AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

26 minutes ago, azdimy said:

I think you have a good selection of models and no other is a must. In the future, maybe another keeper, I ve also recently added  a Daemon prince to my list  and it does really well especially as gw nerfed our locus, this guy has always strike first on its warscroll.

How I wish our seekers were battleline! If you play them maybe get some regular chariots too for the battalion that lets you pile in 6" with them and the seekers?

Regarding the hero battallion in pretender the 3-6 requirement is replaced by 1, so it s pretty bad in that host. I used to take it for the extra CP and access to a second artifacts but its 30pts increase means I no longer will in pretenders. It is still a stapple battlelion in the other two hosts however despite its hight cost

Ty for the answer. Hmmm what host and style should I go for then ? (I use to watch Vito from mwg on youtube and he runs this).  

Also again the battalion req. Of 1 hero. So that is maximum 1 hero ? I cannot bring 5 heroes in that battalion ? I just need to unserstand correctly. I also like the cp and extra artifact thou :(

Edited by SoSoCho

14 minutes ago, SoSoCho said:

Ty for the answer. Hmmm what host and style should I go for then ? (I use to watch Vito from mwg on youtube and he runs this).  

Also again the battalion req. Of 1 hero. So that is maximum 1 hero ? I cannot bring 5 heroes in that battalion ? I just need to unserstand correctly. I also like the cp and extra artifact thou :(

It is a minimum and a maximum of 1 hero for pretenders in the sybarite battallion yes. 

Pretenders lets you build the killiest keeper of all with the sliverslash artifact for 4 claw attacks twice for 1 cp. Godseeker is arguably still the best host in our arsenal as the changes have just pushed everything down but nothing sideways 

1 hour ago, azdimy said:

It is a minimum and a maximum of 1 hero for pretenders in the sybarite battallion yes. 

Pretenders lets you build the killiest keeper of all with the sliverslash artifact for 4 claw attacks twice for 1 cp. Godseeker is arguably still the best host in our arsenal as the changes have just pushed everything down but nothing sideways 

Aah so I dont have to take that 1 hero battalion to play pretenders? I think I misunderstood

Just to piggy back onto this: if you want to run Pretenders and want a battalion, I'd suggest having a look at the Depraved Drove Beasts of Chaos battalion :) It's actually pretty decent in that it lets you run beasts in Slaanesh (including with the benefit of 60 point battleline), and 30 bestigors do well from the rr1s that pretenders gives for free. The battalion's ability itself is naff, but imagine what it really says is "units of 30 Bestigors treat 6s at three hits rather than one". 

Not that I'd recommend starting with Beasts of Chaos in Slaanesh, but they're a fun point to branch out from

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Just to piggy back onto this: if you want to run Pretenders and want a battalion, I'd suggest having a look at the Depraved Drove Beasts of Chaos battalion :) It's actually pretty decent in that it lets you run beasts in Slaanesh (including with the benefit of 60 point battleline), and 30 bestigors do well from the rr1s that pretenders gives for free. The battalion's ability itself is naff, but imagine what it really says is "units of 30 Bestigors treat 6s at three hits rather than one". 

Not that I'd recommend starting with Beasts of Chaos in Slaanesh, but they're a fun point to branch out from

Hehe ty for the suggestion but I kinda havr my handt full with warhammer atm hehe. No more shopping 😛

• Like 1

Hello all - first time poster here. I just wondered if anyone has any tips on playing against Nurgle please? Last game my opponent used an artefact and his tree to force me to re-roll all my 6's to hit AND to wound which i didn't appreciate! I wondered if, apart from my placement, the Epicurean Revellers battalion countered this or still needed re-rolling? 

My whole army pool is daemonette, seeker, fiend and chariot heavy, with some (5) hellstriders, epitome, syll, enrapturess, masque, shalaxi and a keeper as heroes, just so you know what I'm working with. 

Atm I'm thinking of a fast list that almost ignores combat, and can chain summon around his slow troops to cap the inevitable objectives, but any advice would be wonderfully helpful 😃

1 hour ago, Rogz said:

Hello all - first time poster here. I just wondered if anyone has any tips on playing against Nurgle please? Last game my opponent used an artefact and his tree to force me to re-roll all my 6's to hit AND to wound which i didn't appreciate! I wondered if, apart from my placement, the Epicurean Revellers battalion countered this or still needed re-rolling? 

