Jump to content

AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion


HERO
 Share

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Carnith said:

I went for all the riders and seekers separate. Sprayed the chariot itself silver and washed it purple in spots. Some areas I did some magenta as that was my daemonette claw color. 

There was also a colour called Poison Purple from HMG/Coat d'Arms which was the old 1990 metallic purple.  I think I used to get it through,.. uh.. Maelstrom?  TBH I have no idea where you could find it now.  However I think Warcolours does it now.

It's a good colour for Slaanesh Metal cause it takes a black shade (or whatever method/paint/style) and then drybrushes well up with mid tone and silver highlights.  

Just something to consider :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure everyone is toying around with a list like this. What do you think?

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (135)
- General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (205)
11 x Blissbarb Archers (140)**
11 x Blissbarb Archers (140)**
11 x Blissbarb Archers (140)**
10 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (240)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (260)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (260)*
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)
*Bounty Hunters
**Expert Conquerors

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 144
Drops: 10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys a question: if I summon herald on exalted chariot,  can I give him a spell from the lore or a universal spell because he is a wizard? Thx a lot

Yes, or from either book or universal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sonnenspeer said:

I'm sure everyone is toying around with a list like this. What do you think?

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (135)
- General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (205)
11 x Blissbarb Archers (140)**
11 x Blissbarb Archers (140)**
11 x Blissbarb Archers (140)**
10 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (240)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (260)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (260)*
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)
*Bounty Hunters
**Expert Conquerors

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 144
Drops: 10

Im not so sure on the 10 painbringers in bountyhunter. You wont be able to fight with all of then at the same time. And only having one hero to summon from makes the list rather easy to nuter. The thing I can't wrapped my head around is if slickblades are worth it, especially outside of bounty hunters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pompe said:

10 painbringers in bountyhunter. You wont be able to fight with all of then at the same tim

You are right. Somewhere in my mind I was sure they fight in two ranks because of the new rules. But no, only if they are battleline... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Ninruviel said:

You can make them battleline if a lord of pain is the general.

Take one instead of one unit of archers ?

And in doing so, gut their best aspect - being relatively survivable (due to enemy bounty hunters).  

I'm extremely conflicted about making them battleline.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carnith said:

Also for the list, summoning will be fine. Sigvald and Shardspeaker can summon and you can summon from the fane. 

That's what I think, too. Also I would summon demon heroes like the infernal Enraptureness early on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading the Goonhamer article on the Tome Celestial for FEC, they say FEC is "doing a lot better than some lackluster armies (Hedonites, Gitz, and most of the armies that only got their Battletome recently)" Didnt Hedonites just get their own Tome Celestial recently? Did it just not land? As someone who recently picked up interest in the faction due to the GHB22 points drops on the fantastic models in the Slaanesh mortal line, it's a little disappointing to think their own update was a wet ******?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The tome celestial update for Hedonites is, fine, unlike many of the TCs it does add rules which actually do something at least.  However the base rules of the army are so mechanically cumbersome that it's difficult to just sprinkle a few bonuses on to and call it good.  (Like, if they had fully given Hedonites 5+ rally, +2" move, and a 5++ with no strings attached I truly don't think it would have 'saved' the faction.)

That said, the TC came out before the recent GHB/battlescroll points drops, which are substantial, so I don't think it's all doom and gloom.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Lupercal said:

Reading the Goonhamer article on the Tome Celestial for FEC, they say FEC is "doing a lot better than some lackluster armies (Hedonites, Gitz, and most of the armies that only got their Battletome recently)" Didnt Hedonites just get their own Tome Celestial recently? Did it just not land? As someone who recently picked up interest in the faction due to the GHB22 points drops on the fantastic models in the Slaanesh mortal line, it's a little disappointing to think their own update was a wet ******?

 

 

As mentioned, our TC wasn't bad (and certainly better than most), but rather than a straight up 'buff' it was instead an alternate way to play the faction - allowing depravity to be used for something other than summoning.

I personally like it - it certainly won't make us much stronger on its own, but for casual games it's nice to not have to bring daemons, and for the future it's good to know that they've thought about reducing the reliance on summoning. 

The points drops are definitely the biggest change, and we've yet to really see the impact from that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

In my experience, the celestial tome Slaanesh got did not help us in any way now that battlescroll update for khorne is so good! They get abilities and summoning while we get one OR the other and we re still paying a premium on all the hedonites units outside of 4 warscrolls they just removed the summoning tax from

Edited by azdimy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the replies. I know Beasts of Chaos got a pretty nice boost from their Tome Celestial, so I was a little surprised/disappointed to look at Hedonites warscrolls like the Fane and the endless spells and presuppose "these dont really seem like they DO anything...?"

Likewise, other books receiving Tome Celestial treatments garnered a decent amount of buzz, while the Hedonites' iteration seems to have come and gone with barely a murmur?

