AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

7 minutes ago, Lhurgoyf said:

Hey I noticed the exploding 6s allegiance ability doesn't effect all attacks profiles equally. An attack that hits on 3s&4s and an attack that hits on 4s&3s normally both do .333 dmg per swing. However with the slaanesh buff the 3s&4s deals .416, and the 4s&3s attack deals .444. It isnt a huge difference, but it adds up over time.

Unfortunately most of the slaanesh book is on 4s to wound. Are there any good units out there with 3s to wound that can be a part of a Slaanesh army? I found Chaos Warriors with greatblades, and Chaos Knights with spears, but if anyone has other ideas I'd love help brainstorming. Alternately, any wizards with a +1 to wound buff would find their spell amplified by an allegiance to She who Thirsts. Are there any buffs like that in StD or BoC?

I think the chaos lord on manticore gives Chaos Warriors rerolls to wound. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lhurgoyf said:

Hey I noticed the exploding 6s allegiance ability doesn't effect all attacks profiles equally. An attack that hits on 3s&4s and an attack that hits on 4s&3s normally both do .333 dmg per swing. However with the slaanesh buff the 3s&4s deals .416, and the 4s&3s attack deals .444. It isnt a huge difference, but it adds up over time.

Unfortunately most of the slaanesh book is on 4s to wound. Are there any good units out there with 3s to wound that can be a part of a Slaanesh army? I found Chaos Warriors with greatblades, and Chaos Knights with spears, but if anyone has other ideas I'd love help brainstorming. Alternately, any wizards with a +1 to wound buff would find their spell amplified by an allegiance to She who Thirsts. Are there any buffs like that in StD or BoC?

Bestigors are 4s and 3s but against units with 10+ models are 3s and 3s. In my opinion, Bestigors in HoS are one of the best units in the game.

Edited by CB42
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think the chaos lord on manticore gives Chaos Warriors rerolls to wound. 

Yup, only on Chaos warriors but gives RR to charge, wound and battleshock.

Beasts also have plenty of units with easy wound rolls.  Bestigors and Bullgors spring to mind, both start with 4+/3+ weapons and can be command abilitied for bonus to wound by their heros (Doombull and Beastlord).

Thanks. Between Syll'Esske's CA working well with mortals and the Manticore Lord, there might be a nice StD Supreme Sybarites Battalion list in this book somewhere. Maybe with Godseekers to make it easier for the spear knights to hit their high-damage charge turns.

Those bestigor numbers look really strong. You have to give up some space for the great demon heroes to run depraved drove, but it's crazy that they cost the same as daemonettes. I don't have a great sense for whether larger base size and lower mobility make up for it, but thats a lot more damage per model and better durability. Maybe the Daemonette battleshock shananigans play better on the table than they look on paper?

41 minutes ago, Lhurgoyf said:

..and lower mobility...

They're faster than daemonettes by a minimum of 4". You have to bring a character for Depraved Drove so you bring a Great Bray Shaman who has an aura +3 Move buff and the Bestigors get +1 to run and pile in moves from their banner. The larger base is a negative (harder to bring the entirety of the unit to bear) but speed wise they outpace daemonettes. 

• Like 2

Just now, SwampHeart said:

They're faster than daemonettes by a minimum of 4". You have to bring a character for Depraved Drove so you bring a Great Bray Shaman who has an aura +3 Move buff and the Bestigors get +1 to run and pile in moves from their banner. The larger base is a negative (harder to bring the entirety of the unit to bear) but speed wise they outpace daemonettes. 

Daemonettes actually move 9.5" because of their run and charge rule, but yes, that Shaman totally negates the mobility difference.

5 minutes ago, Lhurgoyf said:

Daemonettes actually move 9.5" because of their run and charge rule, but yes, that Shaman totally negates the mobility difference.

Bestigors also run and charge, its what the musician does for the unit. 

Edited by SwampHeart
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JCar09 said:

It seems that the keeper of the secrets of forgeworld has been left far behind and is no longer worth it. I think they left it behind the other

I've used it and it's not as bad as you'd think. Normal KoS still much better, but the FW one is decent enough.

55 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

Bestigors also run and charge, its what the musician does for the unit. 

Wow. So for 1500 pts you can get 2 blocks of 30 bestigors into a depraved drove with a shaman and 3x30 gors.

Lets say you spend the other 500 on things that stick to the battalion. Thats 152-185 or so models moving 14" pre-charge on turn 1 to clog up all the objectives. They all have 4+ save and you can inspiring presence 1 of them to make up for the low bravery. Now the larger base size could even be an advantage. How's your opponent supposed to maneuver around the board? That's a bit more painting than I'm willing to do, but for a tournament player the rewards could be real.

7 minutes ago, Lhurgoyf said:

Wow. So for 1500 pts you can get 2 blocks of 30 bestigors into a depraved drove with a shaman and 3x30 gors.

The better buy would be 120 Ungors for 30 points less but yeah generally BoC offer some really impressive tools to HoS. I do think you still have to think about hero choices for depravity but the one thing beasts do well is cheap bodies. 

3 hours ago, Lhurgoyf said:

Chaos chosen are 3/3/-1/1.  If they kill a model, they give StD units nearby reroll wounds.  With all the attack last abilities around it might be safer than usual to have one 5man chosen to attack first followed up by the bigger unit rerolling wounds. Chosen also have the 6+ to wound is a mortal like daemonettes in revellers battalion.  (Was looking for that effect specifically today because of exploding hits. Have not checked what BoC can go in battallion but I think they have exploding wounds somewhere)

Hi, I'm really new to Aos and i only have a handful of games under my belt which i played with DoK, which are fairly straightforward in terms of list building. Slaanesh is a bit more tricky, as i can see - multiple different hosts, a bunch of useful artefacts of the realms and then there's the Depraved Drove battalion and endless Chaos allies options... Tl;dr - i could really use some help with building some 1250 pts lists, a popular low-tier format in our meta, to have some guidelines for future purchases.

