AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

23 minutes ago, AronQ_ said:

Friends, can you recommend some lists for 1000 pts?

Something like...

- Army Faction: Hedonites of Slaanesh
     - Army Type: Godseekers
LEADERS
The Contorted Epitome (245)
Sigvald (205)
BATTLELINE
Blissbarb Archers (140)
Blissbarb Archers (140)
OTHER
Myrmidesh Painbringers (120)
Myrmidesh Painbringers (120)
TERRAIN
1 x Fane of Slaanesh (0)
TOTAL POINTS: 970/1000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

Painbringers can be swapped for twinsouls, Sigvald can be swapped for a cheaper hero and an endless spell (Jaws or Purple Sun preferred).  Epitome carris command trait and artefact of preference. 

Battalion preference would be for Painbringers/twinsouls as bounty hunters, all else in a Battle Regiment. 

Edited by KrispyXIV

16 hours ago, Lupercal said:

Any reason Pretenders don’t seem to get much love over the others?

Battle traits are not particularly impactful (you will very rarely see huge units to benefit from the re-roll). The extra DP generation trait is risky. The double up on command traits is interesting (and they have solid artefacts) but it is not enough to get me away from using Godseekers, Invaders, or Lurid Haze.

If our Keepers were a bit tougher I think the character-centric Pretenders would be more interesting since then you'd feel more at home with getting stuck in and make use of the Pretender's double trait + artefacts (and access the increased DP generation bonus).

I've also become used to the more reliable charges of Godseekers or the useful movement shenanigans of Lurid Haze, Hurler of Obscenities command trait is also really nice (edit: in Invaders. Forgot to specify!).

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lupercal said:

Any reason Pretenders don’t seem to get much love over the others?

Its a really cool concept, that isn't nearly impactful enough to compete with something the simple goodness of something like +1 charge in a Summoning faction.

If we had a really amazing high value monster that stacking CTs on could make amazing, it might be different.  Otherwise, it really needs to be like... an extra enhancement including command traits for each hero or something.

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm trying to build something meta for a casual ++ game :

Strengh & Weakness ?

- Army Faction: Hedonites of Slaanesh
     - Army Type: Invaders
     - Subfaction: The Lurid Haze
     - Grand Strategy: Defend What’s Ours
     - Triumph: Bloodthirsty

LEADERS
Sigvald (205)***
Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (135)***
     - Artefacts of Power: Icon of Infinite Excess
     - Spells: Dark Delusions
Lord of Pain (140)***
     - General
     - Command Traits: Feverish Anticipation
     - Artefacts of Power: Oil of Exultation

BATTLELINE
Symbaresh Twinsouls (260)*
     - Egopomp
Myrmidesh Painbringers (120)*
     - Painmaster
Symbaresh Twinsouls (260)*
     - Egopomp
Blissbarb Archers (140)**
     - High Tempter
     - High Tempter
     - High Tempter

OTHER
Slickblade Seekers (230)
     - Hunter-Seeker
Slickblade Seekers (230)
     - Hunter-Seeker

TERRAIN
1 x Fane of Slaanesh (0)

CORE BATTALIONS
*Bounty Hunters
**Expert Conquerors
***Command Entourage
     - Magnificent

TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000

Agreed, lord of pain can be taken, but I wouldn't make him your general. Myrms are to stay in 5's and syms in 10s. I personally like taking the 30 archers now for battleline.

Archers will just die anyways, so bounty hunters doesn't bother us but no reason to put myrms and syms at risk. 

• Like 1

I think The Geminis might be a great asset to generate DP turn 1. Rund it through your entire army. It has a move of 8" and only does a single MW on a 2+. The The downside being that you can't use auto rum or +1 to hit in the shooting face or combat phase. I'm looking at armies with 10+ units making 12+  DP turn 1 a rather sure thing with some added shooting. Even the lowly blissbarbs most likely won't run to  a single mw. Any input?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pompe said:

I think The Geminis might be a great asset to generate DP turn 1. Rund it through your entire army. It has a move of 8" and only does a single MW on a 2+. The The downside being that you can't use auto rum or +1 to hit in the shooting face or combat phase. I'm looking at armies with 10+ units making 12+  DP turn 1 a rather sure thing with some added shooting. Even the lowly blissbarbs most likely won't run to  a single mw. Any input?

You can use +1 to hit in the combat phase.

I tried this strategy with 8 units and generated 7 DP. Was awesome.

16 minutes ago, AronQ_ said:
  • I have a question, do we can pick an artefact for every hero just for free? And second question about Sigvalds Shardslash, damage cannot be negated its meaning that no wards?

You can't give artefacts to named heroes. Besides that you can give ONE artefact to a hero. Also you can choose another artefact for each batallion with the magnificent ability (if you choose the artefact as the magnificent bonus).

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Hmmm. I really wanted to avoid having named heroes in my force (I like coming up with names and histories for my own heroes)... but that damned Sigvald is seriously tempting! Gorgeous model, too. Might have to just go for it. 

