AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Playing a game against Khorne tomorrow, how does this list look?

Godseekers

1 KoS
- Speed chaser 
- Sinistrous hand
- Cameo of the Dark Prince
- Progeny of Damnation 

1 Kos 
- Thredony Voicebox
- Sinistrous hand 
- Slothful Stupour  

1 Shalaxi Helbane
- Song of Secrets 

Contorted Epitome 
- Hystetical Frenzy

Chaos Sorcerer Lord
- Dark Delusions

5 Hellstriders 
5 Hellstriders 
5 Hellstriders 

Supreme Sybarites 

Chronomatic Cogs 
Wheels of Excruciation  

1940/2000

The general idea is to first turn charge and worry about summoning the rest of my army later. I have 9 spells a turn, so long as I cast the cogs last (with the epitome) then I hope most people won't have the chance to unbind them.  The cogs will turn the KoSs' first turn charge into an easy 5".

The wheels of excruciation shouldn't hurt us much as they'll be too far from the chaos wizard to reach him,  and the rest of the army has a good save/mortal wound save. They're there to try snipe squishy wizards from the back, and clean a few straglers out. 

I'll use and then sacrifice the cameo, and will start my first turn with 5 CP 80% of the time. 

Hellstriders will sit on objectives. 

• Like 1

Well if it’s loose skin they did a bad job in conveying that. I think on the back of the box they call it hosing for her legs and the not cloak is attached via metals. It is a manifestation of the daemon to give the appearance though. 

Demons are odd and the warp isn't very settled.

In general all demonic entities are manfiestations that are created by the whims and desires of the chaos creatures within the warp. So they don't have harvesting, production and manufacture of products as we would understand it. That said whilst its clear many demons are capable of creating their own weapons, armour and clothing from nothing; they also have vast forges and smiths where demonic weapons are made. 

So the clothing on the Keeper could equally be made by its desires; but also be woven by some powerful arcane Chaos creature deep within the warp and thus holds magical properties and is worn like clothing.

The line between the two is blurry and mostly they seem to just forge weapons and more weapons. 

3 hours ago, Cambot1231 said:

Looking at warscroll builder the exalted forgeworld keeper is still listed at 440 points is this correct or did it get a price drop with it's new warscroll?

They updated the Monstrous Arcanum 2 week ago, it's 360 pts now.
image.png.46cfb60379330082f435e48e8ccfc57a.png

Source:  https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/age_of_sigmar_monstrous_arcanum-1.pdf

• Thanks 1

Any advices about this list:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Pretenders Host
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Trait: Strength of Goodhood 
- Artefact: Sliverslash 
- Host Option: Hunter of Godbeasts (Pretenders Host Second Command Trait)
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Artefact: Sceptre of Domination 
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)

Battleline
30 x Daemonettes (300)
30 x Daemonettes (300)

Battalions
Epicurean Revellers (180)

Total: 1480 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 86

1 hour ago, kore5022 said:

Is there any solid math on which of the keeper weapons to build? I went with shield for the looks on my first but unsure if theres a best for my second.

Since you want your keeper alive when in combat, the hand is a good choice as it allows you to heal. An Invaders general KoS with skintaker and the hand will heal at least 2d3 following combat it killed a model, and you can heal in both combat phases, along with Progeny of Damnation. A pretenders keeper with the Pendant of Slaanesh, and Progeny of Damnation, can heal in just hero phase, but it could allow you to sacrafice yourself to the Fane, and heal that damage immediately for Depravity. You are less likely to get the heals you need in pretenders, so you are risking it for having 2 traits and taking big squads of guys.

Had a game against Khorne using the list above. There's not much of a battle report to write as it was over turn 2 after his front lines were charged anf obliterated by two keepers and the rest of his army was blocked by Hellstriders. 

One thing the player did mention was that the locus of diversion was pretty unfun to play around as Khorne. Is there anything they can really do to us?

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Had a game against Khorne using the list above. There's not much of a battle report to write as it was over turn 2 after his front lines were charged anf obliterated by two keepers and the rest of his army was blocked by Hellstriders. 

One thing the player did mention was that the locus of diversion was pretty unfun to play around as Khorne. Is there anything they can really do to us?

Assuming the game continued what would summoning look like? I know you have to make sum assumptions just curious. I found it to quickly overwhelm your opponent especially when they play multi wound models. Then yeah the locus was brutal as well. I do believe some armies are going to hate playing slaanesh.

Two questions:

1) The fight last ability at the end of the charge phase - this is any charge phase e.g. even if the enemy charges you?

