AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

18 minutes ago, Overread said:

@Revan123 really nice to see! Now you need some more chariots and seekers in there! Oh and some fiends too. Seeing the two keepers flaking makes me really want some of my own to add to my growing army. 

Fiends are weakest point for me, cost too much for what they do. And I probably need another exalted chariot, I am not going to go for seeker chariot batalion, rather playing classic supreme sibarites

3 hours ago, Revan123 said:

Fiends are weakest point for me, cost too much for what they do. And I probably need another exalted chariot, I am not going to go for seeker chariot batalion, rather playing classic supreme sibarites

Fiends are for summoning :) vs specific units + they look awesome

23 hours ago, CB42 said:

Yeah, fair. I was running the math assuming you can get 20 in (which kills him about 45% of the time), but you can probably only get 12-15  in. At which point you’re more likely putting 4-6 wounds on him than 8. But that does get him into kill range for a Bladebringer on Exalted to finish him off.

The right move is absolutely to just avoid him, but on many maps thats not viable - not just duality, but also you often don’t want him burning your objectives in scorched or valor, you don’t want him near where the objectives drop in starstrike, you don’t want him sitting on the crucial middle objective in focal unless you can take all their backline objectives, stuff like that. I think it gives Slaanesh armies a reason to take more chaff. You need those bodies to serve as speed bumps.

Honestly I really don’t see him smashing the competitive scene so not really worth worrying. If we can deal with HGB (and we can) then this is completely doable too

• Like 1

On the subject of dwarves - is there even a way to beat fireslayers in a mission when there's just a few stationary objectives? I had to fight them today in a total conquest and they just sat on two objectives for the entire game. I tried to dislodge them, lost 3 keepers and managed to kill 4 berzerkers and 2/3 of a magmadroth.

7 minutes ago, Sobakaa said:

On the subject of dwarves - is there even a way to beat fireslayers in a mission when there's just a few stationary objectives? I had to fight them today in a total conquest and they just sat on two objectives for the entire game. I tried to dislodge them, lost 3 keepers and managed to kill 4 berzerkers and 2/3 of a magmadroth.

From what I've found, abusing their low movement and stopping them from reaching  any objectives is our best best. Just send waves of chaff at them and wrack up enough points to get ahead. Only target their heroes if HGB are about (HGB are too strong to take without getting rid of the heroes first). They're tough, but not unbeatable - just different to play against.

I always forget Shalaxi's Irresistible Challenge. Maybe I will remember to use it one day.

I have a tournament in 2 weeks, I will check aos reminder.

I still need to figure out a way to win against shooty skaven and a few other armies.

Edited by spenson

Hello there, I have recently picked up the Hedonites Battletome for my club's narrative campaign and have a couple of questions. For the allegiance abilities, the book says 'Slaanesh army' and not 'Hedonites army' , does this mean I can use the allegiance abilities as long as my army is all Slaanesh keyword? Say I have some Slaanesh Chaos Warriors or Slaanesh beastmen. Secondly, and related, does this mean I can bring in beasts and mortals without using up allies points?

I'm assuming they then also gain the Euphoric Killers ability?

Finally, are these additional Slaanesh units (eg beasts and mortals) included in my host? For example, if I take Invaders, could I theoretically choose a Herald, a Demon Prince and a Beastlord to be my 3 generals?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, swiftmus said:

Hello there, I have recently picked up the Hedonites Battletome for my club's narrative campaign and have a couple of questions. For the allegiance abilities, the book says 'Slaanesh army' and not 'Hedonites army' , does this mean I can use the allegiance abilities as long as my army is all Slaanesh keyword? Say I have some Slaanesh Chaos Warriors or Slaanesh beastmen. Secondly, and related, does this mean I can bring in beasts and mortals without using up allies points?

I'm assuming they then also gain the Euphoric Killers ability?

Finally, are these additional Slaanesh units (eg beasts and mortals) included in my host? For example, if I take Invaders, could I theoretically choose a Herald, a Demon Prince and a Beastlord to be my 3 generals?

Thanks!

Yes to all of these :)

10 minutes ago, Luke1705 said:

When you use the at the double command ability on a seeker unit that can run 2d6, does that change the roll to a 6 for one of the dice? Both making it a 12? Or does it just change the total on the 2d6 to be 6?

I believe it changes the result to be just 6. 

Enoby is right:

Q: How does the At the Double command ability interact with an ability that allows you to roll 2D6 when a unit runs (such as the Seekers of Slaanesh Quicksilver Speed ability)?