Check with your local community on proxies and stand ins?   Personally, a similarly scaled mini on the right base with similar enough gear is sigvald to me. 

• Thanks 1

Do you guys usually find it enough to summon an Infernal Enrapturess if you want one, or is it better to start with her in the list so you have her magic defense in the first battle round? I know this would of course vary with your meta, but assuming the "generic" case.

I can imagine three basic cases:

1) Non-magic lists. Obviously you dont need her then.
2) Lesser-wizard lists. This is where she would shine, as these casters suffer from needing to reroll.
3) Greater-wizard lists. I imagine her utility here would be limited mostly to dispelling endless spells, as these casters have the tools to not care much about her reroll.

Also, what do you guys think about the new Quicksilver Swords? And which would you want in which situations between it and Purple Sun of Shyish? Or would you just go with Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws instead of either of those (i searched and found Enoby saying Ravenak was more "reliable")? And how do all these compare to the Mesmerising Mirror? Hehe 😁 i like endless spells...

Edited by JackOfBlades

1 hour ago, JackOfBlades said:

Do you guys usually find it enough to summon an Infernal Enrapturess if you want one, or is it better to start with her in the list so you have her magic defense in the first battle round? I know this would of course vary with your meta, but assuming the "generic" case.

I can imagine three basic cases:

1) Non-magic lists. Obviously you dont need her then.
2) Lesser-wizard lists. This is where she would shine, as these casters suffer from needing to reroll.
3) Greater-wizard lists. I imagine her utility here would be limited mostly to dispelling endless spells, as these casters have the tools to not care much about her reroll.

Also, what do you guys think about the new Quicksilver Swords? And which would you want in which situations between it and Purple Sun of Shyish? Or would you just go with Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws instead of either of those (i searched and found Enoby saying Ravenak was more "reliable")? And how do all these compare to the Mesmerising Mirror? Hehe 😁 i like endless spells...

I've never summoned one, but it looks an interesting piece nowadays with endless spells being a big part of the meta.

As for Endless Spells, obviously purple sun is out of control right now, but I also really like Dreadful Visage. Strike last is fantastic and opens up a lot of plays which I really have come to like. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JackOfBlades said:

Do you guys usually find it enough to summon an Infernal Enrapturess if you want one, or is it better to start with her in the list so you have her magic defense in the first battle round?

U can file One in from the Beginn. Pinning, and making 2 DP every Round... Her Anti-Casting ReRoll is nize to jes (Take Luzerad Haze and plopp in Range to most of y enemy caster).. the Problem, she will die very easy, very early.

4 the Endless Speels i prefer:

Giminis (for own DP Generation)

Purpel Sun is mega for Support (big Archer, big Twinsoul attacks)

Ravenag i think u Need the Shards and/or Glutos ….

• Thanks 1

I played yesterday a game against Soulblights with: Manfred, Necromancer,Vampirelord, 60 Zombies 3x10 DireWolfs and 2x20 Graveguards with this list:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
- Grand Strategy: No Place for the Weak
- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (470)*

- Host Option: General
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
Lord of Pain (140)*
-
General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (205)*
-
Host Option: General

Battleline (GV)
22 x Blissbarb Archers (280)*

- Reinforced x 1
10 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (240)*
-
Reinforced x 1

10 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (240)**
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (260)**
-
Reinforced x 1

Units

1 x Chaos Spawn (55)*
- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh
1 x Chaos Spawn (55)*
-
Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh

Endless Spells & Invocations
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Bounty Hunters

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Wounds: 121
Drops: 3

In the End i Won 21 to 14 but it was very very hard.

Pro`s: The Twins are very very Madness, super good, They Overkillt 20 Graveguard in 1 Turn, 10 Direwolfs and 4 of them killed 22 Zombies. Very cool.

Painbringers are solid, good Choice

MVP Sigvald with killed 10 Direwolfs and than 5 and than make a 11" Charge and killed 20 (!!) Graveguard in 1 Turn PLUS the Vampirelord in the next

Not so good:

the Giminid were Always NOT cast or be dispeld so my DP Generation was very low and there only were 21 DP Over the hole game. not so nize....

Stay Tuned Friday the Same List is played against DoK (Snakes or DaugherSpam)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought I'd share some hobby inspiration for a change :D

On the subject of the Enrapturess, she's always been decent - she's great in conjunction with friendly wizards to help shut down enemy casting, and she's a constant source of 2-3DP per turn - cop a mortal from the Fane for 1DP that also buffs her shooting, then either shoot 1 unit to reliably get 1 extra DP, or split shot 2 units to fish for 2 extra DP. The new edition favoring endless spells, particularly one that has a mighty 8+ casting value, makes her almost a no brainer inclusion. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jaskier said:

Thought I'd share some hobby inspiration for a change :D

On the subject of the Enrapturess, she's always been decent - she's great in conjunction with friendly wizards to help shut down enemy casting, and she's a constant source of 2-3DP per turn - cop a mortal from the Fane for 1DP that also buffs her shooting, then either shoot 1 unit to reliably get 1 extra DP, or split shot 2 units to fish for 2 extra DP. The new edition favoring endless spells, particularly one that has a mighty 8+ casting value, makes her almost a no brainer inclusion. 