My whole army pool is daemonette, seeker, fiend and chariot heavy, with some (5) hellstriders, epitome, syll, enrapturess, masque, shalaxi and a keeper as heroes, just so you know what I'm working with. 

Atm I'm thinking of a fast list that almost ignores combat, and can chain summon around his slow troops to cap the inevitable objectives, but any advice would be wonderfully helpful 😃

Ah yes, the Witherstave!  So good!Was it on the GUO?  Surrounded by a pile of Plaquebearers?  If so, they are slow, although watch out for the tree.  You could try feeding him small units that lock him in place.

6 hours ago, Rogz said:

The battallion wont help with that. Better placement is your best tool. Also if you can bring rerolls for your own units it will help as a reroll cannot be rerolled

Hard to ignore combat with Slaanesh, after all you need Depravity points to summon and you really get those with your heroes in combat taking and dealing damage

5 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Designers commentary and FAQ dropped for the GHB. Looks like it's official, the old white dwarf battalions are no longer legal unless you have opponent permission or house rules.

I still don't get why GW is not clear,  i get it that the battalions are out but what about the host itself? Can I play syll'eskian host without taking one of its battalions?

Warscroll-builder still has the host to select on the website... 

1 hour ago, Scar said:

I still don't get why GW is not clear,  i get it that the battalions are out but what about the host itself? Can I play syll'eskian host without taking one of its battalions?

I think that's answered in the same way with the question above battalions:

Q: Can I use rules from older publications in Pitched Battle (2020) games, such as Mercenary Companies from the General’s Handbook 2019?
A: Yes, but only if your opponent agrees or a house rule permits it

Basically the host would be a rule from an older publication, just like mercenaries. I mean you could still argue about it, but it seems pretty clear to me currently. Either way I think I'll just totally ignore anything in white dwarf from now on. I'm glad I avoided picking up anything for syll'esk.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Scar said:

Am I too much of a cynic if I just say bc its lets them print a new White Dwarf article?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Scar said:

There are 3 ways to play.  People only fixate on Matched Play for tournaments.  Nothing is stoping you from using it in pick up games that are casual.  If your opponent feels they got stomped cause of it then don't use it again.  

On 8/3/2020 at 10:16 AM, Grimrock said:

Designers commentary and FAQ dropped for the GHB. Looks like it's official, the old white dwarf battalions are no longer legal unless you have opponent permission or house rules.

A lot of forum chatter is driven by tournament players gunning for top spot.  In reality that is so few of the games played of Warhammer.  At least it's clear but also,.. people should remember it's just a game.  Thanks Grimrock for the clarification.

Hello all, just curious on how you beat Fyreslayers? If at all that is, I always struggle against them hard. Its difficult to beat Hermdar Lords of the Lodge. My list I'm running is this

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Pretenders Host

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Command Trait: Strongest Alone
- Artefact: Sliverslash
- Host Option: Strength of Godhood
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- Sinistrous Hand
- Spell: Born of Damnation
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- Sinistrous Hand
- Spell: Slothful Stupor
The Contorted Epitome (210)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy
Be'Lakor (240)
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Mesmerising Mirror (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 240 / 400
Wounds: 87

10 hours ago, Blessed_by_Sigmar said:

Hello all, just curious on how you beat Fyreslayers? If at all that is, I always struggle against them hard. Its difficult to beat Hermdar Lords of the Lodge. My list I'm running is this

- Host: Pretenders Host

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Command Trait: Strongest Alone
- Artefact: Sliverslash
- Host Option: Strength of Godhood
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- Sinistrous Hand
- Spell: Born of Damnation
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- Sinistrous Hand
Be'Lakor (240)
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)

Mesmerising Mirror (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 240 / 400
Wounds: 87

Have you considered writing a new list? This list is very summer of 2019. 

2 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

Have you considered writing a new list? This list is very summer of 2019. 

While the list does hearken back to our hey day, I'm not sure what more we have that's pure Slaanesh. All of our nerfs have pushed us to do what we did but just be worse at it - the only thing they made slightly more attractive was fiends and that wasn't good enough. 

The Slaanesh battletome has some very strong qualities, but I feel it's now just a good way to bring the cheap units from Slaves to Darkness and Beasts of Chaos in to have army wide 6s are 2-3 hits. That said, keepers will always be our star unit with their meagre increase.

