140 – Infernal Enrapturess
210 – Contorted Epitome; Rapier of Ecstatic Conquest,
Pavane of Slaanesh
790 - Units
110 – 10 Daemonettes
90 – 5 Chaos Warriors; Hand Weapons & Runeshields
90 – 5 Chaos Warriors; Hand Weapons & Runeshields
120 – 5 Seekers
380 – 6 Fiends
120 – Battalions
120 - Choir of Torments
140 – Endless Spells
60 – Mesmerising Mirror
50 – Wheels of Excruciation
30 – Prismatic Palisade
Terrain
Fane of Slaanesh

Edited by JackOfBlades

On 9/27/2020 at 5:56 AM, elfhead said:

I don't know how may of you visit the painting&modelling section and I'm really happy with this keeper I designed, printed and painted so I thought I would just share it here. More pics in my blog on the painting&modelling section:)

qtD6RrNl.jpg

gosh that looks like the art with Aenerion from 6th ed HE.  I think GEorc did one but his was strictly a conversion.  Can you scale yours up to full size? (looks like a 60mm base)  That's lovely work, thanks kindly for sharing.  Much appreciated seeing this.

On 9/25/2020 at 4:24 AM, Enoby said:

My option I"m going to start tinkering with is:

2 x Ch Lord on D Mount (using my boob snakes and riders)

Syll'Eske

Con Epi

Masq

Grashrak (not,.. sure I can take him actually now,... this morphed, maybe a Mortal hero to see if that+1 to hit pays off) or Exalted hero who also regens wounds.

60 Girls and Epicurean Revellers 

Cannot be invaders but the mounted lords regen wounds,  Just going to make a cluster of them moving up.

It is a start and going against the negative talk of Daemonettes are bad because,... well no one actually puts them in their lists.  and I love mine.

• Like 1

Hey guys 

Yesterday I had my first and probably last game against a Tzeentch Eternal Conflagation List with 2x10 Horrors, 2x6 Flamers, 6 exalted Flamers and a lot of Heroes.

I tried Archaon the first time and played a Keeper and tried Warriors and fast Seekers.

Turn 3 I skipped the game. I dont want mourn but that wasnt fun. Turn one he shot my fast units and a double turn later my heroes died...

Whats your experience with shooting Tzeentch and how did you manage this?