A: No dice are rolled, and the run roll is treated as being 6.

- CORE RULES Designers’ Commentary, July 2019

I played my first 2k points game against the FEC. The scenario had 4 objectives and you earned more points if you control your opponent's objective. The armies were 24" away from each other. 

I played this list:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Godseekers Host
Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Shining Aegis
- Trait: Thrill-seeker
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
- Spell: Slothful Stupor
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- Sinistrous Hand
- Artefact: Essence of Vulcatrix
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
Shalaxi Helbane (340)
- Shining Aegis
- Spell: Pavane of Slaanesh
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy
The Masque (120)
30 x Daemonettes (300)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (100)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (100)
Supreme Sybarites (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 104

My opponent played the attendants at court battalion with 2x9 crypt horros, a ghoul king on terrorgheist and an archregent (and some stuff).

The table has a big tower in the middle with a few ruins around.

I put a keeper (my general) and Shalaxi on one side, and the other keeper, the epitome and the daemonettes on the other side. The masque and both units of hellstriders stay behind to prevent my opponent from summoning a unit too close to my objective.

Round 1: I am given the first turn by my opponent. My magic does basically nothing. My epitome rolled a double 1 for my mystic shield and it is dispelled after the reroll. Almost everything runs except the hellstriders and the masque. My general ends up 3" away from the front line of crypt horros. He only needs a 7 to charge the archregent but I roll a 5. I use a CP to reroll and get another double 1... I score 5 points because I hold my objective and both centre objectives.

My opponent doesn't manage to cast a single spell (spoiler, we managed to cast 1 spell in total during the whole game). The FEC summon a Varguhulf close to the rest of the army and three flayers behind. Both units of crypt horros and the terrorgheist charge my keeper and Shalaxi. They kill two horrors and deal five wounds to the terrorgheist before dying. I was insanely lucky with my saves and he had to use his command ability to strike again with a unit of horrors in order to kill them. The flayers fail their 9" charge. My opponent scores three points.

Round 2: I roll a 6 for initiative and cast a mystic shield on my remaining keeper that activats the Essence of Vulcatrix. Everything else fail but I still get a CP with the battalion. The daemonettes move to protect the objective even if a pack of crypt horrors charge them. I summon a keeper with my DP.  The buffed keeper charges and easily decapitates the wounded terrorgheist. The summoned keeper fails his charge. I get the objective back and score 5 points.

Like last turn, my opponent fails all his spells or I dispell them. The slained horrors come back. A group of 9 crypt horrors move towards the keeper and the other in front of the daemonettes. The keeper strikes first (two times) ands kills 5 horrors (the combo Fane+vulcatrix hurts and I rolled a 2 6's two wound with the claws). The epitome fails his locus both times and the horrors kill 27 daemonettes. I was actually really lucky with the saves. The flayers charge and kill 3 hellstriders but it's not enough to capture the objective. The masque and the hellstrider deal a single wound to a flayer. The FEC only score a single point.

Round 2: We roll for initiative. I get a 1... and my opponent also gets a 1. We decide to stop the game. 

I may misremember a few things since I'm not writing immediately after the game. We were both tired since we played after work so we made a few mistakes. I usually play against DoK, Skavensn Seraphon and Legion of Sacrament so this game was a big change. I now understand why some people say that our summoning seems unfair. The keeper cannonball didn't work but he still blocked the FEC for a turn so I guess it was worth it? 

The rolls were almost always either extremely lucky or unlucky. My keeper has to pass 5 out of 6 saves to survive and force my opponent to use feeding frenzy? Easy. Cast any spell, even with a reroll? No way in hell.

Edited by spenson
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fesir said:

Hello there! Do the Keeper of Secrets’ Delicate Precision ability that deal mortal wounds count as attacks and generate depravity points?

I don't know if there is an official FAQ, but I believe that it still counts as an attack and so triggers the requirements of wounds or mortal wounds caused by an attack.

Questioning on Summons.

If  summon a spellcaster, do I get to pick a spell for them as well? Or do they just come with standard spell?

Also - I take it endless spells do not count for depravity points right, as they their own person/object?

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Poddy said:

Questioning on Summons.

If  summon a spellcaster, do I get to pick a spell for them as well? Or do they just come with standard spell?

Also - I take it endless spells do not count for depravity points right, as they their own person/object?

Thanks!

You can only pick their gear (e.g. shield for a KoS). No artefact, spell, etc.

Endless spells don't generate DP, as stated in the latest FAQ.

Edited by spenson
  • Like 1