AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

15 hours ago, MeSmashDaNoobs said:

hello!

I did this list and would like some input on this one.

bestigors have re rolling 1's to hit and 6's are 2 more hits. re rolling wounds with bestigor (Beastlord) and immune to battleshock (Keeper of Secrets)

endless spells helps me get more mortal wounds on spells/faster units.

1 unit on deamonettes for KoS CA.

ungors for battalion requirement/backfield objective holders.

every blob has run + charge + cogs + shaman 3" movement

2 of my heroes have Locus of Diversion (2+ and re rollable 4+)

Did i miss anything or is this a great idea? Comment belove!

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Pretenders Host
Leaders
Beastlord of Slaanesh (90)
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
- Artefact: Breathtaker 
- Lore of Slaanesh: Phantasmagoria
Great Bray Shaman of Slaanesh (100)
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Trait: Inspirer 
- Artefact: Sliverslash 
- Host Option: Strength of Godhood (Pretenders Host Second Command Trait)
- Spell: Soulslice Shards

Battleline
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
30 x Daemonettes (300)

Units
20 x Bestigors (240)
20 x Bestigors (240)

Battalions
Depraved Drove (150)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Ravening Direflock (30)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 134

You only have one Bray shaman. How are all of your "blobs" benefitting from that?

Daemonettes are better to summon in. The seeker battalion is spectacular at generating depravity or tying up deathstars and bestigors do better damage. Not much of a niche left for the daemonettes except for a target for the KoS command ability but summoned ones do that just as well

• Like 1

14 hours ago, azmodan said:

Do other people are also starting to see that daemonettes that where called"best infantry in the game" are not keeping up with meta?

I feel that they are best summoned, too. They are a slightly better than average battleline choice now but, with proper use can be a game changer.

• Like 1

One unit of 20 Daemonettes works nicely with doube activation, plus 1-2 units of 10 models to cover Battleline requirements, score, summon-area-denial.
30 seems unvieldy to move and pile in with 1" range (in my games) even with their small bases.

11 hours ago, Luke1705 said:

Daemonettes are better to summon in. The seeker battalion is spectacular at generating depravity or tying up deathstars and bestigors do better damage. Not much of a niche left for the daemonettes except for a target for the KoS command ability but summoned ones do that just as well

I feel i have a brain ****** but how does the seeker batalion generate depravity :o. 

Hi, ich am an slaanesh newbie, bought for los money the following units:

- 2x Keeperof Secrets 

The Masque 

60 Daemonettes

6 Friends

10 Seeker 

Is it possible to build playable army of about 1500 points from this models? 

What is the best way to play them, maybe pretenders? 

5 minutes ago, BadBrain said:

- 2x Keeperof Secrets 

The Masque 

60 Daemonettes

6 Friends

10 Seeker 

That will build you a good army - you'd likely just want 5 hellstriders or 10 daemonettes to fill out your battleline :)

For us, the more heroes the better. Would suggest 2 KoS and the 60 daemonettes, with the fiends to summon. Would also suggest adding a contorted epitome and some chronomatic cogs - they're great. Thankfully, all of our models are pretty good, even if some are better than others.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BadBrain said:

- 2x Keeperof Secrets 

The Masque 

60 Daemonettes

6 Friends

10 Seeker 

I find fiends a choice for summon. They are great vs some units but not the best vs others.

So 6 fiends may be a bit too much.

I will be playing vs Skaven very soon. I don't know whether it will be Skryre or Verminus. 

Here is the list I will use:

- Host: Invaders Host
Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- Shining Aegis
- Artefact: Icon of Infinite Excess 
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- Sinistrous Hand
- Spell: Slothful Stupor
Syll'Esske, the Vengeful Allegiance (200)
- Host Option: General (Invaders Host)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Pavane of Slaanesh
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Artefact: The Rod of Misrule 
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy
The Masque (120)
- Host Option: General (Invaders Host)
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)
- General
- Trait: Glory Hog 
30 x Daemonettes (300)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (100)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (100)
Supreme Sybarites (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 104

I also considered replacing a keeper and 5 hellstriders with Shalaxi and 10 daemonettes but I'm not sure it's really better. 

8 hours ago, azmodan said:

I feel i have a brain ****** but how does the seeker batalion generate depravity :o. 

Sorry I was assuming either invaders or godseekers host. So if you’re invaders, turn 2 (or 3 at the latest) those bad boys are existing in enemy territory (or are dead) and same goes for godseekers. They are either charging stuff or are dead. So either way they are 3 units that are great at getting extra depravity from your host.

Coincidentally, they’re not as great in godseekers because the 6” pile in (which is absolutely game winning in the right situation) isn’t actually a charge so if you’re certain you want to be godseekers and are ok being 4 drop, I wouldn’t take the battalion.

