AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

The app has been updated, and the points in that document were spot on. 205 point Sigvald still feels bizarre to me, but this update overall will likely push Slaanesh up a tier straight-out in conjunction with the White Dwarf rules. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

The app has been updated, and the points in that document were spot on. 205 point Sigvald still feels bizarre to me, but this update overall will likely push Slaanesh up a tier straight-out in conjunction with the White Dwarf rules. 

Sigvald's points do seem a bit funky - not to say I'm unhappy with them, but if anything was to get a 60 points drop, I'd have expected the KoS, Glutos, or Slaangors.

My guess, also looking at the Twinsoul/Painbringer/Blissbarb drop, is that they looked at the okay-to-good units in the army and prioritised buffing them as a test. If they know how well Slaanesh can perform with its good units decreased in cost, then they can be more confident with future changes. Sure, they could bring Shalaxi down 60, but there's a good chance no one would use them anyway so it wouldn't help HoS that much or really tell the team useful info. 

Sigvald at 205 may be an autoinclude, but potentially that was the plan - to be experimental and see how far they can push the faction. If so, I appreciate that. 

• Like 1

In the meantime this is probably going to be my go to list:

Army Faction: Hedonites of Slaanesh
    - Army Type: Invaders
    - Army Subfaction: The Lurid Haze
    - Grand Strategy: Take What’s Theirs
    - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADER

Sigvald (205)*
    - General

The Contorted Epitome (245)*
    - General
    - Artefacts: Oil of Exultation
    - Spells: Flaming Weapon
    - Bonding: Krondspine Incarnate of Ghur

Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (135)*
    - General
    - Command Traits: Feverish Anticipation
    - Spells: Dark Delusions

BATTLELINE

Blissbarb Archers (140)*

Blissbarb Archers (140)*

Blissbarb Archers (140)*

BEHEMOTH

Krondspine Incarnate of Ghur (400)*

ENDLESS SPELL

Purple Sun of Shyish (70)

OTHER

1 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (260)**

1 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (260)**

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

**Bounty Hunters

TOTAL POINTS: (1995/2000)

Feels weird all of this fits after so long with the old points, but time to get painting I guess! I’m not happy with how it prioritises painting spam units, but from a competitive standpoint (and not a hobby one sadly) this is great.

• Like 2

Looking through the warscrolls and this could be the meta where slaangor have some viability if large units become popular.

They'd need to sit behind a screen like archers then pile on through the gap once the archers are dead but causing mortal wounds to every model in the unit on a 4+ is crazy.

I know they're generally considered once of the worst warscrolls in the game and a lot of the time, they'll just die but still, if there was ever a time for them, it's probably this season.

22 minutes ago, Rors said:

They'd need to sit behind a screen like archers then pile on through the gap once the archers are dead but causing mortal wounds to every model in the unit on a 4+ is crazy.

As @Wordy9th mentioned, they do MWs on a 4+ per Slaangor, not per enemy. They're not known as one of the worst warscrolls in the game for nothing :(

12 minutes ago, Enoby said:

As @Wordy9th mentioned, they do MWs on a 4+ per Slaangor, not per enemy. They're not known as one of the worst warscrolls in the game for nothing :(

The warscroll ability should be renamed 'Occasional Violence' rather than 'Obsessive Violence.'

Then replace the flavour text with this, "The nonchalant and apathetic attacks of these beasts can sometimes cause serious harm to an unlucky bystander."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Wordy9th said:

I once thought as you do, I was once innocent.

it’s a 4+ per slaangor, not enemy model sadly.

Ohhh, yeah I'm not a hedonite player just looking through all the warscrolls and thinking about the new possible meta...

Yeah, that's one trash unit

36 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Seems like the new points are officially confirmed - no mistypes with Sigvald's points after all :)

Feels weird, doesn't it? To have competitively priced units. I mean, some players even seem to express disbelief and like this is somehow too much. Overall, I'm excited to be able to build a complete army list using Hedonite units rather than crutch on units from several other books.

I doubt we'll suddenly rock the meta but then again no army should do that in an ideal world.

Finally, feels hecking good not having to reach for the salt shaker this time around. Feels really really good.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Feels weird, doesn't it? To have competitively priced units. I mean, some players even seem to express disbelief and like this is somehow too much. Overall, I'm excited to be able to build a complete army list using Hedonite units rather than crutch on units from several other books.

I doubt we'll suddenly rock the meta but then again no army should do that in an ideal world.

Finally, feels hecking good not having to reach for the salt shaker this time around. Feels really really good.