I would love so if GW will return Azazel in tablegame

Hi all, I was wondering endless spells are looking the best for us at the moment? I have all of them and am trying to pick from a few stand-out examples I have seen here.

- Lifeswarm, On Glutos surrounded by a block of 10 Painbringers I feel this could be really good, with the side effect that 1-2 rolls do nothing. However, a roll of 3 could heal 1 wound and bring back a whole Painbringer so. 

-Geminids, Cast through your own army for that precious precious DP

-Purple Sun, it's the meta 

-Gnashing Jaws, With Glutos' warscroll spell stating it halves the move characteristic is it wrong for me to think this could absolutely nuke whatever unit it's thrown at if Glutos gets both spells off? 

- Mesmerizing Mirror, With blissbarb shooting I feel keeping a unit back a whole turn, or doing the D3, could be helpful. Seems weak compared to others on this list. 

-Dreadful Visage, With the lack of fight first or last abilities in recent tomes giving a unit fight last could be huge to let multiple units neuter an an enemy unit then let them strike back with whatever models they have left for maximum DP generation.

Would love to hear some thoughts as I love endless spells, I'm particularly interested in thoughts on Lifeswarm and Gnashing Jaws.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cactus997 said:

Would love to hear some thoughts as I love endless spells, I'm particularly interested in thoughts on Lifeswarm and Gnashing Jaws.

I find Lifeswarm okay but without doppel acitvated when Cast and the Nuke damade made i dont know,

Gnashing Jaws is cool with Glutos Speel jes but it Nuke the Enemy in total if u come with the Shards too.

Purpel Sun is jes MEta but u will Play 1-2 Big Blob of Archer or 2-3 Units of 10er Twins to maximied the effect.

Gemeinis are really cool too, my actuall way but if u cant get it out me....

Dreadfull Visage: I dont know, i build most off my List that i want 2-3 Units in CC and 1 off them must be realitivly supstantel (Maybe Glutos with Shield and Finest hour or All-Out-Defensiv or so...or 10 Painbringer with the Same Buffs and 5++ FNP because of DP) So i often not Need the Strike LAst Effekt.

Mesmerizing Mirror: Mhmm not sure with this. The 6W6 against Heros could be the real/ Real Thread if u had a bubbel and u roll against 3-4 Heros. If u Lucky und kill many supporters in 1 Rush. 

I Am a littel bit sad that the SeekLauncher Spell just take "littel" Wizzard with it... No Keeper with a thread Range like a FlyingOrrukPig ;( 

Allegiance: Slaanesh - Host: Godseekers Host -

Grand Strategy: Defend What's Ours -

Triumphs:

Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (470)

Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (205)

- General

- Command Trait: Master of Magic

- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)

- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon

11 x Blissbarb Archers (140)

5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (120)

5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)

Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (60)

Total: 1990 / 2000

Reinforced Units: 0 / 4

Allies: 0 / 400

Wounds: 114

Drops: 4

The slicks and 2 of the myrms were in bounty hunters, the rest in battle regiment. 
Went against a sylvaneth list and was able to pull a win, but that was due to opponent needing to go because it was late. I was definitely in a strong position without losing any units yet, but a myrm squad down to 1, but denied battle tactics by rallying my slicks back up to 3 models. 

Durthu with a lot of attacks came in, got debuffed by glutos and failed to kill sigvald which left him trapped. 

Sylvaneth player also lost some kurnoth and sword bug riders. I held a flank and center pretty strongly. Wish I got to playu the rest of it. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Carnith said:

Allegiance: Slaanesh - Host: Godseekers Host -

Grand Strategy: Defend What's Ours -

Triumphs:

Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (470)

Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (205)

- General

- Command Trait: Master of Magic

- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)

- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon

5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)

Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (60)

Total: 1990 / 2000

Reinforced Units: 0 / 4

Allies: 0 / 400

Wounds: 114

Drops: 4

The slicks and 2 of the myrms were in bounty hunters, the rest in battle regiment. 
Went against a sylvaneth list and was able to pull a win, but that was due to opponent needing to go because it was late. I was definitely in a strong position without losing any units yet, but a myrm squad down to 1, but denied battle tactics by rallying my slicks back up to 3 models. 

Durthu with a lot of attacks came in, got debuffed by glutos and failed to kill sigvald which left him trapped. 

Sylvaneth player also lost some kurnoth and sword bug riders. I held a flank and center pretty strongly. Wish I got to playu the rest of it. 

I came up with this exact same list the other night and will likely be playing it a week from now but with the army being Lurid Haze for the Seekers and Sigvald. If you get another game in with it you should update us on what works and what doesn't. I'm concerned about the lack of speed and punch with so many Painbringer units on the field.