AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

1 hour ago, spenson said:

You can only pick their gear (e.g. shield for a KoS). No artefact, spell, etc.

I thought the FAQ allows taking spells for summoned units, though, since spell lores are a part of allegiance abilities section:

FBQvRJlDdjQ.jpg

Also this reply here says the same:

Edited by Sobakaa
  • Thanks 1

I'm working on a new Depraved Drove Concept and am looking for feedback:

270773916_ScreenShot2019-09-19at10_53_51AM.png.dd7f6d6559d0fca0d2bece4770bcfea6.png

The idea is pretty standard to leverage the ridiculous power of Slaanesh Bestigor but with the added diversity of lots of centigor to get in the way and grab objectives.

On a side note, does anyone know of any third party fig makers that make a similar centaur model to the one in the new Beastgrave box? I would love to use something like that as a "basis" to convert Slaanesh Centigor but given that there is only one in beast grave it isn't really an option unless I was 20 Centigor that all look exactly the same.

Thanks for any help!
1631810673_ScreenShot2019-09-19at10_47_53AM.png.bcc6aafff416bfb74c4ccad50b148534.png

5 minutes ago, themortalgod said:

270773916_ScreenShot2019-09-19at10_53_51AM.png.dd7f6d6559d0fca0d2bece4770bcfea6.png

The idea is pretty standard to leverage the ridiculous power of Slaanesh Bestigor but with the added diversity of lots of centigor to get in the way and grab objectives.

On a side note, does anyone know of any third party fig makers that make a similar centaur model to the one in the new Beastgrave box? I would love to use something like that as a "basis" to convert Slaanesh Centigor but given that there is only one in beast grave it isn't really an option unless I was 20 Centigor that all look exactly the same.

Thanks for any help!
1631810673_ScreenShot2019-09-19at10_47_53AM.png.bcc6aafff416bfb74c4ccad50b148534.png

Not sure about 3rd party, but perhaps a modification of some wild riders? 

I have picked up a box of Wild Riders/Sisters of the Thorn with intent of turning them into centaur-style Hellstriders, though I have yet to get round to chopping them up to see how feasible that actually is...  When I do so I'll try to remember to report back with the results.

Speaking of beastgrave, was there previously a precedent for Underworlds heroes to become a part of a battalion in AoS? I'd take the new named shaman to cast this savage bolt:

WHUWNewWarbandsinAos-Sep20-Savagebolt3rd

Although, depending on what he and his band can do and their cost i might just take them as an ally - nothing says i can't cast savage bolt to just boost my keepers/epitome/daemonettes/etc.

Edited by Sobakaa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sobakaa said:

Speaking of beastgrave, was there previously a precedent for Underworlds heroes to become a part of a battalion in AoS? I'd take the new named shaman to cast this savage bolt:

WHUWNewWarbandsinAos-Sep20-Savagebolt3rd

While a strong spell, I don't know if we will be able to use it - our battalion contains specific models, which these  may not share the correct keywords. However, maybe a good ally. 

I just received the lists for a tournament tomorrow. Well basically more than 25% of the lists are Skaven with either 9 or 18 jezzails. Other than that you have a lot of fyreslayers with a ton of Hearthguard Berzerkers and Lords of the Lodge. Almost everyone else than me plays horde, which is not the best matchup for Slaanesh.

One of the 3 scenarios is escalation (my 2 keepers and Shalaxi will be deployed 24" away from enemy territory) so it's not looking very good right now.

What are the match ups you love/hate most?

Edited by spenson

On 9/19/2019 at 4:57 PM, themortalgod said:

Thanks for any help!

I think you need the keyword "Daemon" to be able to choose those spells.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 11:59 AM, spenson said:

What are the match ups you love/hate most?

This is a really great question that I’d love to hear people’s thoughts on. Probably worth a short preface on the type of list you play too.  Ex: I play godseekers depraved drove and I have a really hard time against X because Y

Personally I’ve been building up @Rhellion’s list (invaders keeper/shalaxi/epitome/bladebringer/masque/Syll’Esske sybarites + seeker cavalcade hellstriders) and I think it will do super well against fyreslayers on most missions due to the 6” pile in specifically coming from the hellstriders in the seeker battalion. If that doesn’t make 30 HGB sad I don’t know what does.

