AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

1 hour ago, spenson said:

For a second I thought that we'd also have some cost updates but someone accidentaly uploaded the Chinese pdf in the english section. Well... at least we didn't get any nerf?

The current FAQ that switched to english is still the one from May, so we need to wait to see what the actual July update looks like

4 minutes ago, Black_Nexus said:

The current FAQ that switched to english is still the one from May, so we need to wait to see what the actual July update looks like

They didn't get anything in the other languages so I think there's nothing new.

28 minutes ago, spenson said:

They didn't get anything in the other languages so I think there's nothing new.

It is listed as having an update, and it is one of the newest books.

Will wait and see if it switches over at some point today

I don't think there will be point changes, but there very well might be rules changes/tweaks.

I am pretty sure they said Slannesh was too new to get point changes yet

SSlan.PNG

Edited by Black_Nexus

17 minutes ago, Luzgurbel said:

Hello, new Slaanesh polayer tempted by the Dark Prince reporting presence!

I have bought the SC Box, and my question is: can I build another thing beyond the Exalted Chariot? I've red somewhere that I can build even 2 seeker chariots. Is that true?

The Exalted Chariot is built from the contents of two regular chariot sets. As a result the Start collecting box can certainly build the other two variations if you want. So you can have one of:

2 Seeker 

2 Hellflayer

1 Seeker and 1 hellflayer

1 Exalted 

It's a very versatile kit. Also note that the heads and arms for ALL Deamonettes can freely swap around however you wish (chariots, seekers and deamonettes). In addition the riders for Seekers and the riders in the chariot kit can also swap around and the seeker mounts can too mostly (I've not tried them all and some poses might not work with some chariots). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Black_Nexus said:

It is listed as having an update, and it is one of the newest books.

Will wait and see if it switches over at some point today

If you're willing to scratch through Google translate, nothing has changed from the current FAQ to the new one in Japanese. 

EDIT* They're in English now with no updates. 

Edited by SwampHeart

Just now, SwampHeart said:

If you're willing to scratch through Google translate, nothing has changed from the current FAQ to the new one in Japanese. 

It also says May on the top of the FAQ, yet the front page lists it as having an update.

1 minute ago, Black_Nexus said:

It also says May on the top of the FAQ, yet the front page lists it as having an update.

Almost 100% sure the "update" was it being available in Japanese. Multiple people have tweeted GW/posted on their FB and nothing has come of it. I don't think they're changing anything about the book, its too new to warrant any real feedback. 

6 hours ago, Orzo said:

Hello! I'm totally new to Slaanesh. (but not to AoS) Last week I did a lot of thinking about making a list for my future army.  But I'm surprised, how often I see mix of Slaanesh and Beasts. Is it really the strongest way to play it? I was thinking about something absolutely different, I don't like playing too much hordes. I sow few list of this kind but I want to discuss it, before I put my money in it..

Idea is simple. 4 drops, decide who will start, 4CPs in turn 1 (1 for battalion, 1 for battalion ability, 1 for turn, 1 for using an artefact, then throwing him to the terrain) charge in T1, Then summon Deamonets on objectives, with possible Herald of Slaanesh to chainsummon, maybe summon Keeper if any die. I know I don't have bodies for holding objectives in base list but here I hope summoning wil do..

Advices? Is it ok? Should I do some changes? Should i throw this to a trashcan and ho for Beast list?

1.PNG

To answer your first question, the reason beasts are so good is that when they are in Slaanesh allegiance they benefit from the same triple strike that daemonettes do. The only difference with beasts is you are paying less points for a more value. When compared to Daemonettes; Ungor, Bestigor, and Gors are all far more efficient when you adjust for points costs. Statistically, Ungor with spears are the absolute best since they are so cheap and re-roll 1s and 2s so have the highest odds of rolling those spicy 6s with their glorious 2" range and small bases. Even Gors are decent now with their points drops though. Also Shaggoths are brilliantly efficient depravity generators since they hit hard and come with built in healing at a cheap pts cost.

As for your list. Here re my thoughts:

- Shalaxi sucks. Take a third Keeper Instead.
- The Enrapturess really isn't very good for her points. You are basically paying 140 for a poor shooting attack and an extra DP per turn.
- Hysterical Frenzy is a super weak spell, I'd just bring in more healing instead. Healing is your friend. ;)
- Daemonettes are better battleline than warriors. For a few pts more you get way more value and also more bodies to hold objectives.
- Hellstriders, same deal.