2) The Epitome ability is at the beginning of the combat round (fight last) - does that mean it can also use the standard hero ability (fight last) at the end of the charge phase too?

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Two questions:

1) The fight last ability at the end of the charge phase - this is any charge phase e.g. even if the enemy charges you?

2) The Epitome ability is at the beginning of the combat round (fight last) - does that mean it can also use the standard hero ability (fight last) at the end of the charge phase too?

Yes and yes.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Poryague said:

Assuming the game continued what would summoning look like? I know you have to make sum assumptions just curious. I found it to quickly overwhelm your opponent especially when they play multi wound models. Then yeah the locus was brutal as well. I do believe some armies are going to hate playing slaanesh.

By turn 2, I had 30 something depravity points (mostly from chewing through 6 bloodcrushers). I reckon, once I moved onto his heroes and took some damage myself, I'd have been swimming in depravity points.  

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Elite armies will have trouble against the Locus, but armies where your KoS etc is in combat with multiple units per turn might be abit troublesome. 

Im not sure how Slaanesh will fare against Skaven with their insane reach.

Battle report

Allegiance: Slaanesh - Mortal Realm: Aqshy
 - Host: Pretenders Host
LEADERS
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Command Trait : Speed-chaser 
- Artefact : Thermalrider Cloak 
- Spell : Progeny of Damnation
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Lore of Slaanesh : Phantasmagoria
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)
Daemon Prince of Slaanesh (160)
- Artefact : Cameo of the Dark Prince 
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
- Artefact : Girdle of the Realm-racer 
- Lore of Slaanesh : Hysterical Frenzy
Viceleader, Herald of Slaanesh (120)spell soul slice shards
UNITS
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (100)
5 x Seekers (120)
BATTALIONS
Hedonite Host (120)
Seeker Cavalcade (140)
ENDLESS SPELLS
Mesmerising Mirror (60)

Opponent was

2× terror ghiest with king

Arch regent

Gneral crypt infernal courtier

2×3 flayers

1× 6 flayers and may be forgetting some stuff

Total conquest

Round1

I deployed first gave it to flesh eater court. He cast some spells and tried to get to me. Because of deploymet we we were really far part and as fast as he was he still needed 10in charge after runing for 6. Failed on 6xflayers and terror ghiest. He also used command abilities to bring on more flayers. My turn daemon prince uses and sacrifices the cameo for rerolls and gets gets rerolls rest of game. Got some acquiescence off. Kos charges terror ghiest, daemon prince charges 3xflayers, and chariot charges 6xflyers. Locus goes off on terror ghiest and 6xflayers. He activates 3xflayer daemon prince jumps the que and kills 1 and and half. They attack daemon prince takes some damage. Keeper kills terror ghiest in 1 activation.  Keeper activated again to help daemon prince finish off the flayers. Chariot was meh rolled bad it ended up dying in the end. Also piled in hellstriders into the 6x flayers with chariot. Lost chariot and hellstriders he lost 2 flayers. Those were my only loses all game. Points 3 to 3

Round 2 flesh eater has priority.

He moves other terrorghies off objective to try to take one of mine from hellstriders fails charge. Charged remaining  flayers from the 6 man squad into infernal, vice leader and epitome because of placement he taged them all. Failed locus then epitome horrible fascination worked. Got that unit down to 2 flayers they could only attack epitome and failed to kill it. My turn cast some spells healed the epitome with the kos spell for 2.  Got mirror to cast did 4mw to his general. Movement positioned kos to charge his general or the remaining terror ghiest. Dp at this time 55 summoned epitome by the open objective he moved the terror ghiest from then summoned 30 daemonettes by epitome. Summoned a enrapturess by fane got 3dp back. Shooting failed miserably. Charge the terror ghiest with 30 daemonettes made it. Charged his general with keeper. Daemon prince charged another courtier i think. Locus trigger from keeper and the epitome who was still in combat so I activated the daemonettes only got him to 7 wounds he had the bonus after save on the terror ghiest could of positioned daemonettes better for more attacks. Courtier activated daemon prince jumps the que almost kills it then he fails to kill the daemon prince. Keeper kill general and epitome finished off the flayers. Terror ghiest kills 15 daemonettes so I used cp to auto pass. Points I have 7 to 3.

Round 3

I win roll. Game ended he didnt see a way of coming back. I had 19dp at the start of my turn after the combat from last turn. Definently ended up being a bad match up for him so many multi wound models. His army was using the chalice to heal and was returning flayers with the courtier that backfired a bit because I had higher damage and the activation from the locus.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Elite armies will have trouble against the Locus, but armies where your KoS etc is in combat with multiple units per turn might be abit troublesome. 