On 9/19/2019 at 9:57 AM, themortalgod said:

Unfortunately you've taken spells you don't qualify for. Those spells require you to be a Daemon and obviously Shamans and Dragon Ogres are not.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:08 AM, Sobakaa said:

So the warscrolls for this warband are up and it seems the character shaman has the GREAT BRAY-SHAMAN keyword. Since i'm fairly new to AoS could someone please clarify, does he count as a great bray-shaman for the battalion in this case?

You cannot use the Underworlds warband in a Depraved Drove. The Depraved Drove looks for a 'Great Bray Shaman' not a GREAT BRAY SHAMAN. The Warband includes the later but isn't the former - effectively the difference here is in unit vs. keywords. 

• Like 2

Hey guys, have a 42 player event coming up next weekend. What are some things I should bring along with my summoning board and obvious weaknesses to my list?

Allegiance: Slaanesh - Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Host: Godseekers 

+1 Command Point (50)

LEADERS

Keeper of Secrets (360) 

-Sinistrous Hand

-General

-Command Trait: Thrill Seeker

-Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak

• Spell: Progeny of Damnation

Keeper of Secrets (360) 

-Sinistrous Hand

-Artefact: Cameo of the Dark Prince

-Spell: Slothful Stupor 

Keeper of Secrets (360) 

-Sinistrous Hand

-Spell: Song of Secrets

The Contorted Epitome (200) 

-Spell: Hysterical Frenzy 

Infernal Entrapturess (140)

UNITS

10x Daemonettes (110)

10x Daemonettes (110)

10x Daemonettes (110)

BATTALIONS

Supreme Sybarites (120)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Chronomantic Cogs (80)

TOTAL: 2000    Extra Command Points: 2

Hey guys, have a 42 player event coming up next weekend. What are some things I should bring along with my summoning board and obvious weaknesses to my list?

Allegiance: Slaanesh - Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Host: Godseekers 

+1 Command Point (50)

LEADERS

Keeper of Secrets (360) 

-Sinistrous Hand

-General

-Command Trait: Thrill Seeker

-Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak

Spell: Progeny of Damnation

Keeper of Secrets (360) 

-Sinistrous Hand

-Artefact: Cameo of the Dark Prince

-Spell: Slothful Stupor 

Keeper of Secrets (360) 

-Sinistrous Hand

-Spell: Song of Secrets

The Contorted Epitome (200) 

-Spell: Hysterical Frenzy 

Infernal Entrapturess (140)

UNITS

10x Daemonettes (110)

10x Daemonettes (110)

10x Daemonettes (110)

BATTALIONS

Supreme Sybarites (120)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Chronomantic Cogs (80)

TOTAL: 2000    Extra Command Points: 2

Bladebringer chariot for sure. Also I would want clarification on if you can summon back a model that died. If not you probably want a 4th keeper and a second epitome. Plus of course the 30 daemonettes.

I would probably exchange the enraptress for the masque. Or ditch cogs and upgrade the enraptress to a bladebringer chariot.

Oh and you paid 50 to buy a CP? Tbh I would be *really* tempted to trade the daemonettes for 15 hellstriders. Drop the cogs and the CP and get the seeker cavalcade. So you keep that extra CP and become 2 drop but you’d have to switch to invaders (which IMO is better any way with the glory hog command trait and the rod of misrule, plus the ability to get 2-3 extra CP over the course of the game as your dudes die. You’re just swimming in command points)

1 hour ago, Luke1705 said:

Bladebringer chariot for sure. Also I would want clarification on if you can summon back a model that died. If not you probably want a 4th keeper and a second epitome. Plus of course the 30 daemonettes.

With Slaanesh you cannot summon back a dead unit, but once a model is removed from the table nothing stops you using it to represent a newly summoned unit. 