• Thanks 1

Hey there!

I was looking at some of the Slaanesh scrolls, and was wondering how KoS and Shalaxi gets most bang for their buck? Even with high damage count it seems like their attack profile is very limited at 1-2 attacks, at 2+/3+, and even with Excess of Violence, to me, it just seems like a 50/50 to do a whole lot of damage or none at all?

Please note I am by no means a Slaanesh player (might be after this conversations though!) so it’s more of a curiosity thing :)

Newbie Slaanesh player here, trying not to ask any noob questions , but...

What's everyone's experiences of using the StD units in Slaanesh hosts? Am I reading this right, that you can use Slaves to Darkness units  without using them as allies? If so, are Chaos Knights any good as a heavy cavalry variation to the Seekers?

Any place for Chaos Warriors in a list?

And what about Lords of Chaos and Sorcerer Lords?

Only asking as I have  blobs of StD as well as an KoS, a unit of 20 daemonettes, 5 seekers and 3 fiends, and without spending a shed-load more, I'm looking at whether adding the above units would help make an ok/fun to play Slaanesh army.

Thanks

Edited by Mcthew

4 minutes ago, Mcthew said:

Newbie Slaanesh player here, trying not to ask any noob questions , but...

What's everyone's experiences of using the StD units in Slaanesh hosts? Am I reading this right, that you can use Slaves to Darkness units  without using them as allies? If so, are Chaos Knights any good as a heavy cavalry variation to the Seekers?

Any place for Chaos Warriors in a list?

And what about Lords of Chaos and Sorcerer Lords?

Only asking as I have  blobs of StD as well as an KoS, a unit of 20 daemonettes, 5 seekers and 3 fiends, and without spending a shed-load more, I'm looking at whether adding the above units would help make an ok/fun to play Slaanesh army.

Thanks

Unfortunately, like much of Slaves to Darkness, they're not great. Often don't do enough damage and are too slow to keep up with our more killy stuff. While they can hold an objective, hellstriders are just better at that  as they're faster, only cost 10pts more, and sometimes do something in combat. In addition, Slaves can't benefit from hedonite related buffs. 

13 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Unfortunately, like much of Slaves to Darkness, they're not great. Often don't do enough damage and are too slow to keep up with our more killy stuff. While they can hold an objective, hellstriders are just better at that  as they're faster, only cost 10pts more, and sometimes do something in combat. In addition, Slaves can't benefit from hedonite related buffs. 

Thanks, that's good to know.

So even if they take Slaanesh as the keyword it means they don't get any host buffs either?

Just now, Mcthew said:

Thanks, that's good to know.

So even if they take Slaanesh as the keyword it means they don't get any host buffs either?

They get host buffs that target Slaanesh heroes, but not abilities specifically for hedonites (e.g. locus of diversion or the KoS command ability) 

2 hours ago, Aggesut said:

Hey there!

I was looking at some of the Slaanesh scrolls, and was wondering how KoS and Shalaxi gets most bang for their buck? Even with high damage count it seems like their attack profile is very limited at 1-2 attacks, at 2+/3+, and even with Excess of Violence, to me, it just seems like a 50/50 to do a whole lot of damage or none at all?

Please note I am by no means a Slaanesh player (might be after this conversations though!) so it’s more of a curiosity thing :)

KoS can make (on 2+ roll) one enemy unit in 6" to fight last after all other pile-ins. This is a great ability that allows to deal with deathstars or scary monsters.  With good model placement You don't have to worry even about combat focused enemy geting double turns!

As to the damage output KoS does MW equal to Damage on a Wound roll of 6 and also any hits of 6 generate another automatic hit, so she/he is more killy than it looks ; )

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Xyxel said:

KoS can make (on 2+ roll) one enemy unit in 6" to fight last after all other pile-ins. This is a great ability that allows to deal with deathstars or scary monsters.  With good model placement You don't have to worry even about combat focused enemy geting double turns!

As to the damage output KoS does MW equal to Damage on a Wound roll of 6 and also any hits of 6 generate another automatic hit, so she/he is more killy than it looks ; )

Got ya, Locus of Diversion and Euphoric Killer seem to give all Slaanesh heroes and units in general quite a boost and meat-grind ability, so the trade-off for low attacks on the KoS and a Shalaxi seems fair enough - I would, however, find it extremely difficult to leave them on their own then, as even if they hold back the enemy unit till last, they’ll only output anywhere between 2 to 10 damage at 50/50 to hit, which just seems too random to be a safe choice, but I assume it’s part of the charm!