Hello fellow perverts (I really hope this doesnt offend anyone :). Should a mod feel the need, just redact it.). I would like to start a Slaanesh army with these models available KoS, Shalaxi, Viceleader, Daemonettes, Seekers and thats it.

The reason for such limitation is that I would like to go fully 3D printed and I dont have suitable models for the rest of stuff. I may be able to meshmix an Enraptures from other models but certainly no chariots, no epitome. I will also buy a fane because there is not a printable alternative period. So my question is, what can I build with these? I thought about Revellers with two full units of daemonettes, KoS, Shalaxi and some filler units and heroes,  but it looks like hero heavy with Sybarites is a better approach. What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, Trayanee said:

Hello fellow perverts (I really hope this doesnt offend anyone :). Should a mod feel the need, just redact it.). I would like to start a Slaanesh army with these models available KoS, Shalaxi, Viceleader, Daemonettes, Seekers and thats it.

The reason for such limitation is that I would like to go fully 3D printed and I dont have suitable models for the rest of stuff. I may be able to meshmix an Enraptures from other models but certainly no chariots, no epitome. I will also buy a fane because there is not a printable alternative period. So my question is, what can I build with these? I thought about Revellers with two full units of daemonettes, KoS, Shalaxi and some filler units and heroes,  but it looks like hero heavy with Sybarites is a better approach. What do you guys think?

Is this really worth? I don't know exactly your models, but 3D printed minis are usually really bad looking, unless you pay for a print maybe more then for GW models. Maybe it's ok as a proxed model before you buy the original one, but having "fully 3D printed" army is quite strange and seems kind of like stealing to me.  I would not mind playing against it as "testing army" but I would be sad if someone would be using this repeatably.. Is this really what you want?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Orzo said:

Is this really worth? I don't know exactly your models, but 3D printed minis are usually really bad looking, unless you pay for a print maybe more then for GW models. Maybe it's ok as a proxed model before you buy the original one, but having "fully 3D printed" army is quite strange and seems kind of like stealing to me.  I would not mind playing against it as "testing army" but I would be sad if someone would be using this repeatably.. Is this really what you want?

I kind of expected it so...No, I dont consider it stealing, nor do I find it bad in any possible way. I still buy battletomes, GHB and other stuff like paints. I dont play in a GW store so there is really no harm done to anyone, the 3D models I use are not copies like recasts, they are unique models made by patreon creators, KS etc. and I like the idea of supporting these ppl.

Its not a matter of money for me. Its a matter of uniqueness and also hobby approach as I feel a lot more comfortable converting via Meshmixer/Blender than with knife and glue.

About the quality...I dont want to go OT too much, but SLA printer can match anything GW produces If 3D model is good enough.

2 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

What's interesting is that all the builds were kind of different. 

Yeah that is what Im really enjoying about Slaanesh. Tons of different builds. Heavy on heroes, heavy on infrantry etc. 

4 hours ago, Lord Slyght said:

Winning list is on the Honest Wargamer website

Thank you very much!

It's quite interesting that the list with double keeper played godseeker. I have a bit of trouble getting over how good the invaders artefacts are but godseekers look better and better the more I play.

The comment about the masque being there to guarantee some summoning is... logical. I always thought that it was really meh since it's not a wizard but this use makes sense. 

I would really like his feedback on the enrapturess. She doesn't seem that worth it on paper, especially in a tournament where you're not guaranteed to play all the turns because of the time limit.

2 hours ago, spenson said:

Thank you very much!

It's quite interesting that the list with double keeper played godseeker. I have a bit of trouble getting over how good the invaders artefacts are but godseekers look better and better the more I play.

The comment about the masque being there to guarantee some summoning is... logical. I always thought that it was really meh since it's not a wizard but this use makes sense. 

I would really like his feedback on the enrapturess. She doesn't seem that worth it on paper, especially in a tournament where you're not guaranteed to play all the turns because of the time limit.

Hi,

The enrapturess in combination with the epitome shut down pretty much all of opponents magic, and the shooting attack was useful for sniping wounds off characters through the games.

While the invaders artifacts seem strong on paper generally I was losing my keepers every game and summoning on more so you don't get full utility out of them. Godseekers gave me guaranteed depravity as you're always charging units each turn,  and the +1 to charge in combo with cogs meant my summoned units were very likely to make a successful charge the turn they came on and could therefore influence the game that turn.

The masque is surprisingly tanky with her 4++ and healing ability, and combined with her relatively quick movement she's perfect to use as your summoning point.  Don't underestimate the damage she puts out either,  she can take on support units no problem. 

Ben

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1