Im not sure how Slaanesh will fare against Skaven with their insane reach.

Yeah, I think this is the key to beating us - we absolutely destroy 1v1 combats 80% of the time, but we don't tank well and really suffer when taken down a few wounds. The Khorne player never outnumbered me, and he suffered for it. 

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

Yeah, I think this is the key to beating us - we absolutely destroy 1v1 combats 80% of the time, but we don't tank well and really suffer when taken down a few wounds. The Khorne player never outnumbered me, and he suffered for it. 

Skaven will be the worst to deal with they have a big toolbox and numbers. They can use a lot of toolbox at the same time. So they can cover multiple angles to be fairly flexible. I think they have some of the best shooting in the game. 

Just got a 1500 in vs seraphon. It was total commitment in aqshy. Here was my list:

2 Infernal enrapturess

Contorted Epitome w binding of Slaanesh

Bladebringer on exalted w goblet of draining

Lord of chaos general w into the Fray

30 dnette

10 dnette

5 hellstriders w claw

Malevolent maelstrom

Lord of chaos power attack got saved but he held down a bastiladons the whole game.  Transforming into spawn has been really good and netted me at least 2 rounds of objectives in 2/3 games. The fact that the base size can change can make for some interesting wrenches in enemy plans.

Bladebringers are amazing.  I'm going to keep running them over kos for a while.  

Bastiladons can kill a unit of 30 dnettes like nothing.

Dnettes and bladebringers are awesome targets for buffs.  If you are playing in realms, the spells could easily be your best choice of spell.  

A lot of objectives captured from charge after summoning.  Another reason I like the bladebringers over kos.  They don't need to use command point to reach full potential.

Keeping at least one hero alive at all costs has been Paramount. 

Ended up being a victory with me controlling my own two and the objective on far right.

Apparently there are some bad actors running around with the enrapturess. So how this works is let's say you have 2 of them on the table. The ability says "you recieve 1 dp for EACH infernal enrapturess that is on the battlefield." So you generate 2 from the ability because there are 2 on the battlefield. Meaning you in total get 4dp with each enrapturess generating 2. That is an interpretation of the reading clearly a broken way of doing it.

60292485_1045672682299434_9007614711222501376_o.jpg

51 minutes ago, Poryague said:

Apparently there are some bad actors running around with the enrapturess. So how this works is let's say you have 2 of them on the table. The ability says "you recieve 1 dp for EACH infernal enrapturess that is on the battlefield." So you generate 2 from the ability because there are 2 on the battlefield. Meaning you in total get 4dp with each enrapturess generating 2. That is an interpretation of the reading clearly a broken way of doing it.

60292485_1045672682299434_9007614711222501376_o.jpg

Wow. Really? People are that desperate to generate DP?

Jeez, what, start a 2k game with 6 IE (only 840 points!) and instantly generate a Keeper and still have 6 points left over.... or generate 3 more IE, then the turn after that you'll be generating 81 points, on top of whatever else you get from shooting etc. Of course this is how it's intended. Turn 2 we'll just casually summon 3 Keepers, or 120 Daemonettes. Naturally.

6 minutes ago, Rentar said:

Wow. Really? People are that desperate to generate DP?

Jeez, what, start a 2k game with 6 IE (only 840 points!) and instantly generate a Keeper and still have 6 points left over.... or generate 3 more IE, then the turn after that you'll be generating 81 points, on top of whatever else you get from shooting etc. Of course this is how it's intended. Turn 2 we'll just casually summon 3 Keepers, or 120 Daemonettes. Naturally.

Its one those Raw things were yeah it does say that but dear God that is wildly over powered so yeah let's take that interperatation what could possibly go wrong. Man people that desperate to power game just sad. The book is good without that nonsense.

1 hour ago, Poryague said:

Its one those Raw things were yeah it does say that but dear God that is wildly over powered so yeah let's take that interperatation what could possibly go wrong. Man people that desperate to power game just sad. The book is good without that nonsense.

At first I thought it was that way due to the wording, but if you explain to someone that by bringing X amount (which isnt unreasonable point wise), you would be able to summon a Keeper a turn by being passive, Im sure they can see the fault in the wording

I think, in the case of Infernal Enrapturesses, it's obviously not intended to work that way. While it's arguable that it does work now, nobody should go out to buy a load of Infernal Enrapturesses until well after the FAQ if it still remains.