So far i came up with this:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Invaders Host
Mortal Realm: Aqshy
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Host Option: General (Invaders Host)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Trait: Skin-taker
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
- Spell: Slothful Stupor
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
- Host Option: General (Invaders Host)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (100)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (100)
Supreme Sybarites (120)

Total: 1240 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 1

It's based on the hope that at 1250 the heroes would live long enough to generate depravity to get some summons rolling. There are however things i'm not sure about at all, mostly due to lack of experience:
1. While i like KoS and Enrapturess and i think they should stay, i'm not so sure about the rest of the heroes. Syll'Esske costs the same as the Epitome but has a nice command ability which i can utilize with Sybarites. Same goes for Bladebringer. While damage output is impressive on paper, wouldn't the Mask + another unit of 5 Hellstriders be better for manoeuvrability?
2. Mortal realm and its artifacts (and tbh artifacts in general). I like the idea of flying healing KoS but other Aqshy artifacts don't really seem to fit the rest of the heroes. Could use some advice on that since i have a hard time choosing a good combination.
3. Is Invaders even worth it at 1250? I can use 4 heroes without 3 of them being generals and with 10 hellstriders there's not a lot to use command abilities on. Skintaker on KoS can be easily replaced with a Sinistrous Hand for similar results.

1 hour ago, Sobakaa said:

Tl;dr - i could really use some help with building some 1250 pts lists

With 14 models, you're going to have a hell of a time on any map that has more than one objective, which is almost all of them. And against many enemies you'll find it difficult to find multiwound models to kill to get enough points to summon in some Daemonettes- for example, skink-spam Seraphon with 3 layers of screens that can retreat from combat. Or clanrat / plague monk spam Skaven. I'd lean towards adding more bodies so you can contest objectives without having to table the enemy first.

8 hours ago, Lhurgoyf said:

Fiends and Seekers for starters; both are pretty good.

The DPs are gained by wounds or mortal wounds inflicted by attacks. Does it mean that some abilities, for example the Mutilating Blade and the Symphoniac of Godseekers, wouldn't be able to generate DPs when they inflict mortal wounds? 

3 hours ago, frostfire said:

The DPs are gained by wounds or mortal wounds inflicted by attacks. Does it mean that some abilities, for example the Mutilating Blade and the Symphoniac of Godseekers, wouldn't be able to generate DPs when they inflict mortal wounds? 

From the sounds of it, yes - they wouldn't generate DP. But there's a chance this will change in the FAQ - not that it should, but it might. 

Taking up Slaanesh as my second army (mainly play DoT) and looking for ideas on where to start.....invaders host sounds cool, and I have 20 daemonettes 10 seekers, and 6 fiends....along with 2 enrapturesses....Will be getting the KoS, masque, epitome and still esske in near future.....but looking for some guidance 

What are everyone's thoughts on this Invader's list I'm thinking up?

Supreme Sybarites 120

Keeper of Secrets (General) 360
Skin-Taker
Sinistrous Hand
Gryph-Feather Charm
Born of Damnation

Syll'Esske (General) 200
Lash of Slaanesh

Shalaxi Helsbane 340
Living Whip
Progeny of Damnation

The Contorted Epitome 200
Hysterical Frenzy

Infernal Enrapturess 140
The Rod of Misrule

The Masque 120

Battleline:
Daemonette x30 300

Hellstrider x5 100
Claw-Spears

Hellstrider x5 100
Claw-Spears

Endless Spells:
Malevolent Maelstrom 20

Maxing out Heroes for the battalion plus the Rod should supply a steady stream of command points for both Keeper and Syll'Esske. Keeper and Shalaxi stick together and go hero hunting for DPs and can support each other with heals while Syll'Esske leads the rest in claiming objectives/forming the battle line. Not quite sure what units I should also buy to have on hand for summoning with DPs. More Daemonettes and Seekers most likely. Maybe some Fiends to help out against big blocks of multi wound units? 

Edited by Reezark_SP

Question I dont have my hands on the battletome yet and wanted use StD as my base for a slaanesh army.  In order to take pretenders/ godseekers etc Do I need to run specific units/ battalions or can marked chaos warriors/ chosen/ knights still be considered Pretenders / Seekers and get the slaanesh buffs associated with each?  

12 minutes ago, Cambot1231 said:

Question I dont have my hands on the battletome yet and wanted use StD as my base for a slaanesh army.  In order to take pretenders/ godseekers etc Do I need to run specific units/ battalions or can marked chaos warriors/ chosen/ knights still be considered Pretenders / Seekers and get the slaanesh buffs associated with each?  

As long as they're marked Slaanesh, they will be considered Pretenders / Seekers / etc. However, StD heroes will not be considered Hedonites and will not have access to the Locus of Diversion. That said, StD heroes will be considered Chaos Slaanesh heroes and will generate depravity points.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, carnith said:

I finished my keeper today. 

7CFF58AD-1AD6-488A-BCA2-1981D483B85A.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lovely skincolor and love the transition in the robe (which I learned from the Twitch stream isn't really a robe but a manifestation of the daemon... so loose skin basially? )

16 hours ago, MattyP said:

Taking up Slaanesh as my second army (mainly play DoT) and looking for ideas on where to start.....invaders host sounds cool, and I have 20 daemonettes 10 seekers, and 6 fiends....along with 2 enrapturesses....Will be getting the KoS, masque, epitome and still esske in near future.....but looking for some guidance 

Would suggest 10 more daemonettes to turn that 20 into a 30 :) other than that, all of the new stuff is great (if you have the budget, would suggest 2 KoSs).