Kinda makes you wonder why they waited so long. Maybe this is just how far ahead books are written at GW, that this was actually the first opportunity to react to community feedback.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

And FAQs still to come.  Seems like we should have seen all the balance motivated changes at this point, but its unlikely that FAQs could be negative for Hedonites and they could be either directly or indirectly beneficial. 

20 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Kinda makes you wonder why they waited so long. Maybe this is just how far ahead books are written at GW, that this was actually the first opportunity to react to community feedback.

Part of it was probably due to being stuck in physical print mode. From now on it seems the ball has started to roll towards digital, which is good. Removing the point costs allows them to nail down rules changes but leave points to be decided on later.

17 minutes ago, KrispyXIV said:

And FAQs still to come.  Seems like we should have seen all the balance motivated changes at this point, but its unlikely that FAQs could be negative for Hedonites and they could be either directly or indirectly beneficial. 

There is one bit which might just happen and that concerns the -60pts drop with Sigvald. I'm thinking that we might be losing out on the Wrath of the Everchosen stuff (no more of that lurid haze).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

There is one bit which might just happen and that concerns the -60pts drop with Sigvald. I'm thinking that we might be losing out on the Wrath of the Everchosen stuff (no more of that lurid haze).

It's still in the App though, isn't it?

2 hours ago, KrispyXIV said:

It's still in the App though, isn't it?

I was just speculating (since -60 pts is a pretty big cut) but you never know with the app. Could go poof in the weekend or tomorrow. Some bugs remain, like giving unique characters like Glutos enhancements. I'd prefer WotE to stay but yeah, I was just musing a bit.

11 hours ago, pnkdth said:

Okay. Without AutoCharge in Turn 1 the 205 Points for Sigvald is more than fair. Probaply he will shoot down or dont come into Combat so.... jes. No more Lurid would be very sad.

No Lurid Haze Sigvald, meet the Quicksilver Swords endless spell. But yeah without Lurid Haze his 6 inch move is a serious problem, though I'd like not being forced into the god awful LH artefacts and command traits. It limits my cool list building.

Her s a list I want to try 8n a battleregiment with the twisouls in bounty hunters

- Army Faction: Hedonites of Slaanesh
     - Army Type: Godseekers
LEADERS
Sigvald (205)
The Contorted Epitome (245)
     - General
     - Command Traits: Speed-chaser
     - Artefacts of Power: Enrapturing Circlet
     - Spells: Born of Damnation
     - Bonding:  Krondspine Incarnate of Ghur
BATTLELINE
Blissbarb Archers (140)    Blissbarb Archers (140)
Blissbarb Archers (280)
BEHEMOTH
Krondspine Incarnate of Ghur (400)
OTHER
Symbaresh Twinsouls (260)
Symbaresh Twinsouls (260)
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
1 x Purple Sun of Shyish (70)
TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

Edited by azdimy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, xhaan said:

Hi, just to say in the french general hand book, sigvald costs 245 points and not 205. You can check it in this video. Dunno who's right tho ! 

The Battlescroll article from yesterday makes it 100% clear that the GHB value is incorrect, and the current points are associated with the Battlescroll balance change/published points download.  

So no need for confusion. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, xhaan said:

Hi, just to say in the french general hand book, sigvald costs 245 points and not 205. You can check it in this video. Dunno who's right tho ! 

Just to elaborate,  the GHB was printed quite a few months ago and so is a few months "out of date" when it's first released. The new digital points are the most in-date versions - I'm assuming they did more testing/listened to more feedback and changed Slaanesh even further than the printed GHB in the new Battlescroll:)

• Like 2

On 12/16/2021 at 12:55 PM, Enoby said:

Fiends of Slaanesh are, at least in Total War, a lot bigger than I thought.

Screenshot_20211216-115305_Facebook.jpg

I have to bump this to say how much i just LOVE fiends 😍🥲

image.jpeg.69f62922f248a38ac0131f25f8b7522f.jpeg

I just wish their 2.0-based functionality was errata'ed, either give them their malus to be wounded by default or let them fight in two ranks.

Edited by JackOfBlades
  • Like 1

My Hedonites have had their first taste of sweet, intoxicating victory! Completely trounced a Fyreslayers host. Took a 20-strong unit of Chaos Warriors for the first time, and had them backed up by a Warshrine and Sorcerer Lord. They slowly crunched their way through everything that got put in their path! Meanwhile the rest of my army ran rings around the plodding foe, racked up a stack of Depravity points, and summoned the Keeper of Secrets just in time to add delectable insult to excruciating injury. 

My ye olde character models got a lot of attention from onlookers, too. Yes, those are pretty little pink bows they're sporting! 

20220624_064330.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1