I do wonder if Archaon could be considered decent in our lists. He is very good at combat (if expensive) and has the hedonite keyword in addition to a lot of wounds and tankiness (plus the ability from the fane to easily reroll hits). Maybe swapping out two keepers for Archaon (making sure to keep a keeper) would work in a hero heavy list.  

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

While the list does hearken back to our hey day, I'm not sure what more we have that's pure Slaanesh. All of our nerfs have pushed us to do what we did but just be worse at it - the only thing they made slightly more attractive was fiends and that wasn't good enough. 

The Slaanesh battletome has some very strong qualities, but I feel it's now just a good way to bring the cheap units from Slaves to Darkness and Beasts of Chaos in to have army wide 6s are 2-3 hits. That said, keepers will always be our star unit with their meagre increase.

I do wonder if Archaon could be considered decent in our lists. He is very good at combat (if expensive) and has the hedonite keyword in addition to a lot of wounds and tankiness (plus the ability from the fane to easily reroll hits). Maybe swapping out two keepers for Archaon (making sure to keep a keeper) would work in a hero heavy list.  

Even at launch I was fairly certain the chaff heavy Depraved Drove list was the best list. But that required the flexibility of multiple flying KoS to apply scalpel like dmg. I'm of the mind now that the best build is a variety of explosive glass hammers, and cheap durable scoring units. KoS is probably not even competitive at this point with all the ranged dmg flying around. Depravity is a very marginal Battle Trait at this point I wouldn't even bother considering it in list building. 

Archaon seems ok in HoS only if so we can get access to different Endless Spells that support S2D units, a good platform for Hysterical Frenzy, and fight on death for Marauders. 

5 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

Even at launch I was fairly certain the chaff heavy Depraved Drove list was the best list. But that required the flexibility of multiple flying KoS to apply scalpel like dmg. I'm of the mind now that the best build is a variety of explosive glass hammers, and cheap durable scoring units. KoS is probably not even competitive at this point with all the ranged dmg flying around. Depravity is a very marginal Battle Trait at this point I wouldn't even bother considering it in list building. 

Archaon seems ok in HoS only if so we can get access to different Endless Spells that support S2D units, a good platform for Hysterical Frenzy, and fight on death for Marauders. 

I’ll be running a Pleasurebound Archaon as Lurid Haze list here in a couple weeks.  List is:

Archaon, Chaos Lord (LH req +1 wound), Sorc Lord (Rod of Misrule)

40/20 Marauders, 5 warriors, Warshrine, battalion, Mezmorizing Mirror.

Give Archaon reroll hits of 1 from the Fane, Warshrine buffs him with Nurgle buff, gives himself +1 save from LH CA, and Sorc Lord gives oculus...so he’s running around with a 1+ RR save and hitting almost all attacks on 2+ RR 1s, RR all wound rolls...he can locust and generates depravity and can cast the Mirror for funsies as needed...all while the marauders outflank and chew things up.  Oh and pleasurebound will let him pile in 6” when he charges...

question about the mirror as it’s been a long while since I’ve used it...ALL movement generated the d3 dmg correct?  So if you move in pile in/hero phase/etc you take d3?

20 minutes ago, Midjithero said:

I’ll be running a Pleasurebound Archaon as Lurid Haze list here in a couple weeks.  List is:

Archaon, Chaos Lord (LH req +1 wound), Sorc Lord (Rod of Misrule)

40/20 Marauders, 5 warriors, Warshrine, battalion, Mezmorizing Mirror.

Give Archaon reroll hits of 1 from the Fane, Warshrine buffs him with Nurgle buff, gives himself +1 save from LH CA, and Sorc Lord gives oculus...so he’s running around with a 1+ RR save and hitting almost all attacks on 2+ RR 1s, RR all wound rolls...he can locust and generates depravity and can cast the Mirror for funsies as needed...all while the marauders outflank and chew things up.  Oh and pleasurebound will let him pile in 6” when he charges...

question about the mirror as it’s been a long while since I’ve used it...ALL movement generated the d3 dmg correct?  So if you move in pile in/hero phase/etc you take d3?

I did a lot of experimenting with Lurid Haze when I was deciding what to do with my HoS and it might be the best bet overall.

I'm not really sure what I think about the war shrine but I think it and the sorcerer Lord are mutually exclusive. I don't think buffing Archaon's defence is worth points since he can heal 2d3 each hero phase if speced for life tanking. 

