AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Hi depraved folks! 😎
The 8th and 9thh of Febraruary I will participate in a big event near me (central Italy) and I would like to submit the list to which I studied:

Godseeker Host:
Keeper (Thrill seeker, Essence of Vulcatrix, Progeny of Damnation) 
Keeper (Thermalrider Cloak, Song of Secrets)
Epitome (Magmaforged blade or Onyx Blade, Hystercial Frenzy)
Infernal
Masque
Great Bray Shaman

30x Gors (shields)
10x Ungors (shields/hand weapons)
10x Ungors (shields/hand weapons)

Sybarites
Depraved Drove

Cogs
Wheels

1990/2000

Any breakdown or thought is welcome! 😉

Edited by Holy_Diver

Currentl building something a bit different for my Slannesh using Syll's Host:

Syll's Host 2k

Syll Esske (General)

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (Mark of Slaanesh)

Blade Bringer

Chaos Lord on foot (Mark of Slaanesh)

The Masque

3 * 5 Helstriders with Clawspears

Daemon Steel Battalion

3 * Soul Grinders

Darkfire Daemonrift

Soulgrinders are there to march up the middle of the table and make a mess of anything in their way, hopefully distracting from all the depravity points craziness of 5 heros and a Darkfire Daemonrift.  The rift will obviously be applied to my own heros turn one in order to produce a Tonne of depravity (40+ easily) then summon in whichever demons I need to deal with my opponent's force.  I'm hopping the combination of decent turn one shooting and potential turn one summoning with help make up for lots of drops by forcing opponents to take first turn to try and take out Syll.

My big question is which artefacts to take, since the host has none I have to rely entirely on realm artifacts.  I'd live to give the sorcerer the etharial amulet for rerollable unrendable 4+ but the rest of that realm is dire.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Abit of a dumb question

Are there any benefits to running less heroes and adding in more troops?  I'm expecting that shooting will become more prevalent and it's hard to summon with the new costs if you dont make it to combat.  

Last stupid question is if the depravity points to summon a soul feaster keeper from forgeworld changed to be 45?

I had a large BoC=HoS army in the works and put it on hold for now b.c of CoS shooting and KO shooting armies are insanely strong right now, then you have the 3 catapult OBR list (4 shots, 2+/3+/-/ 5D each, thats 16 shots, can also get rr1's, each fail save is 5 wounds) with 40 M guard in front... yikes! I'm sure they will get a nerf int he next 6 months. I know StD nurgle counters shooting armies well, but only mass value shots, not low value like Scourerunners, and ORb/Skaven catapult lists. 

I've seen an OBR army kill 2 KoS, a KO kill 3, and a CoS kill 3 all on turn 1. Its brutal right now.  Fast moving, with high value saves (multiple, or re-roll saves) or horde armies are going to be what is needed here soon. Elite style armies or Monster stomp armies might no be enough for a bit.

So it might be worth having Chariots over KoS, cheaper heroes and more of them with a bit of hordes too, not really sure TBH, I'm just guess right now as i moved to a shooting CoS army myself and i know what can counter it, but as of right now no one but a Khorne list has beat me and only b.c he double turn with quad attacking Scarbrand (he double moved him turn 1 b.c i killed the other 2 Bloodthirters and all his battleline turn 1, scar was out of range), Scar went, spend Blood points, attack twice and first, he double turn, scar went attack twice and first.  We played again right after tho and this time we i knew that, work around it, and won turn 2.

I even converted Ghorgons into KoS :( very costly

22 minutes ago, Maddpainting said:

I had a large BoC=HoS army in the works and put it on hold for now b.c of CoS shooting and KO shooting armies are insanely strong right now, then you have the 3 catapult OBR list (4 shots, 2+/3+/-/ 5D each, thats 16 shots, can also get rr1's, each fail save is 5 wounds) with 40 M guard in front... yikes! I'm sure they will get a nerf int he next 6 months. I know StD nurgle counters shooting armies well, but only mass value shots, not low value like Scourerunners, and ORb/Skaven catapult lists. 

I've seen an OBR army kill 2 KoS, a KO kill 3, and a CoS kill 3 all on turn 1. Its brutal right now.  Fast moving, with high value saves (multiple, or re-roll saves) or horde armies are going to be what is needed here soon. Elite style armies or Monster stomp armies might no be enough for a bit.