Edited by Lupercal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Enoby said:

As mentioned, our TC wasn't bad (and certainly better than most), but rather than a straight up 'buff' it was instead an alternate way to play the faction - allowing depravity to be used for something other than summoning.

I personally like it - it certainly won't make us much stronger on its own, but for casual games it's nice to not have to bring daemons, and for the future it's good to know that they've thought about reducing the reliance on summoning. 

The points drops are definitely the biggest change, and we've yet to really see the impact from that. 

I honestly really like the tempo of the TC abilities.  Generally, 5+ rally is online from turn 2 and summoning happens after rally and movement, so you're almost never "giving up" those abilities to summon instead - theyre generally "in addition to".   

The ward is kindof the exception, as getting it online is a trick and you then have to stay high to maintain it...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was really nice in my game today vs OBR. Turn 3, i only had 7 points, but I was able to rally my symbaresh unit from 2 models back to 8 over 2 rallies. And it allowed me to help get into position and then bring a keeper to allow sigvald to become kenshiro and kill katakros.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The best way to look at the Fane is it's a free Depravity point every turn assuming you park either Synessa or an Enrapturess next to it (as both are fine with sitting back) and an extra summon point which is always useful. 

Our Tome Celestial is better than people give it credit for precisely for the reason @KrispyXIV says; you will typically reach the first two benefits very quickly, and you get to benefit from them before you spend your Depravity points. A 5+ Rally in this new meta with our significantly cheaper infantry is great, and they also benefit the most from the +2" movement to get to objectives or combat a bit quicker. The 5+ ward isn't unfeasible to get in round two and very likely in round three, especially with how cheap Blissbarbs are now; you will often lose it to summon, but when it's active it is a big deal as it makes our units that little bit tankier to feed the Depravity farming. 

The Tome by itself was a nice boost but held back by our infantry - the main beneficiaries of it - being overpriced, but now that they've received dramatic point reductions it's going to make the Tome rules really shine. It's not going to propel Slaanesh to the top of the ladder or anything but the changes are absolutely pushing them up a rung or two. I've gone from ignoring them for my "serious" tournaments to actually considering them again; the problem for me is my Daughters of Khaine, Nighthaunt and Sylvaneth have all been updated too - the latter two getting a new lease on life similar to Slaanesh - and my Tzeentch are just around the corner too. I've gone from "I'm gonna play Stormcast for a bit" to "oh god I have four other armies I need to play ahufzkgtoyyctsd6ys54s47d8c" 😬 Definitely exciting times for Slaanesh though!

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My issue with the 5+ ward is your main beneficiaries already have it! Glutos, Sigvald and Twinsouls are all the units you want in melee and yet Slaanesh, the glass cannon of all the gods, does not gift its 5+ ward to them. 

The rally and move is actually really good for our newly buffed infantry. 10" move twinsouls have a potential 22 inch threat range, Blissbarbs with a good run roll can move as fast as cavalry, and Seekers moving 16" is a sight to behold. Also, Rally works exceptionally well for our blissbarbs, twinsouls and blissblades. 

Slaanesh has received a bunch of buffs, directly and indirectly, this season. Here they are in no order:

1) Points decreases. Self explanatory.

2) Tome celestial.

2) Bounty hunters. This universal batallion is a buff to all underperforming armies, Slaanesh included.

3) Krondspine. Priced without the summoning tax, able to generate depravity and providing a tank / dps unit monster sorely lacking in slaanesh's roster? A powerful new unit for Slaanesh for sure.

4) Endless spells. Again, a weaker faction benefiting from new universal abilities.

5) Good battleline units. Sounds odd I know, but hellstriders are good for their points, do not give up GV, and our blissbarbs are great GV units because they die to a breeze anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wordy9th said:

5) Good battleline units. Sounds odd I know, but hellstriders are good for their points, do not give up GV, and our blissbarbs are great GV units because they die to a breeze anyway.

With the notable and sad exception of Daemonettes, who aren't even a really safe summon anymore :(

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my OBR game, I had 13 points at turn 4. Do I bring in 30 daemonettes to go after Arkhan, or a keeper for Sigvald. The keeper's double pile in on nearly any of our units was more beneficial. 

 

my favorite summons are still the keeper, Enrapturess vs summoning armies, and daemonettes if I need a major reinforcement. 

I wish fiends were better summoning. even if it's just 6. A good mobile pseudo anvil/hammer would be nice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carnith said:

In my OBR game, I had 13 points at turn 4. Do I bring in 30 daemonettes to go after Arkhan, or a keeper for Sigvald. The keeper's double pile in on nearly any of our units was more beneficial. 

 

my favorite summons are still the keeper, Enrapturess vs summoning armies, and daemonettes if I need a major reinforcement. 

I wish fiends were better summoning. even if it's just 6. A good mobile pseudo anvil/hammer would be nice. 

I love the big chariots as summons, both the hero and the non-hero version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...