AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

I was mentioned earlier in this topic that there might be a balance FAQ in December, From where do we know this to be true, and do we have any idea of when to expect this? I'm trying to prepare for a campaign starting in January, but it is kind of hard to write a list and buy models when stuff might change soon :)

On 11/30/2019 at 9:29 PM, Third said:

I was mentioned earlier in this topic that there might be a balance FAQ in December, From where do we know this to be true, and do we have any idea of when to expect this? I'm trying to prepare for a campaign starting in January, but it is kind of hard to write a list and buy models when stuff might change soon :)

I don't know if it's been confirmed, but I think it's looking very likely considering our tournament results.  I have no idea how harsh this nerf will be - if it will just be points, or if our allegiance abilities will change. 

an interesting buff, wonder if its still any allied unit, or if its tied to slaves to darkness. I'm sure the last thing they want is a chaos sorc lord in slaanesh giving the keeper of secrets full rerolls on hits and wounds for all of its attacks. 

5 minutes ago, carnith said:

an interesting buff, wonder if its still any allied unit, or if its tied to slaves to darkness. I'm sure the last thing they want is a chaos sorc lord in slaanesh giving the keeper of secrets full rerolls on hits and wounds for all of its attacks. 

Well during gw battle report it sounded like it just targets a friendly unit. It could be std only will find out Saturday when reviews go up. Even if it's std only I have found marauders to be fun to play with. Again depends how much they change mauraders in this book. Varangaurd now just pick a mark so there not allies now. Though it depends on points and other changes if they are worth talking. This could be the only way we get our mortal side of Slaanesh.

I'm happy to hear that varanguard can be marked. If the chaos sorcerer is markable and usable by us, he could really see some use imo - he can fit in syberites and he can make it so two keepers can get rerolls to hit (one from fane, one from his spell). 

7 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm happy to hear that varanguard can be marked. If the chaos sorcerer is markable and usable by us, he could really see some use imo - he can fit in syberites and he can make it so two keepers can get rerolls to hit (one from fane, one from his spell). 

Ocular vision I think it may have changed as well to reroll saves he was some how handing out save rerolls. So yeah the kos in your face with reroll hit and wounds possibly armour would be devastating. Large units as Well synergizes well with daemonic empowerment with our exploding 6s. There could be a couple juicy units in the book. May need them because of the upcoming slaanesh adjustment.

2 minutes ago, Poryague said:

Ocular vision I think it may have changed as well to reroll saves he was some how handing out save rerolls. So yeah the kos in your face with reroll hit and wounds possibly armour would be devastating. Large units as Well synergizes well with daemonic empowerment with our exploding 6s. There could be a couple juicy units in the book. May need them because of the upcoming slaanesh adjustment.

If we get all of that, he may well turn into a must take for us. Tbh, depending on how severe our points increases are, we may lose out on a keeper and include him instead. 

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

If we get all of that, he may well turn into a must take for us. Tbh, depending on how severe our points increases are, we may lose out on a keeper and include him instead. 

The demonic empowerment is still a 6 to cast. Lol

Just now, Enoby said:

Do you think we'll have any use for varanguard or will they end up being fiends 2? Even with some reasonable buffs, I fear they just won't be worth it compared to just using heroes. 

Hard to say in the stream rouge idols got the charge and wrecked them.  So we did not get to see what they could do. 

Hi, I like to play Slaanesh. Can you please check, if this is a valid list for the host. Thank you.

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Syll'Esskan Host

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- Ritual Knife
The Contorted Epitome (200)
Syll'Esske, the Vengeful Allegiance (200)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Runestaff
Shalaxi Helbane (340)
- Living Whip

Battleline
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
30 x Daemonettes (300)
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Total: 1920 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 119

3 hours ago, Mordread said:

Hi, I like to play Slaanesh. Can you please check, if this is a valid list for the host. Thank you.

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Syll'Esskan Host

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- Ritual Knife
The Contorted Epitome (200)
Syll'Esske, the Vengeful Allegiance (200)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Runestaff
Shalaxi Helbane (340)
- Living Whip

Battleline
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
30 x Daemonettes (300)
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Total: 1920 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 119

I believe this is valid, though  chaos warriors will be changing points soon.

19 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Also, looks like the chaos sorcerer buffs only STD models now  :(

Honestly as a slaanesh player slaves to darkness is kinda disappointing now, this update was sort of my last hope. If you don't want to run mainly a daemon army your stuffed, oh well. 🤒

Edited by shinros