So it might be worth having Chariots over KoS, cheaper heroes and more of them with a bit of hordes too, not really sure TBH, I'm just guess right now as i moved to a shooting CoS army myself and i know what can counter it, but as of right now no one but a Khorne list has beat me and only b.c he double turn with quad attacking Scarbrand (he double moved him turn 1 b.c i killed the other 2 Bloodthirters and all his battleline turn 1, scar was out of range), Scar went, spend Blood points, attack twice and first, he double turn, scar went attack twice and first.  We played again right after tho and this time we i knew that, work around it, and won turn 2.

I even converted Ghorgons into KoS :( very costly

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking triple exalted chariots might work well and costs the same with the same points as 2 keepers but get access to the look out sir rule.  Same wounds profile but mortal wounds to chew through the bone reaper screens.  

How would 60 daemonettes work out seeing as they have decent threat range and mortal wound potential in epicurean battalion?

IDK about the battalion and daemonettes as i was playing BoC battalion with 2 KoS, lots of ungors and Bestigors, a 30 block of bestigors moves faster,  hits harder has a 4+ save, and is also 300pts.  So i did have 60 bestigors and 30 ungors, so that i would think is easily equal to 60 Daemonettes. I then did have 2 KoS and a Contorted Epitome (only 4 heroes) but now its all shelved :/ 
Edit: My BoC got 2 nerfs in this update, Slaanesh and Tzeentch , while Tzeentch is better in DoT, but the BoC version is nerfed. 

Edited by Maddpainting

For those interested in running a Depraved Drove battalion...

Over in the Beasts of Chaos discussion thread, players recently asked for an account of how Beasts of Chaos play out of different Chaos God allegiances. In the past, others requested the same.

I started a new thread to address this issue. I provide a quick overview of each allegiance, as well as the Beasts of Chaos allegiance itself, in that thread.

Here's a link: 

Hope it is helpful and interesting. I look forward to the conversation!

• Like 1

Hello fellow hedonites, I'll be attending to noob friendly tournament next month and I am seeking for some CC for the list I've built.

The list is, in my opinion, semi-competitive. It is built around the models but I've a month before attending so I can buy some more models if that'd improve the list.

So here's the list. Thank you in advance.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Invaders Host
Mortal Realm: Shyish
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Trait: Best of the Best  
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Host Option: General (Invaders Host)
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Artefact: The Rod of Misrule  
- Lore of Slaanesh: Soulslice Shards
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
15 x Seekers (360)
Epicurean Revellers (180)
Supreme Sybarites (120)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 96

43 minutes ago, Goorie said:

Hello fellow hedonites, I'll be attending to noob friendly tournament next month and I am seeking for some CC for the list I've built.

The list is, in my opinion, semi-competitive. It is built around the models but I've a month before attending so I can buy some more models if that'd improve the list.

Hide contents

Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
15 x Seekers (360)
Supreme Sybarites (120)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)

For competitiveness, you'd be better dropping the seekers and having another KoS - however, I understand if that would be a bit  pricey.

• LOVE IT! 1

On 1/20/2020 at 12:20 PM, Goorie said:

Hide contents

Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
15 x Seekers (360)
Supreme Sybarites (120)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)

You don't really have the quantity of daemonettes to really get optimal use out of Epicurean Revelers, and it's a fairly expensive battalion. If this is what you have to work with model-wise, you could probably split the seekers into multiple smaller units and use the cavalcade instead, as the pile-in is super useful for cavalry. As it stands you'll struggle to get more than 5 seekers into combat at once, so the big unit will be very unwieldy. If you want to commit to Epicurean, you'll need more daemonettes, as even with frontage limitations the x2 extra hits for units above 20 is really useful.

I would also put the rod of misrule on your enrapturess. The epitome wants to be dangerously close to the front to make the best use of its strike-last ability, and since the rod and her DP generation work anywhere on the board, you'll probably be more easily able to hide your enrapturess while still getting some work out of her. It's also good to have a "safe" hero for summoning if you take some really bad hits to your other leaders and need to resummon.