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

With Slaanesh you cannot summon back a dead unit, but once a model is removed from the table nothing stops you using it to represent a newly summoned unit. 

I think he's getting at the fact that some tournaments don't allow you to do this. Some tournaments require a specific 'summoning pool' of models and you aren't allowed to use dead models as a part of that pool. 

26 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

I think he's getting at the fact that some tournaments don't allow you to do this. Some tournaments require a specific 'summoning pool' of models and you aren't allowed to use dead models as a part of that pool. 

****** that. What tournaments have imposed that on players?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Floody said:

****** that. What tournaments have imposed that on players?

Don't get me in trouble here for wrongly labeling someone's event but I think it was maybe EGGS, Blackout, or Facehammer (again I'm not 100% I just know it was one of the bigger UK events last year). That said it doesn't appear to be in the pack for those events this year - I think it was an early 'summoning too strong' check that was being used before the edition matured a bit. 

18 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

Don't get me in trouble here for wrongly labeling someone's event but I think it was maybe EGGS, Blackout, or Facehammer (again I'm not 100% I just know it was one of the bigger UK events last year). That said it doesn't appear to be in the pack for those events this year - I think it was an early 'summoning too strong' check that was being used before the edition matured a bit. 

Yeah fair enough, but that's as close to pay to win as you can get, which is worse imo

• Thanks 1

Yeah I’m not sure that a lot of events are doing that this year but I thought that was sort of a thing. For us we at least would need to be conscious about shalaxi vs a normal keeper. I’m magnetizing my shalaxi so that she can come back as a keeper if need be 😂

On the subject of match ups i hate there's now Khorne with Archaon, which took 1st place at a recent event in Kyiv. It's basically an Archaon who gets double activation, 6" pile in, +1 attack, +1 to save, re-rolls to wound and i think 1's to hit, flies, runs and charges with +3 to charge move.

We played diagonal setup with 4 objectives along the edges. I gave him the first turn but wasn't quite far enough considering his pile in and bonus charge move, so Archaon charged into my chariot and stopped 6.01" from it. He removed it with double 6's on the sword and then double activated into shalaxi and killed it instantly too. So i got 0 depravity instead of like 20. Since i already pretty much lost the game i decided to test how tough archaon was and managed to inflict like 10 wounds on him with 2 activations from a keeper and an epitome. Unfortunately then Archaon had another 2 activations and insta killed those 2 guys too leaving me with a mask and a syll'esske on the sides.

That was probably the most antifun experience i had so far with my ~10 games of AoS, i simply had no chance to do anything vs those insta kills. With such a massive threat range i pretty much had to deal with archaon first i think.

20 minutes ago, Sobakaa said:

On the subject of match ups i hate there's now Khorne with Archaon, which took 1st place at a recent event in Kyiv. It's basically an Archaon who gets double activation, 6" pile in, +1 attack, +1 to save, re-rolls to wound and i think 1's to hit, flies, runs and charges with +3 to charge move.

We played diagonal setup with 4 objectives along the edges. I gave him the first turn but wasn't quite far enough considering his pile in and bonus charge move, so Archaon charged into my chariot and stopped 6.01" from it. He removed it with double 6's on the sword and then double activated into shalaxi and killed it instantly too. So i got 0 depravity instead of like 20. Since i already pretty much lost the game i decided to test how tough archaon was and managed to inflict like 10 wounds on him with 2 activations from a keeper and an epitome. Unfortunately then Archaon had another 2 activations and insta killed those 2 guys too leaving me with a mask and a syll'esske on the sides.

That was probably the most antifun experience i had so far with my ~10 games of AoS, i simply had no chance to do anything vs those insta kills. With such a massive threat range i pretty much had to deal with archaon first i think.

It sounds like it's something you could deal with a second time fighting it with really heavy screening or just charging him first (if possible). That said, just so I know what exactly happening, what is needed to get those things on Archaon? I get the +1 attack (banner man), +1 save (priest), and reroll wounds (whip), but where is the other stuff from?