You can allways use HoS free terrain "Fane of Slaanesh" which can give you KoS (or other hero) on 2+ a reroll of hits until next hero phase, so KoS gets 2 combat phases with reroll of hits. With 2 Comand Points for double activation its brutal. It works wonders on Contorted Epitome with Sword of Judgement artefact.
If HoS hero sacrife an artefact to the Fane of Slaanesh she/he/it gets on 2+ a reroll of hits for the rest of the battle.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PensivePanther said:

Is it legal to go FULL beasts of chaos in a Hedonites army via the Depraved Drove battalion and has anyone tried it? I cant get the idea of  an invaders host comprising entirely of beastmen out of my head.

Perfectly legal, you might want one or more epitome in the army though, so you can have Locus and horrible fascination, some of the Slaanesh lore and rr1s

So I just played a 2k points against Skaven at my FLGS. I had (still have) some kind of flu so it wasn't the best game I've ever played and I made some mistakes.

I used the list above but replaced a KoS and 5 hellstriders with Shalaxi and 10 daemonettes. I wanted to try Shalaxi because I love the model. My opponent replaced some stormvermins, his verminlord warbringer and some other stuff from his usual list for 9 jezzails, a verminlord deceiver and a verminlord warpseer. 

We played Better Part of Valour. I lost the roll to choose the board edge and ended up with 2 deadly terrains and a sinister.

This was basically the worst scenario for me since he could use his screens very effectively. He deployed his gnawholes as close as possible from my objectives. The verminlord deceiver was deployed close to his board edge so I wouldn't be able to unbind his teleportation spell. The jezzails were deployed in the middle, just 3" behind the screen of rats. I deployed the mask in a gnawhole and my unit of hellstriders close to the other one to prevent a teleportation on the objective.

First turn, the rod of misrule gave my opponent 1CP and I only managed to cast Shalaxi's spell and healed the wound the KoS took from the Fane.

My KoS, Shalaxi and 30 daemonettes were 18" away from his clanrats with a piece of terrain in the middle. I used my 3CP to run 6" the daemonettes (rolled a 2) and reroll the charges of both my KoS (he still mised his 5" charge...) and Shalaxi. I couldn't hit with all the daemonettes because I didn't want his stormvermins to be able to hit me. The daemonettes killed 8 clanrats and shalaxi did nothing at all but took 2 wounds from the rats.

During his turn, my opponent managed to teleport his verminlord deceiver within 6" of the units behind my front line. The verminlord warpseer dealt 6MW with his spell to my KoS and they all went through the aegis. During the shooting phase he dealt an extra 6MW with his orb. The 9 jezzails finished him just to be sure. Shalaxi also took a few wounds. During the combat phase I lost the 25 remaining daemonettes because he kept the stormvermins 6" away from Shalaxi. His verminlord deceiver killed the epitome but still took 4 wounds because of the locus. Shalaxi was wounded a bit more after killing 4 rats.

Luckily I kept the initiative. I didn't managed to cast a single spell and didn't get a cp from the supreme sybarites. I had just a bit more than enough points to summoin 30 daemonettes but no enough for a KoS. The enrapturess killed 2 rats with her shooting attack.

My unit of 10 daemonettes and the masque charged the verminlord deceiver while Syl'Esske charged the jezzails (there was a hole small enough in his line). I didn't roll high enough to actually charge them but reached another unit and still ended up within range of his 2" attacks. The daemonettes failed their 9" charge even with a reroll. Syl'Esske got the locus on the Verminlord Warpseer that was 3" away and Shalaxi got it on the clanrats. The masque failed the locus on the Verminlord Deceiver so my first activation was the 10 daemonettes that charged him. They dealt 3 more wounds to it.

My opponent then activated the Verminlord Deceiver. I thought that Skavens could disengage during the movement phase and still charge (it's actually from the clanrats banner) but apparently they could also do it during the combat phase. He rolled quite high on his run roll and ended up within 6" of the objective that the masque was previously holding. We decided to stop the game here because he would burn it at the end of his turn and there as no way I could burn any of his objectives.

Basically not the funniest game I've ever played.

Edited by spenson

One thing i haven't seen discussed here much is the Seeker Cavalcade battalion and units of chariots in Godseekers where they're battleline. In my mind that would be useful against a mirror matchup of slaanesh or khorne with its chain activation and 6" pile in. Something like that, maybe:

Keeper of Secrets (360)
- Ritual Knife
The Masque (120)
The Contorted Epitome (200)
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (100)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (100)
10 x Seekers (240)
3 x Seeker Chariots (360)
Seeker Cavalcade (140)
Supreme Sybarites (120)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 94

2x10 seekers would give more attacks and be faster, but chariots are battleline, can retreat and charge and provide some mortal wounds at the start of combat. I'd love to fit in another keeper but than it would be a completely different list more suited for Invaders.