• Thanks 1

Your list will be functional, it is definitely on the softer side of things by Slaanesh standards.  If you are looking to optimize invaders please see my list below, its fairly cookie cutter competitive (you could swap the mirror for a CP), the main differences are Trait: Glory Hog, this guarantees so many DP (one in each players turn basically).  Epicurean is actually a terrible battalion, you only really start to increase damage if your opponent has a 3+ save, you already have rend -1 which does plenty of damage against 4+ saves or worse.  You wont need cogs, you are a 2 drop list which means give your opponent 1st turn and they will come to you.  Finally flying keepers are funny and terrifying, grab thermal rider.

Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Trait: Glory Hog
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- Sinistrous Hand
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
- Spell: Born of Damnation
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation
30 x Daemonettes (300)
20 x Daemonettes (220)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (100)
Supreme Sybarites (120)
Wheels of Excruciation (40)
Mesmerising Mirror (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 108  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enoby said:

Good to know we're getting a few more rules in this upcoming Wrath of the Everchosen book.

I'd love to see one that gives slaves the hedonites keyword and hedonites the slaves keyword, but very much doubt they'd do that. The lack of more than a unit of fully Slaaneshi mortals stings more now that S2D is so faction specific, and I don't see GW recognizing that as a problem.

Instead I think we'll see some weird  cornercase stuff that while cool isn't going to be good enough to unseat any existing hosts.

9 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

I'd love to see one that gives slaves the hedonites keyword and hedonites the slaves keyword, but very much doubt they'd do that. The lack of more than a unit of fully Slaaneshi mortals stings more now that S2D is so faction specific, and I don't see GW recognizing that as a problem.

Instead I think we'll see some weird  cornercase stuff that while cool isn't going to be good enough to unseat any existing hosts.

At least we can hope for something that might make our troops a bit better. I think the worst thing about our faction is that our troops feel like tax - we can't really put any buffs on them and two of our three allegiance abilities are meant for heroes. 

I don't think this book will be the sole answer, but I do hope it gives us more variety in usable troops - especially if those usable troops are fiends. 

4 hours ago, Enoby said:

At least we can hope for something that might make our troops a bit better. I think the worst thing about our faction is that our troops feel like tax - we can't really put any buffs on them and two of our three allegiance abilities are meant for heroes. 

I don't think this book will be the sole answer, but I do hope it gives us more variety in usable troops - especially if those usable troops are fiends. 

I don't have high hopes, but I'd be overjoyed if you were right. If one of the subfactions allowed non-heroes to generate depravity I don't think I'd play anything else.

• Like 1

I want more variety of builds from Slaanesh most of all. I want to run a list that isn't hero-heavy that works well in tournament play; I'd love to play 6+ Fiends but currently there's just no good reason to. There's just too much reliance on the Hedonite keyword for the mortal stuff to compete with the daemon stuff unless you go all-in on them, but then it can be argued that just running them in a Slaves allegiance with the Slaanesh auras is the better option. We'll see what WotE holds for us, but I'm not expecting it to massively shake our list-building up (because ultimately, while it's a fun sub-allegiance, Syll'Esskan Host didn't either.)

Its been awhile since I posted in this thread. I seem to keep shelving my Slaanesh as the army is still really good, and at times still too good. A friend was practicing for adepticon teams and i threw together a list. Still hero heavy, but went 2 hellstriders, keeper, exalted herald chariot, epitome... and tabled him by 3. He was a FEC blisterkin list. I think a double turn did occur, but it still feels a little much. 

How has everyone else faired? 

7 hours ago, carnith said:

Its been awhile since I posted in this thread. I seem to keep shelving my Slaanesh as the army is still really good, and at times still too good. A friend was practicing for adepticon teams and i threw together a list. Still hero heavy, but went 2 hellstriders, keeper, exalted herald chariot, epitome... and tabled him by 3. He was a FEC blisterkin list. I think a double turn did occur, but it still feels a little much. 

How has everyone else faired? 

I'm in a similar situation; I have to purposefully build weak (using mortals and BoC rather than KoS), or even just not use summoning. I've had quite a bit of fun running what is basically a Slaves to Darkness army as Slaanesh - it feels fairer and there seem to be more tactics involved.

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I'm in a similar situation; I have to purposefully build weak (using mortals and BoC rather than KoS), or even just not use summoning. I've had quite a bit of fun running what is basically a Slaves to Darkness army as Slaanesh - it feels fairer and there seem to be more tactics involved.

If you don't mind my asking, what is the list usually comprised of? I've tried doing the same thing but I've generally found it surprisingly weak.