I think pleasurebound is just too many units end of the day. And, without locus it's hard to force through double pile-in on the marauders and it's very likely he will be out of range as well. 

I'd consider dropping the battalion, the chaos lord and the warshrine. Add 20 more marauders, upgrade the Warriors to knights and see what that leaves you with. 

4 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

I did a lot of experimenting with Lurid Haze when I was deciding what to do with my HoS and it might be the best bet overall.

I'm not really sure what I think about the war shrine but I think it and the sorcerer Lord are mutually exclusive. I don't think buffing Archaon's defence is worth points since he can heal 2d3 each hero phase if speced for life tanking. 

I think pleasurebound is just too many units end of the day. And, without locus it's hard to force through double pile-in on the marauders and it's very likely he will be out of range as well. 

I'd consider dropping the battalion, the chaos lord and the warshrine. Add 20 more marauders, upgrade the Warriors to knights and see what that leaves you with. 

Where are you getting the 2d3 heal on Archaon?  Born of Damnation? My mind is drawing a blank :) 

i agree with your sentiment about pleasurebound and locus units, but it’s a 1 drop list.  My other thought is something like Archaon, Keeper, Epitome, Be’lakor 80 marauders and 5 warriors, but it’s so many drops that I lose that choice of turn order.

even unbuffed, a 40 block of marauders alpha striking is doing roughly 30 wounds to a 4+ save.  So to me it’s kinda key to get the choice of turn and take advantage of the enemies deployment mistakes.  It also scares the opponent and plays that mind game.

Hey laddies, Brand new Hedonite here, only had a chance to try out the army a few times, and given all the recent changes, im curious to what changes y'all have come up with to your existing lists, i'm jumping straight into a small tournament game and i'd love to hear if you guys had any input or hepfull insights 

Spoiler

- Host: Godseekers Host
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (380) 
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Command Trait: Thrill-seeker
- Artefact: Enrapturing Circlet
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- Sinistrous Hand
- Artefact: Predator's Torc
Bladebringer, Herald on Seeker Chariot (160)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation
Bladebringer, Herald on Seeker Chariot (160)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Lash of Slaanesh

Battleline
20 x Daemonettes (220)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)

Battalions
Supreme Sybarites (150)

Umbral Spellportal (70)
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 91

List idea is basicly run and charging keepers, with enough command points to get them where i want and fight twice, im trying out the smallest chariot bladebringers, for the retreat and charge bumping up my depravity, but i have no idea if they will actually do anything productive.  i brought the Spellportal, since i feel like we have a lot of cool spells but rang

e issues were keeping them from being used.  the Lifeswarm might just be replaced by a command point. but i like the healing it can offer. 

Please a moment of your time ❤️ 

9 hours ago, Midjithero said:

Where are you getting the 2d3 heal on Archaon?  Born of Damnation? My mind is drawing a blank :) 

i agree with your sentiment about pleasurebound and locus units, but it’s a 1 drop list.  My other thought is something like Archaon, Keeper, Epitome, Be’lakor 80 marauders and 5 warriors, but it’s so many drops that I lose that choice of turn order.

even unbuffed, a 40 block of marauders alpha striking is doing roughly 30 wounds to a 4+ save.  So to me it’s kinda key to get the choice of turn and take advantage of the enemies deployment mistakes.  It also scares the opponent and plays that mind game.

The Khorne Head heals D3 wounds. 

I very rarely build lists that need the first turn to me the much more critical turn is bottom of turn 2 into turn 3. There are a lot of times that I actually force my opponent to choose turn order. But I appreciate the power of being able to choose. Also without summoning the faction doesn't have the durability to chuck 400 points away at the start of the game, and marauders don't fly so you're very likely to just hit a screen or a unit the opponent is confident you can't fight through in one combat phase. The eventual road block I hit was how little dmg I could muster without having to move, and how that alone determined a lot of what I needed to do in the game. 

You could do supreme Sybarites do get your drops down to 4/5, or use hellstriders instead of knights since they are battleline. The S2D warscroll battalions really suffer outside of the S2D book because you have to take units you wouldn't otherwise take to satisfy the massive battalion, and almost none of them are battleline. I'm not really sure there is a solution so it might just be the trade offs. 

I would take a look at Varanguard at their new points though especially since Archaon is in the list.